Statistics

289,865 members
172,429 posts
  • New
    jbsounds
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-14

Hey,

We've got a Midas Pro2 at our FOH position for our theater and a DL251 on stage. I want to integrate the DP48s into this system for when we are doing musicals and have our orchestras present, what is the best way to do this?

0 208
    • jbsounds
      GaryHiggins I'm speaking out of place here as I only wish I had a Pro2...or a DL251 :-) ...that said the DP48's only run on 44/48k clock so you would need to be able to do that with the Pro2, it may be able I don't know. Second the DL251 can't do pass thru that I am aware so you would probably need to have the option of a dedicated aes50 line to the DP48's. I don't think the DL251- even though the DP48's (edit: and Hub4) DO have a thru port-can receive from the DP48 (edit: or Hub4) either. if it can that would be a way to do it. If the Pro2 has a second (not redundant) aes50 line then that would probably be the best way to connect the DP's. On the Midas M32 for instance you have 2 ports so you could dedicate a line just for the DP48 if you wanted. My 2 cents, someone who knows the Pro2 in and out may be able to better direct you.
      • November 13, 2020
    • jbsounds
      DanielPaine Hi Joe.

In short, currently the only way to convert the Pro Series to DP48 is to downsample to 48kHz using a KT-AES50 CM-1 card with either a KT DN9650 or Neutron (for the Pro X). Unfortunately the DP connection can not pass through Pro series stage box connections (Like M32 Series). So you would have to run another AES50 line from a DN9650 connected to the console.

A couple of things to note: Once the signal is converted from 96 to 48kHz you can still use the Hub 4 to distribute the DP48's and also daisy chain.
      The Pro Series software does not allow the transmission of name/groups etc. This would have to be done by the Master DP48 which can be broadcast to all slave devices.

Connection to Pro series and HD has been highly requested, so the idea of a Pro compatible Hub is being discussed. I'm afraid I can't comment on the timing of this concept. The KT-AES50 card in a DN9650 is the solution for now. Hope this helps
      • November 17, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 FOH, DL251 on stage, want to add HUB4 and DP48
        jbsounds Let's supposed I had a DN9650 with a KTDante64 card installed... If I'm only running two AES50 cables from the Pro2 to the DN9650, could I use the AES50 3 port on the DN9650 to run AES50 at 48k to the HUB4?
        • December 1, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 FOH, DL251 on stage, want to add HUB4 and DP48
        DanielPaine In theory yes because the Dante card can route/loop the signal back through the AES50 ports. There are some caveats: 64 channels of CM-1/Dante are mapped over the 3 AES50 ports: 1-24,25-48 & 49-64 irrespective of the sample rate of aes50 (i.e. at 48 or 96khz port 1 & 2 each handle 24ch. Port 3 handles 16). This means you can only access 16 channels on port 3 for DP48 connection. I'm also unable to 100% confirm that this works because of clock settings... But I can confirm that I have successfully played back 16ch from dante to 2 x Pro Series consoles and 1 x M32 suggesting it does work. I just can't remember the settings. sorry. Hope this helps though
        • ·
        • December 2, 2020
    • jbsounds
      DanielPaine I noticed you also posted the same question in a different space in the community. Nigel made an interesting suggest of a M32C or X32C with dante card. You could take the DN9650 and Dante to connect to a dante card of the M32/X32. This gives the benefit of not only providing 2 aes50 ports for DP48 connection, but you can use the m32 edit to do track names/groups (which you can push to DP48 devices). On top of this you can do additional processing like EQ and FX. freeing up dsp on your pro 2 for just foh
      • December 2, 2020
  • New
    reggie1024
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Hey,

My m32 console is under warranty but everytime i fill out the form on here it never loads. I only get the spinning wheel in the middle of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this or is there any other way i could get this done?

Thank you

read more...
    0 54
    • reggie1024
      KyleJohnson Hi Reggie, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I'd try clearing your cache and cookies, and try a different web browser if you can.
      • January 27, 2021
  • New
    JHAYWARD86
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-09

Hi, 

So my current setup is M32r at foh and M32c for monitors which share a DL32 stage box. 

