Statistics

224,023 members
98,280 posts
  • New
    YAird
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-11

Greetings guys I got an GOXLR Mini as a present.

I want to know if this will have a warranty in the US or if it comes from another country/distributor.

The serial number is S190902257DI7

Thanks

read more...
    0 38
    • YAird
      PedroRodrigues Hi Fernando, please be aware that if you have a original proof of purchase form a USA reseller in your name for the unit you have acquired you will have the standard Warranty cover stated by the US Law 1 year. If you register your unit on the first 90 days form purchase you will gain access to two extra years of cover and the unit will be covered for 3 years. Thank you
      • December 15, 2020
  • michaelrtm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-26

I'm looking to fill my classroom with TC Helicon Blenders for students to be able to practice along with a mix that I'm running to each unit. Keys, Bass, Electric Drum kit, Vocals etc - but I cannot find any information regarding the inputs and if I will need DIs.

Considering I was looking at Roland HS-5's which are more complicated and triple the price, I'd love if I can just plug and play my basses, keys and microphones.

Posted under Musicians tribe too. Sorry for the double post, just want to get a response!

read more...
    1 260
    • michaelrtm
      RexBeckett

@michaelrtm 

Hi Michael, welcome to the community.

According to the Quick Start Guide , the inputs are stereo unbalanced with an impedance of 10K. They would not be suitable for direct connection of passive instrument pickups. You should be OK with adapter cables for Keys and E-Drums but you would need pre-amplification for passive instruments and microphones. I guess the reason the Roland HS-5 costs more is that the pre-amps are built in.

• November 25, 2019
    • michaelrtm
      michaelrtm

I'm a complete noob when it comes to the maths/science side of sound. Would an Active DI boost the signal enough? Would a Behringer Ultra-DI DI20 2-Channel DI-Box/Splitter do mics and basses etc? Still significantly cheaper than the HS-5 if I only need to get 1 of those per two signals.

• November 25, 2019
    • michaelrtm
      RexBeckett

@michaelrtm wrote:

I'm a complete noob when it comes to the maths/science side of sound. Would an Active DI boost the signal enough? Would a Behringer Ultra-DI DI20 2-Channel DI-Box/Splitter do mics and basses etc? Still significantly cheaper than the HS-5 if I only need to get 1 of those per two signals.

@michaelrtm 

DI boxes will give you a high enough input impedance for passive pickups but they don't usually increase the signal level - they normally drop it to suit typical mic-level mixer inputs. You would be better using a guitar effects pedal that includes a buffer and boost function. Something like this should be OK. It has 1MOhm input impedance (good for most guitar pickups) and 1kOhm output impedance which would suit the Blender. You would also need a power supply for each pedal.

Microphones don't need high input impedance but they do need more voltage gain. You can get separate mic preamps ( for example ) but it would probably be cheaper to buy small mixers like this for one mic or this one for two mics.

I don't want to put you off the Blender but it wasn't designed for direct inputs from mics and passive pickups. It could be made to work with external preamps if you don't mind having several boxes at each station.

• November 25, 2019
    • michaelrtm
      TCH-Aaron

Hi @michaelrtm , thanks for considering the Blender to be a part of your classroom! The missing part of the puzzle here would be two products from our Go Series; the Go Guitar and Go Vocal. Both harness the power of a mobile device, iOS or Android, to process the signal and send it back to the Blender using a TRS 3.5mm aux cable.
      Here's a demo featuring the Go Guitar
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyQB2AmRKHk 

• January 27, 2020
  • New
    LucasHols
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-28

not 100% sure if this is the actual problem but its the only thing that is consistent, I always have the GOXLR software open and every so often it checks for updates, and when it does my mouse and keyboard stop working and seem as tho they lose power, it comes back on in about 5-30 seconds, I have NOT uninstalled and reinstalled it yet as id rather not do that.

read more...
    0 46
    • LucasHols
      PedroRodrigues Hi Lucas that is generally due to the USB connection dropping, please change to another USB port
      • December 1, 2020
  • Ishbudigital
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-22

I purchased a goxlr from Thomann and no one in US had in stock. How do I get the American adaptor. When you spend their much money you expect the American and European to be in box as it's simply a plastic part with prongs. So frustrating 

