Statistics

208,459 members
80,658 posts
  • michealsmoran
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-20

Becuase of the recent changes in the Church community we are trying to tied together 3 x32's along with a digital snake.  the snake s16 is on the platform as an input device. Then we have the main mixing board, then a broadcast board and an overflow room.  We have tried several different clocking senerios and none of them are working.  Do I need an exterior clocking source to feed all three boards?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

read more...
    0 7
    • michealsmoran
      Paul_Vannatto No, you don't need an external master clock. But only one console can be the master clock (synchronisation=Internal). The others must get the clock from that console (ie. from AES50 port A or B). The S16 must be in a mode that doesn't have SN Master LED lit (ie. set as slave).
      • August 20, 2020
  • DjChamacoEnriqueAparicio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

Can anyone help please. I have try and trybto play music from an usb from my rx16 and it kind of wants to start and stops right away. I have put songs in wav format and they all do the same. It never plays any songs. 

0 11
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not familiar with the RX16. Are you meaning the Behringer RX1602?
      • October 27, 2020
      john0121 If you mean the XR16 then you would need to make sure your USB stick is formatted to FAT32, best to format using a PC as we have seen problem when formatted with Mac. Also make sure that the sample rate of the Wav files matches the clock rate of the mixer. You can change this under Setup> Audio/Midi.
      • October 28, 2020
  • New
    PaulFranco
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-27

Hi

Does anyone know if there are midi commands to start and stop recording on the usb thumb drive? I know you can do this with the X-Live card but I would like to do this for the thumb drive as well. I would rather do this through midi rather than OSC if possible. Thanks for looking.

Paul

read more...
    0 16
    • PaulFranco
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Paul, if you want to use midi, you will need to use the OSC text via sysex, since the USB recorder/player requires OSC commands.

To start recording, the sysex string (second line) would be:
      OSC: /-stat/tape/state 4
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 70 65 2F 73 74 61 74 65 20 34 F7

To stop recording, the sysex string (second line) would be:
      OSC: /-stat/tape/state 0
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 70 65 2F 73 74 61 74 65 20 30 F7
      • December 27, 2020
      • X32 Remote Record Start
        PaulFranco Hi Paul As always you have the answers. Thanks mate.
        • December 27, 2020
  • joehooli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-07

I would like to use my ethernet connection to send outputs from my mains to a PC on the network.

Has anyone done that?  Also, what cables and interfaces do you need to hook up the X USB card to the network?

Thanks!

0 11
    • joehooli
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 ethernet port is for control only using the OSC protocol (via UDP). No audio is passed to it.

The X-USB card provides 32 channel audio (bidirectional) via USB only. If you want audio on a network, you need to invest in an X-Dante card.
      • August 7, 2020
    • joehooli
      joehooli Thanks! So I need a square USB to rectangular USB cord to connect to a PC, yes? Is it a special cable or generic? I have one left over from an older HP printer that might work.
      • August 7, 2020
      • Assigning outputs to x32 ethernet port
        Paul_Vannatto Yes a printer cable should work
        • August 7, 2020
  • LyTran
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-14

I am looking for a way to interface with Thunderbolt 3 from UAD Luna recording software running on Mac Mini and stack of UAD hardware (2 Apollo x8p and 1 MKII) from Midas M32R. The objective is doing live recording using Luna and using UAD plug-ins for live performance. 

Would greatly appreciate any pointers for this set-up. Due to the distance of the set-up of two stations (M32R and UAD equipment are not co-located), the long ADAT run is not feasible (more than 15'). 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 39
  • amulrich
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

I am trying to get an audio feed out of the X32 Edit program that I am running on a Mac mini. Is this possible? I am hoping to use it as an controller and output for a bus mix used for live-streaming our church service.  This operation takes place about 260 feet away from the main mixing console.  If this doesn't work, any suggestions for running an audio signal that far?

read more...
    0 5
    • amulrich
      DaveMorrison X32-Edit is a control app only. No audio passes through it and the X32 can not pass audio over ethernet (unless you buy the Dante expansion card). You can easily run balanced audio from the X32's XLR jacks hundreds of feet. Sometimes analog is the easiest and cheapest way.
      • October 28, 2020
    • amulrich
      StephenEvans alternatively, you could get a pair of audio baluns, that are cheap and run balanced analogue audio down a cat5/6 cable which might be a cheap way to get the cable the distance
      • November 11, 2020
  • MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-28

Can someone explain the benifits of upgrading my M32R to 4.03 and my DL32 to 1.8?  I am currently using 4.1 and 1.7 for my stagebox.  TIA  I am all about stability and use the board for my small band.

