Statistics

250,521 members
127,688 posts
  • bramston
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

The Tannoy ceiling speaker in our office has become dislodged. This happened before my arrival to the office so I'm unsure of what cause the issue; however I have been asked to solve the problem! It doesn't push in or twist into place- is there instructions somehwere on how to secure the speaker again? Or perhaps contact details for someone who could fix the problem? The office is based in Soho, London 

Many thanks

read more...
    0 95
    • bramston
      DavidKnighton Hello Libby Bramston,
      You should be able to peel off the grill and see some adjustment screws. The screws can be turned clockwise to tighten the rear of the speaker to the mounting bracket. Now, if the mounting bracket is dislodged behind the plaster, then that would require some thorough investigation.
      • September 28, 2020
  • New
    Tannoy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28
  • New
    Tannoy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-29
  • New
    Riehmulus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

I have four CVS 6 ceiling speakers that have a transformer tap control. These speakers will be the front elevation and rear surround. Can anyone please tell me what setting I should use for a home receiver that does 100 W x7 at 6 or 8 ohms?

read more...
    0 78
    • Riehmulus
      DavidKnighton Hello Riehmulus,
      For 8 Ohm output on a home receiver, you need to tap the LoZ setting on the transformer. Any other setting will go through a transformer tap, and you don't really want that for a home receiver.
      • Jan 15
    • Riehmulus
      Riehmulus Awesome. Is there a recommended pin usage for the molex connector?
      • Jan 15
    • Riehmulus
      Riehmulus I used pin 1 & 2 on one speaker and 3 & 4 on another and seems to get the same output level
      • Jan 15
      • Tannoy CVS 6 transformer tap
        DavidKnighton Are you referring to the speaker input? I do believe 1/2 is parallel to 3/4, so it shouldn't really matter. These speakers are designed to be daisy chain in the masses, but only in 70V/100V operation.
        • Jan 15
  • New
    vichaipart
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-21

Hi team,

Could you please let us know the part number of Tannoy CVS4 Grill, frame for Di5 black, Di6 black and Qflex16 Wall Bracket?

0 46
    • vichaipart
      DavidKnighton Hello vichaipart,
      For these types of inquiries, please submit a SPARE PARTS ticket via the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page.
      • May 21
  • New
    stniemin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-30

Hi,

I currently have the Tannoy HTS-101 5.1 speaker set connected to a Denon AVR-X3300.
    Since the amplifier could support 2 more channels but adding rear speakers would be impractical in my home theater/living room, I'm now looking at options for atmos overhead speakers to increase the immersiveness of my home theater set-up.

Out of what is available in the market today, the Tannoy CVS 4 speakers seem like a good option for my scenario, but I would like to have a couple of questions answered, just to be sure:

1. Can the recommend the Tannoy CVS 4 speakers as atmos height speakers in general?

2. Timbre matching wise, would the CVS 4 speakers be a good fit for my existing speaker set-up?

3. Would the difference in nominal impedance (6ohms vs 8ohms) be an issue?

4. I've noted the CVS 4 speakers are encased in steel cans. Can I trust this structure to isolate the sounds and vibrations from leaking to ceiling structures (and the 2 bedrooms above the home theater) with moderate volume levels, or should I put additional effort in sound-proofing?

read more...
    0 20
  • New
    danny8448
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-22

Hi , 

I have been unable to install my Thirty Six  Tannoy CMS603PI   back cans..

I need to purchase the plaster rings .

No one in USA or Canada has them .

I need to confirm  part # or model #  needed   and place the order .

Attached is teh  image of what is needed..

Thank you  for your help

Daniel Nekoloff

Campbell and Dawes

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 40
    • danny8448
      NicJonesMT Hi Daniel.
      If you click Support at the top of the page and submit a spare parts ticket, a member of the team will be able to advise you further.
      • Apr 23
  • New
    vichaipart
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-23

I would like to know the warranty period and warranty condition for product of Tannoy, DDA, Midas, Klark Teknik and Lab Gruppen.

0 54
    • vichaipart
      Nigel67 Hi, you can find the warranty terms and conditions for each brand by going to the respective brand websites, clicking on the Service Tab at the top of the Home page, and in the new page that opens, scrolling down to Warranty Terms and Conditions. For example, this is the Service page for Behringer https://www.behringer.com/service.html
      • Feb 22
  • joemiller
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-08-17

Why does literally every drawing of every product 2D/3D/Bim lead to a dead link on your website?

It has been like this for weeks. Unfortunately my patience has run out with Tannoy brand under Music Tribe, it's a shadow of its former self. Too many choices out there who have the customers best interests at heart. Though you relentlessly beat on about customer obsession, nothing could be further from the truth.

read more...
    1 145
    • joemiller
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Joe, I hope you are well. I apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, we experienced some issues with our back-office systems recently and are currently in progress of reuploading all files to the websites. If you could let me know which models it is you require this information for I will be more than happy to source this for you.
      • August 17, 2020
  • New
    Tannoy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

PCI Series
    bit.ly/Tannoy-PCI-Series

Dual Concentric In-Ceiling Loudspeakers for Installation Applications

The Tannoy PCI Series Ceiling Speakers are designed to serve our Installed Sound Customers.

#Tannoy #PCISeries #Ceiling #Loudspeakers #Speakers

read more...
    0 83
    • Tannoy
      Timons I love the idea of this product. I am in the US and am having a hard time finding a source to buy them. B&H lists the PCI series on their site, but says they may only have them available on April 16th (3 months from now!) Any suggestions?
      • Jan 17
Go to page