Statistics

259,822 members
138,241 posts
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-13

Hello - this is a little off topic but I have an X32 Rack and am planning to add it into a rack case along with other equipment to use for my live performance.  Is there anyone that has experience building a rig that I may reach out to with questions? Thanks 

read more...
    0 47
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto What would you like to know?
      • Mar 13
    • Mike7300
      CraigFowler Lots of people on here probably can, but we need more information to give you good advice. A "live rig" could be only 6RU. It could be the size of an industrial washing machine.

How many inputs\outputs do you need? Does the X32 Rack have enough or do you need more IO (stagebox RU?)

Are you providing FOH and need processing\amps for that?
      Is the venue providing FOH and you need splitters+snakes?

Monitors;
      Are you using wedges, are they passive or powered, so do you need rackspace for amps?
      Are you using IEMs? Are they wired and you need a rackmount headphone amp? Are they wireless and you need space for the receivers and antenna combiners?
      Are you using a proprietary monitor system (P16\DP48)
      Rackmount draws to store beltpacks\batteries\microphones\cables\tablets for controlling the mixer?

Are you playing to backing tracks\click and need a computer to run them? Multitrack recording?

Power conditioner\UPS? Wifi router?
      • Mar 13
  • New
    hellotribe
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-05-01

Hello. I want to create my own interface to control XR18. So it's either MIDI or OSC. OSC is preferable because we will be controlling it from another computer in network. I was able to get everything working using:
    OSC/Pilot (paid)
    MIDI Translator (paid)
    OSI Stage (paid)
    RTP-Midi

But that's way too many programs at once and more than 150$ investment. Is it possible to directly connect TouchOSC or OSC/Pilot to XR18?

read more...
    0 77
    • hellotribe
      Nigel67 Hi, we do not officially support OSC overviews, but the most complete ones for X-Air, X32 and Wing are maintained by Patrick-Gilles Maillot. This is the link to his X32 page, and if you scroll about halfway down, there is a heading for X-Air devices. Hope this is helpful for you.
      https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32
      • May 2
    • hellotribe
      Paul_Vannatto What are you planning to accomplish with your own interface?
      • May 3
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-14

In recalling channel presets I'm finding I'd love to have the ability to disable recall of the input source label. I want to recall the headamp gain, but I don't want the source input to overwrite with whatever customized label was on the stored source input.

My workflow is that I'm using the source labels to document stage box inputs and connected wireless equipment.  I stored channel presets for various speakers on headset mics but when I recall them on another wireless channel it overwrites the source input name with the stored value.

ex.  Recalling John's preset originally on ew500-04 to a standard wireless channel with source input named ew500-02, overwrites with ew500-04 on the source and causes future confusion in routing because now we have two ew500-04 sources and no ew500-02 source.

Currently, I'm canceling the recall of the source when recalling the preset, but it's an extra step and others walking up to the board don't necessarily know or remember this is a problem.  Is there a combo of recall selections that get me headamp recall without source labels?

Also, not sure what people are doing with DCA's, but I'm finding it annoying that if I rename a DCAin any way, the channel membership becomes completely disassociated and other than reassigning everything manually or renaming the DCA back, there's no quick way to switch everything. 

On the other hand, it's somewhat handy you can reshuffle DCA's just by changing the name.  When I reorganized after the advent of 16 DCA's that was definitely a help since I have the DCA's recall safed.

read more...
    0 36
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Nigel67 Hi George. Many thanks for your feedback. I will pass on your comments to the design team.
      • September 15, 2020
      • Wing channel recall annoyance and DCA annoyance.
        Nigel67 With regards to the DCA, the guys have advised that when you rename a DCA, tick the 'RENAME ALL TAGS' button next to the NAME so that you do not drop the assignment. I will get back to you with more info about your other request.
        • September 15, 2020
      • Wing channel recall annoyance and DCA annoyance.
        GeorgeDougherty Thanks Nigel. I'll make sure to look out for that checkbox. I either missed it or it was added in a recent firmware update since I renamed the DCA's. Only noticed the impacts recently on recall of some older scenes.
        • September 15, 2020
  • Oliviersiabime
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Good evening i am trying to download the exact software for my x-32 but it seems i cannot get the right link,is it possible for somone to send me the correct link so i can download.

0 75
    • Oliviersiabime
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The X32 EDIT software for PC and Mac can be found at: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ASF

On the right hand side of the page under Product Library>Software

If your X32 is updated to V4 firmware, use V4.1 of Edit. If your X32 is on older firmware, use Edit 3.2

The X32 Edit software is the same for all sizes of the X32.
      • September 28, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

What would be the best way to use a click track with the X32 rack? I hear it's helpful to have a click track but never used before so starting from scratch here.  Thanks 

0 206
    • Mike7300
      DaveMorrison If you want the click in your IEMs, then simply un-assign the channel with the click from the LR bus. Then you can add it to the monitors and not have it in the mains.
      • October 11, 2020
    • Mike7300
      DavidKnighton Hello Mike Reinstein,
      The first thing you'll need to do is get a digital metronome or find a compatible DAW with a built in metronome function. Most scenarios I see, artists will usually using some form of backing tracks and click track in conjunction, but they will keep them separated because you'll want to leave the click out of the Main LR as Dave Morrison suggested. I know Logic Pro X has a metronome feature, and Pro Tools as well. Most of the popular DAWs will have them, but it's just a matter of checking before you buy. If you prefer the digital metronome option, you'll just plug it in to the mixer like any other instrument.
      • October 13, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Great thanks guys!
      • October 13, 2020
  • New
    journy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-03

Hello,

yesterday I powered up my XR18 and nothing worked:

• No sound (tested Master, Phones and AUX)
    • No Ethernet
    • No WIFI
    • No USB

Only Power LED and network traffic LED are working - everything else is dead.

