Statistics

269,281 members
148,969 posts
  • New
    aboerstra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-04

I have instruments connected on channel 9/10 and 11/12 and I can hear them coming out the main L/R.  They also show levels in XR Edit on my iPad.

However they are not sending on their respective USB channels into Ableton.

I have installed the latest Firmware (1.17) on the XR18

I am connected to a Mac 11.2.3 (Big Sur)

I have done a factory reset on the XR18.

The Routing tab is set to default settings.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 28
    • aboerstra
      KlausMock Which version of Ableton do you use. Afaik Ableton lite supports only eight audio tracks. So, doublecheck the functions available for your version of the application .
      • July 4, 2021
  • New
    chiletdenis2020
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

I have been contacting music tribe for the past two weeks for my Behringer wing. they create a ticket number for me since that time I don't hear from them anymore. anyone can help please 

0 52
    • chiletdenis2020
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. If you can please provide your case number here or send me a Direct message I can assist you.
      • July 19, 2021
    • chiletdenis2020
      chiletdenis2020
      • July 19, 2021
  • New
    cffwbav1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-25

Hi, I run the sound booth of our church, a building with some nice natural reverb.  We use an X32 Compact.

I send sound out to internet streaming using Bus5.  I'd like to add reverb FX only to Bus5, without adding it to the mains.  Haven't been able to figure out how to set that up in the EFFECTS setup.

I've put Vintage Reverb onto FX slot 2, then increased the sends of Bus 5 when selecting FX2L, but I still get it coming out of the mains. How to avoid that happening?

Thanks

read more...
    0 20
    • cffwbav1
      Paul_Vannatto Select the FX2L channel strip, select the Main tab at the top, and disable the LR
      • November 25, 2021
    • cffwbav1
      whamil You need to turn off the send to the mains buss in the fx2 return channel. I'm not at a board to look, but you ideally use the fx2 as an insert on Bus 5.
      • November 25, 2021
      • How do I add Reverb ONLY to Bus 5 and NOT to the Mains in X32 Compact?
        whamil Another thought here. I work at a church that also live streams, and has nice natural reverb. I stream in stereo, so I use two mics, you would only need one. Unfortunately I don't have an X32 to use there, but that's beside the point. I use the mics specifically to capture the reverb and I add it only to the live stream, in whatever amount sounds good. Place a mic where is picks up as much of the stage as possible and as little of the congregation and use it just to add reverb to the live stream.
        • November 27, 2021
  • New
    prolux
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-05

Hi everyone!

I know my problem is probably off topic, but I desperately need EU Declaration of Conformity for Behringer X32 and X32 Compact digital mixers.

I already contacted the producer, they directed me to the distributor (Muziker in my case) but no response yet.

So, if anyone has this piece of paper, PDF file, or a proper download link (I searched Music Tribe website, but didn't find one) please send. ASAP, of course.

read more...
    0 41
  • New
    hamiltdf
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-22

I am relatively new user of the digital mixer.  I have most things set up well but can only get sound to come out the phone output, nothing from the mains or the bus.  I have watched videos and learned quite a few things but none of them have solved this problem.  THis is for a small chruch setup that has a couple microphones and a few instruments.  I have save a scene and attached to this.  If anyone has a suggestion or can see what i am missing (i am sure it is simple) please let me know.

Thanks!

Dan

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 33
    • hamiltdf
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dan, thanks for attaching your scene file - makes troubleshooting so much easier. The reason why you are hearing only out of the headphones and not out of the Main LR and buses is that all 8 inputs (inputs 9-16 are off in Routing, Inputs screen) are muted and headphone solo is set to pre-fader (before the fader and mute).
      Also
      * channel mutes mute both the sends to the Main LR and to the buses.
      * channels 1, 7, 8 do not go to any of the 3 buses (Floor L, Floor Ctr, Floor R)
      * channels 1-3 main faders are all the way down.
      * all routing seems to be correct.
      • August 22, 2021
  • Soundenterprise
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-08-19

Is this possible?

