Statistics

260,536 members
139,134 posts
  • New
    Rpj2021
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

Turned on new mixer and started downloading the firmware update, the firmware never transferred to the mixer and after a couple of reboots with the on-off switch the mixer won't come on at all. Anybody experience this or have any suggestions?

0 84
    • Rpj2021
      PedroRodrigues Dear Customer, we’re sorry for your experience. Please contact us on our Community for any technical support or after sales service.” https://community.musictribe.com/pages/support
      • Mar 31
    • Rpj2021
      KevinMaxwell I had the same problem and I found the directions in the OSG (quick start guide) and was able to bring it back to live. With it hooked up to the computers USB, I just didn’t realize that I would only see the wing drive appear on my computer and nothing on the Wing itself till I corrected my mistake.

It is working again. Thank you Music Tribe/Behringer for making a way to fix the mistake that I made.

From QSG

Note, although WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in that drive, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder. If the console does not boot up normally, you can still update the firmware using this procedure:

• With console powered off, connect a USB cable to the rear panel port and to your computer.

• Press and hold the Select button next to the Main Display, then power the console on.

• An OS and DATA drive will appear on your computer, similar to connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click a drive to open.

• Drag the new firmware file into the OS drive.

• Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in that drive.

• After the file has transferred, eject the virtual drive. The console should reboot automatically with the new firmware installed. If it doesn’t, power cycle the console manually.
      • Mar 31
  • New
    sergiu46
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-01

Hello all,

I bought a behringer wing mixing console for my local church from thomann and we recieved one with ghoust touches.

We returned and they sent another brand new one with the same problem.

We returned again for replacemend and we specified to be tested before sending and we discribed the procedure on how to be tested (install newest firmware version and start console in test mode).

We recived a "tested" console (the package was resealed with thommand branded tape so for shure they opened the package) and the same problem as before. (the ony difference was the position of the ghoust thouches)

My question is how to proceed to get a good console? Should I open a ticket here at music tribe?

Does anyone buyed a good console from thomann?

read more...
    0 211
    • sergiu46
      GaryHiggins Hello, I would definitely make out a care ticket, something seems completely out of whack with your situation. The odds of getting 3 bad mixers is beyond crazy. The only sure way is to have the screen replaced by a certified repair center (MTASC). Getting a new mixer does not mean the screen it has is ok. It could be good...or not! Get a new screen for yours!
      • May 1
    • sergiu46
      ValeriuM_Trufin The Wing I got for our church was also from Thomann and has 0 issues for now. We are from Romania and got it from Thomann in Germany this January.
      Sorry to hear of your bad luck.
      • May 2
    • sergiu46
      dynacomtech

My second WING (A replacement) also from Thomann has started exactly the same problem 6 months after receiving it. It was tested prior to being sent to me.

• Sep 19
  • JoeMansir
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

Hello You Fine Folks

Drummer here and have some questions. I’ve searched for answers and cannot find the specific answers. Thank you in advance for your much appreciated help!

• 3 piece band - guitar, bass and drums. All sing lead and harmonies. 
    • Separate IEM mixes via Aux 1, 2 and 3 > Behringer PM1's > iPads. 
    • Guitar player does front live sound for us from the stage and, overall, sounds great out front. He doesn’t have a full grasp of all the inner workings of the unit so that’s why I’m asking these questions.
    • Each of us is on our own Bus and can set our faders for all the vocals and instruments which is wonderful. Right now, whatever effects are out front is what we have in our individual mixes.

Question 1: Is the XR18 capable of separate effects per mix? I mic my entire kit and would like to add different ones to my individual drums?

Question 2: Is there a way to record just my mix either with the sd card slot on the unit or send it to my iPad through usb (Garage Band or similar)?

Question 3: Is there a separate setting for an Android tablet? I’ve tried it with the same app and can’t get my Bus to work with it? My iPad is an older Mini and would like to use my larger Samsung.

read more...
    0 49
    • JoeMansir
      Paul_Vannatto Here are the answers to your questions

1. Yes, but there are only 4 FX slots available. Each FX mix has to go to separate FX slots and the resulting wet signal can either be returned to the Main LR (or not) and or returned to desired mixbuses (what you call Aux). For example, FX slot 1 is typically used for the vocal reverb. FX 2 can be used for a snare reverb, etc.

2. The XR18 does not have an SD slot, just a USB jack that can be connected to a computer with a DAW such as Garage Band. The desired channels are assigned on the In/Out, USB Sends screen.

