Statistics

289,867 members
172,433 posts
  • New
    charlesstrick
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-06-21

Is there a way to pad a input channel on the m32 ?

1 69
    • charlesstrick
      Paul_Vannatto Which inputs are you using, the XLR or Aux In and what source do you have that requires additional padding? The preamps in the XLR jacks have a -12 to +60 db gain range and the Aux In inputs have a -18 to 18 db digital trim which should suffice for most input signals. If you have something like a speaker signal, you could use a DI (such as the Behringer DI100) with its two 20db pads.
      • June 21, 2021
      • gain pad
        charlesstrick inputs are on my dl16 xlr my problem is always a keys player that keeps turning up his gain on his keyboard to boost his combo amp to the point of clipping my preamp with gain all the way down. I try to explain what he is doing to the input, that helps for about one song. won't use a floor wedge never have that problem with female key players
        • June 21, 2021
    • charlesstrick
      Paul_Vannatto The Behringer DI100 has two 20db pads, which in theory can drop speaker output level to mic level. If the keyboard output is stereo, get 2 of them. The other solution is to tell the band to get a replacement keyboardist (yup, I've done that).
      • June 21, 2021
    • charlesstrick
      charlesstrick thanks Paul , Next time i will suggest the hot looking female replacement option,
      • June 21, 2021
      • gain pad
        Paul_Vannatto Maybe that's the problem - she's too hot - output signal and otherwise...
        • June 21, 2021
  • New
    TwinTurboz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-08

Ive been using bus sends for musician monitoring while recording which works fine.  But it ties up many sends.  I finally picked up a Midas DP48 to play with.  My question is,  How do I send individual DAW tracks to the Midas DP48.  I want to record bands, but use my "go to" vst plugin effects and send that wet signal to the DP48 for musician monitoring.  Would I utilize the User Ins/Outs ?  Just choose "User In" and select "Card 1-32" ?  Will that send those DAW channels to the DP48 ?

read more...
    0 45
    • TwinTurboz
      Paul_Vannatto The DP48 gets its signals from the AES50 (A or B) feed. So whatever you want to send to the DP48 needs to be done on the Routing, AES50 screen. If for example, you have the DP48 connected to the AES50 B port of the M32, assign the Card banks to whatever you want to send to the DP48 on the Routing, AES50 screen (AES50 B1-8 to 41-48)
      • July 7, 2021
    • TwinTurboz
      TwinTurboz

Thanks Paul. On another scenario. Say I wanted to utilize the Midas onboard "Gate" on each channel being fed to the musicians. Can I set the tap points on the DP48 to be "post effects" but pre fader ? Sorry if the questions seem stupid, but Im slowly learning how to utilize the Midas. Im probably over thinking everything. I have six musician feeds set through stereo bus sends (I posted on that a year or so ago and you helped). But like the idea of freeing up those busses. But want to tap each channel going to the Midas DP48 either at the DAW channel out or tap after the Midas onboard channel effects. Thanks

• July 8, 2021
    • TwinTurboz
      TwinTurboz

Forgot to add. Everything I have read point that AES50 tap the signal before onboard effects (at the preamp) Am I wrong ?

• July 8, 2021
  • New
    ralonzo32
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-04

I seem to only have control using main volume control. Not sure why I can't control the individual channels volume.

0 48
    • ralonzo32
      Nigel67 Hi ralonzo32. Are you only sending audio from the inputs to main outputs, i.e you are not sending any audio to busses. If so, could it be that you have the mixer in fader flip mode. The faders in this mode turn into bus level sends, but if you do not have any audio going to busses you will not notice any audio changes and also pulling the faders down will not affect the main mix send. I would try initialising the mixer (not a factory reset)(save your showfile if needed) and then send an input to the main outs and see if the fader controls the audio. If not, can you send a copy of the show file and we can look further at the issue.
      • Jan 4
  • New
    Markbaker
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-05

The Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer Handbook is finally complete and available. 

it is applicable to the Behringer XR16, XR18, and MIDAS MR16, MR18.  

More details here

Avaikable from Amazon - worldwide. 

read more...
    2 93
  • New
    Jsidoti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

How do I start a ticket to replace some encoders? Have a Pro 2 with ghosting on gain, high pass, low pass, eq, dynamics, aux sends etc. I don't suppose a software update would change anything?

