Statistics

269,933 members
149,700 posts
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-05

How do I update the assigned name and color of a channel using mixing station with X air?Seems like this should be obvious but I can't figure it out. Once I click into a channel I don't see where the option is to change this.

0 8
  • petercastle
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-27

All Behringer music makers thought about buying a Behringer Wing,  come into a group with a musician production theme, multitrack training, and light-hearted humour.

Link Behringer Wing Studio Mode Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/360112075372387/

read more...
    0 35
  • New
    ChurchSound37745
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-09

OK, all, please be gentle with this old man!

Had a weird thing a few weeks ago.  During our worhip service, the LCD started flashing "ERROR" and other strange messages.  LCD went to red.  Thought our guy running the board had launched a missle.  Pastor was notified that we would need to reboot, but before getting to the booth the board crashed.  Upon rebooting it, it acted much the same way.  Sound tech pulled the USB stick (it was full) and the board went back to normal operation - or so we thought.

We've seen it stop recording when the stick is full but never anything else.  We replaced the stick and it seemed to be fine.  Except we've noticed that a couple of things have scrambled.  Our kick is no longer on the kick channel but on another empty channel.  A DCA we set up for background vocalists doesn't actually do anything, although the routing appears to be correct.  The biggest one is that the P16s seem to have been affected, probably because some channel inputs are scrambled.  Basically at this point, I'm about ready to rebuild the board, and think that this might be a good time to update to 4.04.

We have scenes saved on the stick and have downloaded the .scn parameters to a Word doc.  But in looking at other posts, it appears that there are things (such as snippets) that are NOT saved on the stick.  Before we update the firmware, what other things should be saved to the stick so they can be reloaded?  I really don't want to have to rebuild everything, basically because I'm not sure I understand enough about the board to do it competently.  Any advice given would be gratefully accepted.  Thanks!

read more...
    0 34
    • ChurchSound37745
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear of your troubling event. By what you describe, do we assume that you are using an X32 or M32? If so, in all likely-hood, you are using a fairly old firmware (probably 2.x) and the filled USB stick is what crashed the console. Away back then, there was a bug that gave those symptoms when the USB stick filled up. I would suggest that you update the firmware to 4.04.

Before updating, go to the scene section and go to the Cues screen. Using the Utility button, export your show to a show package (a number of files) on a (unfilled) USB stick. This will save all cues, scenes and snippets. Then go to the Library and eport all channel, effects and routing presets (using the Utility button) to the same USB stick. Finally go to the Setup section and write down all of the settings on the first 4 screens (they don't get saved in firmwares 1.x to 3.x).
      • January 9, 2021
      • Before I update the firmware...
        ChurchSound37745 Wow, Paul, thanks for the quick response! Yes, it's actually the X32 - sorry for not clarifying that. We're actually on the first version of 4.0 (I think it's 4.02). Based on your commentary, I wouldn't have expected a similar bug on the newer version - but the symptoms might indicate otherwise.
        • ·
        • January 9, 2021
        ChurchSound37745 Anyway, what you've recommended to do for saving everything is exactly what I'm looking for. Appreciate it!
        • ·
        • January 9, 2021
    • ChurchSound37745
      ChurchSound37745 Anyway, what you've recommended to do for saving everything is exactly what I'm looking for. Appreciate it!
      • January 9, 2021
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Rick, thanks for clarifying that you have an X32 using firmware 4.0. Unfortunately there were a few bugs we missed in the initial release of 4 (I don't recall that being one of them). By all means update to 4.04. Fortunately firmware 4 introduced a full backup of the console before it does any updates (using the Update Firmware on the Setup, home screen). So it will update everything on the USB stick that you have inserted with the firmware update file.
        • ·
        • January 9, 2021
  • New
    Xsoundproduction
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-28

Has anyone seen where the middle right bank of 4 faders section stop responding. The mute select solo buttons stop working but the fader and led level still works. The board is brand new used only 4 times.

