Statistics

285,163 members
167,086 posts
  • New
    Mtlrw
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

Hello, I just joined the forum and wanted to get some help with my X32 mixer. Im the sound tech for my church and I've been using X32 for about a year with amps and passive speakers for wedges and mains. Im now trying to use powered speakers for stage monitors and having trouble with routing. I have powered monitors hooked to SD 8 stage box. When I plug mic into stage box I can hear thru monitors, but I cant hear my mics that are plugged into the back of the X32 thru the powered monitors. Any suggestions? Also, Im still using an amp with my mains.

read more...
    0 25
    • Mtlrw
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. What do you have assigned to the Routing, Input banks? The quickest and easiest way to troubleshoot your problem (since it can be due to a number of things) is to export your scene (using either the console's Utility button, or using X32-Edit) to a file, upload it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and respond with a post with a shareable link. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • September 24, 2021
  • New
    JohnTipton
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-09

I want to route the main mix out through an aux.  But I want to be able to control the master volume of the aux jack with the master aux slider on the app.  basically duplicate the main mix going to l/r and send it to a bus... 

0 54
    • JohnTipton
      GaryHiggins First link 2 buses, eg bus 1 and bus 2 (the main mix is stereo, aux ch's are mono) Use In/out routing, select aux out, use main l as the source for one bus, post fader and main r as the source for the other bus, post fader.
      • November 8, 2020
      • X air 18 - How to route Main Mix through an aux??
        JohnTipton Hi Gary, thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I've tried it this way, but then the aux outs are slaves to the master output slider on the L/R channel.
        • November 9, 2020
        JohnTipton I would like to have master control over the volume coming out of the aux jacks independently of the volume of the main L/R
        • November 9, 2020
        GaryHiggins Then try pre fader sends of main l and main r. Should work.
        • November 9, 2020
  • New
    joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-22

I already found out that the WebSocket is accessible on port 2222. However, I am missing the remaining specifications.

Is there any documentation for the WebSocket interface?

0 106
    • joluk
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Lukas, you can get all the documentation here
      https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/wing
      • December 22, 2020
      • WING Websocket documentation
        joluk Thanks for your quick reply.
        Unfortunately, only the OSC interface is documented there.

I conclude that there is currently no documentation of the websocket. Is that correct?
        • December 23, 2020
      • WING Websocket documentation
        Paul_Vannatto The websocket was added to the latest firmware (1.10) and at the very end of the beta testing (just before the official release). It was meant to enhance the performance and stability of the TCP communications on port 2222. The actual communication protocol (Wing native/binary data interface) is documented in the first document on that website, starting on page 66. This is separate from the OSC protocol that uses UDP on port 2223.
        • December 23, 2020
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-14

We're new to X32. It seems like we have to turn the mic gains all the way up as far as they will go in order to get a somewhat usable signal to the input strips. The meters on the input strips barely budge past -24db. Is this normal for Berhringer? We're replacing an aging Yamaha board where the gains were rarely set above 40%.

read more...
    0 13
    • DanielThompson
      DavidThomson1 what sort of mics? Radio or wired? do they require phantom power perhaps? are you using proper balanced cable between the mic and the desk? my SM58s I need to drive harder than most other mics I own (Senheissers), but never more than about 35db of gain
      • October 14, 2021
      • X32 gain settings
        DanielThompson Thanks David - We started with three phantom powered wired mics, 2 AKG P220s, and 1 AKG GN30E. +48 is turned on for those channels otherwise we'd get nothing. We just want to get those working before we moved on to dynamic mics and DIs. The balanced cabling was run professionally, XLR on either end. Again, this hasn't been a problem with the Yamaha board this is replacing.
        • October 14, 2021
  • New
    Hirsute
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-11-22

I have been trying to purchase a wing console - My supplier says they are on order with no indication of when they might be available...  This has been going on for a month!

Is there a problem with Wing consoles?