Want to connect DM8000 DSP to X32 Rack with Ultranet

DM8000 will be sending 15 Ultranet channels to x32 Rack. X32 rack will use these as inputs such as AES50 or Card Inputs would. 

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

read more...
    0 83
    • Soundenterprise
      DavidKnighton Hello John,
      Ultranet is a 1 way protocol from the M/X32 consoles, meaning it sends from the console but does not receive.
      • August 19, 2020
    • Soundenterprise
      Soundenterprise Thats what I needed to know! Thanks!
      • August 20, 2020
    • Soundenterprise
      DavidKnighton Hello again John,
      It occurred to me that you could utilize a DM8008 in this setup. Essentially, the DM8000 would provide Ultranet to the DM8008, which would in turn provide 8 analog outputs. You can daisy chain two DM8008 for a total of 16 analog outputs from an Ultranet send. Then you could simply patch the analog channels into the console's local inputs. Alternatively, you could fit the DM8000 and the X32 both with Dante cards and that could achieve a direct connection between the two devices. If you wanted to go all out, there is the DM8500 which is has Dante built in, and by comparison is far superior to the DM8000.
      • August 21, 2020
  • hdawg0314
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Has behringer released a date for when the Dante expansion card comes out? if i know they will release the card I will buy the wing console. the only reason i have not purchased the wing console is because my venue is operating over dante.  

Thanks!!

read more...
    0 125
    • hdawg0314
      Nigel67 Hi Hunter. All I can say is that we haven't released it yet, but it will be very soon. I am not hiding the date from you, we just do not have a definite release date at present.
      • September 27, 2020
      • Wing Dante Card?!?!
        jankoppe1 Hello Nigel, will that also include the MADI Card? I'm really starting to get angry about this. It's taking way too long for you to release those cards. I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I bough the console at the beginning of the year, but this is really a let down.
        • September 27, 2020
    • hdawg0314
      JeffBunch I would also like to know when this is going to come to fruition??? We have Dante network in place but can't utilize it because we went from X32 to Wing! Love the console, but HATE we still don't have Dante!!!
      • November 30, 2020
  • New
    ValeriuM_Trufin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-01

Hi ! 

AUX channels don't have an input delay option, so I wonder if is there a way to use busses to add some?

Because of the growing needs of our church, we bought a Wing, and repurpossed the X32 for live feed mixing. This gives us a greater felxibility and independence over the previous setup of using a bus pair to paralle mix the live feed.

I am however still trying to improve all aspects and one issue is that the congregation mics are way out from the FOH, but still have some bleed from the Mains. I wanted to add a delay to all inputs from the stage to account for that distance, and see if that helps keeping clear more of the sound whan adding the congregation.

We are maxing of the X32 inputs so Keys, PC and Electric Drums are patched to the AUX channels since they need least processing. But I can't add a delay to them. Is there a workaround? Most of the buses are free since this is live feed only. Is there a way to use them?

read more...
    0 209
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      KevinMaxwell You could send what you want delayed to a Mix Bus to an XLR and then apply the delay to the XLR out and come back into an AUX in. Or send it out to an AUX jack and come back into a channel and delay it all on that channel. Just be sure not to create a loop. This assumes that you have those output and input available.

Or you could just move the audience mics closer to the stage where they really should be in the first place. I always put them close enough to the stage so I don't have the issue that you are having. Just keep then out of a direct shot from the main speakers.
      • June 1, 2021
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto If you are maxed out on the 32 channels with full processing, there is not much you can do to add delay to the Aux inputs, and the only output delays are connected to the Routing, Out 1-16 screen. The best solution is to get a second Wing.
      • June 1, 2021
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      CraigFowler Remove channels from LR, route cannels to bus, insert a delay\pitch shifter FX over the bus, route bus to LR?
      • June 1, 2021
      • X32 - Is there a workaround getting input delay on aux channels?
        KevinMaxwell Have you found a particular FX that will do that without adding some other weird sound into it? I have looked and I can’t find one that is clean and usable for this application. I would like to know what FX will work for this.
        • ·
        • June 1, 2021
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      ValeriuM_Trufin Thanks Craig, that's what I was hoping I can do. I do second Kevin's question. Is on of the included FX you suggest?

