Statistics

269,933 members
149,700 posts
  • CHAMPSOUND
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-11
    1. Fader scroll up and down automatically without touching. 2. The screen changes itself without touching it. 3. When i press the setup button the device will 4. Sometime i push the screen but nothing happened My mixer the last version firmware 1.07
    read more...
    0 2,059
    • CHAMPSOUND
      GaryHiggins Sounds like "Ghost Screen" issue. You should setup a CARE ticket (use Support up top) to get it replaced.
      • July 11, 2020
      • The Touch screen of Behringer Wing Have a problem
        CHAMPSOUND Thank you for a suggestion
        • July 11, 2020
    • CHAMPSOUND
      lenfinalt Having the same issue...
      • September 10, 2020
        GaryHiggins You can verify by doing the test. Hold down Home and Meters keys and power on. A test will start, run it for an hour without touching it. You should get no events. I got over 100...mine needs repair.
        • September 10, 2020
        lenfinalt Thank you. Mine got several, too... Explains the issues. Even sources got muted from the channel home page during live events...
        • September 11, 2020
        MikeDrennan Gary, unfortunately this appears to be a fairly big problem for Behringer. I can confirm that my screen also suffers from ghost touches and it’s getting worse.
        • October 2, 2020
        mikedones Gary, last night while recording tracks for the "virtual" Christmas event , the screen kept jumping to shut off and flashing back and forth from home to set up page (random blinks) But once I restarted it it went away and work well for another 2 hours. Is this the same thing Ghost screen?
        • December 8, 2020
    • CHAMPSOUND
      silasrose I've got the same issue, screen jumps about and all the side button are unresponsive and channels random muting. Great ! 3 weeks old......
      • January 26, 2021
        GaryHiggins Unfortunate common issue. Mine was fixed and now is fine, took around 3 weeks to be fixed and get back. I'm hearing it is way quicker in some areas however I would plan for the long haul and hopefully get a nice surprise. Create a care ticket from Support up top here. Take a screenshot of your touchscreen test results to send in with it. You might ask your dealer to replace it (some will no problem) however a new mixer could also have the same issue.Some dealers will pre test the replacement to make sure it's ok. Good luck. Hope you get relief. It's not a fun thing for sure but it will get fixed.
        • January 26, 2021
  • New
    MichaelAslin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-09

Hi,

I'm trying to get an iPod Touch 6 to play Spotify via a lightning USB adapter into the USB input of my XR18.

I'm able to use a windows tablet, so I know the input works and the routing is correct... just not getting anything from the iPod.
    The XR18 is running the latest firmware.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

read more...
    0 59
    • MichaelAslin
      PedroRodrigues Hi Michael, please be aware that the XR18 will require to be connected directly to a computer via USB 2.0 port to avoid any issues. Please also consider that the unit via USB 2.0 offers multitrack so you will also need to rout the input on the XR18 App. Thank you
      • December 11, 2020
    • MichaelAslin
      Rumfitt Hi Michael, This is perhaps a misunderstanding of how USB works. USB is not a symmetrical connection . It has USB Hosts and USB Devices - typically a USB host will use the flat USB Type A connector that normally goes in your computer, and may provide power on this connection.

A USB Device will have another connection such as Micro USB, USB Type B (such as the XR18 has, or Lightning, and these do not provide power. The two different connections are to prevent you connecting one USB power provider to another.

In the case of the Windows Tablet, it is based on Windows which contains a USB Host, like a PC does, or which a Mac or Linux box, would do. An iPad or iPod, or a tablet computer on the other hand is a USB Device. Even if you manage to connect one USB device to another, there is nothing to host the USB connection so it won't work.

This is not a quirk of the XR18, it is a consequence of how USB works.
      • December 21, 2020
  • New
    Jojomeurer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-07-18

Hi guys,

my Wing is now working for 1 week. And i think i have found some bugs which i want to report. Maybe its an issue by me but i think i did everything well.