0 20
    • Hirsute
      Paul_Vannatto Have you not heard of the global chip shortage that is affecting all electronic (and automotive) products? Add to that, there is a major global supply chain problem that is seriously restricting the flow of product. From what I've been told, it is only going to get worse before it gets better.
      • November 22, 2021
    • Hirsute
      DavidThomson1 Only a month?? im going on 3 months now. Got to admit that Behringer seem to be very quiet on what the actual delay is with the supply of them. Ive spoken to my supplier Thomann and they have also said its impossible to get an answer from Behringer and no proposed delivery dates to them are being indicated either. I see random posts on Facebook from people over the world who are saying "my new wing arrived today" etc, so im guessing supplies are actually going out from Behringer to some stores, but an actual update on the delay and what is likely to be lead times would be a good start. Im starting to get itchy feet as my X32 is sold, and the guy who bought it is desperate for it. If I hadn't already invested in stage boxes etc then I would be probably starting to look at other Manufacturers desks - that may still happen if I find a buyer for the stage boxes.
      • November 25, 2021
  • Soundenterprise
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-10
    Need help with AES50 routing on WING.  Can it be used in as a Broadcast/Recording mixer for 2 different rooms. It would also be the Source for ALL wireless in the facility.  Here's what I am trying to accomplish. Scenario - Church. Main Sanctuary FOHM32R with DL16. 11 total inputs between Local, DL16, and Wireless from WING. Broadcast/Control RoomWING with DL16. All church wireless (14 channels will be housed in rack). DL16 will take all wireless mics and connect to Sanc M32R and Fellowship X32 to supply wireless inputs over AES50. Wing will take ALL channels from Sanc for Sanc stream mix. Wing will take ALL channels from Fellowship for Fellowship Hall stream mix. Wing will pass Sanc Inputs through to Fellowship Hall for overflow.  Fellowship Hall. X32 with DL32. 24 total inputs between Local, DL32, and Wireless from WING. Is this possible with the WING?
    read more...
    0 61
    • Soundenterprise
      GaryHiggins Well...there is a lot there to digest BUT it appears to be but 3 mixers to connect to the Wing. It has 3 aes50 ports so why not. I roughly counted 49 inputs so it may be something has to give as the wing has 48 ch's. It would be easier to figure if you stated your set up a bit clearer...several periods seemed to have not showed up in the text (I think) :-) I think it could work off the top of my head!
      • July 10, 2020
      • WING AES50 with multiple other consoles
        Soundenterprise Yeah I typed it on gmail then pasted it at it lost all formatting.
        • ·
        • July 10, 2020
    • Soundenterprise
      Soundenterprise My 2 main concerns are : 1 If it will pass the channels from the 1st mixer through to the third. And will it allow both other mixers to pull the wireless mics from its stagebox
      • July 10, 2020
    • Soundenterprise
      Paul_Vannatto Yes it has that capabilities John. It is just a matter of redirecting specific AES50 inputs to the respective outputs in order to pass the signal along. The one advantage of the Wing is the ability to do that individually and not have the "bank of 8" limitations (like on the X32/M32).
      • July 10, 2020
    • Soundenterprise
      Soundenterprise Perfect! Thanks Guys
      • July 10, 2020
  • JosephDunegan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

I have been experiencing a terrible crackling noise during video playback.  When I connect my Line 6 Helix to the mixer, I sounds wonderful with no issues.  I am enrolled in an IT school and I have to watch a lot of videos.  It just started yesterday and has continued today.  But it doesn't matter what website I play a video from.  I still have the same issue.   I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it but it didn't help.

read more...
    0 66
    • JosephDunegan
      Paul_Vannatto Change the clock rate in the X18 (Setup, Audio/Midi screen) to 48K
      • October 7, 2020
      • Behringer X Air 18 Crackling during video playback
        JosephDunegan Had it on 48K and changed to 41K but it still did it. I removed the driver and reloaded and that seems to have solved the issue. Running good for now. It's done it in the past but not this bad. Thanks!
        • October 7, 2020
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-10

