Statistics

261,132 members
139,812 posts
  • New
    paultong0101
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

I bought an X32 rack last month. Updated the firmware to v4 and installed the Edit software. All good. But whenever I playback from either my iMac or Macbook Pro (both running Pro Tools and iTunes on Mojave) I get intermittent crackling and pops via the monitors (and visible on the x32's metering) similar to sample rate mismatch.

I bought a UPS to eliminate any potential bad power causes, but the issue is still there. The cracks and pops hit close to digital zero, regardless of playback level. 

I have set the Aux to 'Card 1-2' in the routing to facilitate playback via USB.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying to diagnose this for over a month and am at the point of just returning it for a refund!

read more...
    0 287
    • paultong0101
      Paul_Vannatto Is the clock rate (44.1K or 48K) on the X32 Rack identical to what is set in ProTools? The clock rate is set in Setup, Mixer, Sample Rate (in X32-Edit).
      • Mar 31
      • Behringer X32 Rack making cracking and popping noise when connected to Pro Tools or iTunes.
        paultong0101 Yeah, they're both both set to 44.1Khz!
        • Mar 31
    • paultong0101
      Paul_Vannatto Do you have the USB plugged into a USB 2.0 (black)? The X32 USB port is 2.0 and does not work well with the newer 3.0 (blue) ports. Also try adjusting the buffers (increasing) and replacing the USB cable (yes they can go bad).
      • Mar 31
    • paultong0101
      StephenEvans What's your buffer size set to?
      • Apr 1
    • paultong0101
      sbroersen

I have the same problem. I have a X-32 with the latest firmware 4.06. When I play back from my iMac with Logic pro over the USB 2.0 X-32 connection routed over aux to Card 1-2, I get a lot of noise after playing back for 5 minutes. The noise is getting worse over time, starting with little distorsion. Switching my X-32 sample rate to 44.1K had no effect. What can I do? This problem is mentioned form 2018 on, so there must be a solution by now.
      • May 2
  • New
    dave7005
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-24

Greetings!   I am new here.  I run an X-32 mixer for a medium sized church.  We also run a screen system with ProPresenter.  

Last Sunday everything was working fine through sound check, then suddenly, I could not get any selection buttons to light and the faders were not doing anything.  Yet there was still sound going through, the last setting in sound check.  Now comes the wacky part.  I loaded my X32 remote IPad app.  As I moved the faders on the app, they worked on the console as well...  only it was now controlling the sound.  Yet if I went back to the channel on the console and move the slider, no effect.  I had to run the entire service from the ipad, but sitting behind the console.  I am so confused.  I sure hope that some of you guys might have some idea of what is happening here.

Much appreciated!

Dave

read more...
    0 23
    • dave7005
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dave, did someone inadvertently lock the console when you weren't looking? After the service was finished did you shut down, then restart the console to see if the physical surface resumed normal operations?
      • Aug 24
  • Tone13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to USB Audio devices. I come from broadcast TV background (not sound) and am setting up a live stream using an XR18 going into a PC via USB.

Ideally, if possible, I would like to have 6-10 of the XR18 inputs via the XLR's and be able to mix these to send the mix to the PC running vMix. At the same time, I would like to send the XR18 6 USB sources from the PC to send to the AUX outputs. If I try to do this, when selecting the option to use USB returns, the mixing function of the XLR input channels gets disabled and I can only control the USB's. I understand that this may be a linitation of USB Audio devices but is it possible to have track 1-8's faders controlling XLR inputs 1-8 and then tracks 12-18 Faders controlling the USB return channels 1-18? 

If not, can I maintain mix functions of tracks 1-8 and lose control of the USB returns, just routing their audio to the AUX's whithout fader/mixing functions?

Cheers

read more...
    1 110
    • Tone13
      RexBeckett Hi Anthony, you can set each channel's source separately so some can be from the XLR inputs and some from USB Returns. Using X-Air Edit, this can be done on each channel's Input tab. Using the drop-down boxes, you can also choose which Analogue Input or USB Return feeds the channel. They do not have to be the same as the channel number. These settings are saved in both Scenes and Snapshots.
      • October 12, 2020
    • Tone13
      Tone13 Thanks Rex, of course! Bit of a facepalm moment on my part there. I was pressing on the USB return preset which basically disabled my ability to interact with the XLR inputs on the mixer. Yep, selecting each individually like what you have shown, is what I should be doing. Thanks again!
      • October 13, 2020
  • New
    JustThisJoe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

I cannot find an "always visible" indicator on the channel strip of the X-Air software for PCs (or any of the mobile apps) that clearly identifies which channels are enabled/routed to the main bus?  I can't imagine that there isn't one... am I missing something?

read more...
    0 30
    • JustThisJoe
      KyleJohnson Hi Joseph, Kyle here with Music Tribe. That is visible by selecting the channel in question, then open the Channel or Main LR tab at the top of the screen. The LR button will either be lit up Orange or grayed out.
      • December 28, 2020
  • New
    Goodmood
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-11

Hi all!

