Statistics

294,242 members
177,327 posts
  • New
    OneLife
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-25

Hi,

how can i Senf my mix A and B back to my M32C to Senf it to my IEM?

In my M32-Edit i cant see the XLR Output sends.

Greets Heiko

0 60
    • OneLife
      DanielPaine By default, a single connected DP48 will output 8 channels back down the AES50 line:
      1-2 is Mix A, 3-4 Mix B, 5-6 Mic, 7-8 Aux.

If you link a second or third DP48, each devices output appears +8 channels down the same line so:
      9-10 is Mix A for the 2nd DP48, 17-18 for Mix A of the 3rd device etc.

To route those outputs out of the M32 requires simply assigning the returning AES50 port to the XLR output. For more complex routing where you might like to have a combination of DP48 outputs with desk outputs, check out the User In/Out feature.

It's also worth checking out the Hub 4 which becomes useful for physical outputs of 4 devices on stage and a common channel used for Talkback so all devices can hear. It also allows power over the cable so you don't need a PSU.
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      OneLife Thank you.
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      OneLife But on the M32C i could only use M32-Edit for Patching, but it dosent show me the XLR out if i online on the M32C only if i dont online.
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      OneLife I have the latest versions on all things
      • January 25, 2021
    • OneLife
      DanielPaine What stage box are you using for inputs and outputs? Which XLR's you need the DP48 to go to?
      • January 25, 2021
  • New
    ChrisRChurch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-07

The default processing order (PO) on a given channel is

1)gain,

2) dynamics,

3) insert,

4) EQ and then

5) fader.

The default Tap Off Point (TOP) is ordered

1) post filter,

2) post EQ,

3) post insert,

4) post dynamics

5) end of chain

It's great you can choose the order you want for the processing order, but I can't see where to change the order of the Tap Off Point to match the processing order. 

If out of sync, you get interesting results (if you choose TOP post EQ with the default PO, the insert and dynamics will impact the signal because they come before EQ in the default PO).  If you change the processing order to match the Tap Off Points it works as expected, but the TOP default order is not a typical way to process a channel.

Is there a way to change the TOP order to match PO for a given strip?

read more...
    0 22
  • mross
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-06

Have a question..

I'm trying to remove the USB card on my M32R does anyone know what size and type of screwdriver I will need? Is it Hex or Touque?

Thanks

0 105
    • mross
      Paul_Vannatto On my X32, its a Philips (star).
      • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Interesting I tried a star bit and it didn't work
        • August 6, 2020
    • mross
      GaryHiggins M32’s use Torx, can’t remember the size but it’s a common one. EDIT: It’s a T10, I just tried one.
      • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        Paul_Vannatto Thanks Gary
        • August 6, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Thanks as well Gary
        • August 7, 2020
    • mross
      Dale_M Should be a T10 standard across the range, you can always use an allen key as a workaround if you don't have the torx bits.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Midas M32R
        mross Thanks Dale
        • ·
        • August 7, 2020
  • New
    Dawgstar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-26

Hello,

I use the Midas M32 as a console for my studio, and I have 3 headphone amps that I use through AUX 1,2 & 3.

I want to be able to send verb,delay effects to AUX 1,2 & 3 for the performers, but I don't want to hear the effects in my control room.

I hope that makes sense and is a clear description of my issue. I hear the effects through the headphone amps plus the control room speakers. I want the dry signal to come to control room speakers and the wet signal to go to my headphone amps for the performers. 

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate any help.

read more...
    0 64
    • Dawgstar
      DaveMorrison Add the effects (eg. FX1L and/or FX1R) to the headphone mixbusses (via SOF). You can unassigned those FX from the LR bus or change the sends to pre-fader and turn down the level going the LR bus.
      • November 25, 2020
  • New
    Jterrio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-29

Can anyone help me source replacement channel buttons "Pro LCD switch" for a Pro2. I've submitted a parts request already (CAS-576578-R4P7L8) with no response for over a week. The US dealers I've talked (almost 3 weeks ago) have also not been able to help. 

read more...
    0 14
  • New
    soundfangled
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-01

Midas are busy and probably understaffed, so my ticket is taking some time to process. I have the ability to fix this issue, I just need a help indentifying the spare part.

Does anyone have the official service manual or can tell me what this ribbon is?

I've attached an image.

I need the ribbon by X6 on the UserCtrl PCB - it's become unseated and needs replacing.

Please help, I have a tour coming up and this is going to financially hurt if I cannot fix.

read more...
    0 37
    • soundfangled
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle with Music Tribe here. Could you please provide your Case number?
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      eeeee if they dont sort you out a free replacement you can easy buy a soldering iron and some heatshrink sleeving. fix will take 30 seconds.
      • Feb 1
    • soundfangled
      soundfangled

Still no response from Midas.