Currently have the M32c setup as master on stage as I need to use the outputs on the DL32 to run mons. 

Is there a way though I can set up a talkback at FOH that can be routed to those outputs so the band can hear me? 

Many thanks 

read more...
    0 302
    • JHAYWARD86
      Paul_Vannatto The only way to get talkback from FOH to the M32C is to put the M32C in between the FOH and DL32. It is not possible doing the way you have it setup, due to the fact that when the DL32 senses a console is connected to the AES50 B port, it outputs the DL32 inputs to that port. Therefore the signals from the FOH is unavailable.
      • August 9, 2021
    • JHAYWARD86
      KevinMaxwell I assume that you are able to assign outputs of the M32R and or the M32Core to the DL32. I have to figure out how to do that.

I am not sure if this will work but a work around might be to make an output of the M32r on the DL32 be your talk back and then with a short XLR cable plug that into an input on the DL32 and assign that on the M32core to the monitor mixes that you want it on.
      • August 9, 2021
    • JHAYWARD86
      Paul_Vannatto Reviewing the DL32 QSG (page 10), there is a way to send FOH talkback via DL32 to M32C, if you are not using the Ultranet (for P16, etc.). Banks 5 and 6 (33-48) do in fact pass through from AES50 A to B. So here is the routing to make it work.

FOH, Routing, User Out screen
      * Output 1 -> Talkback 1 (part of AuxIn bank)
      * Output 2 -> Talkback 2 (part of AuxIn bank)
      FOH, Routing, AES50 A (or B depending on which port you are using) screen
      * Outputs 33-40 -> UserOut 1-8

M32C, Routing, User In screen
      * Input 1 -> AES50 A33 (or B33 depending on which port you are using)
      * Input 2 -> AES50 A34 (or B33 depending on which port you are using)
      M32, Routing, Inputs screen
      * AuxIn Remap -> User In 1-2

This will put FOH talkback 1/2 as inputs to M32C Aux 1/2, which can then be sent to the various buses.
      • August 9, 2021
      • Running talkback from foh when using a DL32 as digital split
        KevinMaxwell I had forgotten that in this install the X32 has 2 EtherCon cables going to the stage from FOH. One is going from the X32 AES50a to one of the SD16 stage boxes and the other is going from the X32 AES50b to the other SD16. Both of those are being replaced with the DL32. BTW we already have the DL32 and the X32Rack and the P16D we just haven’t installed it all yet. I was wondering if there is any advantage to using the second EtherCon from the X32 to the X32Rack and I don’t know if this would even work. I assume that would be from ASE50b to AES50b since that would be the only AES50 connections left to use. I don’t want to daisy chain from the DL32 to the X32Rack to the X32 at FOH. I want the DL32 to act as a splitter. Would this second EtherCon hooked up from AES50b to AES50b give me any more routing options from the X32 at FOH to the X32Rack?

Just to give you as much information as possible that might be helpful there will still be about 4 of the P16-M that come from the P16D that is fed from the FOH X32 and maybe one that comes from the X32Rack. All of the mixes off of the X32Rack will be IEMs (mostly wireless) and most controlled using Mixing Station. I am working on a very user friendly way to make that work by using IDCAs.

This routing question is not for the Talk Back they won’t be using that at all. They have had that capability but never got used to using it. This is so that I can route the Vocal Mix Bus from the X32 to the X32 rack. And I just found out their backing tracks and click are going to be moved from the drummers control to start things to the FOH control. I don’t think that this is a good idea and have told them so. So that means I also need to get that from FOH X32 to the X32Rack. I can actually hard wire all of these things if I want to or have to because there is a snake from stage to FOH that at the moment is only used for returns to the house speakers and the wedges. I will probably switch that over to the DL32 outputs. Or I can just use the DL32 outputs for this and hard-wire them to the X32Rack inputs. I will probably be using the Aux inputs for this.

When this system was last put in there already was an analog snake in place and also 3 different churches used this building to meet and at least one of them used the analog sake for their inputs. There are now only 2 different churches meeting there and they share almost everything. The each had their own scene that they would recall for their service, but I am not sure if that is happening any more.

