shu2900
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-17
    0 12
  • New
    rwpotter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

As a keyboard player who is also running the monitor and FOH mixes.  I'm looking for an easy way to turn the vocal effects OFF while the lead singer is speaking, and ON while he is singing.  Can I map this to a button on my keyboard or to a footswitch somehow?  I see that the MR18 has a midi IN and OUT but I am uncertain how to obtain the desired mapping.  

read more...
    0 192
  • New
    micdim
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-14

On my Mac Pro 5,1 2012 w/Mojve 10.14.6, the newest version of the Midas MR 18 is very slow starting up. I've included an .mp4 showing version 1.6 first, then the much faster version 1.5 second.

Anyone have any toughts on this. It's very annoying and makes no sense to have this happen after a long waited update.

Thank everyone!

read more...
    0 143
    • micdim
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I have sent your report along to our software team and will be back in touch with you via email.
      • February 14, 2021
  • New
    joshdrums
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-24

Hi dear music-lovers,

me and my band are currently using a mr18 for our rehearsals and are very happy with it (easy mixing, monitor setup and recording if wanted...). So yesterday i was chatting with a FOH engineer who is into Behringer tech and we came across the Ultranet feature of the mixers. We had the idea to use the MR18 as a stagebox (for monitor mix only), so the band has the monitor setup in our hands only, and the FOH tech has nothing to do with it. So we would be able to record live shows, if the FOH tech is too lazy or something and could use our presets from the rehearsals as a bese-setting.

Today i searched for the needed settings, but wasnt able to find an "Ultranet In" option in the Routing menu of the MR18. Also there is nothing to find in the manual and elsewhere. I know that the Ultranet feature of the MR18 is thought to be used with the personal stage monitors P16 or so, and that we are able to simply use the features of the FOH mixer, but i find the idea very interesting for myself...

In short: FOH mixer(eg. X32) sends available chanels via Ultranet to MR18, MR18 uses Ultranet as input. Is that possible? Are there other possibilities where we as band are flexible and independet in an similar way?

Thanks for your replies or suggestions :)  

read more...
    0 140
    • joshdrums
      Paul_Vannatto Ultranet on both X32/M32 and X-Air/M-Air consoles are output only. Only the P16 and some Turbosound speakers (eg. iQ10, etc.) have input ports. So what you are wanting to do is not currently possible with the XR18/MR18. An alternative is to upgrade to an X32 Rack.
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      joshdrums Thanks for your Reply. I see that this feature is something for the professional productline. But hopefully there is something in the making to bring this to the smaller products. For my understanding this could be added to the Firmware, maybe that someone could switch the port between Input/Output. But maybe the feature is not wanted in the product.
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      JemPot I'm brand new here but am in a similar environment (XR18, band, Rehearsal monitors, in ears etc).
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      JemPot I thought the app was able to take care of in ear or monitor bus requirements anyway? Or am I off on a tangent?
      • October 24, 2021
    • joshdrums
      joshdrums

@JemPot yeah you are a bit off. The Mr18 stand-alone works just fine With all its features and the App. Im looking for a Solution in a live environment where i have the signal of the instruments in my mr18 and in the FOH Mixer. Therefor i thought about the behringer ultranet, Bit this seems not to be possible

• October 24, 2021
  • New
    Chifyjay
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-19

Hi there, I purchased an MD - 16 digital mixer and I've had problems connecting it to my PC in my home recording studio. How do I connect an MD 16 digital mixer to a PC and record vocals through a DAW (Cubase)?

read more...
    0 69
    • Chifyjay
      DavidKnighton Hi Chifyjay,
      Do you mean Midas DM16? I'm not aware of a MD-16 Digital Mixer from Music Tribe, and a Google search of the product yielded few results. The Midas DM16 however is an analog mixer. This mixer has no USB options, so you need to use an external interface if you want to record into a PC. Please let me know if I misunderstood.
      • May 19, 2021
  • New
    lufebatera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

Hi Everybody,

I bought a M32C recently and I want to use on my DAW (Reaper) but not getting the RAW channels, I want to get the full EQ, gated, compressed individual channel from the M32c...its possible? So far, Im getting all the individual channels separated, but all PRE-EQ.

thank you!