I have 3 wireless monitor units plugged into the X32 Rack ours 1-6.  All three are using stereo so 2 channels each.  And I'm using Mix Buses 1-6 for those.  So far so good.  But now I have a 4th wireless monitor unit and no more XLR outs so I'm going to Aux outs 1 and 2.  How do I assign Mix Buses 7 and 8 to those outs? Thanks 

read more...
    0 38
    • Mike7300
      RexBeckett Hi Mike, you do that on the Routing -> Aux Out tab. See the attached screenshot from X32-Edit. You can also configure it directly on the console if required.
      • April 10, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 I see it. Do I want it post fader or a different option?
      • April 10, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Do I need to scan for frequencies everytime I do a show somewhere new? If so is it the same process as I did when setting up the transmitter at my rehearsal space - so scanning then selecting a bank and channel to use? As an FYI only doing local shows 2 hours or less from rehearsal space if that makes a difference.
      • April 11, 2021
      • Setting Monitor Mix Bus on X32 Rack
        RexBeckett I think it does make sense to check that your wireless devices are free from interference during setup. It is much harder to fix problems after the show has started. This applies to all venues as new equipment could have been installed nearby since your last visit.

If your wireless gear includes good functions for locating clear bands and channels then I recommend using them for each get-in.
        • April 12, 2021
  • jgalvear
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-10

We've got an X-32, and use it in church services. We have been having problems with the X-USB not showing up in OSB for our livestream, and when this happens, the only fix seems to be a restart of the entire sound system. Once restarted, it seems to fix the problem throughout the duration of the broadcast. 

is our X-USB components on the X-32 updateable or replaceable? Any help would be appreciated!

read more...
    0 53
    • jgalvear
      Paul_Vannatto Yes the X-USB is a card in the back of the X32 and can be replaced with either another X-USB or the newer X-Live card. But before you do that, change the USB cable. Many times it is the cable (yes they do go bad).
      • September 9, 2020
      • Issues with X-USB on our X-32
        jgalvear Thanks for the tip! I’ll order one and give that a try.
        • September 9, 2020
    • jgalvear
      DavidKnighton Hello jgalvear,
      Any chance you're using a USB extender/booster in line with your connection? Lately I've been seeing a few users attempt to extend their USB devices, however it is not a very viable solution. USB is generally only good for about 15 feet in most scenarios.
      • September 9, 2020
        jgalvear We do have an extender, but it is for other peripherals, and not in line with the X-32 at all.
        • September 12, 2020
    • jgalvear
      PerHeldal I wrote to length about this on the old forum, but don't remember the details anymore.
      • September 12, 2020
    • jgalvear
      PerHeldal This used to be a problem on some ancient firmware and there was even an update for x-USB firmware published in the form of a windows or mac executable that had to run on a computer attached to the card.
      • September 12, 2020
        jgalvear I purchased an X-Live card, and am awaiting its arrival. The X-32 is a 2015 model. Would this still be a problem with this setup?
        • September 12, 2020
        PerHeldal I haven't seen new versions of firmware published for X-Live yet, but you should always try to stay up2date with the most recent "good" version of firmware for both console and peripherals. That would normally be the version with the most known bugs fixed. Only thing to keep in mind is; don't upgrade anything just before important events when you have a known stable working configuration going.
        • September 23, 2020
  • New
    jyarbro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-07

My main mix slider potentiometer was crushed.  What is the brand/part to replace?  Part#15430103 on side of component.

thanks!

0 45
    • jyarbro
      KyleJohnson Hi Joe, Kyle here with Music Tribe. you can order parts directly from us. Please click on support at the top of the page, then scroll down and submit a Spare Parts ticket.
      • December 7, 2020
      • Q1202 main mix slider part
        jyarbro Thx Kyle! I put in a service ticket but haven’t heard back.... does it take long to get parts?
        • December 9, 2020
      • Q1202 main mix slider part
        KyleJohnson I'll let the parts team know you're still waiting to hear back. Thanks for the update.
        • December 9, 2020
Go to page