Statistics

250,523 members
127,690 posts
  • LNCRP00
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-21

Hi All,

I have owned the EURORACK UB 802 Mixer for many years with no issues, but decided to upgrade to the XENYX 1002B Mixer and was at first very pleased with the quality. All the channels work very well using my high impedance microphones which do not require phantom power, then I connected the Behringer C1 Microphone (bought at the same time as the UB 802) and turned the phantom power on the new Mixer, put the Mic fader up to hear Mains Hum plus the audio from the Mic, I changed to Mic 2 channel but got the same results. I re-plugged the C1 Mic back the UB 802 and the audio from the Mic was clean, I turned the gain up to the max and proved the Mic is fault free, no Mains Hum just hiss from the high gain.  I connected the C1 Mic back to the new 1002B Mixer and the Mains hum is still there. My word my new purchase seems to be faulty on all five Mic Channels when the phantom power is turned on.  Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening, or am I missing something?  

Kind regards

Chris

read more...
    0 89
    • LNCRP00
      RexBeckett Hi Chris. According to the published specs, the C1 requires a phantom supply of 36-52 Volts. The phantom supply on the 1002B is only 18 Volts. You could try using an external 48V phantom supply between the mic and the mixer. e.g. Behringer PS400.
      • August 21, 2020
    • LNCRP00
      LNCRP00 Hi Rex, Many thanks for your advice, I feel quite stupid now as I did look at the specs, but totally missed that important bit of info. I have just looked at your recommendation on Amazon and it will now arrive early September. Thank you Rex for your help. Best Regards Chris
      • August 21, 2020
  • New
    lucattani73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-19

Hi ! 

I'va a problem on my X2442. On stereo channels 9/10 and 11/12 the Gain control doesn't work. If I try to turn fully clockwise, I hear just a white noise increasing, but the source sound doesn't change in level. I've connected a digital piano and a digital synth, no FX enabled. What can I try to verify? The fader controls work fine.

Thanks!  

read more...
    0 39
    • lucattani73
      RexBeckett Hi lucattani, the user manual for the X2442USB seems to explain that the gain control on channels 9/10 and 11/12 only affects the Mic (XLR) input. This is strange but apparently what the designers intended. See attached clipping about the stereo channels from page 8 of the user manual.

If they are spare, you could use channels 13/14 and 15/16 which do have functioning gain controls for line-level inputs. Otherwise you would need to adjust the output level on the source devices.
      • Apr 19
      • Behringer Xenyx X2442 USB - Gain doesn't work on two stereo channels
        lucattani73 Ah... yes, I think it's a strange idea. But.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH RexBeckett
        • Apr 21
  • New
    Hawkweber
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-20

i have 2 Behringer 1202FX mixers that I need to connect together to increase the number of mic inputs (each have 4 but have 6 singers).  What is the best way to connect the second 1202fx to the main unit?  The main unit will have 4 mics connected (XLR) and will also be the main out to the powered speaker.  The other 2 mics (XLR) will be connected to the sub unit 1202fx.  i would configure gain/EQ for those mics on that unit.  

read more...
    0 31
    • Hawkweber
      Dale_M Hi there this will be a bit of a squeeze but it will be possible to make sub mix; if you have all 4 singers going from 1202FX (1) get your mix correct and then come out of this via the Main out L & R then from here send in to Inputs 1 and 2 of 1202FX (2). This way you can use your individual Pan, EQ and faders on (1) to blend the overall mix of (2) the way you want it. I would also be inclined to put the main vocalist on (2) as well. Bear in mind that you will have 4 channels of audio being squeezed in to the inputs on (2) so you need to keep a check of your levels so they don't distort and go in to the red. I hope this helps.
      • Jul 20
  • msnook04
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-08

I have been using these powered heads for a long time and they usually last about 3 to 4 years and then you have to throw them away and buy a new one.  My experience is that I lose one side of the amp.  I think the $450 investment over 4 or 5 years is reasonable, but am wondering why I had to pay $590 last night after another one bit the dust during my gig yesterday?  What was the reason those went up $130?

Thanks for any insight.

MS

read more...
    0 41
    • msnook04
      Paul_Vannatto Are you in the USA? If so, you know who to blame. He is putting tariffs on everything - just did it to our Canadian aluminum, even though our countries have a signed trade agreement.
      • August 8, 2020
    • msnook04
      Dale_M Yes does sound very much like the Trade War on anything carrying a Made In China badge on it. :(
      • August 10, 2020
    • msnook04
      DavidKnighton China’s average tariff rate on U.S. goods jumped from 8% at the start of 2018 to 20.7% in June of 2019. This means that in order for manufactures to break even, they have to pass the buck on to the consumer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/trade-war-china-raises-tariffs-on-us-cuts-levies-on-other-countries.html
      • August 11, 2020
  • 阳光audio
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-29