read more...
    0 22
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto You need to first assign the channel strips using the Routing, Out 1-16, Ultranet or Aux Out screens (eg. DirOut Ch 1) and change the taps (eg Post EQ). Then assign those blocks of 8 to the Routing, Card screen.
      • Feb 5
      • USING A M32C AS AN AUDIO DEVICE, BUT GETTING POS EQ CHANNELS...ITS POSSIBLE?
        lufebatera Hi, Paul
        • Feb 5
        lufebatera Thanks for you response...all of this routing is so tricky...sorry to say, but I still lost here...I didnt get what you said to me...
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto First of all, for any routing changes, always use the M32-Edit app (for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi), which can be found on the M32 product page ( https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BM8 under the Product Library, Software on right side).
      How many channels are you planning to record at any one time?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto With 32 channels you will need to use both the Out 1-16 and Ultranet screens to do this.
      Start with the Out 1-16 (in the Routing section).
      * Assign DirOut Ch 1 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 2 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 16 to Output 16
      Goto the Ultranet screen
      * Assign DirOut Ch 17 (Post EQ) to Output 1
      * Assign DirOut Ch 18 (Post EQ) to Output 2
      ** continue through DirOut Ch 32 to Output 16
      Goto the Card screen
      * Assign Out 1-8 to the first block (Outputs 1-8)
      * Assign Out 9-16 to the second block (Outputs 9-16)
      * Assign Ultranet 1-8 to the third block (Outputs 17-24)
      * Assign Ultranet 9-16 to the fourth block (Outputs 25-32)
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera Hi paul! it worked..sort of..because now my in ear stopped working...because I use bus 5 and 6 as my in ear out put...but thank you! Im almost there!
        • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto What are your in ears connected to?
      • Feb 5
    • lufebatera
      Paul_Vannatto It looks as though you have 6 XLR outputs to a Midas stagebox (DL32?). Are you using AES50 A or B? It would make it much easier to help you if you provided better details. Are you using any of the Aux Outs on the back of the console? Are you using buses 1-6 for your in ears?
      • Feb 5
        lufebatera sorry Paul, you are right...yes, Im using a DL32 on a AES50 A. Outputs 1, 2, 3 and 4, goes in a pair of PSM 300 for guitar and bass; 5 and 6 its me on drums, using a small mixer, just for amplifies the headphones.
        • Feb 5
  • New
    Ahltech
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-05

I've done this over 100 x. 

cat 5 shield cable 75'. Tests fine 

tried 2 other cables. 

on routing dl1-16 shows up. 

On mixer solid red light on screen. Blink red light on dl-16

tried several cables....and A& B side.... same results 

read more...
    0 52
    • Ahltech
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the AES50 cable is connected to the A port of the DL16.
      • June 5, 2021
    • Ahltech
      Ahltech

It is on the a side

• June 5, 2021
    • Ahltech
      Ahltech

It is on the a side

• June 5, 2021
    • Ahltech
      Paul_Vannatto What mode is the DL16 set to? If the SN Master light is lit, that means that it is set to be the master clock along with the M32. Change the mode so that only the M32 is the master clock.
      • June 5, 2021
  • New
    Mynameiscooper24
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-08

For some reason it is impossible to connect to my m32C right now. 
    I have tried two different routers, I did dchp, static, nothing is connecting. 
    the Ethernet port on the back of the m32C is a steady orange. No green activity light. 
    when I set the console to dhcp is pulls an op address of 169.254.48.120

any ideas or support ? 

read more...
    0 83
    • Mynameiscooper24
      Paul_Vannatto Good chance you have a bad ethernet cable or the RJ45 ends are not pushed in all the way and latched.
      • July 8, 2021
    • Mynameiscooper24
      DavidKnighton Hello Mynameiscooper24,
      That IP address looks very similar to a Dante address. If you are using a computer with Dante Virtual Soundcard installed, or a router that is latched onto a Dante network, consider moving to an isolated network or turning DVS off.
      • July 9, 2021
  • New
    thginknodnarb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-16

Here is my chain...

Midas Pro 2 > Klark Teknik DN9652 (AES50 96hz to AES50 48hz) > DP48 (at FOH) > 3 Hub4s > 12 DP48s

I'm trying to use the DP48 at FOH with the REMOTE feature to access the DP48s on stage. I click the REMOTE on/off setting and it will not turn on.

I'm sure I'm missing something on the DP48s or the HUB4s. Any ideas would be appreciated!

read more...
    0 28
    • thginknodnarb
      Paul_Vannatto As far as I know the DP48 and Hub4 do not work with the DN9652 and Pro 2.
      • September 15, 2021
    • thginknodnarb
      thginknodnarb

They do work. we use this setup every week. You run 2 AES50 cables from the Pro2 to the DN9652 to get 48 channels in at 96hz and you run 1 AES50 cable out carrying 48 channels at 48hz to the DP48s. We also use it to feed a DN9630 that dumps 48 channels into Logic at 48hz for our livestream mix.

• September 15, 2021
    • thginknodnarb
      Nigel67 There should be no issues with the audio, AES50 is AES50. The only issues at the moment are that there is no option to switch the remote 'ON' function. so that you can talk to all the other DP48's connected and there is no ethernet traffic from the console (i.e colours, naming, etc) as the Comms protocol on Pro Series is different to M32, etc that DP48 was originally designed to work with. The ability to switch the remote function 'On' is on the software teams radar to be fixed.
      • September 15, 2021
    • thginknodnarb
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks for correcting what I stated. Last I heard (from Chase, quite awhile ago actually) was that it didn't work.
      • September 16, 2021
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-10-04

Have a sound problem with the DP48. My Dp48 would make my solo guitar sound like Im playing under water..I discovered that the problem is with the Compressor..once it was off the sound was OK, However my drummer now has the same problem but all compression etc is off? He has to turn the guitar off in his mix? Anyone else suffer from this problem? 

read more...
    0 17
Go to page