Statistics

234,971 members
110,686 posts
  • New
    NoamA
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-20

Hi, I live in Irvine, CA. I would like to buy Revolution XT 8F-GW and take delivery before April 15, but I cannot find any reseller in the US which has it in stock.
    Can you help? Thanks,
    Noam  [email protected]

0 29
    • NoamA
      Dale_M Hi Noam are you able to submit the above through on a Pre Sales Support ticket? I can then see if the team are able to advise you (as they are not on community)
      • Mar 21
  • londonsuedehead
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-18

Hi!

I have run into issues with my Tannoy TFX subwoofer. Problem is I can't get any sound out of it. Plugged in it shows the red power light when it is set to "OFF", when I switch to "AUTO" it's still red but only until the subwoofer receives a signal and then it switches off. When I choose "ON" it's switched off. I assume the light should be green when working correctly?

Any ideas what the issue is?

read more...
    0 46
    • londonsuedehead
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Tomas, it sounds like your unit may be going into protection mode. If you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a service request ticket, this can be done by going to support at the type of the page and scrolling down to service. Please fill out the form and one of my colleagues will be in touch to assist further.
      • October 18, 2020
    • londonsuedehead
      londonsuedehead Cheers Chris. I have sent them a message.
      • October 18, 2020
  • audioemotion
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-08
    Tannoy Legacy Arden Loudspeakers delivered recently have just been opened and found to have what appear to be water marks on the cabinet surfaces - I have photographs that show this. The serial number on both speakers is: Z190200029DEN. Advice please on how to proceed. Many thanks. Marion Lamont at Audio Emotion, Leven - 01333 425999
    read more...
    0 103
    • audioemotion
      WilliamR At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • July 8, 2020
  • New
    Paul53
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

I'd like to know if bi-wiring is recommended for the Cheviot Legacy (I own).

0 37
    • Paul53
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Paul53,please consider that most of our residential loudspeakers, and your Tannoy CHEVIOT are a good example have two sets of speaker terminals, one for the bass (LF) and one for the treble (HF).
      These are normally joined by links, and a single cable run is used to the amplifier.
      However, by removing these links, and using two sets of cable or a special bi-wire cable, the LF and HF are only connected together at the amplifier.
      Even the best cables suffer from losses due to their electrical resistance, inductance and capacitance, and so bi-wiring avoids interaction between the LF and delicate HF parts of the signal.
      This gives better clarity, detail and an improved soundstage. Your Instruction Manual will detail how to prepare your loudspeakers for bi-wiring, and your dealer will be able to advise on suitable cable choices for a given budget.
      For further information, please refer to our White Paper by following the link below:
      https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/22286929/tannoy-supertweeter-paper-in-pdf-format
      • Feb 22
      • Bi- wiring or not the Cheviot Legacy
        Paul53 Hi Mr.Rodrigues,
        • Feb 22
        Paul53 ... I was going to thank you, first. As a matter of fact, the theoretical benefits of bi-wiring are known. The question is if, in practice, such benefits are discernible. Moreover, there are those who believe the single-wiring sound is preferable...
        • ·
        • Feb 22
        PedroRodrigues Hi Paul53 effectively I think they are specially considering that your Tannoy CHEVIOT has two terminals, one for the bass (LF) and one for the treble (HF). and in this case and I mentioned above by removing these links, and using two sets of cable or a special bi-wire cable, the LF and HF are only connected together at the amplifier.
        Even the best cables suffer from losses due to their electrical resistance, inductance and capacitance, and so bi-wiring avoids interaction between the LF and delicate HF parts of the signal.
        This gives better clarity, detail and an improved soundstage.
        • Feb 22
  • DanLibeert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

I have 3 IQ connected in cascade via XLR and fed bij Behringer SD8 and X32. Since some time i have the middle speaker stopping to produce sound and by consequense, the last speaker stops also.

This happens 'intermittant' and it is not possible to reproduce the fault.

Looking at the display everything looks ok, sometimes it helps to pull and reset the XLR-plugs.

Since IQ12 has two amps i have allready switched to the other amp but the problem stays.

The only thing that helps is rebooting the speaker via the power switch after wich it comes to live again.

