Statistics

289,862 members
172,426 posts
  • New
    soundfangled
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

Midas are busy and probably understaffed, so my ticket is taking some time to process. I have the ability to fix this issue, I just need a help indentifying the spare part.

Does anyone have the official service manual or can tell me what this ribbon is?

I've attached an image.

I need the ribbon by X6 on the UserCtrl PCB - it's become unseated and needs replacing.

Please help, I have a tour coming up and this is going to financially hurt if I cannot fix.

read more...
    0 28
    • soundfangled
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle with Music Tribe here. Could you please provide your Case number?
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      eeeee if they dont sort you out a free replacement you can easy buy a soldering iron and some heatshrink sleeving. fix will take 30 seconds.
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      soundfangled

Still no response from Midas.

• Feb 8
  • Artsan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-12

Hi Guys, Im barely getting started to know this mixer and i have not been able to use thee wifi client. i followed indications and videos on youtube regarding connecting via ethernet and inputing the WLAN info, closing the app and turning off the mixer. When i turn it back on it does not detect the mixer unless i plug in the ethernet cable or switch to access point. Any suggestions reegarding this?

Wish they would come up with a new firmware that allows to control the mixer via the usb cable since i am already connected to my laptop for DAW

read more...
    0 313
    • Artsan
      GaryHiggins Hello, so you have made your Wifi settings while you were actually connected to the MR18 in access point mode? Which software are you using to set things up?
      • September 13, 2020
      • MR18 unable to connect to WIFI Client
        Artsan Hi Gary, i have tried it both ways, while on access point and connected to Ethernet. I am using M-Air Edit on a Mac laptop. My steps were: 1: connect via ethernet or access point (connect successful). 2: on the WLAN tab input my network name and password selecting WPA2 and hit apply. 3: Quit the app, turn off the mixer. 4: Change the remote button to wifi client, turn on the mixer, start the app back up again. After this nothing happens the app stays in searching for a mixer. When i check the WLAN tab my network info is still there.
        • September 14, 2020
    • Artsan
      Paul_Vannatto Regarding your question about the mixer control via USB, that will not be possible. The X-Air and X32 is externally controlled using the OSC protocol, which sends/receives commands via ethernet (UDP) only (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Sound_Control)
      • September 13, 2020
    • Artsan
      DavidStackhouse Arturo, are you using an external router? I had an issue connecting with an external router... spent many hours trying to figure it out with the help of some good folks here. In the end it turned out to be something stupid - I had plugged the ethernet cable from the MR18 to the internet port on the router. It's supposed to go into one of the ethernet ports. As soon as I made the switch it worked like a charm.
      • September 14, 2020
      • MR18 unable to connect to WIFI Client
        Artsan Hi David, yes im using an external router and i am able to connect through the router and access point just not through the wifi client mode which i need. Once i am connected through one of those options I input my networks info on the WLAN tab and then switch to wifi client and it wont connect
        • September 14, 2020
  • New
    WallyFargo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Hey all,

I just updated M32 edit to 4.2 and it is ridiculously slow to respond. I have Mojave 10.14.6 OS. How can I revert back to M32 Edit 4.1? My M32
    R console is at v4.04.1. Or is there another solution to my dilema?

Thanks!!

Wally

read more...
    0 269
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins Just uninstall it, download the earlier version then install it instead.
      • February 26, 2021
      • M32 edit on Mac - Revert back to 4.1
        WallyFargo Hi Gary, I should have included the fact that I don’t know where I can get the previous version. I couldn’t find it on the download page. Can you direct me to where I can get it?
        • February 26, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      DaveMorrison You can install multiple copies on the same computer. I've had two versions of X32-Edit and one version of M32-Edit on the same computer (I never tried to run them simultaneously). You really don't have to revert. I like to rename the app with the version number (e.g. X32-Edit 4.1) to make it clear what I'm launching. Do you still have 4.1?
      • February 26, 2021
        WallyFargo Hi Dave, I do not have 4.1. Good point though on the multiple copies. Thanks
        • February 26, 2021
        DaveMorrison This new website has lots of problems, one of which is the "Show Legacy Versions" button doesn't work for the M32. It might work next week—it might never work. Other users might have a copy. I have the Behringer version if you need it (it's the same).
        • February 26, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins Im sure I have it if you still want a copy, let me know...and like Dave I have several versions installed, X/M versions to use 2 at once without becoming confused.
      • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo Thank you Gary and Dave!!! I've been away from mixing on my Mac for a while, guess I just needed another set of eyes. The X32 edit seems to be working just fine with V4.2. Gary - If I did want to get M32 edit V4.1, how could I get that from you? This will teach me not to be so quick to replace/trash apps, I guess. Thanks again!!!
        • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo So much for that, now X32 is acting up. It's 3-4 seconds behind. I'd really like to get my hands on a V4.0 or 4.1. My previous X32 edit is 3.2 and that won't work with the console. Thanks!
        • February 27, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins I’ll post a link, but I can’t do it till I’m at my pc later (iPad now) I will send it in this thread, just click and download...
      • February 27, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest you check your ethernet/wifi connection to the M32
      • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo Hi Paul, thanks for bringing that up!! I have been using a several year old WiFi extender and just today went out and purchased a new one. No real improvement. I'm getting 450 Mbps download speeds on the computer in my studio.
        • February 28, 2021
        GaryHiggins were you able to set up 4.1 or 3.2?
        • March 1, 2021
  • DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-31

