Superhero - Level 1
    2020-06-19
    version 1.4 is posted
    2 88
  • New
    GeorgeAukerman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-28

Where can I find instructions on how to connect my Pro2 to the DP48 system. WHere does the Hub4 connect at the stage end? can it be run in series with the stagebox?

1 91
    • GeorgeAukerman
      KyleJohnson Hi George, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The DP48 and Hub4 system operate at 48kHz and the Pro2 console operates at 96kHz. Unfortunately this means the units can not be connected directly. You will need to install a Klark Teknik DN9650 in order to convert the AES50 signal from 96kHz to 48kHz.
      • April 28, 2021
    • GeorgeAukerman
      GeorgeAukerman

Also, how do I connect at the stage end? thru the DL stage box with the Hub4?

• April 28, 2021
      • Pro2 to DP48
        KyleJohnson You would need to run a Cat5 line from one of the AES50 ports on the Pro2 to the AES50 Input on your DN9650, then out of the DN9650 into the HUB4, and out of the HUB4 to your DP48 units.
        • April 28, 2021
      • Pro2 to DP48
        KyleJohnson It's not possible to daisy chain another AES50 unit off of the 96kHz Midas DL Series stageboxes.
        • April 28, 2021
    • GeorgeAukerman
      GeorgeAukerman

Is there a way to create more AES50 I/O than 6 on the Pro2?

• April 29, 2021
  • New
    alpha7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-21

The mixer is hooked up to a Benhinger snake which keepa going on safety. We checked the snake at the audio store and they said the mixer is causing the issue. It'll make a pop sound and everything will stop making sound, nothing turns off though. Then the sound comes back on for about 3seconds to 1minute before it repeats. Any idea what it can be? Everybody suspects a board maybe bad or loose but if its software or if the parts aren't sold they said they will not touch it. Help thanks.

read more...
    0 24
    • alpha7
      Paul_Vannatto First suspect is the AES50 cable. Is it shielded cat5e, 6 or 7 with ethercon ends? If so, check continuity (with a multimeter) between ethercon ends. If there is no continuity, find the break and repair, or replace the cable.
      • August 21, 2021
    • alpha7
      GaryHiggins As Paul said, cable is the major suspect. The condition you describe is classic aes50 ESD related. Just to quickly check some broken data wire and/or other physical cable problem exists, any cat5/6/7 will work for temporary purposes. The issue with ESD should not show up unless very dry conditions exist. Or the broken wire issue. You WILL need everything Paul said eventually though, but just for a quick double check, any good cable will work. Hope replacing a cable (the correct way) is that simple of a fix for you!
      • August 22, 2021
  • New
    lestudambule
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-13

Hello,

I look at the M32 (or M32C or M32Live)

Do I will succeed to record 32 tracks in 24bits/192kHz.

I need to aggregate the console with sound cards to increase the number of inputs in record sessions, I’m on OS X. Is it possible ?

Regards

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    Cblair819
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-03

Does anyone know if the Midas m32r has a Testing mode?     Think of an SC48 with its test mode.   

0 5
    • Cblair819
      Paul_Vannatto No it does not
      • Aug 3
    • Cblair819
      KevinMaxwell Years ago we thought we had something wrong with one of the M32 mixers that we had and support told us a key combination to press to put it into a self test mode. I don't remember what the key combination was but I will see If I can find out for you. and then see if it works with the current firmware.
      • Aug 3
    • Cblair819
      KevinMaxwell Well the fellow I work with that owns the 2 Midas M32 mixers that I have regularly used found the Key combination to put the M32 (I assume that it should work on the X32 also) into the Surface Test mode. It is - with the mixer off press and hold the Home, Meters, Routing and Setup buttons all at the same time and turn on the power while holding them. Let them go when you see the mixer start in the test mode. I am not 100 percent sure how you are SUPPOSED to get out of it but turning it off and then on again it comes back on like it should.
      • Aug 6
  • er_molla
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-23

Hi, i'd like to know if my X touch controlling the mr18 can be sync with a screen with m air and follow my actions. For ex. If i go to the eq. section with the controller the eq should appear also on the screen not only on the controller lcd

