Statistics

298,605 members
182,229 posts
  • LNCRP00
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-21

Hi All,

I have owned the EURORACK UB 802 Mixer for many years with no issues, but decided to upgrade to the XENYX 1002B Mixer and was at first very pleased with the quality. All the channels work very well using my high impedance microphones which do not require phantom power, then I connected the Behringer C1 Microphone (bought at the same time as the UB 802) and turned the phantom power on the new Mixer, put the Mic fader up to hear Mains Hum plus the audio from the Mic, I changed to Mic 2 channel but got the same results. I re-plugged the C1 Mic back the UB 802 and the audio from the Mic was clean, I turned the gain up to the max and proved the Mic is fault free, no Mains Hum just hiss from the high gain.  I connected the C1 Mic back to the new 1002B Mixer and the Mains hum is still there. My word my new purchase seems to be faulty on all five Mic Channels when the phantom power is turned on.  Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening, or am I missing something?  

Kind regards

Chris

read more...
    0 101
    • LNCRP00
      RexBeckett Hi Chris. According to the published specs, the C1 requires a phantom supply of 36-52 Volts. The phantom supply on the 1002B is only 18 Volts. You could try using an external 48V phantom supply between the mic and the mixer. e.g. Behringer PS400.
      • August 21, 2020
    • LNCRP00
      LNCRP00 Hi Rex, Many thanks for your advice, I feel quite stupid now as I did look at the specs, but totally missed that important bit of info. I have just looked at your recommendation on Amazon and it will now arrive early September. Thank you Rex for your help. Best Regards Chris
      • August 21, 2020
  • New
    manoaratefy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-04

Good morning,

I have a 2nd hand Behringer Xenyx 2442USB which suddenly stopped to work. The problem is that now, power LED is blinking and the mixer seems "rebooting" infinitely. As long as I already opened the console multiple time (to fix some other issues such as the JRC4580 amps killed by a bad external hardware), I want to repair it myself.

At the beginning, can I run the PSU alone (not connected to the board, for voltage output testing)? I've inspected the PSU, seems that there is no IC for command, but still want to be sure before testing. And what I should expect as voltage output? (+/-15V, 5V, 48V like X1222USB or something else?) Is there any doc about the connector pins?

Then, is there any common issue with these PSU that would lead to this problem? At this time I'm expecting to replace the BD239 & BD240 transistors (in cold side), but not sure if I should also replace filtering capacitors in the cold side (there is no visible damage in the board).

Thanks in advance for help.

read more...
    0 39
    • manoaratefy
      Dale_M

Hi there we would advise raising a Service ticket via the support tab above for a non warranty repair.

• October 4, 2021
      • Behringer Xenyx 2442USB PSU issue
        manoaratefy Thank you. I've just submitted a ticket.
        • October 5, 2021
    • manoaratefy
      manoaratefy Finally solved the problem.
      - The PSU can be run alone
      - My problem was not due to PSU
      - A short circuit on 0V and -15V pin has been detected on the main board. The problem was due to a JRC4580 chip in channel 6 which short-circuited the 0V and -15V. Simple replacement of the chip solved my issue.
      • October 6, 2021
  • New
    lucattani73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-19

Hi ! 

I'va a problem on my X2442. On stereo channels 9/10 and 11/12 the Gain control doesn't work. If I try to turn fully clockwise, I hear just a white noise increasing, but the source sound doesn't change in level. I've connected a digital piano and a digital synth, no FX enabled. What can I try to verify? The fader controls work fine.

Thanks!  

read more...
    0 53
    • lucattani73
      RexBeckett Hi lucattani, the user manual for the X2442USB seems to explain that the gain control on channels 9/10 and 11/12 only affects the Mic (XLR) input. This is strange but apparently what the designers intended. See attached clipping about the stereo channels from page 8 of the user manual.

