Statistics

293,684 members
176,705 posts
  • DavidStackhouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-23

Hello... it's been a while since I've been in this forum, and obviously there have been some changes. A while back, as in, maybe a couple of years ago, I posted some questions/started some discussions, and the info contained in those threads was of great value to me. Are all those old discussions lost??? I checked my profile and tried searching for them but to no avail! Can anyone tell me how to find or retrieve them? Thanks!!

read more...
    0 71
    • DavidStackhouse
      Paul_Vannatto Hi David,

Welcome back. They have changed the forum engine once again and have promised to port over all of the past posts (eventually). So far most of my posts have either not been ported or the search engine doesn't work (or a combination of both). So I feel the same pain...
      • July 22, 2020
      • Discussions disappeared
        DavidStackhouse Thanks, Paul... I remember you being very helpful at the time... much appreciated. Sounds like this hurts you a LOT more than it does me... I hope they get it done soon. It had been a while since I used my MR18 and one thing I forgot is that there's a TERRIBLE idiotic glitch in the unit where, by default, it does a LOUD power cycle on startup... scared the living crap out of me and my son!
        • July 22, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto That doesn't sound good. There is a "Mute output at power cycle" setting in the Setup, Audio/Midi screen. Try that. It will mean that you will have to unmute after it is on.
        • ·
        • July 22, 2020
        DavidStackhouse Thanks, Paul... yes, I remembered that feature and activated it afterwards. I had initialized the unit prior, which reset that feature to its unmuted default setting, and when the sound sent me almost sent me an my kid through our ceiling I cursed myself for forgetting about it. I don't understand why it's necessary... it's the only mixer I've ever encountered that does it.
        • July 23, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DavidKnighton Hello David. As is common practice with most PA systems, always allow your console a chance to boot before powering your amps/loudspeakers in order to avoid pops, or in the case of the MR18, a loud laser beam effect.
      • July 23, 2020
        DavidStackhouse David, thank you for your reply. I don't want to seem ungrateful or argumentative, but I've operated PA systems for 40 years, and worked with dozens of consoles, and this is the first and only mixer I've ever used that makes such a sound.
        • July 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hey David, just a thought. Check your FX returns to make sure you are not sending back to the FX buses, creating a loop (which is easy to do by accident). That might be a source of the loud noise.
        • July 23, 2020
        DavidStackhouse And a good thought, but no, that's not it... the noise was definitely the power cycle. It happens within, what, maybe the first 10 seconds after I power up the MR18. It lasts for a split second, sounds like a laser blast, and it's LOUD as hell, and then it's over.
        • July 23, 2020
        -mjk- Great point.
        • July 23, 2020
  • New
    jjfredrick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

My church has a Midas M32 connected to a DL32 stage box via AES50A with the HUB4 (with 4 DP48s connected) connected via AES50B.  While the AES50A routing works great, I'm finding the routing for AES50B defaults back to the factory default even on saved scenes (with no recall safes enabled).  Nearly every time I power-on the board and recall a saved scene, I need to reset the routing on the AES50B tab.

Has anyone else experienced this...is there something I need to do to ensure this routing stays intact?

read more...
    0 18
    • jjfredrick
      Paul_Vannatto Check to make sure there are no safes enabled that would inhibit the AES50 B routing when loading the scenes. I can assure you that both A and B AES50 routing are saved in scenes. If you want to verify that, export your scene to a file and look at it with a text editor. Line 20 will be the AES50 B settings.
      • Jan 15
    • jjfredrick
      LisaHopper

Can either of you explain to me how to route AES50B for sending audio to my DN9650? I'm receiving audio through AES50A from my DL251 stage box, but not sure if I've got AES50B patched correctly to DN9650.

• Feb 24
  • New
    DavidUselton
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-17

Hey there. Can't seem to find where to control USB recording in M32 Edit App.  Connected to M32R so cannot use onboard screen to control this as there is no screen. :-)

Thanks

Dave

0 19
    • DavidUselton
      Paul_Vannatto Hey David, are you meaning you have the M32C (M32R has a screen)? When the M32-Edit app is connected to the console, the USB Recorder will show up under the Save, Load, Copy, Paste icons on the right. If you are not connected the USB Recorder will not show up.
      • Feb 17
  • New
    VlahopolGuitars
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

I just got my MR18 and I am looking forward to work with it as it is a first step to the bigger brother of his that I want to buy soon - I hope.. 

I am now using a 10 in 10 out soundcard in my recording studio and I thought it would be great to get the MR18 to use it in the studio as a soundcard in order to get the 18 IN /OUT and benefit from it.

NOW, like I said i am looking at using the MR18 mainly in the studio but also with my bands where I have 32 channels analog mixer... now i have some questions that needs answeres, please:

1. is there any OFFICIAL tutorial on what to install first and how on mt Windows PC? - asll I see on youtube are a bunch of guys showing off their X-Air Behringer mixers, but NO official video of MIDAS. Maybe I am looking in the wrong palce. Please guide me.

