• Skirabbit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Hi I have a very old set of these speakers - seems one of the crossover units is not working - can I replace them? Is it worth it? Can I use a more modern replacement with RCA plugs? I assume I should replace both if a more modern version is available. Thanks for the advice.
    read more...
    1 91
  • New
    EricVon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-20

Hello,

I have a pair of DMT 215ii's and one of the speaker wire connectors on the rear is about to break off, need the part and someone to service in LA - HELP PLZ!

0 60
    • EricVon
      DavidKnighton Hello EricVon,
      These speakers are quite legacy, long before Music Tribe even existed. Parts for them are going to be obsolete. You may find some 3rd party sellers on eBay, but I would presume almost any twist style speaker terminal will be compatible. You can send it pretty much anywhere you like, because there is no active electronics in these speakers. I would try and find someone who specializes in HiFi speaker repair because they will likely treat your product with a little more finesse than your average electronics repair center. You might also want to try Upscale Audio. They are the premier Tannoy HiFi distributor in USA. They might be able to help you out.
      • May 21
      • Authorized service people in LA?
        EricVon Hey DavidKnighton, thank you for the info!
        • May 21
  • New
    JARC
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-17

We have recently had a fire which has destoryed our V15/T4 (I think: grey with 'Tannoy' engraved across the centre)  partnered passive PA system.

Could you recommend the nearest replacements in the current Tannoy line up for us to advise our insurers of replacement costs?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

read more...
    0 9
  • Pelling
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-04

I am trying to identify a pair of circa late 1960's Tannoy loudspeakers with the serial numbers 64598 & 64590. Can you help please?

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 95
    • Pelling
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Pelling, I hope you are well. If you have not already done so I would recommend opening a technical support ticket and uploading some photos of the loudspeakers, alternatively would you be able to upload some to this post?
      • September 6, 2020
  • New
    Laci
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-17

How I can contact the spare team, I don't find

0 8
    • Laci
      NicJonesMT Hi LAci.
      Click support at the top of the page and then scroll down to the SPARE PARTS option. You can then submit a ticket.
      • Sep 17
    • Laci
      Laci ok, many thanks
      • Sep 17
  • New
    vichaipart
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-21

Hi team,

Could you please let us know the part number of Tannoy CVS4 Grill, frame for Di5 black, Di6 black and Qflex16 Wall Bracket?

0 51
    • vichaipart
      DavidKnighton Hello vichaipart,
      For these types of inquiries, please submit a SPARE PARTS ticket via the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page.
      • May 21
  • New
    stniemin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-30

Hi,

I currently have the Tannoy HTS-101 5.1 speaker set connected to a Denon AVR-X3300.
    Since the amplifier could support 2 more channels but adding rear speakers would be impractical in my home theater/living room, I'm now looking at options for atmos overhead speakers to increase the immersiveness of my home theater set-up.

Out of what is available in the market today, the Tannoy CVS 4 speakers seem like a good option for my scenario, but I would like to have a couple of questions answered, just to be sure:

1. Can the recommend the Tannoy CVS 4 speakers as atmos height speakers in general?

2. Timbre matching wise, would the CVS 4 speakers be a good fit for my existing speaker set-up?

3. Would the difference in nominal impedance (6ohms vs 8ohms) be an issue?

4. I've noted the CVS 4 speakers are encased in steel cans. Can I trust this structure to isolate the sounds and vibrations from leaking to ceiling structures (and the 2 bedrooms above the home theater) with moderate volume levels, or should I put additional effort in sound-proofing?

read more...
    0 25
  • New
    mbodner12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

hi ,please propose a couple of tannoy setups using bookshelf speakers and bass woofer ( I assume) 

an amplifier proposal would also be great / I have a project turntable 

atache pic of room 

it is 8x6m large 

thanks !

read more...
    0 76
  • New
    Ionderla1n
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

Hi, while i was applying wax on the cabinets i have accidentally spread some of it on the driver cone near the edge resulting a stain aprox. 2sq/cm in size.
    Is there a way to clean it or remove it without damaging the cone?
    Thank you in advance.

read more...
    0 5
  • KarmenKung
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

My pair of Tannoy SGM10 is more then 30 yrs old, like to recap the crossover with new capacitors, looking for the crossover wiring schematic to purchase proper capacitors. I can only find the schematic for SGM 12 - SGM 15. Where can I find schematic for SGM 10.

read more...
    0 125
    • KarmenKung
      Nigel67 Hi Karmen. I am sorry, but unfortunately we are not permitted to send out schematics for any products.
      • October 1, 2020
      • Recap crossover of Tannoy SGM 10
        KarmenKung Understand that, its just easier for me to order without taking the crossover out and check for the cap value. however is it allowed to show me the parts list of capacitors for the SGM 10 so that I can go order the caps? Or do you be able to supply new capacitors? Just like to find an easy way to recap my speakers. they are too old and need to be replaced.
        • October 2, 2020
      • Recap crossover of Tannoy SGM 10
        Nigel67 I have checked with a colleague and we do not have the BOM for this crossover. He has suggested this website. They may be able to help you. https://www.hilberink.nl/speaker.htm
        • October 5, 2020
Go to page