1 50
    • Ishbudigital
      john0121 If you submit a spare parts request via the Support button at the top of the page a member of the American spare parts team will be able to help you with this.
      • August 24, 2020
    • Ishbudigital
      aspar Agreed... the separate adapter that is available for special order purchase at some retailers includes 3 different country adapters for the power supply. You should just include them all with the GoXLR, as its only 2 more cheap plastic parts, and you wouldn't need to have separate units to ship to specific countries. I've placed a special order through a store in New York for a whole adapter that may take at least 2 weeks and cost $25 when I dont even need the power supply... and now created a ticket here to see if i can get just the US part, or the same thing I already ordered if it can be done faster. Frustrating for sure.
      • September 8, 2020
    • Ishbudigital
      john0121 Sorry for the frustration. If you let me know the case number I'll see if there is anything the team can do to speed this up.
      • September 9, 2020
      • Goxlr power supply
        aspar Thanks John, case# CAS-136311-Y4Q8X0
        • September 10, 2020
      • Goxlr power supply
        aspar any luck on this? thanks
        • September 14, 2020
      • Goxlr power supply
        john0121 Sorry I missed the notification of this, I have asked a member of the AMER spares team to get back to you on this.
        • ·
        • September 14, 2020
  • New
    WBGMike48
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

are the goXLR drivers asio drivers?

0 28
  • New
    dannyc116
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Hi, I need a power cord for a GOXLR Mini. I accidentaly cut through the power cord with scissors and would like to buy a new power cord. It's not a warranty issue, and even if it was, I tossed out all the boxes and paperwork already.

0 9
    • dannyc116
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi dannyc116, if you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a spares ticket. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spares tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Apr 1
  • New
    Colony98787
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-16

Hello! I just recieved my GoXlr to see that I accidently purchased one with a Germany plug in adapter instead of the USA one.

What can I do??? PLEASE HELP!

0 15
  • jneuberger
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-05

Hi,

I am unable to connect with my Blackview BV8000 Pro phone (Android 8.0.0) to the Blender via Bluetooth.

When I try it from the Bluetooth devices menu on my phone I receive the error message "Blender rejected the pairing" or "Unable to communicate with Blender device". I also tried from the Blender app, following carefully the instructions, and the "Connecting to Blender" screen is just timing out. 

I don't think that the problem is with my phone because I tried with a Xiaomi Redmi 6A (Android 8.1.0), however I experience the same issues. 

Could you please advise?

read more...
    0 82
  • picho18
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-28

Hi, I have a VoiceLive Play that I want to use to help with our singing and I want to connect it to a Yamaha MG12XUK mixer. We use this setup to sing along with midi karaoke.

Can anyone suggest how to connect them to make the most out of the pitch correction feature of the Voicelive Play?

Regards

read more...
    0 191
    • picho18
      TCH-Rob

Hi @picho18 , 

You should be able to simply take the two stereo outputs from the Voicelive Play and plug them via xlr into two input channels on the mixer. 

That said, you said you're planning to use midi for the karaoke; this may be difficult as the Voicelive Play doesn't have a midi input. If you're outputting your karaoke tracks through the same mixer I could help you with some potential routing setups that would work for harmonies. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions!  

• January 29, 2020
    • picho18
      picho18

Hi again @TCH-Rob , I thought maybe I give you a full description of my setup so you can assist us.

We use a computer to generate the music track, using Creative Labs Audigy 2 NX external card, with its own Soundfont Bank manager. The output of the Audigy is connected to a Yamaha MG12XUK mixer and from there to a Lexsen amplifier.

The TC Helicon VoiceLive play is also connected to the mixer.

So, our question is:

How do we connect the music (the track) from the Audigy to the VoiceLive Play in order to get it to help us with the pitch correction?

Kind regards

• January 31, 2020
  • New
    Mazards
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-30

Hey all, so I am using a Blue Yeti X Condenser Microphone and was told that all you need to do to connect it to the GoXLR is just to add the 3.5mm cable to it and done. However, whenever I try to plug it in all I hear is a loud screeching sound and I cannot use the Chat Mic option. If anyone has a solution, I would truly appreciate it! Thank you!

read more...
    0 63
    • Mazards
      PedroRodrigues Hi Osman,please note if you intend to use the popular Blue Yeti microphone, which has its own built-in headphone output, you should run that built-in headphone output into the GO XLR’s MIC input.
      For Blue Yeti mics powered via USB, plug the USB connector directly into your computer for power, but do not select the Blue Yeti as an audio source on the computer.
      Instead, the Blue Yeti’s headphone output will be the audio source for mixing inside GO XLR.
      • Jan 7
Go to page