0 55
    • Xsoundproduction
      GaryHiggins Did you run the ghost touch test by any chance? Some varied and odd results occur from having that issue. It may not be the cause in this case but I would try the test anyway to make sure your touch screen is ok. The mixer should be replaced or repaired if you have it, sounds like it’s nearly new.
      • March 28, 2021
    • Xsoundproduction
      Nigel67 Hi, I would suggest that you try a factory reset to see if that fixes the problem and a software upgrade. Make sure you back up any shows, etc to usb stick beforehand. If it doesn't, then if the console is still within 30 days of purchase, contact the shop that you purchased it from and ask for a DOA replacement, otherwise please submit a Technical ticket and we will organise a repair for you. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • March 28, 2021
    • Xsoundproduction
      KevinMaxwell Do you have the same problem with that section no matter what layer you are on? Is the scribble strip showing anything or is it off? Do the Sel/Solo/Mute buttons look like they are dead, no light around them thus different than the other working sections? If that is the case that is how it will look if no control is assigned to a section.

You may have a physical problem but if you want to upload your SNAP here we can take a look at your scene and we might be able to tell you if there is something wrong in the setup. You can upload it here but only in the post that you start. You can edit the first post in this thread. Copy the SNAP from your mixer to a thumb drive and then put the thumb drive in your computer and then go to edit your post and you will see a place to upload a file on here. It only works for the person that starts a thread and you have to do it in the post that you started a thread in.
      • March 29, 2021
  • New
    GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-17

Would love to see an adjustable slope on the parametric EQ.  6/12/24 would be good.

Additionally, maybe relocating that enable/disable from the Settings page to somewhere on the EQ interface.  Possibly using a width adjustment knob.

1 9
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Paul_Vannatto Hey George, if you select a bus, matrix or main EQ, then the Settings (screen top), there are options for the various slopes. For the channel EQ only shelf and parametric options are available.
      • October 17, 2021
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GeorgeDougherty Odd, I could have sworn I posted my reply.
      I wasn't very clear in my request.. My suggestion has to do with adding that ability on the input channels like many of the newer Yamaha consoles and similar to the downstream processing channels on the Wing.
      In addition, the UI isn't very intuitive to change up those filter slopes right now where we have the capability. Those types of functions seem better suited to be up front in the UI alongside the other EQ adjustments.
      • October 24, 2021
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Paul_Vannatto Hey George, if you post from the notification (or email link), that post goes into a parallel universe and does not show up in the standard thread (very aggravating!).
      I do agree that adding these slopes to the input channel strips would be nice. But there may be a DSP limitation issue that won't allow this.
      I also agree that the filter slopes is not in an intuitive location. There are a number of features that I have to scratch my head to think of where I last found them. And as more features get added, I think it is only going to get worse.
      • October 25, 2021
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-06-19
    Looks like V 1.07 is out, link on the Facebook site. A lot of what people begged for!
    1 212
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins from pdf
      • June 19, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins Link to Wing Firmware 1.07 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeuvqyrwka6cskg/WING_Firmware_1.07.zip?dl=0
      • June 20, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      KlausMock Hm, why has Behringer/Musictribe decided to inform the "community" via Facebook, a platform I do not use for several reasons, and leave pople like me alone? And why is the new firmware not available on the products download site? Strange behavior imho.
      • June 20, 2020
      • Wing Firmware 1.07
        GaryHiggins Hey Klaus, I think it was leaked on Facebook, still not out officially as far as I know
        • ·
        • June 20, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      bjamestx I’m not finding the link on their Facebook page. Or the file in the Wing firmware downloads web page. Could you please post one or the other? Maybe Behringer removed it. Thanks!
      • June 20, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins Link is above....
      • June 20, 2020
      • Wing Firmware 1.07
        bjamestx Gary, thank you my friend.
        • June 20, 2020
  • PetriOjanperä
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-08-19

When can we expect x32-mix to be updated to work with all the functions that came with firmware 4.0? Or is it that wings Co-pilot is taking all the focus?