If they are spare, you could use channels 13/14 and 15/16 which do have functioning gain controls for line-level inputs. Otherwise you would need to adjust the output level on the source devices.
      • April 19, 2021
      • Behringer Xenyx X2442 USB - Gain doesn't work on two stereo channels
        lucattani73 Ah... yes, I think it's a strange idea. But.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH RexBeckett
        • April 21, 2021
  • New
    Hawkweber
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-20

i have 2 Behringer 1202FX mixers that I need to connect together to increase the number of mic inputs (each have 4 but have 6 singers).  What is the best way to connect the second 1202fx to the main unit?  The main unit will have 4 mics connected (XLR) and will also be the main out to the powered speaker.  The other 2 mics (XLR) will be connected to the sub unit 1202fx.  i would configure gain/EQ for those mics on that unit.  

read more...
    0 46
    • Hawkweber
      Dale_M Hi there this will be a bit of a squeeze but it will be possible to make sub mix; if you have all 4 singers going from 1202FX (1) get your mix correct and then come out of this via the Main out L & R then from here send in to Inputs 1 and 2 of 1202FX (2). This way you can use your individual Pan, EQ and faders on (1) to blend the overall mix of (2) the way you want it. I would also be inclined to put the main vocalist on (2) as well. Bear in mind that you will have 4 channels of audio being squeezed in to the inputs on (2) so you need to keep a check of your levels so they don't distort and go in to the red. I hope this helps.
      • July 20, 2021
  • New
    luke1307
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

Hi all
    Ive just joined a band that uses a x2222usb mixer, I haven’t used this mixer before I’m use to digital. The mixer only has two aux outputs for monitors, is it possible to run the two sub groups as monitors as well? I haven’t had chance to get my hands on the mixer and the other band members don’t really know the mixer that well.
    Thanks

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    jkjking
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-16

While playing live with vocals, electronic drums, keyboard and micd guitar amp all going through mixer with main output going through powered speakers, is it possible to use as audio interface to record to laptop (stream or DAW)at the same time?

read more...
    0 9
    • jkjking
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, but the USB output is stereo only (not multi-track)
      • Jun 15
    • jkjking
      Paul_Vannatto On page 14 of the manual it states "The XENYX mixer line has built-in USB connectivity, allowing stereo signals to
      be sent to and from the mixer and a computer. The audio sent from the mixer to
      a computer is identical to the MAIN MIX".
      • Jun 16
    • jkjking
      GizmoG_Álvarez As Paul_Vannatto says you could go on the USB side but could only record 2 channels.
      There would be another way but perhaps it's not worth the cost as you need to invest on another interface:
      1) Get a Behringer UMC1820 or any other interface with as many inputs and outputs as you need. In this case its a 8/8 I/O interface.
      2) Drums on channels 1-2, Keyboards on 3-4, guitar 5, vocals 6-7-8 (You could also, and best, use MIDI for drums and keyboards, but for this example I guess it's easier to explain it just with their audios)
      3) Get 8 insert cables and connect them to the insert jacks in the back of the mixer. Connect the insert send to input 1 and return to output 1 in the interface. Do the same with the rest of the channels and configure your DAW software to send channels each channel to its correlative output instead of sending them to master or any other bus.

This way the signals go into the mixers, pass the preamp, go into the DAW where its recorded and go back to the channel that can be send to your monitors, PA...
      That Behringer UMC1820 is about 250€, 1m insert cables around 10€/each
      On a decent laptop and set up correctly there shouldn't be much latency and you could go. But bear in mind that it is a bit risky for live use you are a bit limited in case you want to add more channels, effects, etc. In case the interface or the laptop would crash, there won't be any sound back on the mixer (PA, monitors...). If it wasn't a problem I would better invest on an XAir18.

Hope it helps.
      • Jun 16
  • New
    Toshpeet
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-11

Hello,

wether I turn level control right or left, sound level remains the same in mix. I tried a line or mic input. Same result. The level only change when I use trim control.

I tried control room. Same result

Any explanation ?