Im expierincing many lags at working with the wing. 

Example 1: Editing the routing and trying to patch the AES50 sources to the inputs. Sometimes when I am selecting a channel by touch, i didnt get to selected. If i select the channel by the select button, it immediatly goes to selected. After a minute ore more, the trys of selecting via touch are processed. At this moment the currently selected channel switches to the channel which wasnt selected by touch before. If i tried 10 times to push the select by touch, the selection changes 10 times. 

Example 2: Editing the VSS3-Reverb seems to show the same problem. If I switch to the deeper editing parameters like ER, MAIN, MOD, TAIL, sometimes the console changes completly random between these 4 screens. After a while this stops and it works completly normal. 

I hope its explaines cleraly enough to understand what i want to say. The problem appears completly random. Sometimes it works fine for hours and the issue starts completly unexpected. Currently Im not able to reproduce the error and get a video. But if it appears again I try to get it filmed.

If anyone has/had the same problem I would be glad to hear about this.

Greating from germany :)

read more...
    0 61
    • Jojomeurer
      KevinMaxwell It sounds like it might be the ghost touch issue or maybe not. what firmware version are you running? I don't remember which firmware they included a test foe that.

Here is a cut and paste of the instructions on how to run that.

Turn the Wing off. Press and hold the Home and Meter buttons, and while holding those buttons, turn the Wing back on. The Wing will then enter Screen Test mode. This displays the number of touches, and also where the screen is registering the touch. Let the test run for AT LEAST one hour. If the screen shows 0 touch events after running the test for at least an hour, you can determine that the mixer is not faulty. Press the blank function button on the bottom right to get to the mixer’s home screen.
      • July 18, 2021
      • Behringer Wing possible Bug Report
        Jojomeurer Thanks for this fast reply. Im running Firmware 1.11. I will try the test when Iam back home. Thanks so far
        • July 18, 2021
      • Behringer Wing possible Bug Report
        Jojomeurer

It seems that my display is broken… I will try to contact my reseller for a repair/exchange.

• July 18, 2021
    • Jojomeurer
      KevinMaxwell That is a strange line of touch events all in a row. But I think you should really worry about the strange picture of someone on your screen it looks really scary. ;-)
      • July 19, 2021
  • New
    BenOwens
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-26

So, I updated.. reloaded scenes.. I did a gig or two.. now .. faders won't move.. select butoone(green) or mute buttons.. scribble strips don't come in.. everything is jacked up.. please help.

0 32
    • BenOwens
      Paul_Vannatto But you don't give details of the console you updated. Can't help much until we know that simple detail, eh?
      • September 26, 2021
      • X32 is acting very strange after update 4.2
        BenOwens What details would you like me Paul? I’d be glad to give whatever info you need. Thank you so much with your fast response.
        • September 26, 2021
    • BenOwens
      BenOwens The console is an behringer X32. Full sized.
      • September 26, 2021
    • BenOwens
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks Ben for that detail. But what is confusing is that the current X32 firmware is 4.06. Are you talking about X32-Edit? Current version of that is 4.3. Make sure that both console firmware and Edit are current versions.
      • September 26, 2021
    • BenOwens
      BenOwens

Not using edit.. just console only. It is the latest firmware. 4.06

• September 26, 2021
    • BenOwens
      Paul_Vannatto So what is 4.2 (on the title of this thread)? If you mean that you upgraded to 4.06 and this happened, I would suggest you download the firmware again and re upgrade (using the older USB stick way - place the firmware on the USB stick in the root folder, with no other firmware, insert into the USB jack on the top, press the USB button beside it and turn on the console).
      • September 26, 2021
  • New
    kashton
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-07

I have received a 12/05/2021 email response from B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio Sales Department that the Behringer X32 mixing console has been discontinued and is nolonger available.  I have a hard time believing this wonderful and very popular mixer has been discontinued.  I am interested in confirmation from the manufacturer if this is true.  If so, what is the status of X32 RACK; what is Behringers plan moving forward? 

read more...
    0 38
    • kashton
      kashton Attached is the email response.
      • December 7, 2021
    • kashton
      Paul_Vannatto They changed the supply chain model to supply super partners only. In the US, those are Sweetwater and Amazon.
      • December 7, 2021
    • kashton
      Nigel67 Hi kashton, Nigel from Music Tribe here. I can confirm what Paul has said in his reply to you. The X32 Series is still in full production.
      • December 7, 2021
  • FlavioB
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-09-25

Hi all.