Hello all.

Working to enhance a live-webcast application in our church. Our setup is:

Sanctuary:
       M32 with all sources connected to LocalIn1-32 & AuxIn1-5
       Plans for addition of DL16 connected via AES50 to this console for stage flexibility
       All house PA and IEM monitors run from this console

Webcast Room
       M32R with no local inputs or outputs
       Output to WebCast Mac via ch1-2 of USB mapped from L-R
       ***imminent future*** replace M32R with M32C

AES50 connex:
       M32[A] <> [B]M32R
       ***imminent future** DL16[A] <> [B]M32[A] <> [B]M32R

(Sanctuary) M32 AES50 patch
       AuxIn 1-6/T >> AES50[A] 1-8
       UserIn 1-32 >> AES50[A] 9-40
       LocalIn 1-32 >> UserIn 1-32 (for future selectivity of DL16 inputs)

(Webcast) M32R Input Patch
       AES50[B] 1-6 >> AuxIn 1-6
       AES50[B] 9-40 >> Channel 1-32

(Thanks Rex and Paul for their previous help in making this work.)

Hopefully all that makes sense. I really DID NOT want to paste 10 screenshots to create a 1.5m long post. ;-)

Now my questions.

1. We have (Sanctuary) M32 TalkBack [A] mapped to all IEM monitors buses in that same console.  Is there a way to get (WebCast) M32R talkback to M32_TB[A] or these same M32 buses so the WebCast tech can communicate with the stage talent?  For clarity, we need to retain the ability for the (Sanctuary) M32 tech to TB to the IEM buses.

2. What is the purpose of the PreAmps screen in M32_Edit/Setup?  Looking at both the M32 and M32R screens they appear to be exactly the same.  I thought the HA gains were set in M32 and that M32R had no control of HA gain.  What am I missing regarding /Setup/Preamps?

3. On the same M32_Edit/Setup/Preamps screen, what is
        Global_Options-Lock_Stagebox ?
        Global_Options-HA_Gain_Split ?
        HA_Remote-AES5-_Port_A or Port_B ?
    and how will these options function differently on the (Sanctuary) M32 vs the (Webcast) M32R?

4. Of the settings selected in M32_Edit/Setup, which become part of a scene file created from that console?
        \Connection ?
        \Mixer ?
        \GUI Prefs ?
        \Midi Control ?
        \Preamps ?
        \Card ?

5. Of the settings selected in M32_Edit/Routing, which become part of a scene file created from that console?
        \Inputs ?
        \AES50 ?
        \Card ?
        \XLR ?
        \Out 1-16 ?
        \Aux Out ?
        \Ultranet ?
        \IQ Setup ?
        \User In ?
        \User Out ?

Sorry for the marathon post. Thanx in advance for your sage assistance.
    Dwayne A

read more...
    0 60
    • DwayneAasberg
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dwayne, I responded to your Linkin message the other day. For your questions here, I'll try and answer as best as this forum interface will allow.

1. For the TB, I'll need to study current setup (It's been awhile since we set that up) and advise later.
      2. The preamp page shows the the headamp settings (gain and phantom) for the local and AES50 A and B. Normally the console closest to the preamps (located at the XLR jacks) have control, unless that console relinquishes control using the HA Remote settings.
      3. The Lock Stagebox remotely locks an S16 or DL16 front panel (from busy fingers). As far as I know, it works on the console directly connected to the stagebox (via AES50). The HA Gain Split provides each console in the eco-system digital trims on their channel strips instead of gains. When that is enabled, the physical preamp control will be only at the Setup, preamp screen of the console that has HA control. The HA Remote I explained in point 2.
      4. Only the headamp settings (gain and phantom) are included in the scene file (at the very end of the file).
      5. All sections are included in the scene file.
      • August 30, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg Hi Paul.
      Okay, thank you.