0 50
    • Jsidoti
      DavidKnighton Hello Jsidoti,
      The issue is going to be hardware related, not software. The actual encoders will need replacing. Click the SUPPORT tab at the top of this page, then scroll down and click SERVICE REQUEST to submit a ticket.
      • January 28, 2021
  • New
    jknutz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-16

All my jacks on my new m32r live are dead. Can't any input on the aux in. No output on the aux out. And a constant hum on the monitor and phones out. Updated - downgraded and updated firmware again to no Succes. Triple checked my routing. 
    what am I missing or is it just a faulty board? 

read more...
    0 44
    • jknutz
      Dale_M Hi there can you advise if this is a new console? Has this worked previously? I would recommend creating a Technical ticket from the Support tab above so we can assist you.
      • March 16, 2021
    • jknutz
      KevinMaxwell You may be missing something. We might be able to tell you what is wrong if we can take a look at your scene. You can upload it here but only in the post that you start. You can edit the first post in this thread. Copy the scene from your mixer to a thumb drive and then put the thumb drive in your computer and then go to edit your post and you will see a place to upload a file on here. It only works for the person that starts a thread and you have to do it in the post that you started a thread in.

Let us know if you need any more help in how to do this.
      • March 16, 2021
  • New
    rwpotter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

As a keyboard player who is also running the monitor and FOH mixes.  I'm looking for an easy way to turn the vocal effects OFF while the lead singer is speaking, and ON while he is singing.  Can I map this to a button on my keyboard or to a footswitch somehow?  I see that the MR18 has a midi IN and OUT but I am uncertain how to obtain the desired mapping.  

read more...
    0 184
  • New
    micdim
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-14

On my Mac Pro 5,1 2012 w/Mojve 10.14.6, the newest version of the Midas MR 18 is very slow starting up. I've included an .mp4 showing version 1.6 first, then the much faster version 1.5 second.

Anyone have any toughts on this. It's very annoying and makes no sense to have this happen after a long waited update.

Thank everyone!

read more...
    0 141
    • micdim
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I have sent your report along to our software team and will be back in touch with you via email.
      • February 14, 2021
  • New
    joshdrums
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-24

Hi dear music-lovers,

me and my band are currently using a mr18 for our rehearsals and are very happy with it (easy mixing, monitor setup and recording if wanted...). So yesterday i was chatting with a FOH engineer who is into Behringer tech and we came across the Ultranet feature of the mixers. We had the idea to use the MR18 as a stagebox (for monitor mix only), so the band has the monitor setup in our hands only, and the FOH tech has nothing to do with it. So we would be able to record live shows, if the FOH tech is too lazy or something and could use our presets from the rehearsals as a bese-setting.

Today i searched for the needed settings, but wasnt able to find an "Ultranet In" option in the Routing menu of the MR18. Also there is nothing to find in the manual and elsewhere. I know that the Ultranet feature of the MR18 is thought to be used with the personal stage monitors P16 or so, and that we are able to simply use the features of the FOH mixer, but i find the idea very interesting for myself...

In short: FOH mixer(eg. X32) sends available chanels via Ultranet to MR18, MR18 uses Ultranet as input. Is that possible? Are there other possibilities where we as band are flexible and independet in an similar way?

Thanks for your replies or suggestions :)  

read more...
    0 91
    • joshdrums
      Paul_Vannatto Ultranet on both X32/M32 and X-Air/M-Air consoles are output only. Only the P16 and some Turbosound speakers (eg. iQ10, etc.) have input ports. So what you are wanting to do is not currently possible with the XR18/MR18. An alternative is to upgrade to an X32 Rack.
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      joshdrums Thanks for your Reply. I see that this feature is something for the professional productline. But hopefully there is something in the making to bring this to the smaller products. For my understanding this could be added to the Firmware, maybe that someone could switch the port between Input/Output. But maybe the feature is not wanted in the product.
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      JemPot I'm brand new here but am in a similar environment (XR18, band, Rehearsal monitors, in ears etc).
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      JemPot I thought the app was able to take care of in ear or monitor bus requirements anyway? Or am I off on a tangent?
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      joshdrums

@JemPot yeah you are a bit off. The Mr18 stand-alone works just fine With all its features and the App. Im looking for a Solution in a live environment where i have the signal of the instruments in my mr18 and in the FOH Mixer. Therefor i thought about the behringer ultranet, Bit this seems not to be possible

• October 24, 2021
  • New
    Chifyjay
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-19

Hi there, I purchased an MD - 16 digital mixer and I've had problems connecting it to my PC in my home recording studio. How do I connect an MD 16 digital mixer to a PC and record vocals through a DAW (Cubase)?

read more...
    0 67
    • Chifyjay
      DavidKnighton Hi Chifyjay,
      Do you mean Midas DM16? I'm not aware of a MD-16 Digital Mixer from Music Tribe, and a Google search of the product yielded few results. The Midas DM16 however is an analog mixer. This mixer has no USB options, so you need to use an external interface if you want to record into a PC. Please let me know if I misunderstood.
      • May 19, 2021
Go to page