3. What android app are you using? I would suggest you use Mixing Station Pro, which will give you everything you want and more.
      • October 28, 2020
      • Behringer XR18 Separate Mix Questions
        JoeMansir Hi Paul. You're awesome! I'm using the Behringer (Music Tribe Brands DE GmbH) X Air app. I'll try Mixing Station Pro. Thanks so much!!!
        • October 28, 2020
  • New
    JakeWeller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi, im looking for the output delay control on the behringer with to sync audio play back with video output. if anybody would be able to help me find the control that would be lifesaving. (I have been searching the internet and the console settings all day)

read more...
    0 374
    • JakeWeller
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jake, output delays are only available on the 4 main and 8 matrix. Select the desired main or matrix, then the second screen. The output delay can be adjusted on the far right.
      • November 27, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - Output Delay Control Help
        JakeWeller i'm still have some trouble, i have selected the main i would like to adjust but I cant work out what you mean by "second Screen". I appreciate the help Paul
        • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto When you select any channel strip, you will see on the left side of the screen "Home", then 6-8 (depending on the channel strip) icons below it. Each of these are screens. Select the one just below the "Home" screen.
        • November 27, 2020
        JakeWeller Thank you so much I got there in the end.
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    Jezakit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-17

Hi just wondering what the pin lay out is for the p16m cat capel is please

0 47
    • Jezakit
      Nigel67 Hi Jezakit. The Ultranet cables are just standard stp CAT5e cables, pin to pin. The are no swapped pins. Wire them up to the T568A standard.
      • May 17
      • Setting up p16m
        Jezakit Thanks, I was just wondering cause I want to use a cat 5 switch with PoE that's all, I think I'll give it a go
        • May 17
      • Setting up p16m
        GaryHiggins Aes50 and pretty sure the Ultranet as well, will not pass through a network switch. You can use a passive injector, not a switch.
        • May 17
      • Setting up p16m
        Nigel67 Hi Jezakit, unfortunately you cannot use a switch with Ultranet. You can use the Behringer Powerplay P16-D though.
        • May 18
  • New
    OzMakka
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-24

Hi all.

First post here and fairly new to the XR18. I have been using it for an acoustic duo for the past 12 months and want to try some multitrack recording to my iPad using Cubasis 2.  I have everything working fine in regards to recording but I'm finding the tracks are a little on the quiet side. Especially when I bring the stems across to Cubase on my PC I actually have to add gain.

My question is (probably pretty dumb) is there an overall master volume for USB output, for instance like there is for Main Out, Bus 1 etc? Which sliders are controlling the output?  

Thanks guys.

read more...
    0 24
    • OzMakka
      Paul_Vannatto No, there is no output level control in the XR18. But there is no reason you can't increase the input gains a bit. I tend to run my gains a bit hotter than recommended and have no issues with the sound quality or clipping.
      • Aug 24
  • Apexpeakmusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-20

When my X32 x-usb is connected to my MAC in Logic or Garageband I cannot get the MAC's Output to go to my headset out to drive my monitors.  I can record from the X32 in the DAWs and see the levels but no ouput sound.  When I switch off the X32 the MAC willl then play the recorded channels through the output (headphones).  Called Apple and they said even though this use to work before the 10.15.6 update if was the 3rd party software's issue since it only effects the MAC when it is being used

read more...
    0 177
    • Apexpeakmusic
      KyleJohnson Hi Gary, interesting considering the only software involved is Apple software. Anyway, it sounds like it could be a routing problem. How do you have the ROUTING>INPUT page on your mixer setup? To get playback from the computer into the X32, some of the inputs must be set to CARD.
      • August 20, 2020
    • Apexpeakmusic
      Apexpeakmusic Thanks Kyle for responding. Do you think if I reset the X32 to factory defaults this would be a good troubleshooting effort?
      • August 24, 2020
      • Audio Issues with X32 and MAC Catalina 10.15.6
        KyleJohnson It can be a good place to start seeing as we don't know where the problem lies. Assuming you checked your input routing already. Before you reset your mixer make sure to back up any scene files you have to a flash drive or computer for safe keeping.
        • August 24, 2020
  • New
    kevinjianoran
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-13

Hi guys,

Was thinking about getting an x32 rack, but has anyone found the best solution to get Waves card in as well as a do a multi track recording?

Thanks

Kev

0 43
    • kevinjianoran
      RexBeckett Hi Kev, you could use a Klark Teknik DN9630 to provide a USB recording feed from one of the X32's AES50 ports. This would leave the option slot free for the Waves interface. See: https://www.klarkteknik.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BRT
      • Mar 13
      • X32 Rack Waves card + Multitrack recording
        -mjk- I've never understood why the external box can do 48 channels, while the internal expansion card is limited to 32. Same for the Dante card. It makes sense for everyone to have a DN9630 on their X32 for recording.
        • Mar 14
        Paul_Vannatto It is because the DN9630 (as well as the DP48) has access to AES50, which is 48/48 bidirectional signal protocol, whereas the internal card is a 32/32 bidirectional signal protocol. It is probably due to the initial design of the X32 and limitations of the DSP.
        • ·
        • Mar 14
        -mjk- Well, yes Paul, we can just say "because it was designed that way." The expansion card could have had 48 channels if it was designed that way. But it wasn't. I've often wished I had the extra channels on my Dante card to match the 40 input channels on the desk.