Thanks

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    ethanster
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

Hello, pretty simple question but I am real sound newbie. We are a very simple band. Banjo, Guitar, acoustic bass, washboard, and 4 vocal mics. All Shure sm 58 and 57's 

I have 2 Behringer EUROLIVE VP Pro 1000 Watt speakers (8 ohms) and a Behringer Europower PMX2000 (Stereo Mode 250w @ 4 ohm 180 watts at 8 ohm)  ---> more specs "passive 250-watt (program)/1000-watt (peak), 8-ohm, 2-way PA speaker"

When I plug into the the Right/Mono Main in the back and then daisy chain the 2nd speaker (using 1/4" connections) we get some random cutout. Fidding around with the volume controls can bring things back to a clear sound ... but otherwise we get intermittent crackles and poor sound. 

When we run one speaker from the Right/Mono Main and the other on the Left/Monitor - things work awesome. But of course we can't use monitors ... which is acceptable. 

My thoughts are we are not just not pushing enough power thru the amp to the daisey chained speakers and can't run in that configuration. 

Does this sound correct or am I missing something. The various OHM's calculations are confusing me but suggest I should be able to run the above? 

Thanks! 

read more...
    0 38
    • ethanster
      Dale_M Please can you raise a Technical ticket via the above support tab so we can assist.
      • May 5
      • Power mixer, passive speakers and daisy chaining
        JeffRusin Really, you want him to fill out a ticket so you can assist you just can’t answer the question, you got to be kidding either that or you shouldn’t be on the panel
        • ·
        • May 10
  • New
    luke1307
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

Hi all
    Ive just joined a band that uses a x2222usb mixer, I haven’t used this mixer before I’m use to digital. The mixer only has two aux outputs for monitors, is it possible to run the two sub groups as monitors as well? I haven’t had chance to get my hands on the mixer and the other band members don’t really know the mixer that well.
    Thanks

read more...
    0 12
    • luke1307
      Dale_M The Aux outs are the only true monitor sends, the subs will only work as described in the manual:
      • May 25
  • New
    thezer0lag
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

Good morning,

I moved my GoXLR from my basement office to my new office in my upstairs spare room. Somehow after that move, I can't get the GoXLR to power back up. I've replaced the power cable with a new one, and even then, when plugged in, the system remains blank.

I reached out with a ticket on the 9th, which was closed on the 12th, with no response. I then opened another ticket a few days later and got a response that it should be handled under warranty repair. That was on the 19th, and I've had no confirmation of the next steps or that my messages were received. If someone could please help me with the next steps, that would be great, as for the past two weeks now, my Shure mic has been nothing more than a desk ornament. 

read more...
    0 27
    • thezer0lag
      PedroRodrigues Hi thezer0lag, thank you for your post, can you please provide both case numbers submitted so I can investigate this matter and assist you on this matter going forward. Meanwhile I would suggest to confirm that you are using a Standard 12 V DC, centre negative < 1 A PSU . Thank you
      • May 24
      • Go XLR Power Issues
        thezer0lag Here is the most recent case number CAS-602340-K3R7Q6.

I have verified that the replacement cable is one that meets the standards given.
        • ·
        • May 25
    • thezer0lag
      Dale_M Sorry to hear this, can you advise your ticket numbers please?
      • May 25
      • Go XLR Power Issues
        thezer0lag Here is the most recent case number CAS-602340-K3R7Q6.
        • ·
        • May 25
    • thezer0lag
      PedroRodrigues

Hi thezer0lag,thank you for providing the case numbers, I was able to request the Service Department to look in to this matter and to prioritize this case. They will manage this matter directly via case number. Thank you

• May 25
      • Go XLR Power Issues
        thezer0lag Maybe this is an issue on my end, but since I put in my 1st request on 5/9 this is all I&#39;ve seen. I&#39;ve had one email sent to me but on my end, this is all I can see in the ticketing menu.
        • Jun 8
      • Go XLR Power Issues
        thezer0lag
        • Jun 8
      • Go XLR Power Issues
        thezer0lag
        • Jun 8
    • thezer0lag
      PedroRodrigues Hi thezer0lag, thank you for your post, I have confirmed that you will be contacted by our Service Department ASAP. Thank you
      • Jun 9
Go to page