This is actually a much smaller church then you would think. I think it seats less than or around 200.

I hope I haven’t hijacked the OPs thread too much, I figured it was along the line of the same basic routing questions.
        • August 14, 2021
    • JHAYWARD86
      JHAYWARD86

Thanks for the detailed answer, I'll give this a go!

• August 9, 2021
  • New
    an2nyrobles
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-29

Hi Guys!

this is my first post here.

I would like to ask if how long midas service center can repair/replace parts? 

1. Just serviced my m32 today and they dont know when the mcu will be available. 

2. One friend is currently waiting for m32 mcu replacement for 2 months

3. other friend is waiting for months as well for Dl32 repair. 

December is the most awaited months in 1 year to make profit but our equipment is not yet ready and waiting for repair. 

Thank you in advance!

Anthony

read more...
    0 22
    • an2nyrobles
      Midas12 Good luck buddy. Service has had my Midas Verona since April of this year. I have not gotten a single reply from Esteban the service manager in over 7 months. I've opened case after case. I also have several other units that need repair too.
      • November 30, 2021
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-01-02

I had a gig NYE and I noticed that my board clock was not not accurate?  It showed about 15 minutes slow, that was a first?  The mixer is about 6 years old, give or take.  I am wondering if there is an internal battery that occasionally needs replacing?  A quick look at the manual did not show anything or a replacement proceedure.  Any help would be appreciated.  TIA

read more...
    0 25
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Yes the clock uses an internal battery (CR2032).
      • Jan 2
      • M32R  Battery?
        MarkNorgren Thanks Paul! Any instructions on the best way to get at it? Will that void any warranty? Why is it that there is no documentation on replacing?
        • Jan 3
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Mark, very good question about the lack of instructions, which many of us have been asking for years (the Wing doesn't even have a full manual yet) and the trend seems to be getting worse, not better. I personally have not had to change my battery (yet). So I can't provide instructions. But I do believe there are a few YouTube videos about dismantling the X32 and possibly the M32. The battery is internal and I think it is located on one of the daughter boards. Sorry that I can't be much more help.
      • Jan 3
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren

Thanks Paul! I'm hoping someone from MIdas sees this question and answers it. I don't want to open it up and find out that the warranty is void! I could not find anything on YouTube, but I'll look again.

• Jan 3
  • 12Indeed
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-29

I figured out how to record audio from my Midas M32 to my DAW(Cakewalk) but now I need help with hearing my recording back through my mixer to my speakers. What do I do? 

0 46
    • 12Indeed
      GaryHiggins What firmware are you using? There are routing assignments based on play/record positions in the routing input section. What you end up wanting for playback is (in most cases) “card” 1-32 in groups of 8 for your playback routing.
      • September 29, 2020
  • New
    TroyKrueger
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-13

Hi, could someone confirm on a midas M32, firmware 4 or above that you can store a snippet with the master L/R fader at 0.0 and when it is loaded it puts that master fader back at 0.0?

I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Troy

read more...
    0 73
    • TroyKrueger
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Troy, I just tested a snippet to zero Main LR on both the X32 and X32-Edit and it works file. What version of firmware 4 are you using? Make sure you have updated to the latest (4.04). Also make sure you don't have any snippet safes enabled.
      • December 13, 2020
      • M32 Snippet to store L/R Master Fader Level - doesn't work?
        TroyKrueger Thanx Paul, I’ll update the firmware (it’s currently 4.02 or 3... not there now- but it’s not 4.04 for sure) and report back. I can also confirm there are no safes enabled and also that a snapshot also does not change the master fader . Cheers
        • December 13, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The Wing uses snapshots (which are similar to M32 Scenes). I thought you were using a snippet. If you export the snippet to a file does it look like this?

#4.0# "Main to Zero" 0 0 0 0 1
        /main/st/mix/fader +0.0
        • December 13, 2020
        TroyKrueger I will check the snippet I have, in the mean time I can confirm that even after updating firmware to 4.04, when storing a snapshot with the master fader at 0, recalling that snapshot does not restore the master fader to 0, and confirming that there are no 'safes' or 'ignores' in the settings.
        • December 30, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Troy, as I mentioned before, snapshots are not part of the X32 terminology. It saves/loads scenes and snippets. I can assure you that the snippet I provided does indeed move the Main LR master fader to 0 db.