2. I see there are two softwares a driver and a firmware update. is there any specific order to this ?
    M-AIR-Edit_PC_1.6
    M-AIR-Edit_PC_V1.5
    MIDAS MR18 Driver Setup v4.59.0
    MR18_Firmware_1.17

Please, correct me if I am wrong... I assume it should be like this... 
    1 firmware, 2 driver, 3 Software M-Air 1.6 ??  Correct?  
    Id there any official videos on these, please? 

3. IS the MR18 able to SAVE my studio / USB settings as a studio soundcard and than also save my LIVE settings so I don't have to redo it all the time? when I go from STUDIO to LIVE performance and back? 

4. IF i have 2 x Midas MR18 is there anyway to LINK them to work together as ONE ? One of my sound engineers has one and my keyboard player has one so.... can we link these machyines to see eachother VIA laptop in LIVE GIGS ?

read more...
    0 402
    • VlahopolGuitars
      Paul_Vannatto Why do the videos have to be official? I just did a search on YouTube for Midas MR18 and there are lots of videos both by Music Tribe, resellers and users - all excellent material. You can also search for XR18, since the 2 consoles are identical in functionality.

The order of software, drivers and firmware is not important. Just use the latest available.

Yes you can save snapshots of your settings and recall them as desired

No you can't link MR18 together. They are not expandable. For that you would need to get a M32 or X32.
      • March 11, 2021
      • Midas MR18 - please advise
        VlahopolGuitars Thank you so much for your answer.
        well, the videos have to come from the seller as "a manual" ??? I never used a MR18 and I want to know what and how should I do it in order NOT to break it, than loose warranty because of MISSUSING. I have seen that happen.
        And yes the seller it is contractually obliged to give me manuals / tutorials in order to have a mutual beneficial relationship.
        I got this small rack mixer because I like the Midas. Now I need to know / learn how it works. I don't understand why i have to you tube to 20 different users to find what I need when in fact I should be able to go to the source / manufacturer and find everything there. I am not trying to argue with you and thank you again for your kind response.
        Thanks again!
        • March 12, 2021
    • VlahopolGuitars
      RexBeckett Hi VlahopolGuitars, there is no functional difference between an XR18 and MR18 so a video for one will also serve for the other. The control app, firmware and drivers are different for each make but work the same way - despite some small differences in appearance and branding.

I would install the driver first. The M-Air-Edit apps are not actually installed by Windows so you can have several versions on, say, your desktop. You may need to use app V1.5 initially to install firmware V1.17. I think that app V1.6 complains if the firmware is older than V1.17.

The MR18 can save all non-global settings in internal Snapshots. The same settings can also be saved as Scenes in files on the controlling PC. Snapshots load very quickly but it is good to save some scenes as backups. Scenes can be loaded on any MR18 or XR18 if required. Global settings (not saved in snapshots or scenes) are things like network parameters and sample-rate.

There really isn't any way to link multiple MR18s except by using analogue inputs and outputs.
      • March 11, 2021
      • Midas MR18 - please advise
        VlahopolGuitars Thank you so much,
        Mucha appreciated.
        • March 12, 2021
  • New
    Browntown85
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-10

M32 OSC subscription overload....looking to what this means and the solution if happening during live show?

0 5
  • New
    Electech
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-04

The console has sat for 2 years because of Covid 19

Tried to Boot it up and the DSP can not be found

Tried uploading the most recent software no change

Could this be an internal battery problem

Any sugestions welcome

read more...
    0 44
    • Electech
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please contact us through the Support form at the top of the page. Click Support, then Technical Support and submit a ticket.
      • August 4, 2021
  • New
    Miradorabe23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-03

Bonjour,

Ma table Midas X32 LIVE n'est plus reconnue par mon Mac. J'ai l'habitude de faire des enregistrements dessus avec la cable USB et tout d'un coup la table n'est plus visible par le Mac (il n'y rien qui apparaît lorsque je branche le cable USB). J'ai déjà changé d'ordinateur, de cable USB etc... mais rien ne change.

Pourtant l'enregistrement avec les cartes SD marchent nickel.

Merci!

read more...
    0 19
    • Miradorabe23
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that you have the USB cable from the X-Live card plugged into a USB 2.0 port in the Mac. It doesn't work very well in a USB 3 port.
      • May 4
  • New
    avmt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-16

Hello There,
    I would like to know how to rearrange the dynamics on the M32 Digital mixers so that EQ comes before compression or compression comes before EQ. The Wing board gives me that option and wondering how this can be achieved on the M32 and X32 digital boards

THanks,

Rich

read more...
    0 67
    • avmt
      Paul_Vannatto You would do that on the channel strip Dynamics screen. Assign either Pre or Post EQ.
      • June 16, 2021
    • avmt
      avmt

• June 16, 2021
    • avmt
      avmt

Thanks, that resolved it

• June 16, 2021
  • nicholaslue
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

Is there any way I can monitor the MainLR output through the DL16's phones jack?  I'm using a M32C so I don't have another way to plug in headphones directly into the board.  