1. TB. Any help you can eventually offer will be appreciated.
      2. The Preamp page also appears to have setting for the local inputs on the M32. I had taken it as a given that if the M32R was using M32 inputs, the M32 would have control of the gain. I have noted that there is a 'Trim' on the M32R even though HA Split is not set. I may need to actually play with these settings at the church.
      3. Okay.
      4. Okay.
      5. Okay.

Thx again for your help.
      Dwayne A
      • August 31, 2020
      • Tonne-o-M32 questions
        Paul_Vannatto For #2, trim will appear on a console if it relinquishes control of the headamp (gain and phantom) by setting the HA Remote.
        • September 1, 2020
  • New
    knaepp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-02

To whom it may concern,

we are currently working in three different environments. First rehearsalroom has an x32 Producer with two S16 connected, second environment is our studio with M32R and two DL16 connected and a third environment with a M32C (pretty new) and one or two DL16 connected for smaller events or accoustic sets. We use cues, scenes and snippets widely to control the key settings of our Mixers and the effects used during a gig.

Now I recognized that it is a problem to name the cues on our M32c. Each time when we load a cue-sheet from usb-drive and do some modifications using M32-Edit Software (macOS) the Name of the cue will be automatically adjusted to

M32C_YYYY-MM-DD_HHhmm.nnn.<snc|snp|shw>

The internal name of the cue will be changed to M32C even when we change the name using M32-Edit. Our name will allways be ovwerwritten during the next export of the show.

Naming of the show is important to us because we document our adustments and create shownames containing serial numbers to  be able to fall back to older "releases" of our cofiguration if necessary. Each time when using M32C we have to do this manually. This means renaming all files and adusting the internal name of the show using

sed -i 's/M32C/<nameOftheShow>-<serialNumber>/g' <nameOfTheshowfile>.shw

Do you know any workarounds for this - let me call it a feature?

Best regards

Matthias

read more...
    0 63
    • knaepp
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Matthias, before exporting the show from the M32C (or any M32/X32 for that matter), make sure to name the show (bottom right corner of the Cues screen in M32-Edit). If that is left blank, then the console will use a generic filename (and show name in the first line of the .shw file).

As an alternative, have you tried the Show Manager app that I have developed?
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/m32x32showmanager/
      It provides an alternative GUI to create and modify shows.
      • June 2, 2021
    • knaepp
      knaepp Hi Paul,

thank you for your answer. That was the way we already tried it. We set the name of the show in the bottom right corner. The export the usb stick is only possible on the M32C edit using the "one knob". After choosing "Export Show" the name of the show will be M32C...something -like I told you before. There is no option to do this via M32-Edit. The name of the showfile will always be adusted and the name of the show is M32c.
      I know your showmanager, thank you for sharing it. Most members of our band are not familar with tools like this (some of them even do not really understand the show-concept).
      My expectation is that a stored name would not be adjusted by the console.

BTW: we use firmware 4.06 and M32-Eit 4.3
      Best regards

Matthias
      • June 2, 2021
    • knaepp
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks Matthias for your response. Until just recently, the M32C and X32 Core had issues exporting anything and that was fixed as part of one of the firmware updates. Evidently this is a bug. I will pass it on to the developers. In the meantime I would suggest you make the necessary changes using the M32C and export the affected scenes and/or snippets (either using the Export to USB stick) or using the dual nature of M32-Edit, then merge these scenes/snippets into the current show using either M32-Edit or Show Manager.
      • June 2, 2021
    • knaepp
      knaepp Hi Paul,
      I just checked again showmanager. May be we have a misunderstanding. We do not use the showfile from usb-stick, we always import the entire show to our consoles. Changes from one scene/show/snippet to the next will be done using midi. Because of that all changes will be done affecting the scenes and snippet files on the console.
      After finishing a gig or rehearsal we - again -export the show to the usb stick. This export destroys the name of the show and the name of all files - even when we set the show-name using M32-Edit.

I hope this was not too confusing.