Does anybody recognize this problem?
    When I start up my X18 and X Air app, all the faders max out input on the meters, but there is no sound coming out or sent to the USB outputs into Logic.
    The same happens with the Mixing Station app.
    No matter how many times I load scenes/shows, this is what I get.
    And maybe 1 in 50 times it does work.
    I've tried the hard ten second resets, no difference...

Any help would be most welcome, getting pretty frustrated here...

TIA!
    Michiel.

read more...
    0 59
    • Goodmood
      Paul_Vannatto You probably have a routing issue. I would suggest you export one of your scenes (using X-Air Edit for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi - not the iPad app) to a file, save to the cloud, then provide a link in your next post. That way we can have a look at your setup and better advise.
      • Feb 11
    • Goodmood
      Paul_Vannatto Everything looks good - no routing issues, no DCA's, no FX inserts going nowhere. All I can suggest is change the USB cable (yes they do go bad).
      • Feb 11
      • X Air and X18 problem with meters/faders/sync
        Goodmood Hi Paul, it doesn’t matter if the USB cable is even plugged in, it happens anyway...
        • Feb 11
        Goodmood I use both X Air amd Mixing Station on my iPad, and it shows the maxed out meters with both, with no sound coming out.
        • Feb 11
        Paul_Vannatto Sorry I was looking at why nothing was going out the USB to the computer. The maxing out typically is the result of an internal feedback loop, usually caused by an FX feeding itself. But you don't have that (I checked). I would say you have a hardware issue and would recommend you submit a ticket by pressing on the Support (above).
        • Feb 11
        Goodmood Hi Paul, Yeah, I think so too, and I will do that. Thanks for your help!!
        • Feb 12
  • New
    TobyRennie
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-05-17

I use my Midas DP 48 on the jobs with my Behringer X32, but we use the Behringer XR18 at our rehearsal site. Has anyone found a way to use the DP48 with the XR18?

Thanks,

0 97
    • TobyRennie
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately the DP48 cannot be used with the XR18, since it requires the AES50 (which the XR18 does not have).
      • May 17
    • TobyRennie
      TobyRennie Thanks, I had seen in one of the videos that the DP48 could be used as a P16-M, and I didn’t know if there was a work around in the routing.......l..
      • May 17
  • New
    StAndrew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

I am setting up our X32 for an online/livestream scene. I wish to engineer two ceiling microphones to collect group discussion during a class. How do I set up channels 12 & 13 to be strictly sent to my Aux Outs 5 & 6 and not to the room speakers?

read more...
    0 13
    • StAndrew
      Paul_Vannatto There are 2 parts to the answer to your question. First, if you don't want channels sent to the Main LR (room speakers), disable the LR on each channel's Main screen.

The second part is determined by what is assigned to the Aux Outs 5 & 6 (in Routing, Aux Out screen). Factory default has buses 5 & 6 assigned to these outputs. If that is the case, channels 12 & 13 need to be sent to buses 5 & 6, either on the channel's sends screen or by using the Sends on Faders feature of the X32.
      • Sep 13
      • setting up a couple of microphone channels on a Behringer X32
        StAndrew Thank you, Paul!
        • Sep 13
      • setting up a couple of microphone channels on a Behringer X32
        StAndrew That worked well, and I was able to apply the same bus treatment on another channel in the scene!
        • Sep 13
    • StAndrew
      StAndrew

I have a follow-up to my routing challenge. I am now noticing that my only volume control to the ceiling mics is through my bus 5 & 6 sliders. Unfortunately, this also affects the volume send to anything in the room main speakers. How can I have control over only my Aux out 5/6 for the two ceiling microphone channels?

• Sep 22
  • SamEllis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-21
    Hi, my S16 is not getting any power. Im using a Furman M-8D to power all my stage equipment, which all is still working fine, but the snake has no power. What can I do to diagnose further or potentially fix, before I go and buy a new snake?
    0 160
    • SamEllis
      GaryHiggins First step, try another power cable
      • June 21, 2020
    • SamEllis
      john0121 Hi Sam, sorry to hear the problem with your S16, if you have tried another power cable and checked the fuse but still can't get power then please submit a Care Ticket using the "Support" button at the top of the page. Our team will be able to advise the best way to have this serviced. Look forward to hearing from you.
      • June 21, 2020
  • New
    youngchoi425
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

Why is it so difficult  to get in touch with the music tribe? I already request the part for X32 compact two weeks ago, but no reply! 

I wish I can call music tribe and speak to in person, but seems like can't find their number anywhere! Is this company even exists?  

read more...
    0 32
    • youngchoi425
      KyleJohnson Hi Young, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please send me a private message with your case number so that I can look into this for you.
      • December 28, 2020
      • No Reply ?
        youngchoi425 Hi ~ Kyle I sent you a private message about 7hours ago, yet no answer. CAS-404207-W8Q0R7 please call or email me back with working email address .
        • December 28, 2020
  • New
    Francois43912
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2021-11-28

It's been almost 2 years since the announcement. Is there a progress update at least, not an ambiguous "soon".

0 9
Go to page