• Feb 8
  • Artsan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-12

Hi Guys, Im barely getting started to know this mixer and i have not been able to use thee wifi client. i followed indications and videos on youtube regarding connecting via ethernet and inputing the WLAN info, closing the app and turning off the mixer. When i turn it back on it does not detect the mixer unless i plug in the ethernet cable or switch to access point. Any suggestions reegarding this?

Wish they would come up with a new firmware that allows to control the mixer via the usb cable since i am already connected to my laptop for DAW

read more...
    0 355
    • Artsan
      GaryHiggins Hello, so you have made your Wifi settings while you were actually connected to the MR18 in access point mode? Which software are you using to set things up?
      • September 13, 2020
      • MR18 unable to connect to WIFI Client
        Artsan Hi Gary, i have tried it both ways, while on access point and connected to Ethernet. I am using M-Air Edit on a Mac laptop. My steps were: 1: connect via ethernet or access point (connect successful). 2: on the WLAN tab input my network name and password selecting WPA2 and hit apply. 3: Quit the app, turn off the mixer. 4: Change the remote button to wifi client, turn on the mixer, start the app back up again. After this nothing happens the app stays in searching for a mixer. When i check the WLAN tab my network info is still there.
        • September 14, 2020
    • Artsan
      Paul_Vannatto Regarding your question about the mixer control via USB, that will not be possible. The X-Air and X32 is externally controlled using the OSC protocol, which sends/receives commands via ethernet (UDP) only (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Sound_Control)
      • September 13, 2020
    • Artsan
      DavidStackhouse Arturo, are you using an external router? I had an issue connecting with an external router... spent many hours trying to figure it out with the help of some good folks here. In the end it turned out to be something stupid - I had plugged the ethernet cable from the MR18 to the internet port on the router. It's supposed to go into one of the ethernet ports. As soon as I made the switch it worked like a charm.
      • September 14, 2020
      • MR18 unable to connect to WIFI Client
        Artsan Hi David, yes im using an external router and i am able to connect through the router and access point just not through the wifi client mode which i need. Once i am connected through one of those options I input my networks info on the WLAN tab and then switch to wifi client and it wont connect
        • September 14, 2020
  • New
    WallyFargo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Hey all,

I just updated M32 edit to 4.2 and it is ridiculously slow to respond. I have Mojave 10.14.6 OS. How can I revert back to M32 Edit 4.1? My M32
    R console is at v4.04.1. Or is there another solution to my dilema?

Thanks!!

Wally

read more...
    0 287
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins Just uninstall it, download the earlier version then install it instead.
      • February 26, 2021
      • M32 edit on Mac - Revert back to 4.1
        WallyFargo Hi Gary, I should have included the fact that I don’t know where I can get the previous version. I couldn’t find it on the download page. Can you direct me to where I can get it?
        • February 26, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      DaveMorrison You can install multiple copies on the same computer. I've had two versions of X32-Edit and one version of M32-Edit on the same computer (I never tried to run them simultaneously). You really don't have to revert. I like to rename the app with the version number (e.g. X32-Edit 4.1) to make it clear what I'm launching. Do you still have 4.1?
      • February 26, 2021
        WallyFargo Hi Dave, I do not have 4.1. Good point though on the multiple copies. Thanks
        • February 26, 2021
        DaveMorrison This new website has lots of problems, one of which is the "Show Legacy Versions" button doesn't work for the M32. It might work next week—it might never work. Other users might have a copy. I have the Behringer version if you need it (it's the same).
        • February 26, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins Im sure I have it if you still want a copy, let me know...and like Dave I have several versions installed, X/M versions to use 2 at once without becoming confused.
      • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo Thank you Gary and Dave!!! I've been away from mixing on my Mac for a while, guess I just needed another set of eyes. The X32 edit seems to be working just fine with V4.2. Gary - If I did want to get M32 edit V4.1, how could I get that from you? This will teach me not to be so quick to replace/trash apps, I guess. Thanks again!!!
        • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo So much for that, now X32 is acting up. It's 3-4 seconds behind. I'd really like to get my hands on a V4.0 or 4.1. My previous X32 edit is 3.2 and that won't work with the console. Thanks!
        • February 27, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      GaryHiggins I’ll post a link, but I can’t do it till I’m at my pc later (iPad now) I will send it in this thread, just click and download...
      • February 27, 2021
    • WallyFargo
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest you check your ethernet/wifi connection to the M32
      • February 27, 2021
        WallyFargo Hi Paul, thanks for bringing that up!! I have been using a several year old WiFi extender and just today went out and purchased a new one. No real improvement. I'm getting 450 Mbps download speeds on the computer in my studio.
        • February 28, 2021
        GaryHiggins were you able to set up 4.1 or 3.2?
        • March 1, 2021
  • New
    RobertoBarillas
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-07-11

Hi there,

Is there a way to delete the information of a single user from the console? instead of all

Also, I found a bug in 1.20 regarding mute groups. When calling a version 1.18 show file the mute groups don't respond.

read more...
    0 7
    • RobertoBarillas
      soundmandan

On the login screen, the 'edit profile' button appears when that user is signed in. Within this menu you can delete the profile. There is a restriction on deleting users that are not signed in to avoid users being kicked out of the console. The team are looking into managing this process better in future developments. We're aware of the caveats. Thanks for identifying the mute group issue. It will be raised with the team to look into.