Greets
      Matthias
      • June 2, 2021
    • knaepp
      knaepp

Hey Paul,
      thank you. Until we see an upcoming future update we will use the current way (rename files and change showname using sed)

Thanks for your help and stay all healthy

Matthias

• June 2, 2021
  • New
    PetervandenBerg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-14

I bought by Thomann an Midas M32C and its send by them to Repair for 4 weeks. Your Repair tell them its 100% good, but they asked please check the soundcard with computer connection for a few weeks, after that i still got my M32C back? I need that M32C for my workshops and this cost me a lot of money i can't give the workshops! I called an emailed Thomann a lot of times but still my M32C isn't back.... I don't understand such a good and beautifull products and so bad services. I don't buy in the future by Thomann anymore and if i dont have my M32C back for the weekend i contact my lawyer to get a claim or a new M32C a.s.a.p. Sorry but i am very angry!

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail and for sending the communication you had with Music Tribe.

We are still waiting for further updates from the service partner about what they checked and how they checked it. 

As soon as we have this information we will inform you further about this.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in this case.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate in contacting us.

Kind regards

Daniel Rodenburg, Customer Care International
    Tel: +49 9546 9223-476  |  Fax:+49 9546 9223-8399  |  E-Mail: [email protected]

Web: thomann.de/gb    Opening Hours    Customer Centre

read more...
    0 13
  • WDuester
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-07-13
    I want to create a snippet that just saves mute group settings and it doesn't seem like that is possible. I don't want to select individual channels because the MUTE settings, although changed by the snippet, don't update the mute group status. This is very annoying because I want to set up a snippet to change my sub woofer send level, change my multiband compressor threshold and change the status of two mute groups. The sub woofer send level and multiband compressor threshold is easy enough to get it to work but where are the mute group statuses recorded in a snippet?
    read more...
    0 167
    • WDuester
      RexBeckett The OSC command for Mute Group status is /config/mute/n state where n is the group (1..6) and state is ON or OFF. ON means that the group is muted. e.g.

/config/mute/1 ON
      /config/mute/6 OFF
      • July 13, 2020
    • WDuester
      WDuester Thanks Rex. I was more interested as to which of the snippet selection prameters the mute group status lives under. Here is a screen shot from m32 edit.
      • July 13, 2020
      • Midas M32 - Where are the mute group settings 'stored' in a snippet?
        Paul_Vannatto Actually they are selected using the Groups Param. Filter. But that also includes the DCAs as well. If you need just mute groups, you will need to edit the snippet file (exported) with a text editor (as Rex suggested) to remove the unwanted DCA's, then import that modifed scene file back into the snippet list. The advantage of using Scene Parser is that a scene can be exported to a file, loaded into Scene Parser, parsed with desired filters, then fine tuned in the Results editor to make the snippet do exactly what you want, no more, no less.
        • ·
        • July 13, 2020
        WDuester Thanks Paul. When I tried using the Groups Param Filter in the snippet, the mute groups did not respond at all. I will explore editing the snippet file in a text editor.
        • July 13, 2020
    • WDuester
      RexBeckett I have never found a combination of Snippet filters that captures the Mute Group status. I just add the OSC commands to Snippets using a text editor. Alternatively, you could use Paul Vannatto's X32 Scene Parser to build Snippets from Scenes. See: https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/ The problem with this approach is that the Mute Group status in Scene files is a block command for all six groups rather than a command for each one.
      • July 13, 2020
        WDuester Just out of curiosity, what other software tools do you guys use to help automate things on the m32 or m32 edit? I find that the platform is lacking in the ability to create macro's to help automate things. I've experimented with xfade (for automating fade outs and fade in of channels) but I haven't found anything that can tie all the 'needs' together: Needs being -smooth fade in/fade out, mute group activation/deactivation, fader position on certain channels, start recording, stop recording etc .... The m32 is a nice piece of kit but is still lacking for automated show control.
        • July 13, 2020
        RexBeckett Take a look at some of Patrick Maillot's X32 tools here: https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32 Paul also has created several excellent tools. See: https://sourceforge.net/u/pvannatto/profile/
        • July 13, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Waldy, as Rex mentioned Patrick has lots of various tools that he has developed for the X32/M32 consoles. He also wrote the X32 OSC Protocol document that has become the developers OSC bible. One thing to note is that the OSC protocol (mother tongue of the X32/M32) uses absolute values and is not time related. Therefore scenes and snippets are point-in-time absolute settings of the console. I developed Live Toolbox to enhance the capabilities of snippets in a new snippet-like function called tidbits (snippets on steroids). These include time-based commands such as fade, xfade, etc. and relative commands such as increase, decrease, etc.
        • July 13, 2020
        -mjk- I use X32ReaperAutoMate for mixing with full automation. It's Patrick's latest creation. https://x32ram.com/
        • July 14, 2020
    • WDuester
      WDuester Thanks Rex and Paul. I have not explored editing snippet files in a text editor.
      • July 13, 2020
  • New
    TatsuyaNakamura
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-16

Hello,

This is the problem I encountered.