I have the same configuration just working fine on the left side off the church (stereo)

This is very anoying since one can never predict the fault happening.

Anyone having the same trouble?

read more...
    0 13
    • DanLibeert
      GaryHiggins If you can determine for sure it's that particularlar speaker? Switch its position in the chain and try it as well as switch out the xlr cable(s)-maybe easier to do that first. Are these IQ speakers using the latest firmware? If the problem persists with that particular speaker I would suggest sending it off for repair. Have you tried connecting them using just the ultranet?
      • October 7, 2020
      • Turbosound IQ12 stops producing sound all of a sudden
        DanLibeert Hallo Gary, thank you for the quick responce. First i will update the firmware and change de position of the speaker, making it last in the row. This way i can rule out cable issues.
        • ·
        • October 7, 2020
  • percy777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

two years ago i bought a turbosound ip2000 speaker. then recently i heard that i could link turbosound speakers with each other. so i bought anoher turbosound ip2000 speaker. i had no idea there were two versions. the first one i boght was ip2000 version 1 then the 2nd one was version 2. my problem is i was trying to link the both of them but it wouldnt work. is it because these two have different versions? if so, how do i upgrde my ip2000 vrsion 1? your response would be a big help, stay safe and thank you!

read more...
    0 112
    • percy777
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Miquel, I hope you are well. Unfortunately, it is not possible to link a V1 unit to a V2 unit via Bluetooth. This can still be achieved via an analog connection, however, due to hardware changes, the V1 is not compatible with the V2. There is no official way to upgrade your V1 unit and please note any modifications carried out would void your warranty (If applicable)
      • October 26, 2020
  • New
    Robinjm16
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-08

Why can't you phone for support? Does anyone know what is the best subwoofer for tannoy gr range?

0 41
    • Robinjm16
      KyleJohnson Hi Robin, Kyle here with Music Tribe. For support, you can click on the Support link at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket. One of our support experts will then reply to your case.
      • December 8, 2020
      • Contact number for tannoy?
        KyleJohnson But for a Sub for the GR series, I'd recommend the Tannoy Definition Subwoofer.
        • December 8, 2020
  • MHPParis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-22

Hi,

We are selling and repairing speakers and loudspeakers for 40 years in Paris.

I have a customer that would want to order a woofer for his tannoy reveal 802.

Would it be possible to provide such parts?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

MHP Paris

read more...
    0 40
    • MHPParis
      ChrisEdwards1 I suggest that you open a Care ticket. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Spare parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit.
      • July 22, 2020
  • New
    JADE2USER
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-28

Hi, everyone, I am a HiFi speaker enthusiast that have by chance posessed a pair of Klark Teknik Jade 2 active monitoring speaker cabinet set.  I am in the process of restoring the sets.  I have already have all the brand new Dynaudio speakers components (Tweeters, Mid Range, and Sub-woofers). I would like to exchange knowledge with anyone who owned or produced the speakers.  I still have some questions to settle before I put them on.  Can anyone share some info with me to restore this vintage Klark Teknik Jade 2 high end active monitoring speaker sets.  Thank you!

read more...
    0 22
    • JADE2USER
      Dale_M Hi there they used to be made in Kidderminster but I am afraid we cannot share schematics with you. However do any of them exhibit any faults? We may be able to advise.
      • Apr 30
  • New
    DavidintheMusicTribe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-28

Dear Tannoy,

I am interested in your Tannoy Gold 8 Active Studio Nearfield Monitors but I note that the lower frequnct response is capped at 50Hz, what solution do you provide for the 0 - 50Hz sub-bass?  

0 43
    • DavidintheMusicTribe
      PedroRodrigues Hi DavidintheMusicTribe effectively you are correct the Tannoy Gold 8 at ±3 dB offers a Frequency response of 54 Hz – 20 kHz and at -10 dB offers a Frequency response of 40 Hz – 20 kHz, unfortunately at this moment we do not offer any product that includes in there frequency response the lower frequency spectrum that you are referring to. Please also consider that the majority of studio subwoofers will offer a frequency spectrum of 24 Hz - 85 Hz at -6dB. Thank you
      • Apr 17
Go to page