Statistics

285,160 members
167,082 posts
  • New
    JoshuaUweye
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-10

Hi, Is it possible to use 2 S32 Stage Boxes with the WING Console at the same time? I'm trying to achieve 64 and above channels for use for my choir, If that's possible, what is the process and if not, how do I achieve more than 48 channels on the WING?

read more...
    1 50
    • JoshuaUweye
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Joshua, yes you can use 2 S32 with the Wing. The Wing has 48 channel strips. Each channel strip can be configured as mono (one input), stereo (2 stereo paired inputs) or mid-side (2 inputs setup in a mid-side configuration). That means that if you have 32 mono inputs and 16 stereo inputs, the Wing can mix them.
      • April 10, 2021
    • JoshuaUweye
      GaryHiggins Wing-Dante expansion card coming soon (can buy now), 64x64 ch, Dante controller to rout, DVS for DAW recording. The Wing being all about sources can direct it all, still can only mix 48 at a time at the surface but the hardware routing should still function device to device within Dante network. You can record 64 ch’s at your DAW. Would take some setup and experimentation for sure, could be interesting. A thought anyway.
      • April 10, 2021
    • JoshuaUweye
      GeorgeDougherty Yes, you could use 2 S32's. You'll need to use two snake lines and put them on separate AES50 links. AES50 is only 48 channels bidirectional.

If you really need to mix 64 channels, the Wing is not going to fit the bill. You can maybe make up some channels by using stereo channels on piano, keys, possibly OH's but a full acoustic setup with 64 channels for a choir it's a bit much to ask of a 40 channel console. Yes, it can mix 48, but 8 of those are really your aux input type channels without dynamics processing.

A submixer with the Wing or a Midas Pro 2 or better is the only thing in the Musictribe family. Otherwise you're looking at another manufacturer like an A&H DLive, Yamaha QL5, CL3 or CL5, SSL Live console or a Digico to name a few.
      • April 11, 2021
    • JoshuaUweye
      StephenEvans If lots of the choir mics are the same type and micing similar ish level/tone then you can possibly pair them up into stereo channels, and use the width control to choose whether to keep them stereo or mix to mono. This way you would still have a max of 48 channels, but your choir mics would be two mics per channel. This may work out quite well in terms of having fewer faders and channels to set up for your choir mics, or it might be a pain if you want to process them all differently.
      • April 12, 2021
    • JoshuaUweye
      JoshuaUweye

Thanks so much for the responses, now I know better. These responses will guide my next line of action

• April 12, 2021
  • New
    MarkG21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-14

Hello

I've spent about 4 hours trying to add a reverb to a vocal mic on the x32 Producer.
    Surely it can't be this difficult????

I come from a analog mixer background.

First day using the x32.
    I've searched all over youtube. I've read the manual and the wiki explaining how.

I just don't get it.

The manual for the producer is refering to things on the big x32.

Such as faders for FX1L and FX1R there are no faders like that on the producer that I can see.
    I'm assuming that the first two faders though when you press the effects returns button are those?

I just want to be able to add a simple effect and have a way of switching that effect on and off with a simple button.
    Please can someone help.

I was hoping there was a video training course that maybe Behringer has created but I can't find anything really.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Apologies for being a total newbie!

Kind Regards

Mark Gorman

read more...
    0 206
    • MarkG21
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, the Producer does have the effects return channels, just like the other X32 models. Since the Producer only has 8 channel strips on the left side, the effects returns (FX1L, FX2L, etc.) are located on the 6th layer (button on far left called Effects Returns). Granted the scribble strips may not name these channel strips FX1L, etc. if someone has changed the scribble strip names.

Here is how to setup channels to feed a reverb FX.
      1. Select the Effects button on the side of the display.
      2. Select the first slot and make sure the inputs are bus 13 (for both)
      3. Select a reverb effect (eg. Plate Reverb)
      4. Using the right group of faders, select bus 13
      5. Raise the bus 13 master fader up and make sure it is unmuted
      6. Press the SOF button, located between the left and right group of faders. This makes the left group of faders the sends to bus 13.
      7. Raise the faders of the desired channels (eg. vocals).
      8. Unselect the SOF button. This will put the left group of faders back to controlling faders for Main LR
      9. Select the Effects Return layer (6) on left side.
      10. Raise the first 2 faders (FX1L, FX1R) and make sure it is unmuted. This will send the resulting reverb (wet signal) to the Main LR.

When you want to mute/unmute that FX to Main LR, mute/unmute either the bus 13 (sends to FX1 slot) or the FX return pair (FX1L, FX1R) which should be stereo linked.
      • June 14, 2021
    • MarkG21
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Mark, I just realised that the Producer is the only X32 model without scribble strips. One of the local churches here has one of these. Any time they call me to help them out of a mess up, I always bring my tablet with Mixing Station to set things up, rather than trying to use the physical surface. Why they made that model without scribble strips is beyond me.
      • June 14, 2021
  • New
    Jydeda01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-30

I just aquired one of these devices and running through set up procedures following some You Tube videos

Although it connects to its own built in Wifi on my PC, I cant get it to connect via WLAN which is what I really need it to do.