And yes, I know that older version of x32-mix works fine with new firmware and that I can use Mixing station instead of x32-mix. 

read more...
    0 62
    • PetriOjanperä
      NicJonesMT Hi Petri.
      As we are working remotely I don't currently have access to an X32, but could you please confirm what features you cannot control? I can then pass this on to the development team.
      • August 19, 2020
      • X32-mix update
        PetriOjanperä I’m using iPad to control my x32 and working RTA metering and 1 to 1 routing would be nice features. As also there could be an assignable button for tap delay.
        • August 19, 2020
  • New
    Bluechriscov
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-24

Hi,

My mixer works, but the crossfader assign is all over the place won't assign the channels and only seem to provide sound output randomly 

is there a way to fix this issue..?

0 51
  • New
    RossMiller
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-27

So Doing a large concert over the weekend Several bands, 32 channels used, 8 hour show.
    X32 w XLive card and 2 midas DL16s. firm 4.06 2.5. I have been using this system fore over six years and I have NEVER seen anything like this.

I run the console for the live show
    we send a 32 channal USB to a separate person who is multi recording on pro tools, we also send a stereo buss feed for redundancy and to capture the overall mix. Been doing this for years with no hiccup (pre 4.0 firmeware)

This year we added a thumb drive on top for an extra stereo record FAT formatted

Show starts and I push record for the thumb drive and see the cassette display working and input meter.

about four hours in, we noticed that the red indicator light for the thumb drive was off. I went the USB window and nothing was moving. I did not even see input meters.

I pushed Cancel but nothing happened. I pulled the drive out and then.......

The main sceern started flickering and glitching then at about ten seconds it came back but now the console was frozen. We had screen and lights but nothing was responding. It was still passing audio.

So I prepared the crew to shut the amps off so we could restart the console and snake heads and not fry speakers. ( this was a casual enough gig so we could do this)

While waiting for the song to finish. (about 30 seconds). the console completely shuts off. Blank screen, no lights, no audio. About 15 seconds later it rebooted. Fortunately softly, with no pops or bangs, and we were running again.

We had to restart the pro tools record since it lost sync. but the rest of the day went fine.

So what happened? Again fortunantly this was a casual enough gig so no harm, but what caused this and how do I prevent this in the future? The soft restart was a blessing but, I have used this system on many really high profile and high pressure shows. Having a failure like this would be horrible.

the thumb drive only showed a 3kb file but 3gb of usage so certainly it was corrupted

read more...
    0 11
    • RossMiller
      KevinMaxwell Every time I hear about a console freezing it seems like there is a USB thumb drive involved.

I have also heard that some IEC cables don’t fit as tightly as others so be careful and make sure it feels nice and tight when you plug and unplug it from the mixer.

How was the power to everything? We use an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) when the show is critical even with an A/C tie in. For a beach concert series we do we are tied in to an A/C panel and since it isn’t as critical we don’t use the UPS there. But I would really prefer to have a UPS even there, but it isn’t my call for those shows. I always recommend a UPS, the pure sine wave type where it is constantly working and there is no switchover time at all.
      • September 27, 2021
  • New
    Vedder323
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-08

We have troubleshooted and isolated an issue with the Behrinnger Wing and S32 using condenser microphones. We have 2 mics setup as a "crowd" mics and in our live streams, we have been hearing a bizarre static noise that sounds like digital noise. Turns out its the condenser mics when used with the S32 and Wing. We have tried dynamic mics and they are fine but condenser mics are unusable. Thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions? 

read more...
    0 20
    • Vedder323
      Paul_Vannatto I'm using lots of condenser mics with my Wing and stageboxes (SD8 and SD16) without any issues. Make sure the S32 firmware is up to date. Also try another stagebox (eg. SD16).

Another thought, make sure that you turn on the phantom on the condenser channels.
      • December 8, 2021
    • Vedder323
      GeorgeDougherty Bad mic cables will cause noise problems with sources requiring phantom power. Could be something in the shielding. It could be the mics themselves picking up some rf in their electronics.
      I have a pair of Lewitt Match 040's and a cheap Audiopile SDC on my drum kit into an S16 and everything is clean and quiet. The rest of my inputs are into a DL32 and condensers on that are also clean and quiet.
      • December 19, 2021
Go to page