When I connect the Hub4(v2.9) to the M32C(v4.0.6), the recognition is ambiguous.

On the iPad(M32-Mix v3.1.0 build a3.1.0.1), it shows as normal.

The cause may be that the iPad app has stopped updating and is older than the Hub4.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

I'm using a translation tool to post this.

read more...
    0 60
  • Andrewtylerbennett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

Brand new MR18 will not connect to any devices via hardwire Ethernet. Have tried all IP options on the console, multiple computers, with and without a router with no luck. The remote switch on the console is in the correct position. Built in AP works fine, but is not the desired control method.

read more...
    0 93
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      RexBeckett Hello Andrew, here are a few tips:

Changes made on the X-AIR Edit Setup -> LAN page are only applied if there is an open network connection to the mixer (shown on the top of the app window). So you need to connect using the AP to change the network settings. Make sure to click the APPLY button to set the new configuration.

For a direct connection to a PC, the LAN Mode should normally be DHCP Server. You need to specify an appropriate IP Address (e.g. 192.168.1.1) and Subnet Mask (e.g. 255.255.255.0). Leave Gateway as 0.0.0.0.

For connection through a router, the LAN Mode should normally be DHCP. The other network settings are not required.

When you have changed the LAN settings, move the MR18's network switch from Access Point to Wifi Client and wait ten seconds before setting it to Ethernet.
      • October 11, 2020
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      GaryHiggins Did you try setting everything up for your lan and wireless settings while connected in ap mode? You need to actually be connected to the mixer to set ip's and subnets etc. Once they are are correctly set for your situation THEN change the mixer switch to the desired position. (sorry Rex, didn't see your reply)
      • October 11, 2020
    • Andrewtylerbennett
      DavidKnighton Hello Andrew Bennett,
      When setting up the LAN function, ensure you are doing this from a computer and not a tablet. Things tend to work well with DHCP, but often a static IP address is helpful.
      • October 13, 2020
  • New
    MixingLane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

Hello,
    appreciate our input on following Need and Idea about using 2x Midas HUB4 for connecting 41 channels and 8x stereo IEM
    41 channels on stage, 8 person band, 2xDL16, 1x DL32.
    Need:
    8x stereo wireless IEM from stage, IEM mix by musician's app and FOH engineer
    Idea:
    3x DL stageboxes connected with AES50 to Midas HUB4, 4x2 analog out (from HUB4) to 4x IEM transmitters
    Second midas HUB4 daisy chained over AES50 with first Midas HUB4, 4x2 analog out (from HUB4) to 4x IEM transmitters
    AES50 frome second Midas HUB4 to FOH: Behringer Wing
    Questions:
    Can Midas HUB4 be daisy chained? or do I need 2x AES50 from FOH?
    Can this idea technically be done?
    Are there better/other ways of implementing "need"?
    See attached simple scetch of the set-up in mind
    Thank you, Arie

View Attachment

read more...
    0 17
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Arie, yes the Hub4 can be daisy chained as you suggested. Just make sure the "Port 1-4 AES50 A1-32" is turned off (unlit) on both units, which will allow all 48 inputs from the DL stageboxes to pass through to the Wing.

I just had a look at your attachment and there is one thing you will need to change. Instead of having each of the DL stageboxes attached to the second Hub4, you will need to daisy-chain them as well.

Of course a more "fail-safe" setup would have the dual DP48 connected to the Wing using an AES50 cable and the DL stageboxes connected to the Wing using a second AES50 cable.
      • May 5
      • 2x Midas Hub4?
        MixingLane Thanks Paul_Vannatto. I made a second drawing according your advice. Looks like a great set-up!
        • May 5
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto Yes, that should work for you Arie.
      • May 5
      • 2x Midas Hub4?
        MixingLane Great! Now I either have to go for the Hub4's or control myself and wait for the Hub8 ?
        • May 5
    • MixingLane
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not aware of any plans for a Hub8. So I would suggest you get the 2 Hub4's
      • May 5
    • MixingLane
      MixingLane

Final question (I hope ;-) ) Can the Hub4 be used without DP48? So simply in a side rack on stage to make the connection with Wireless IEM transmitters, and the IEM mix be done by the FOH (Behringer Wing). According to the documentation, I think: yes but there is some ambiguous tekst that makes me doubt. Thanks!

• May 10
Go to page