Statistics

293,991 members
177,048 posts
  • New
    rbird59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I thought the X32 Edit Manual was in the Behringer Wiki, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Or I'm crazy.... anyways I'm looking for the manual so I can figure out what does what.

read more...
    0 56
  • New
    KevinReilly
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-05

Performed the v4.04.1 firmware update, and, after configuring the routing to be able to record through Pro Tools and play back to the mixer to listen.  As I turned the channel select to increment the channels, in the window above, they incremented, but the "CH 1" with the "C" remained on the screen in the upper left.  How do I get control of the channel selector and what's the "C" in the box mean?  I can't find that anywhere in the X32 documentation.  Thanks ahead of time for the answer!!

read more...
    0 89
    • KevinReilly
      RexBeckett Hi Kevin, if the main screen is not following the channel set by the select knob, try this: Open the Setup -> Config tab and enable the option Fader Select. This would have been reset during the firmware update.
      • February 5, 2021
      • Behringer X32 Rack Channel select knob doesn’t change channels
        KevinReilly I found it there on the Setup->Config tab in the Select Prefs block->Fader Select. Now, why don't they mention that in the setup instructions? It's working great! Thanks so much!!
        • ·
        • February 5, 2021
  • New
    PastorMatt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-14

My mic and instrument cables run to my church balcony which is where I want the body of the XR18.  But I'm wondering, if I am running OBS on the same laptop that has the XR18 software installed and connected via wifi, can I use the XR18 as in audio input to the OBS like I would a USB source or desktop audio etc?

read more...
    0 36
    • PastorMatt
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Pastor Matt, yes you can use the XR18 as a USB soundcard for OBS. Just make sure that what you want sent to OBS (eg. Main LR) is assigned to the first 2 USB Send outputs, since that is where OBS expects the inputs.
      • June 14, 2021
  • New
    JohnnyChandler
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-07-16

My church will be getting a Wing in a few months, and I'm just doing a bit of pre planning.

I currently use my X32 Compact. LR for Mains, Mono for subs, and mix to Bus 4 for our live stream. The independent control that the pre fader send to Bus 4 gives for the Live Stream feed is nice. The independent control is easier for me to maintain the mix, and it has given a much better result than any post-fader mix I have heard. It does require more work to monitor and mix it.

Is there a way to change the tap point for one of the 4 Main buses to pre-fader, or are they only avaialable as post-fader?

Those who are mixing FOH and recording or streaming, what is your workflow?

read more...
    0 712
    • JohnnyChandler
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jonny, because the 4 stereo Mains are identical and are designed as main control, they are designed as post-fader to the channel strip faders. It would be better to send to a bus (pre-fader), like you do with the X32 Compact and output that bus. If you want the livestream master (bus) fader to be beside the other Main faders (typically in far right bank of faders), you can remap those 4 faders to include the desired bus master.
      • July 16, 2021
      • Behringer Wing Main Output
        JohnnyChandler Thank you for the response Paul! Since they have their own send within the channel strip, I think I’ll just set up a mix going to one of the mains and adjust within the channel itself. We are pretty much maxed on buses, and since I’ll still need a few set up for effects like they are on the X32, I think I’d rather save that extra bus. Are you able to use the sends on fader for the main buses like the mix buses?
        • July 16, 2021
    • JohnnyChandler
      Paul_Vannatto Yes I just checked and the SOF works with the Mains as well. Regarding buses, you do realise that the buses are stereo, meaning that with things like IEM's etc. you only need one bus to provide a stereo output (instead of 2 on the X32).

By the way, if you do want to convert your X32 scenes to the Wing, I have an app that will do that (called XM32 to Wing converter) found here:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/xm32-to-wing-converter/
      • July 16, 2021
      • Behringer Wing Main Output
        JohnnyChandler First, thank you for creating that app! I had seen it mentioned before and have the page bookmarked for when the time comes. Thank you again for creating that and helping make the transition smoother! Regarding the buses, I currently have 8 set up as mono monitor mixes for in-ears and 3 set up for floor wedges. Generally one wedge is used, and the other two are not hooked up. With the last available bus set for the live stream mix. I am hoping more transmitters will be procured later, as I’m currently using the wireless transmitters in a dual mono configuration to provide individual mixes for everyone. The stereo buses will help with that in the future, when the time comes, or if pairs of people are willing to share a stereo mix, not sure how I feel about that though. I do appreciate you taking the time to check on the SoF for the main mixes, as that will allow me to utilize Main bus 3 very similarly to how I use the mix bus currently. How do the snapshots on the Wing work compared to the X32 show files? I currently use a scene as my general starting point with routing and general mixer parameters set and use snippets to make quick changes between songs for different lead vocals and instruments. This allows the Main mix and live stream mix to be set up for the lead vocal and instruments much faster than adjusting the faders for mains and then for the stream. Is there something similar to the snippets on the Wing? Or would I be switching snapshots between songs? Thanks again for your input and the work you do to help all of us here! I see your responses all over this community and appreciate the dedication to other users!
        • July 16, 2021
    • JohnnyChandler
      Paul_Vannatto You are most welcome Johnny. Regarding snapshots and show management, the Wing does not yet have a show management like the X32 has. But it is being developed. Currently snapshots stores everything on the Wing and can be imported and exported from/to snapshot files (in JSON format).

In absence of snippet functionality, I created an offline toolbox and I coined the snippet-like files "snipshots", which are basically modified snapshots. The toolbox currently has the converter, an automix generator (that someone requested) and a JSON editor. With the editor, a snapshot file can be modified to only include desired settings (by removing the other settings). This toolbox can be found here:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-snipshot-toolbox/
      • July 16, 2021
    • JohnnyChandler
      GeorgeDougherty It was helpful I saved this, but the search here is still for $hit. At least it's in my profile. You may find this approach useful.

