Statistics

227,658 members
102,427 posts
  • New
    AdamE007
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all. Does anybody know what is the definition of a Tannoy Grade B speaker ? BW Adam 

0 26
    • AdamE007
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi AdamE007, the definition of this will vary between distributors/resellers so it is best to fully check this with the place that is selling them, however, in most cases B grade will refer to something that has been returned within the first 30 days of the sale and can no longer be sold as A stock. This can sometimes include Ex-Demo but in most cases this will be listed differently. The product could also show slight signs of cosmetic issues.

I would highly recommend checking this with the place they are being listed though as stated their definition may be slighlty different.
      • Jan 12
      • Tannoy grade B speakers
        AdamE007 Thanks Chris. Interesting ! Nimtronics have 2x pairs of grade B unopened GR Canterbury’s for sale. In the 1st instance, I have asked for photos, serial numbers, proof of purchase and a QC certificate ... can you think of anything else ? BW Adam
        • ·
        • Jan 13
      • Tannoy grade B speakers
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi AdamE007, looks like you have all basis covered if i am honest. If they can provide any further general history this could be good but i think from the information you have requested it should give you enough background.
        • Jan 13
  • New
    nutty007
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

how do I go about obtaining cartons for my Tannoy Stirling speakers?

0 5
    • nutty007
      Nigel67 Hi nutty007. I noticed that you have also sent us a support ticket (CAS-450304-X3H4Q9). I have passed this on to our Spares team and someone from there will get back to you with availability and pricing. Many thanks
      • May 2
  • New
    ChrisFromGreece
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Hey there!

I am about to buy a second hand dc8ti.

Just wanted to know the release date of the speaker so i know if its too old.

Also want to know if these speakers come with a base (plynth or somewhat)! The owner says it didnt come with a base but all the pictures i see, it has a base.

Also is it available for purchase as a spare part (the base), and what is the cost?

read more...
    0 37
    • ChrisFromGreece
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi ChrisFromGrece, you can find out the manufacture date of a unit by the serial number. The below article will guide you in how to find this out:

https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=8bc4966a-6c30-ea11-a812-000d3a081b66&brand=Tannoy

With regards to the plinth, it may be worth double-checking the model of the speaker as the DC8Ti should as you have seen in photos come with one, however, the DC8T would not. This information again should be shown on the serial number label
      • Jan 27
      • Definition DC8ti
        ChrisFromGreece Thanks for the reply. I can’t tell which model it is (dc8ti or dc8T). Is there any chance you can tell, if I send you some pics??
        • Jan 28
      • Definition DC8ti
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi ChrisFromGrece, of course if you can supply pictures of the unit and serial number we will be able to confirm from the product code within the serial number.
        • Jan 28
  • New
    OctaveShift
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-04

Hello, I'm looking for any advice regarding cabinets for a pair of 1978 Tannoy dual concentric 15” speakers. Hoping to house them in 300L cabinets. Thanks in advance.

0 3
    • OctaveShift
      Nigel67 Hi, I think that you will probably find the link below helpful. They have a lot more information than we do from this era and people have made their own cabinets. They also have a forum that you could join and ask questions. I hope this is helpful. https://www.hilberink.nl/speaker.htm
      • Tue at 10:22 AM
      • 1978 Tannoy dual concentric 15” speakers - 300L cabinets
        Emanuel12 Thank you for your response Nigel67. I'll be sure to check out the site. From a quick glance, it looks like it will be very helpful. Thanks again.
        • ·
        • Wed at 2:18 AM
  • Pelling
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-04

I am trying to identify a pair of circa late 1960's Tannoy loudspeakers with the serial numbers 64598 & 64590. Can you help please?

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 47
    • Pelling
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Pelling, I hope you are well. If you have not already done so I would recommend opening a technical support ticket and uploading some photos of the loudspeakers, alternatively would you be able to upload some to this post?
      • September 6, 2020
  • New
    mbodner12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

hi ,please propose a couple of tannoy setups using bookshelf speakers and bass woofer ( I assume) 

an amplifier proposal would also be great / I have a project turntable 

atache pic of room 

it is 8x6m large 

thanks !

read more...
    0 30
  • New
    Pribalta
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

Hi

I am the owner of a Tannoy arena highline system and the subwoower ts500 is making a very loud chirping noise.

Is there any recommendation how to deal with this problem?

Best regards

0 33
    • Pribalta
      Nigel67 Hi Pribalta. This could be a component in the power supply that is starting to fail. Its very difficult to give a definitive answer without us taking a look at it. I would advise that you send it in to us for repair by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page and in the new window that opens, scroll down to the service tab and submit a ticket.
      • Jan 17
      • Chirping sound in subwoofer
        Pribalta Thanks Nigel. The issue happens when the device is connected, if the input cable is removed the sound disappears. The device was bought 5 years ago so unfortunately the warranty has expired. Nevertheless I appreciate you taking time to look into this. I will first reach out to a local electronics store and see what can be done.
        • Jan 27
      • Chirping sound in subwoofer
        Nigel67 Have you confirmed that the problem is not the device that is feeding the sub? Do you have anything else that you can plug into the sub to see if the noise re-appears or not. I would also try a different cable, although if a ground was broken the noise wouldn't sound like the noise you are hearing. i would definitely try another source and cable before taking the sub apart.
        • Jan 27
  • Maciek
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

HI

Please provide a description of how to get inside the speaker enclosure without making any damage. I especially mean the removal of the decorative rings on the speakers and the speakers themselves. The goal is to remove, diagnose and repair the defective speaker.

[email protected]

Best regards

Maciek 

read more...
    1 48
  • ricksihra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-18

Happy sunday.. I have the Tannoy system 12'S, they are amazing studio monitors. I unfortunaetly blew one of the tweeters.. I have been searching high and low for replacement with no luck ! Can anyone please help ? apparently these are the same fit as the 15". I am in canada. 

Thank you,

Rick

read more...
    0 51
    • ricksihra
      RexBeckett Hi Rick, the best way forward is to open a Care ticket: At the top of this page, click Support -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Spare Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • October 18, 2020
  • clive1101
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

I have a tannoy definition subwoofer and the amplifier has gone for the third time, any recommendations for a replacement and are the speakers in phase ie both push at the same time or push pull so that one cone moves out of the cabinet while the other moves in on the same note.

read more...
    0 44
    • clive1101
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Clive, I hope you are well. I can see you have also submitted a case for this inquiry, I will be in touch with you shortly via the case to provide some additional information on this.
      • October 4, 2020
Go to page