0 377
    • nicholaslue
      Paul_Vannatto Use the Select/Adjust button to scroll through the inputs, then the outputs until you get to the output the Main L or R is assigned to. (see https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=S16%3A_Callouts)
      • September 11, 2020
      • Listen to mainLR through DL16 headphone jack
        nicholaslue I was wondering if I could hear the stereo LR at the same time, not one or the other.
        • September 11, 2020
        GaryHiggins I don't think stereo can work out but you could get a mono version of L/R by using a matrix ch assigned to an output. You could use a P16 ch, adat ch (aes50 17-32) or an out 1-16 ch for the phones source of the matrix ch. The DL16 phones jack is mono afaik.
        • September 12, 2020
    • nicholaslue
      BillHood Can't you use the Monitor Output on the M32C, just assign LR Bus to Monitor Source? Need a Y cable from two mono sources to one stereo for headphones but should work.
      • September 12, 2020
        GaryHiggins Curious, I just assumed an additional place to monitor from was needed...and then after looking at the M32C I realized it doesn't have ANY phones jack and volume knob like the X32 Core does. A strange omission I think.
        • September 12, 2020
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-24

I have searched the internet to find uses for the HUB4, as it's just advertised as part of an IEM system if you use a DP48. If you have a DP48 with an X32/ Wing etc... why would you need one? What could it do for you apart from save you using the Power Supply that comes with the DP48.

it seems that the HUB4 is just a very expensive power supply for your DP48's. ?‍♂️

read more...
    0 141
    • andyp13
      RexBeckett Hi Andy, the Hub4 does a bit more than supply PoE to DP48s. See the product page for details: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DM1
      • January 24, 2021
      • HUB4 - a very expensive Power Supply
        andyp13 Thanks for the reply, that link just confirmed my thoughts, it’s an overpriced power supply for the DP48. I think a more realistic price should be about £199 max... it’s not needed to connect stageboxes when a stage box can connect directly to source without putting the HUB4 in between - unless of course you want it to supply power to it ?. A more realistic price needs to be considered.
        • January 24, 2021
    • andyp13
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, that is not totally accurate. There are a number of routing options also available with the Hub4. It is particular useful when using wireless IEM's where typically the receivers are all housed in a flightcase. Adding a Hub4 (for up to 4 DP48), the DP48 outputs can be routed to the outputs on the back of the Hub4, which can then be connected to the wireless receivers. Another option is a StageConnect port to connect the new stageboxes, etc. (coming soon) that uses this new protocol.

Yes the price is a bit high. But it is a Midas product, not a Behringer product (and there is a difference).
      • January 24, 2021
        andyp13 It’s a real shame they have overpriced them, £500 is a lot of money to power your DP48 or use a mic cable instead of an Ethernet cable. I really fancied one as I have a DP48, but not at that price ☹️. The PD-16 powers 8 P16’s for £120, so £199 is a fair price for a very similar product under a different name don’t you think.... hopefully I will pick one up in a few years for a time for a realistic price when they can’t sell them. Thanks for the reply Paul, stay safe.
        • January 24, 2021
        DavidKnighton Hello andyp13,
        You're comparing apples to oranges in this scenario. The P16-D distributes Ultranet, which is a 16 channel digital audio over ethernet single direction protocol. The HUB4 distributes AES50, which is a 48 channel digital audio over ethernet, bi-directional protocol. Comparing the two side by side is like comparing a moped to a Harley Davidson. The HUB4 offers great versatility in environments where you want a clean setup. Imagine a tour where all you need is 1 ethernet cable to set up the DP48. Without the HUB4, you'd need to run power to the DP48, plus 2-4 additional XLR lines to return the signal to an IEM rack, plus the ethernet cable. You can imagine this creates quite a cable mess very quickly. The HUB4 has the potential to alleviate all that, and for touring professionals, the less cable clutter on stage, the better. To me, it sounds like what you're really after is a PoE injector. The HUB4 does way more than that, so if that's all you need of it, then it's not the right solution for you. Better to just use the included power supply that comes with the DP48.
        • January 25, 2021
        andyp13 Hi DavidKnighton, sorry but you are mistaken, the DP48 returns the stereo mix (in fact up to two stereo mix) back down the ethernet cable (connected via AES50), so no more extra cables are needed wether you used a HUB4 or not, you still would need cables to connect to your IEM system, they would be from your desk to the IEM brain or from the HUB4 to the IEM brain. The DP48 is powered via its Power supply or the HUB4 if you use one...so as you can see I’m comparing apples to apples. And I stand by the statement that the HUB4 is just a grossly overpriced power supply for the DP48, worth half of what is being asked, I’m sure the price will drop to what it’s really worth when they don’t sell ?.
        • January 25, 2021
Go to page