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/62763/311570/broadcast-or-streaming-mix-and-foh-on-a-single-wing
      • July 30, 2021
  • New
    RichOrdell
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-18

Hi all, this is a 2 part question regarding a Behringer X32 rack.

We have had a few strange things happen in the last couple months.  One time the mixer's AES connection to the S16 was not working.  Power cycling the mixer fixed that.  Last gig, the volume of the mains was going up and down, almost like there was heavy compression on the main outputs, but no such dynamic was set.  Would this sound like a general electonics faulire in the works where it's time to discontinue use of that mixer?  It's 8 years old, having been used over 100 times per year.

Anyways, we do have a 2nd one as a backup and we just need to save out the show to stick and load it into the backup.  However, it's my undertanding that the AES routing settings do not copy over when doing this, and the owner of the mixer does not know off the top of his head how to set that up.  Last time he followed a youtube video to do it, but he has to set everything up in his garage to do that.  It would be so much easier to just save the entire contents of the X32 to stick to load it into the backup mixer and be ready to go.  Is this even possible?

Thanks for any help 

read more...
    0 50
    • RichOrdell
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Rich, whoever told you that the AES50 routing "do not copy over" had no clue what he/she was talking about. If whoever told you that didn't get the routing changes, a safe (or safes) was probably enabled that prevented the loading of the routing settings. All routing is included in scene files. If you export the show, all scenes and snippets will be included.

Regarding your issue with your original X32 Rack with the S16, I would first suspect either a setting or the AES50 cable. If you export the scene (you used when it happened) to a file, then save to the cloud, then share the link in your next post, I'll be glad to have a look and better advise.

I have 2 X32 Racks, one of them being the same age as your original (came off the first boat load to the US) which has been used for 60+ events per year (until the pandemic - 6 per year for the last 2 years).
      • August 18, 2021
    • RichOrdell
      RichOrdell

• August 18, 2021
    • RichOrdell
      RichOrdell

Well, when we had the problem with the S16, we tried a different cable and it made no difference. When we power cycled the X32, it was back to normal and has been fine since, but then there is the other issue we had last week which was really strange, and another thing that probably won't happen again. Thanks for the info

• August 18, 2021
    • RichOrdell
      Paul_Vannatto Are you up to date with the X32 Rack and S16 firmware?
      • August 18, 2021
  • New
    yosbelim82
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-07

Hello there does any one know what is going on with X32 Rack can't find it any where

1 32
    • yosbelim82
      Paul_Vannatto Like everything electronic, automotive, etc., it's probably due to the global chip shortage.
      • September 6, 2021
    • yosbelim82
      Dale_M As Paul states there is a world shortage of semi-conductors at present, however if you go to the Behringer website and select the BUY tab it will give numerous places you can buy so may be worth double checking with the retailers. https://www.behringer.com/buy.html
      • September 6, 2021
  • New
    Albert2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-05-18

The flow8 is disconnected from the power supply, it is only connected via usb to the mac which is in sleep mode, do I have to worry about this rhythmic flashing?

read more...
    0 34
  • Wildtech
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-03

Sorry if this posted twice.

Still a newbie on the X32 mixer I recently misplaced channels 9 - 16 and after much hunting found them misrouted to local instead of AES50.(That's a long story cut very short!)  During the search I noticed that channels 1-8 have an `A` in the channel LCD screen which seems to mirror a setting in the home screen `auto mix X Y`.  I can't seem to find this in the manual and am now curious to know what it is and why it is ony on channels 1-8

read more...
    0 75
    • Wildtech
      RexBeckett On the X32, the automix function is only supported on channels 1-8. Automix can be useful for managing panel discussions but doesn't help in most music applications.
      • August 3, 2020
    • Wildtech
      Wildtech Thanks Rex. As probably 99% of my use will be music I can consider this function as perhaps an appendix then. It just happened to be one of a few red herrings in my search for my missing channels . :)
      • August 3, 2020
  • New
    Hiortintexas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

I'm using M/C (Mono Channel) for the subwoofer.

How do you assign the OUTPUT of the M/C to the physical XLR OUT in the back of my X32RACK so I can connect to my Sub woofer amp? (Would like to use #6 as its next to the LR outs)

0 39
    • Hiortintexas
      DaveMorrison The instructions depend on firmware version and whether you do it at the console or using X32_Edit because the labels vary by version. If your Routing:XLR tab is set at default (Out 1-8, 9-16), then go to the Routing:Out (or Out 1-16) tab. Set (the source) MC to be Output 6.
      • November 22, 2020
      • X32Edit - How to assign Mono Channel (M/C) to the physical XLR Out on the back of the X32?
        Hiortintexas Thanks ! As I noted below it was easier to see it on the iPad.
        • November 22, 2020
    • Hiortintexas
      Hiortintexas SOLVED: I could not see how to do this in X32-EDIT but on the iPad it is much easier to see it in the routing section.
      • November 22, 2020
  • New
    GapwayBaptist1775
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-25

Just bought X32 mixer board with 40 inputs for our church. While setting up channel 1, got a red light where phantom power mic plugs into board and also the channel ID light above fader slide is out.  Is there a guide to troubleshoot this?

0 67
    • GapwayBaptist1775
      Paul_Vannatto The phantom light goes on when you enable phantom on that channel. For the channel ID (called the scribble strip), if is not lit, it means that the channel's source (on the config screen) is set to OFF. Change the assignment to and input (eg. IN01) and the scribble strip will light up.
      • Mar 24
    • GapwayBaptist1775
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 Manual can be found on the X32 product site (in the Product Library, Documentation on the right). Here is the link:
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ASF
      • Mar 24
Go to page