Statistics

216,328 members
89,541 posts
  • Z0oM
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

Hi,

I recently bought a Behringer Ultravoice XM8500 microphone in a well known online shop. In the spec sheet I read the microphone had 150Ohm impedance, but when I opened the microphone I bought, in the capsule says it has 250 Ohm impedance. Is it usual that the products don't meet the specs? I'm a bit confused...Has anyone recently bought this microphone? Can you check the writing in your capsule?

read more...
    0 57
    • Z0oM
      Paul_Vannatto In the body of the mic is probably a small transformer that converts the capsule's unbalanced signal to a balanced output. This transformer will also change the output impedance.
      • September 23, 2020
      • Behringer Ultravoice XM8500 microphone impedance
        Z0oM Oh, that is probably it. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer a newbie like me!
        • September 23, 2020
  • New
    Matthew12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

Hello, I wonder if you can help please. I am unable to get my mircophone sound to come out of the speakers. IT is alll plugged in correctly to the mixer but no sound coming out.  Any thoughts please? am assuming it is quite simple. I have only just bought the equipment so am not used to the set up. Thank you in advance for your help

read more...
    0 23
    • Matthew12
      RexBeckett Hello Matthew, we may be able to help if you can tell us what mixer you have, which type of microphone, the make/model of speakers and how you have it all connected.
      • Jan 21
      • Behringer Mixer - cannot get microphone sound out into speakers
        Matthew12 hello thank you for your kind follow up to my question. It is a Behringer mixer DX2000USB, the microphone is a Shure. The speakers are GALE. All are attached according to the instructions. Not sure if there is a button which has/ hasn't been pressed....
        • Jan 21
    • Matthew12
      RexBeckett Is it just the microphone that is not working, Matthew? Do the music channels work correctly?

Do you see the Sig LED on the Mic channel flash when you speak? If not, check that the source is set to Mic rather than Line. Try raising the Mic channel gain. Also try a different mic cable and, if possible, another mic.

If the Sig LED flashes, make sure that the Channel On button is pressed and the channel fader is raised.
      • Jan 21
        Matthew12 thankyou for you help one other thing I cannot find a telephone number for Behringer as that might be an idea to phone them direct do you happen to have the number at all thankyou
        • Jan 23
    • Matthew12
      Matthew12 Hello Rex it is all up and running the talk button I pushed and all good I had tried that before anyway thank you again and take care and be safe
      • Jan 23
    • Matthew12
      Matthew12 All good now the talk button I pushed down and yippee I had tried that before but there you go take care and be safe
      • Jan 23
        RexBeckett I'm happy to hear that it is working now Matthew.
        • Jan 23