The Button is centered on Wifi Client
    I have entered the SSID and password under settings and selected WPA2 and DHCP.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

read more...
    0 82
    • Jydeda01
      Dale_M Hi there assuming you have followed this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IfULV5V6E

If you are still having issues we would advise going to the support tab above and raising a Technical ticket.
      • July 1, 2021
    • Jydeda01
      Jydeda01

Thanks for that. I have followed the general steps but maybe not in the correct order. I will run through it again following the tips and cross check what I am doing wrong.

• July 1, 2021
  • New
    cammyjams
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

Hi guys, I'm using the X32 Editor on my PC. I have initialized the console in order to start a new scene template: setup/initialaize/mixer/ok.

Channels 23-24 are missing. I've closed the editor, restarted, re initialized and they are still not there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    Ajak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-26

I filled in all the fields but my tech support ticket won't go through.

0 12
  • New
    AlanC76720
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-15

I have an iPad first generation which I had hoped to use exclusively for the Flow app.

it's been totally reset and the last version of iOS installed (9.3.5)

I have tried dozens of times to connect to the Flow, following the "official" procedure (which worked for my iPhone) but no way will it connect !!

has anyone else had this problem and if so, did you find a solution (other than buying a new pad ?)

ive opened up a "ticket" with the technical support too but any thoughts would be welcome. 
    thanks !

read more...
    0 10
    • AlanC76720
      PedroRodrigues Hi AlanC76720,thank you for your post, the OSX 9.3.5 was released in 2016 and to interface with Flow 8 I would suggest using an IPAD running a more recent OSX version such as version 10.3.4. Thank you
      • Feb 16
  • pianopop9
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-27

Hi guys - been using the X32 with the S16 for years but never had to use the outputs on the S16 until recently.  No matter what I try I cannot get the channels I want (Main L & R) routed to the S16 outputs.  I have 8 bus's being used for IEM so I even tried moving the last one of those over to the S16 so that I can utilize the factory L & R outputs of the X32 but that won't work either.  

I saw in one tutorial that there is an "XLR" tab in routing where you can assign the XLR outputs but mine only shows XLR outs 1-8 even though I have 8 more on my S16.  The unit is connected and working perfectly for inputs already.  

Please help as I am getting desperate now with shows coming up.  T/hanks so much!

read more...
    0 1,069
    • pianopop9
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Brian, you assign the outputs to the S16 on the Routing, AES50 screen, in banks of 8. Typically you would use the Routing, Out 1-16 screen to stage (put together) those banks of 8. So first assign the desired buses and Main L and R to the 16 individual outputs (post fader) on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen. Then assign Out 1-8 to the first bank of the appropriate AES50 (A or B depending on which one you have connected the AES50 cable to on the back of the X32) and Out 9-16 to the second bank.
      • August 27, 2020
      • Can't route X32 to S16 Outputs
        pianopop9 that was how I had it by default but it was not giving me independent control. I have all of my vocals going to Fx1 which is a simple vintage reverb. But when I adjust it in my main mixer screen it is affecting how much it is getting in the return on Bus 1-6. Sounds like I'm still doing something wrong.
        • August 28, 2020
    • pianopop9
      pianopop9 Hi Paul - I appreciate the quick response. I believe I have already done this with no results. I am testing by plugging a single mic into the X32 and using the master fader to mute while listening to what should be my main L & R out and the audio is unaffected by the fader. Here are screen shots of how I set it up I believe according to your instructions...
      • August 27, 2020
    • pianopop9
      pianopop9 screen shots
      https://ibb.co/zJnvtB0
      https://ibb.co/rdBcvYp
      https://ibb.co/8jVVvML
      https://ibb.co/fn4fJND
      • August 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Are you using AES50 A or B port? If it is A port, screenshot #2 second bank is incorrect. You have assigned AES50 A9-16 (inputs) to AES50 A9-16 (outputs). It should be Out 9-16. If you are using the AES50 B port, then Gary's suggestion is something to look into (S16 mode 1).
        • August 27, 2020
        pianopop9 I'm using port A. I believe I took that pic when I was trying B just to see if it made a difference. When I had it on Out 9-16 it did not work. I will try Gary's suggestion now. thanks!
        • August 27, 2020
  • New
    coffeyville123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-07

Is there training available in how to operate the sound board X32

0 64
    • coffeyville123
      RexBeckett Hi Lisa, if you Google X32 Training you will find that there are several training courses available. There are also many YouTube videos covering various aspects of X32 operations. The training by Drew Brashler (dBB Audio) has helped a lot of people.
      • December 7, 2020
  • New
    pve
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-09

First - I love integrated limiter in monitor bus. But if the limiter starts limiting the output, as all limiters, it distorts the sound. It's good to know if it happens.

Please, add gain reduction indicator  to the monitor screen. Let's we can see when integrated limiter is engaged. Thanks.

It's all from my side (for today) :-).

read more...
    0 49
    • pve
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You can contact us directly by clicking on the Support link at the top of the page and selecting Technical support. That said, I will pass along your reports to our innovation team.
      • March 9, 2021
    • pve
      pve Thanks a lot - it's in 1.11
      • April 16, 2021
  • New
    scottcharlesprater
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-26

Hey guys!

I help run a Behringer X32 for our church on Sundays, and I'm finding it extremely difficult to find any good resources on what all the settings do for the new 4.0 and up firmware interface.

Are there any good resources I could look up, or perhaps even a manual that has explainations of all the settings in it? I'm specifically trying to find out what all the different "reset" options do (console/show/library/factory reset).

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

read more...
    0 114
Go to page