• Jul 13
  • DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-31

Hello all.

Working to enhance a live-webcast application in our church. Our setup is:

Sanctuary:
       M32 with all sources connected to LocalIn1-32 & AuxIn1-5
       Plans for addition of DL16 connected via AES50 to this console for stage flexibility
       All house PA and IEM monitors run from this console

Webcast Room
       M32R with no local inputs or outputs
       Output to WebCast Mac via ch1-2 of USB mapped from L-R
       ***imminent future*** replace M32R with M32C

AES50 connex:
       M32[A] <> [B]M32R
       ***imminent future** DL16[A] <> [B]M32[A] <> [B]M32R

(Sanctuary) M32 AES50 patch
       AuxIn 1-6/T >> AES50[A] 1-8
       UserIn 1-32 >> AES50[A] 9-40
       LocalIn 1-32 >> UserIn 1-32 (for future selectivity of DL16 inputs)

(Webcast) M32R Input Patch
       AES50[B] 1-6 >> AuxIn 1-6
       AES50[B] 9-40 >> Channel 1-32

(Thanks Rex and Paul for their previous help in making this work.)

Hopefully all that makes sense. I really DID NOT want to paste 10 screenshots to create a 1.5m long post. ;-)

Now my questions.

1. We have (Sanctuary) M32 TalkBack [A] mapped to all IEM monitors buses in that same console.  Is there a way to get (WebCast) M32R talkback to M32_TB[A] or these same M32 buses so the WebCast tech can communicate with the stage talent?  For clarity, we need to retain the ability for the (Sanctuary) M32 tech to TB to the IEM buses.

2. What is the purpose of the PreAmps screen in M32_Edit/Setup?  Looking at both the M32 and M32R screens they appear to be exactly the same.  I thought the HA gains were set in M32 and that M32R had no control of HA gain.  What am I missing regarding /Setup/Preamps?

3. On the same M32_Edit/Setup/Preamps screen, what is
        Global_Options-Lock_Stagebox ?
        Global_Options-HA_Gain_Split ?
        HA_Remote-AES5-_Port_A or Port_B ?
    and how will these options function differently on the (Sanctuary) M32 vs the (Webcast) M32R?

4. Of the settings selected in M32_Edit/Setup, which become part of a scene file created from that console?
        \Connection ?
        \Mixer ?
        \GUI Prefs ?
        \Midi Control ?
        \Preamps ?
        \Card ?

5. Of the settings selected in M32_Edit/Routing, which become part of a scene file created from that console?
        \Inputs ?
        \AES50 ?
        \Card ?
        \XLR ?
        \Out 1-16 ?
        \Aux Out ?
        \Ultranet ?
        \IQ Setup ?
        \User In ?
        \User Out ?

Sorry for the marathon post. Thanx in advance for your sage assistance.
    Dwayne A

read more...
    0 61
    • DwayneAasberg
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dwayne, I responded to your Linkin message the other day. For your questions here, I'll try and answer as best as this forum interface will allow.

1. For the TB, I'll need to study current setup (It's been awhile since we set that up) and advise later.
      2. The preamp page shows the the headamp settings (gain and phantom) for the local and AES50 A and B. Normally the console closest to the preamps (located at the XLR jacks) have control, unless that console relinquishes control using the HA Remote settings.
      3. The Lock Stagebox remotely locks an S16 or DL16 front panel (from busy fingers). As far as I know, it works on the console directly connected to the stagebox (via AES50). The HA Gain Split provides each console in the eco-system digital trims on their channel strips instead of gains. When that is enabled, the physical preamp control will be only at the Setup, preamp screen of the console that has HA control. The HA Remote I explained in point 2.
      4. Only the headamp settings (gain and phantom) are included in the scene file (at the very end of the file).
      5. All sections are included in the scene file.
      • August 30, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg Hi Paul.
      Okay, thank you.

1. TB. Any help you can eventually offer will be appreciated.
      2. The Preamp page also appears to have setting for the local inputs on the M32. I had taken it as a given that if the M32R was using M32 inputs, the M32 would have control of the gain. I have noted that there is a 'Trim' on the M32R even though HA Split is not set. I may need to actually play with these settings at the church.
      3. Okay.
      4. Okay.
      5. Okay.

Thx again for your help.
      Dwayne A
      • August 31, 2020
      • Tonne-o-M32 questions
        Paul_Vannatto For #2, trim will appear on a console if it relinquishes control of the headamp (gain and phantom) by setting the HA Remote.
        • September 1, 2020
Go to page