I will test how the delay is if all parameters are deactivated with the exception of time and just one repeat..
      • June 1, 2021
  • New
    KevTyler
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-07-04

hi guys, hope all are well, I recently upgraded from a 12 to an x air 18, I have installed the usb driver and I get the x air control panel that shows when my desk is connected but I find so many times that I’m constantly re powering the desk in order for my laptop to see it. Sometimes the laptop sees the desk and my faders receive midi from touch osc etc, but the actual x air sound card is not outputting anything to the desk. Any help appreciated 

cheers 

Kev 

read more...
    0 37
    • KevTyler
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Kev, are you by chance using USB 3.0 (blue) ports on your computer? Because all Behringer USB ports are USB 2.0 compliant, they don't always work well with USB 3. The other thing it could be is the USB cable (they can go flakey).
      • July 4, 2021
    • KevTyler
      KevTyler

• July 5, 2021
    • KevTyler
      KevTyler

thansk so much paul, i dont think im using a usb 3 port, its not blue, none of my ports are, but i know one of them is a 3. i might try and unisntall usb 3 support if i can becuase i dont have any other devices that need it, this laptop is for gigs only.ill come back and lñet you know how it goes, cheers kev

• July 5, 2021
    • KevTyler
      KevTyler

Hi guys in the end I decided to hot glue a usb Audio dongle to my x air 12 and stop fiddling with windows. Cheers. Kev

• July 8, 2021
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-18

If, on the Card Tab, I map the Local 1-8 to the USB card, is that sending the raw XLR Inputs 1-8 to the USB? Or is it sending the outputs of Input Channels 1-8, and if so is it post fader, or post EQ? Also, why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?

read more...
    0 12
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Assigning Local to the Card screen assigns signals directly after the physical XLR input preamps.

Regarding your second question ("why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?"), are you by chance trying to setup routing using the iPad app? If so don't. That app is designed as a mixing app and is not the best for doing complex routing and setup. I always use the X32-Edit app (for Mac, Windows, linux or Raspberry Pi) to do any setup (routing, etc.).
      • October 18, 2021
      • X32 Card Output - so confusing
        DanielThompson RIght, not using an iPad app.

So if we assign the inputs to the card that way we're bypassing the input channels (faders) correct? Which would explain why, when we muted the input channels we still got signal through the card. There are too many things called "input", it gets confusing.

So, I guess we cannot use 17-24 to the card then. Our original plan was to have the physical XLR inputs assigned to input channels 17-24 and 1-8, Then we were going to assign inputs 17-24 to the card and 1-8 to the main LR out, giving us one set of faders to the mains and one set to the card. We had to flip that around and put 17-24 to the mains now and 1-8 go to the card because the card won't take 17-24. But if you're saying the input channel is bypassed going to the card then it doesn't matter.
        • October 18, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest that in your thinking, from a routing perspective, separate physical inputs (Local, AES50, Card) from channel strip processing. If you want the physical inputs to go to the card outputs, then select the Local, AES50, etc). If you want channel strip processing to go to the card outputs, then you have to use one of the staging (patching) screens (Out 1-16, Aux Out, Ultranet) to assign the DirOut Ch and change the taps (eg. pre EQ, post EQ, etc.) as desired. Then assign that bank of 8 to the card outputs.

I'm not sure why you are saying you "cannot use 17-24 to the card" - 17-24 what?
      • October 18, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Daniel, unfortunately you replied to the notification, rather than the main thread, which sends the the reply to a parallel universe. I sent you a PM (personal message - mail icon top right corner).
      • October 19, 2021
Go to page