I tried to play with the reset button next to the REMOTE Ethernet jack (presset 2 seconds for WIFI reset; 10 seconds for factory reset). But nothing helped. I opened a ticket but no answer so far.

Has anybody experienced some issues? Or perhaps a solution to revive the mixer again?

Thanks in advance!

Journy

read more...
    0 55
    • journy
      Dale_M if the unit is still in this state we would suggest you go to the support tab above and raise a Technical ticket so we can assist you.
      • Jun 3
  • New
    linoalmuenda101
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27
    I had an insident where a channel automatically mutes itself after certain hours. Can someone enlighten me of the cause? Thanks
    0 196
    • linoalmuenda101
      Paul_Vannatto Did the channel or input mute? If it was the input that muted, there is a possibility of a drop-out of the AES50 connection. The Wing automatically mutes temporarily when phantom is turned on or off.
      • November 27, 2020
      • Behringer Wing auto mute issue
        linoalmuenda101 The channel thats muting is a local input. But we have an AES50 connection.
        • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Which mute did it enable - channel or input?
        • November 27, 2020
        linoalmuenda101 Channel mute
        • November 27, 2020
    • linoalmuenda101
      GaryHiggins I would also suggest running the Ghost touch screen test as there were some reports I recall of similar issues reported caused by the faulty screen. It's easy to do with the new firmware. The results should be zero touches detected. Mine threw off over 500 in an hr and I had to replace the screen. With mixer powered off, hold down the home and meters buttons and turn on. Let it run for an hr...again zero touches is the goal.
      • November 27, 2020
        linoalmuenda101 How do I do that Gary?
        • November 27, 2020
        linoalmuenda101 Found how to do it. Mine has 35 touches in 4 minutes. What should I do now?
        • November 27, 2020
        GaryHiggins Request a service ticket via support up top here, you have a faulty screen.
        • November 28, 2020
    • linoalmuenda101
      linoalmuenda101
      • November 28, 2020
        GaryHiggins Yup, she's a goner! Mine was about the same, it's a bit of a pain to do, go through and the shipping and wait (mine gone about 3 weeks) BUT it works perfectly now! I guess one might say, all's well that ends well.
        • November 28, 2020
        linoalmuenda101 Can we disable the touch screen?
        • December 7, 2020
  • New
    ClarkCannon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-11

In apast version of an the X-AIR app i was able to click a channel and drag it to a different spot on the mixer, i.e. i want channel 15 to be channel 3.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that on the nevew version of the app. Is this still a feature available on the app? 

Current gear:

X-AIR XR16 

X-AIR app ver. 1.6.5

iPad (7th gen)

read more...
    0 154
    • ClarkCannon
      Paul_Vannatto Use Mixing Station instead. It can customise all layers and layouts.
      • Feb 11
    • ClarkCannon
      ThomasWilliams You can move faders around in the User 1 view in Xair Edit. (User 2 view has a bug, last I checked, so don't go there yet.)
      • Feb 13
    • ClarkCannon
      UlfBoettcher Clark, when in the main mixer view, you can click on “all layers” to take you to “Setup->Layout. There, you can add and edit layers. Once in editing mode, you can press and drag channels by press and hold the remove button and drag. I hope it will work for you.
      • Feb 13
  • New
    RoeldeJonge
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-01

My XR16 has problems detecting most inserted sticks during startup. (the player wont show up) I have to remove/insert it after XR16 is powered on.

I tried USB2.0 and USB3.0 type and so far there is only ONE of my sticks (Verbatim 32Gb) that is detected right away.

Is this a known issue, what is the solution?

read more...
    0 68
    • RoeldeJonge
      Paul_Vannatto The USB stick needs to be USB 2.0 and formatted as FAT32 (not Mac Fat32).
      • Mar 1
    • RoeldeJonge
      RoeldeJonge I know that Paul. I took only USB2.0 sticks and formatted FAT32 on PC .....
      • Mar 2
  • New
    AndyLanham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

x32 mixer, p16 monitor mixer, want effects to in ear at p16. Looking for info.

0 46
    • AndyLanham
      Nigel67 Hi Andy. For the Ultranet Sends, you can pick the tap off points of the signal whether it be from the input Direct Outputs or Mix Bus Outputs (plus a few more outputs). As standard the tap point is pre eq, but you can change this to post fader or pre fader. It does also depend on where you have placed the insert point in your signal chain. If you look at the block diagram in the operators manual (P52 of 64 - https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0B3I/M32_M_EN.pdf) it shows the signal tap points and also the two positions that the Insert point can be placed in the signal chain.
      • Jun 19
    • AndyLanham
      Nigel67
      • Jun 19
    • AndyLanham
      GaryHiggins Adding fx return ch's as actual p16 ch's (like p16 ch 1 and 2 set as direct out fx 1L and 1R or similar ch assignment) should do it. You have to eat up p16 ch's though. Using Main L/R added to taste (as P16 ch's) also can be used. If mix buses are set as specific p16 ch's, making sure the fx return faders are up in those mixes with the proper tap points should also include the fx.
      • Jun 20
Go to page