UMC202 怎么设置成1进2出呢 

0 117
    • 阳光audio
      Nigel67 Hi, please could you explain a little further as to your issue. What are you trying to set as 1 in 2 out? Many thanks.
      • September 30, 2020
    • 阳光audio
      阳光audio ?
      • October 9, 2020
      • UMC202 怎么设置成1进2出呢
        Nigel67 Input 1 will only be heard out of the 1(L) when you press the Direct Monitor switch. Just like input 2 will only be heard from the 2(R) output
        • October 14, 2020
  • New
    Laumee
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-12

Hey everyone, I have encountered a problem with my venice f24, one of the groups is not responsive when I route channels to it. I did check all the others and they are absolutely fine, just one (group 2) does not get signal into it, nothing on a meter, no output and it's been working fine the other day. Maybe anyone had this issue before? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 83
    • Laumee
      Dale_M Hi Matas, if you have concluded that the Group 2 is faulty and nothing will route to it like the others it would be advised to look at organising a non warranty repair via a support ticket/service request, we can then advise the best course of action.
      • December 14, 2020
  • New
    SJegorovs
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-15

Hello to all,

where I can find a description,  how I can install the windows software package (Instruments,  hosts...) on my Win 10 PC. The quick Start Guide is very poor,  and a manual I cannot find on the download page. I will by happy for every hint.

Best regards

Svens

read more...
    0 70
    • SJegorovs
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi SJegrovs, the mentioned software package is made up of a DAW(Digital Audio Workstation) and Plugins, how you install the Plugins will vary depending on the DAW being used.
      We would recommend referring to the manual for the DAW you are using for the best guidance on installing the Plugins, if you plan to use the included Audacity DAW their website has some very useful information regarding this. Please see the link below:

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/plug-ins/
      • Apr 15
  • New
    CPMixing
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

Hi,

The other day while doing other work behind my Midas, I unfortunately bumped a speaker and it fell and broke off the Master and Mono Master Faders. In the attached pic, you can see what I'm left with. It was a pretty clean break, but there is nothing in the faders now to control them, although they still work and pass audio. I have 2 questions...

-Do I really need to take apart the entire console to re attach the faders?

-The metal port that the fader attaches to might be bent, what parts might I need to re attach them?

Thanks so much for any help at all.

read more...
    0 52
    • CPMixing
      Nigel67 Hi CPMixing. I think that you will do very well if you can attach the shafts back on the faders. You will more than likely have to replace them. The faders are soldered on to the pcb, so yes, you will have to take out the fader pcb to desolder and replace the faders, or you can purchase a replacement fader pcb. If you know how to solder, then its a more time consuming job than being difficult. To access the pcbs, you need to take the bottom panel off the console. For availability of faders or fader pcb, please contact our spares team. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with part numbers, availability and pricing.
      • Jun 19
  • New
    Peaceinc99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Need apower supply

0 51
    • Peaceinc99
      Nigel67 Hi Peaceinc99. For spares, please go to the Support tab at the top of the page. When the new page opens, scroll down to the spare parts tab and submit a spares ticket. One of my colleagues will then get back to you with pricing and availability
      • Jan 12
  • New
    RLND
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-02

Hi there,

I have owned a Venice 32F for over six years and have it running on a Windows 7 (32 bit) system with a Sinux FWB3414G firewire PCI-e card. It has been working like a charm since day one.

I have now put together a new PC because the old one is on its way out. It has a Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) system and I got a new fire wire PCI-e card by Star-Tech (2 Port PCI Express FireWire Card - PCIe 1394a FireWire Adapter).

I installed the drivers, the card is being recognised by Windows but when I fire up my Venice it is not recognised (I have installed the drivers for the Midas console).

I then tried my old firfewire PCI-e card (Sinux) and it does recognise the console but when I started REAPER the first time and set the sound device to the Midas console Windows popped up a blue window with an error code and restarted Windows.

I tried it a few more times also with another audio program and the PC would just restart.

1. Does anyone know what could be the issue? (Start Tech had drivers to install, Sinux had no drivers to install).

2. Can anyone recommend a firewire card they know is working with Windows 10 (ideally available in Australia)

Cheers, RLND

read more...
    0 60
    • RLND
      Nigel67 Hi RLND, I think your problem is more to do with the driver. Unfortunately Midas support for the Venice F ceased a number of years ago now and there was never a driver released for Windows 10. There are many posts on forums asking if anyone has made the Windows 7 driver work successfully with Windows 10. The only time that I have seen a person answer with a successful outcome was this one, however I have never had anyone else verify it. The post went as follows; 'Downloaded the Win 7 driver. Then right click the .exe file and switch compatibility to Win 7 so now the driver runs in Win 10, thinking its Win 7'. I hope this works for you. If not, then I can only suggest that you search on the internet to see if you can find someone else who has managed to get the driver working. Many thanks
      • May 2
    • RLND
      RLND Thanks a lot Nigel,
      • May 4
    • RLND
      RLND ... I tried your tip with the Star-Tech card and it recognises now the console, however, when I start Reaper and switch to ASIO Midas the same scenario happens - blue screen and PC restarts. Meanwhile I read on another forum that there is a difference with different chip sets on firewire cards re Win 10 - some work with Win 10 and some don't. I'll do some further research. Cheers, Roland
      • May 4
Go to page