0 19
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto I believe you are using firmware 4.01, not 4.1. There are significant bug fixes and feature updates that are included in 4.03 (see release notes). For the DL32, the only update has to do with the "Forwarding of DP48 Messages via AES50" (see release notes).
      • October 28, 2020
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren Thanks Paul! I stand corrected, 4.01. Will make the change this weekend!
      • October 28, 2020
    • MarkNorgren
      Dale_M Hi Mark, for future reference when you download the latest software all release notes are included in the zip file which gives a breakdown of what is new and improved, i hope this helps
      • October 29, 2020
    • MarkNorgren
      MarkNorgren I just upgraded my board and all went well. As I recall, I had to use a PC laptop to upgrade my DL32 before? Can I use my Macbook Pro do it with this latest upgrade? If so, can anyone point me to instructions for my Mac? TIA
      • October 30, 2020
      • M32R and DL32 Upgrades
        Paul_Vannatto As far as I know, stagebox updates (including DL32) are PC based only at this point.
        • ·
        • October 30, 2020
      • M32R and DL32 Upgrades
        MarkNorgren Thanks Paul!
        • October 31, 2020
  • New
    BillFleming
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-13

Hey all, quick question, we're looking for a back up board to replace our M32 in the event that it fails again as we cannot afford to be down for several months waiting for repair. We have two DL16 Midas stage boxes in place and I figure we can look at another M32, an M32R, an X32 or an X32 Producer as I'm fairly certain that any configuration backups from our current board will work on these other devices. Are there any other devices I should be considering or are these the only ones?

Thanks,

Bill

read more...
    0 21
    • BillFleming
      Nigel67 Hi Bill, you also have the choice of the X32 Compact. If it really is just a back up that you require, and it may be used only a couple of times a year, then you could look at the M32C, X32 Rack or X32 Core, but using these would depend on how secure you would feel about having no faders / knobs infront of you you mixing on a computer or tablet. You are correct though, all scenes/shows, etc are common between each console. I am sorry that you had to wait several months for your board to be repaired. This should not be the case normally.
      • November 12, 2020
  • New
    KlausEff
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-27

Hi Guys, I am using a X32 Rack Mixer with the X32-Edit PC 4.0 for Windows and had never any problem with it.

Now I downloaded the new 4.2 Version and it does not even start on all 3 of my different laptops.

I downloaded the X32-Edit PC.exe-file on my Desktop-PC and it runs properly.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

read more...
    1 12
    • KlausEff
      RexBeckett Hi Klaus, try deleting or renaming the folder: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\X32-Edit in case there is a corrupted setting. The folder and files will be recreated when X32-Edit is started.
      • November 27, 2020
    • KlausEff
      KlausEff Hi Rex, thanks for your reply! I tested it and it worked, but only once. And I can also not open scenes from older versions. I will still use the stable working 4.0 Version until this bug is fixed. As long as I use this X32 Editor, I never had problems like this.
      • November 27, 2020
    • KlausEff
      JamesHood X32-Edit 4.2 for Mac seems to be giving me the same problem. I can delete the settings folder (`~/Library/.X32-Edit`) and connect once, but then it crashes on startup after that. The old v4.1 continues to work fine.
      • Jan 2
      • X32-Edit PC 4.2 for Windows on ACER and ASUS laptops
        JamesHood Working through `~/Library/.X32-Edit/X32Edit.init`, I narrowed my 4.2 crash to my AES50 and Ultranet routing. Initializing with these lines reproduces the issue:

config/routing/AES50A OUT1-8 OUT9-16 OUT1-8 OUT9-16 P161-8 P169-16
        config/routing/AES50B OUT1-8 OUT9-16 OUT1-8 OUT9-16 P161-8 P169-16
        outputs/p16/01 1 POST OFF
        outputs/p16/01/iQ A iQ15 Linear 0
        outputs/p16/02 1 POST OFF
        outputs/p16/02/iQ OFF iQ10 Linear 0
        outputs/p16/03 2 POST OFF
        outputs/p16/03/iQ A iQ15 Linear 0
        outputs/p16/04 3 POST OFF
        outputs/p16/04/iQ OFF iQ18B Linear 0

In fact, if I start from a blank slate (i.e. delete the settings folder), and select the first 4 Ultranet outputs as Main L, Main R, Main L, Main MC, then restart X32-Edit, it will crash. (OR I can select those outputs then go to the AES50 routing page and toggle AES50-A 33-40 from the default of Ultranet 1-8 to Out 1-8, then back to Ultranet 1-8 and it will crash immediately.)

Rearranging the Ultranet patch order seems to fix the crash, but I don't feel like getting a ladder out just yet to change my speaker addresses. Since I'm not using those outputs on using AES50-A, I'll use the other workaround which is to change the AES50-A 33-40 and 41-48 output routing to send Out 1-8, 9-16 instead of Ultranet 1-8, 9-16. Interestingly, the problematic routing seems to only affect AES50-A...AES50-B seems fine with it.
        • Jan 2
  • KellsBells
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

I have the latest software 1.5 and FW 1.17.   It seems to have done this after the latest firmware update.   I would like to go back to the old firmware, but there seems to be no way to do that.  I don't have a copy of the original firmware on my computer.

I have used 3 different kinds of USB flash drives.   All don't work.  I have reformatted them to FAT32 FAT16 NTSA.....nothing works.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 9
    • KellsBells
      john0121 FAT32 is the correct format to use, have you tried formatting using Windows rather than Mac- can help sometimes.

Does the red LED come on when you connect a USB? Are you able to use the recorder interface in the app?
      • September 28, 2020
Go to page