One other thing to clear up, 0 db is the setting about 2/3 the way up on the fader, not all the way down. Hopefully that is what you are referring to.
        • December 30, 2020
  • New
    djexit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-04

Hi everyone, I need some guidance.

I work for a church that is buying a broadcast van for live streaming of services. They want to use MADI to feed the truck the inputs.

Gear

S32 , M32 Monitor Console (Fed from S32 AES50-A), P16's (fed from Mon), FOH Console (Fed from Mon via AES50-b port)

The main hub of the set-up is the Monitor console as it takes the 24 inputs from the S32 via AES50-A and shares it with the FOH console via AES50-B. I also have P16's being fed from the MON console via AES50-A. I also have 6 LOCAL inputs into the FOH console.

How do I get all inputs (24 from stage + 6 local FOH inputs) to a broadcast van VIA MADI? I know I will need a madi card, I'm assuming it will just be in the MON console as thats the central I/O for the set-up

Both Monitor/Foh consoles are physcially close to eachother so it is possible to plug in those 6 FOH inputs into the Mon console but I'd have to patch them back to the FOH console.

I'm not sure if all the spliting and virtual patching is possible.

Please advise. 

read more...
    0 47
    • djexit
      Paul_Vannatto Yes it can be done. I would suggest that you install the Madi card into the FOH console, since the routing is much simpler to the Madi card. On the Routing, Card screen assign AES50 B1-8, 9-16, 17-24 to the first 3 banks of 8 and Local 1-8 for the 4th bank of 8 (assuming you are using the first 6 Local inputs).
      • June 4, 2021
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-04

This was a very interesting video from Dave Rat.  Thought people here may enjoy it.

M32 and the X32

0 17
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Interesting that he doesn't show them back together and working at the end. Hopefully he won't have warranty issues with that "borrowed" M32.
      • Feb 4
  • New
    zoleeon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

Hi everyone!

I would like to control my MR12 from my Kurzweil Forte keyboard, and for this I need the MSB and LSB numbers for this unit. Is anyone who has the full midi implementation for this unit? I would like to change also the midi channel that receives the midi messages for this unit.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 105
    • zoleeon
      RexBeckett Hi Zoltan, the Midi channels for the MR12 cannot be changed. It is hard-coded to use channels 1, 2 & 3. The Midi messages to which it will respond are shown here: https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=8._MIDI
      • October 30, 2020
      • Midas MR12 midi control
        zoleeon Thank you Rex! This implementation is already in the owner manual of the Midas mr12. And good(or bad) to know that there is no way to change the receive channels on this unit.
        • October 30, 2020
        RexBeckett In case it is not clear, X-Air mixers do not use bank switching. If they receive Midi Bank Select messages on channel 1, they are interpreted as fader values for channel 1 and DCA 1. This is not normally a problem if Bank Selects are sent as a precursor to a Program Change as the new Snapshot will usually overwrite the erroneous fader values. It can be a problem if partial-scope Snapshots are recalled.
        • October 30, 2020
        zoleeon Thank you for clearing this up. Anyway I gave up to control it from Forte, because there were 2 more units controlled by it, and it was kind of messing up things in those 2 units. Long story short I programmed a roland A-300 pro to do the basic jobs for mr12, and it is working perfectly. Maybe I'll look after some smaller controller, later on. Thanks again, and wish you the best
        • October 30, 2020
    • zoleeon
      bongkyou Hello?
      I am a Korean midas m32 user.
      This is Bong-Gyu Lee, CEO of Sejin Event Planning.
      Jitter noise occurs when using the waves plug-in after the latest firmware 4.03 update.
      The jitter noise disappeared by reverting to 4.02 after finding the problem.
      Please solve the problem
      Thank you.
      For reference, when will Hirtej D be released?
      • November 2, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto What has this got to do with the OP of this discussion (MR12 midi control)? Please delete your post and start a new discussion.
        • November 2, 2020
Go to page