0 118
    • er_molla
      RexBeckett Individual controls will be reflect changes but MAir Edit will not switch screens/tabs as a result of X-Touch operations.
      • July 23, 2020
    • er_molla
      BartVanDamme There is a solution for this problem. See this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MuNb3Zs19Cw Originally designed for Raspberry Pi, but works on Mac and Windows also. More info on www.lumisoft.be
      • July 23, 2020
      • Sync with xtouch
        LuukvanKuipers Hi Bart, does it work both ways? When I change the settings on the pc, will the X-touch follows??
        • July 26, 2020
      • Sync with xtouch
        BartVanDamme It depends on what settings. e.g. if you change a fader level, the corresponding fader on the X-Touch will move.But if you click on the eq tab in X-Air-Edit, the X-Touch will not jump to the eq section.
        What my program does is capture the communication from the X-Touch to the Mixer and when it discovers something that should imply a screen change, it simulates a mouseclick.
        • July 26, 2020
  • New
    cjeffers235
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-08

I need help routing Main output to a Matrix channel.

Seems like a simple process, but the Pro 1........ well not so fast!

HELP!!!!!!

0 57
    • cjeffers235
      Nigel67 Hi, If you select the Master Channels to appear on the screen, then highlight the aux area. The aux sends from the masters would then appear in the detail area on the right hand side of the screen if they were available (you are not able to send masters to aux), but all you will see is up and down buttons at the bottom of the page. Toggle the down switch twice and the Master to Matrix sends will appear in the detail area. It is exactly the same as sending input channels to matrix
      • February 8, 2021
    • cjeffers235
      cjeffers235 Thanks, Nigel67! I will look into this soon. Do you know where this instruction is listed in the Pro-1 manual? I have previously accomplished this assignment, but not the way you have instructed. Also, I am sending L + R Master channels to a single Matrix channel, but I want to create a 2nd Matrix channel to created stereo Matrix out to Stream audio. Is this an acceptable way to execute this objective?
      • February 9, 2021
  • New
    jjfredrick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

My church has a Midas M32 conencted to a Dante network (via the Behringer X-DANTE card) which also includes a PC running Waves Tracks Live.  I am currently using Snippets to change the routing to record and playback.

I am curious if adjusting the Play/Record Inputs on the Routing menu (lower right of screen) is a better or more preferred way to manage the routing for virtual soundcheck in my application?

read more...
    0 6
    • jjfredrick
      Paul_Vannatto I don't use an X-Dante card, but do use the X-Live card for recording and virtual soundcheck. I use the User In screen to individually assign all input, then assign the User In (blocks of 8) to both Routing, Inputs and Card screen (in identical assignments). Plus all channel sources are have the default assignments (chan 1 -> in 1, chan 2 -> in 2, etc.). That way the soundcheck signals from the X-Live card will always line up to the appropriate channel strips.
      • Jan 31
  • DavidStackhouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-23

I want to try using my MR18 as my interface to get audio into Logic Pro X on my MacBook Pro. It's been a while since I recorded anything, and I discovered by accident that my old hardware... a Digidesign 003 Rack and an Avid Eleven Rack... are not recognized by macOS Catalina, and Avid seems to have no intention of fixing it. I mention that for the benefit of others who may have that hardware, and have been scratching their heads wondering why they no longer work.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice about getting the MR18 up and running with Logic? My MBP sees the MR18 as the input and output device (whereas it no longer sees the 003 or Eleven). Is the MR18 completely controlled by Logic; i.e., are its settings in the M-Air-Edit app completely transparent when using it as in interface for Logic? So, for instance... gain, EQ, faders, whatever... anything I may have set in the M-Air app... are all those settings still in place when I use the MR18 to get into Logic? Is there anything I have to do in M-Air-Edit to turn 100% control over to Logic? Thanks much...

read more...
    0 305
    • DavidStackhouse
      RexBeckett The only way for Logic to control the MR18 is via Midi. Normally you would configure and control the MR18 using the MAir Edit app. Logic would see it as an eighteen channel bidirectional audio interface. By default, the MR18 USB Sends would come directly from the preamps so would not be affected by EQ, faders, etc. You can change this, of course,
      • July 23, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DaveMorrison You can control a few parameters via MIDI. If you want channel levels, pans, or scene recalls, Logic can do it. In the studio, I don't. Live, it's handy to have Logic bump up channels levels for solos. I prefer to use a mixer in the studio rather than (or in addition to) an audio interface because I don't get any latency in my monitoring path—the mixer handles that.
      • July 23, 2020
      • MR18 with Logic Pro X (b/c 003 Rack and Eleven are no longer supported in Catalina)
        DavidStackhouse Great tips, Dave... thanks for your input!
        • July 24, 2020
  • New
    charlesstrick
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-18

Are the meters on the m32 showing peak or rms levels. Thanks

0 5
Go to page