But I guess what I'm saying is, rather than using a 32 channel USB expansion card, why not just use the DN9630 for USB and have the expansion card doing something else? I'm speaking from the viewpoint of studio use _only_ of course.
        • Mar 14
  • User5000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    I have a Behringer Xenyx 2442fx And all of a sudden channel 4 is gone. Only get sound when the fx button is depressed. Please help! Thanks!
    0 90
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell Please take a picture showing the section of the mixer where channel 4 is located and include the input jacks at the top in that picture. Take it high enough resolution that we can zoom in to see the position of buttons and other controls.
      • July 13, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thank you! Let me know what else you might need
        • July 13, 2020
    • User5000
      Dale_M Are you able to just connect a mic in and get any signal in on Ch4? Are you using XLR or line in? Does it do the same on both?
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thanks! I used an xlr and 1/4" to the channel with the same results.
        • July 14, 2020
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell Well I see what your problem is, you don’t have anything hooked up to the mixer.

Actually I wanted to see what you had hooked up and where it was hooked up.

I don’t know you experience so I have to write this assuming that it isn’t very much. If you are experienced in audio please let me know that. Whatever it is you had plugged into channel 4, plug it into channel 5 instead. Now however you have all of the buttons and controls, knobs, faders set for channel 5 when it works on channel 5, set all of the controls on channel 4 to match them. Then move the input connector from 5 to 4. Does it now work? If it doesn’t move it back to 5 is it still working on channel 5?

Do you have anything that you sometimes insert in to the insert jacks on this mixer? If you do plug that into the insert on Channel 5 and make sure that it works. If it does then move the input and the insert cables over to channel 4. Does Channel 4 work now?

WHY WON’T THIS FORUM PROPERLY FORMAT WHAT I WRITE? I WROTE IT WITH PARAGRAPH SPACING IN IT AND NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT ELIMINATES IT AND RUNS IT ALL TOGETHER.
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thanks and sorry about the misunderstandIng. I do have some experience. I tried what you said. 5 works, i get nothing when moving from 5 to 4, move back to 5 and it still works. I get output on 4 from the insert but no audio from the main outs or headphones and doesn't have the built in effect on the audio either. Only get audio out of headphones from 4 with fx button depressed, nothing from main outs. With fx button up i do get very low audio with the trim and all sliders set to max. The red LED shows clipping on the channel but like nothing going to the main outputs, sliders, or through the built in effects.
        • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Actually, audio goes go to the main slider but not it's LED
        • July 14, 2020
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell I was thinking possibly a bad insert jack that isn’t going back to connected without something plugged into it. If you take a TRS connector and short T&R and plug that into the insert for ch4 it will bypass the insert.
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 I was able to bypass the insert by putting an allen wrench in it and regained more audio but channel 4 slider doesn't affect it.
        • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        KevinMaxwell I don't think that test is valid. Plug a TRS cable in it because it disconnects the existing circuit and then short together the Tip and the Ring. If you have a TRS cable to 2 RCA male jacks you can just touch the tips of the L and R RCA jacks together. Don't use that kind of cable to try and feed a stereo input into it.
        • July 15, 2020
    • User5000
      Dale_M It sounds like a genuine fault on the PCB, it would probably be advised create a support ticket and organise a repair with us.
      • July 15, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Where on the pcb and what do you think it is. I will be repairing this myself.
        • July 15, 2020
  • New
    austinluce16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all,

About to purchase an X32 for a venue.

The distance from where the X32 will be located to where the stage box will be located is near the upper limits of 300ft. 

I am wondering if I can install something like this photo below for the AES ports:

And then I would use something like this:

Kinda looking for help on if this is feasible to do for the stage box since the converter boxes are supposed to just convert 1:1 from Ethernet signal to fiber that it shouldn't change the packets but I'm not sure and didn't know if there was anyone out there who has done this sort of thing?

thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 88
    • austinluce16
      RexBeckett I'm afraid that this will not work. AES50 does not conform to Ethernet standards so cannot be passed through standard Ethernet converters. Klark Teknik offer some products that will convert or extend AES50. The DN9610 Repeater/Extender may be sufficient for your application.
      • Jan 12
    • austinluce16
      DavidKnighton Hello Austin,
      You can not use generic IP equipment with AES50. The appropriate device to transmit AES50 over fiber is a pair of Klark Teknik DN9620 or a pair of Klark Teknik DN9680.
      • Jan 12
    • austinluce16
      MtnSoundandStage

Ha, I just today tried to connect with the exact same gear shown and it didn’t work. I’m now looking for what I need. Wish I saw this before I bought.

• Jun 30
Go to page