I'm very new to this great concept of routing and buses, so I'm struggling to get hold of the basics (I guess).

Can anybody assist me or is there any good site where I could start read and learn? If it's be a site, then it should be related to X32 in particular...

Or I could simply pose my questions here?

Let me know!

BR,
    F.

read more...
    0 98
    • FlavioB
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Flavio, feel free to ask questions relating to routing and buses. You could also search YouTube for "X32 Routing". There should be plenty of them there. The ones by Drew Brashler are excellent.
      • September 25, 2020
    • FlavioB
      CraigFowler As a quick primer:

Buses sum and can add processing (eg eq and compression) to a group of channel signals at certain tap points. The buses can then be used internally within the console (eg as an FX send if you wanted to add reverb to a bunch of vocal channels) or can be routed to physical output sockets on the console\stagebox to feed things like monitor and FOH amps.

The X32 has 16 mono buses which can be used for monitors\subgroups\fx sends, which can be stereo-linked in odd\even pairs to create up to 8 stereo buses (useful for stereo IEMs.)

The X32 also has a dedicated stereo LR bus, which is typically used for the FOH mix. There is also mono\centre bus, which would typically be used for feeding either subwoofers or a centre channel (you can set up LCR panning.) It can also be used as an FX send if you run out of regular buses.

Finally, the X32 has 6 mono matrices. Like the buses, they can be stereo-linked in odd/even pairs, and then routed to individual physical outputs to feed various things. Typical uses would be front\side fills, delays, and overflows. Although you can't send channels to matrices, you can send buses there for summing and processing. Matricies are like buses for your buses.

Using the various tabs in the Routing menu, you can determine exactly which signal will appear on which output socket on the console\stageboxes.
      • September 25, 2020
    • FlavioB
      FlavioB Hi guys. Thanks for your replies.
      Let's start with a practical use case: when using a DAW to record multi-track from my X32, I experienced that the FX (I'm using two outboards to add delay / reverb to my channels in a send-return fashion) is not getting recorded. So I just have all dry instruments in my DAW.
      A suggestion I got from a friend is to use 2 channels (or pairs, depending on mono/stereo instruments) for each instrument:
      - instrument (dry) channel
      - FX channel (no instrument)
      This way I would be able to adjust the FX amount for each channel (or channel pair) and also record that channel in my DAW. But here's the point I am stuck at: how can I have the FX return dedicated for each instrument on a separate channel?

I hope my explanation is clear enough... otherwise just ask :-)
      Thanks,
      Flavio.
      • September 27, 2020
    • FlavioB
      CraigFowler I'm presuming you're using the aux IO for the inserts?

By default the X32 records signals straight after the preamps, which is before any insert points, which is why the signals going to your DAW are dry. If you want to keep using the FX as send-returns and record them, you need to either record the wet input at the aux in sockets, (Routing>Card, set a block to AuxIn1-6/T) or use the Routing>Out1-16\Ultranet tabs to set up some direct outs from the instrument channels which tap post insert point, then send that Out1-16\Ultranet block to the cardout tab.

If you want to go with your friend's suggestion, you'd need to stop using the channel's insert point, and instead set a channel direct out to the aux out socket feeding the outboard FX engine's input (routing>aux out.) If you do it post-fader you can use the channel's fader as a send level control. Then you'd need to return the FX signal to the aux input. The you can record the aux input directly using the routing>card>auxin1-6/t option, or you can set a spare channel (or 2) to source their signals from the aux in sockets (select channel>config>source: AuxX) then stage direct outs from those spare channels in the routin>out1-16\ultranet tabs, and then send the Out1-16\Ultranet block to the routing>card tab.
      • September 27, 2020
      • X32 and routing - where should I start from?
        FlavioB So here I am, after some time "off" from my studio...

I've tried your first suggestion, Craig: "record the wet input at the aux in sockets". It seems to be working, but I don't understand how and why. Can you help? :-)
        So I have now the configuration you can see in the attached screenshot.
        For some reason, after fiddling a bit around, I discovered by pure luck that channel pair 31+32 is the pair I need to record in my DAW to also record the FX coming from my 2 outboard FX units.
        How is this possible?
        Thanks!
        F.
        • October 9, 2020
    • FlavioB
      CraigFowler [QUOTE]"record the wet input at the aux in sockets". It seems to be working, but I don't understand how and why.[/QUOTE]

By setting one of the blocks in the Routing>Card section to AuxIn1-6/T, You're taking the signals that appear at the console's auxIn sockets (where the outputs of your outboard are plugged in; your FX returns) and passing them to the card interface to be output into your DAW, where you can record them.

[QUOTE]For some reason, after fiddling a bit around, I discovered by pure luck that channel pair 31+32 is the pair I need to record in my DAW to also record the FX coming from my 2 outboard FX units.
      How is this possible?[/QUOTE]

Ch31-32 probably have their sources set as aux1+2, so they're taking signal from those aux in sockets where your ourboard returns. Select ch31 (and 32,) config tab, and check what the source is.

If you can upload your whole scene file we can have a look at how you've got it set up. If you're managing to record wet signals using the settings in the screenshot, you've done some extra work with the aux out tab, which is confusing things.
      • October 10, 2020
  • New
    MarkMalley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-14

The XR18 has switchable Parametric/Graphic EQs on the Main and bus outputs can you still control these from an X-Touch when they are in GEQ mode

0 31
  • Anlget
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-08

Can i use my x32 core with s32 or should i buy 2 s16's? Pls help me. 

0 43
    • Anlget
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. But my preference is to use multiple smaller stageboxes, such as the SD8 and SD16. It give so much more versatility.
      • October 8, 2020
    • Anlget
      Anlget Thanks i already have a s32 unfortunately. Could you open “versatility” a bit?
      • October 8, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Paul_Vannatto I do sound for a number of bands and events. I place stageboxes in strategic places on stage, such as one stage left, one stage right (or front/back) and maybe one at the drums. That significantly reduces the cable spaghetti.
        • October 8, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Anlget I do it via my multicore cables and i am going to use my x32 and s32 at my home studio. So “versatility“ is Just about cables and placement. Am i right? Not about sound quality or recording capabilities?
        • October 9, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct
        • October 9, 2020
      • X32 and s32
        Anlget Thanks.
        • October 11, 2020
  • New
    dewolfsden
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-24

Need help anyone know a repair shop

0 26
    • dewolfsden
      DavidKnighton Hello David DeWolf,
      To obtain service info, please hit the SUPPORT link at the top of the page and submit a ticket for SERVICE REQUEST. Our Service team will advise you options for repairs based on your region.
      • November 24, 2020
  • New
    danielkimdk93
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

Hi,

So I'm trying to figure out routing for my XR18 so I'll be able to mix separately for live sound and online streaming. 

For example, how do I setup Xair Edit routing so that I can have a page of mix for live environment and a different page of mix for sending the live sound to an online stream? Obviously I want to mix the sound differently for online stream instead of directly sending live environment sound. 

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 41
    • danielkimdk93
      CraigFowler Use your buses. Use the LR bus for either your live or online mix, stereo-link another odd/even pair of buses, and use that for either your online or live mix.
      • March 11, 2021
Go to page