Statistics

208,451 members
80,650 posts
  • JoeMansir
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

Hello You Fine Folks

Drummer here and have some questions. I’ve searched for answers and cannot find the specific answers. Thank you in advance for your much appreciated help!

• 3 piece band - guitar, bass and drums. All sing lead and harmonies. 
    • Separate IEM mixes via Aux 1, 2 and 3 > Behringer PM1's > iPads. 
    • Guitar player does front live sound for us from the stage and, overall, sounds great out front. He doesn’t have a full grasp of all the inner workings of the unit so that’s why I’m asking these questions.
    • Each of us is on our own Bus and can set our faders for all the vocals and instruments which is wonderful. Right now, whatever effects are out front is what we have in our individual mixes.

Question 1: Is the XR18 capable of separate effects per mix? I mic my entire kit and would like to add different ones to my individual drums?

Question 2: Is there a way to record just my mix either with the sd card slot on the unit or send it to my iPad through usb (Garage Band or similar)?

Question 3: Is there a separate setting for an Android tablet? I’ve tried it with the same app and can’t get my Bus to work with it? My iPad is an older Mini and would like to use my larger Samsung.

read more...
    0 17
    • JoeMansir
      Paul_Vannatto Here are the answers to your questions

1. Yes, but there are only 4 FX slots available. Each FX mix has to go to separate FX slots and the resulting wet signal can either be returned to the Main LR (or not) and or returned to desired mixbuses (what you call Aux). For example, FX slot 1 is typically used for the vocal reverb. FX 2 can be used for a snare reverb, etc.

2. The XR18 does not have an SD slot, just a USB jack that can be connected to a computer with a DAW such as Garage Band. The desired channels are assigned on the In/Out, USB Sends screen.

3. What android app are you using? I would suggest you use Mixing Station Pro, which will give you everything you want and more.
      • October 28, 2020
      • Behringer XR18 Separate Mix Questions
        JoeMansir Hi Paul. You're awesome! I'm using the Behringer (Music Tribe Brands DE GmbH) X Air app. I'll try Mixing Station Pro. Thanks so much!!!
        • October 28, 2020
  • New
    JakeWeller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi, im looking for the output delay control on the behringer with to sync audio play back with video output. if anybody would be able to help me find the control that would be lifesaving. (I have been searching the internet and the console settings all day)

read more...
    0 27
    • JakeWeller
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jake, output delays are only available on the 4 main and 8 matrix. Select the desired main or matrix, then the second screen. The output delay can be adjusted on the far right.
      • November 27, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - Output Delay Control Help
        JakeWeller i'm still have some trouble, i have selected the main i would like to adjust but I cant work out what you mean by "second Screen". I appreciate the help Paul
        • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto When you select any channel strip, you will see on the left side of the screen "Home", then 6-8 (depending on the channel strip) icons below it. Each of these are screens. Select the one just below the "Home" screen.
        • November 27, 2020
        JakeWeller Thank you so much I got there in the end.
        • November 27, 2020
  • Apexpeakmusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-20

When my X32 x-usb is connected to my MAC in Logic or Garageband I cannot get the MAC's Output to go to my headset out to drive my monitors.  I can record from the X32 in the DAWs and see the levels but no ouput sound.  When I switch off the X32 the MAC willl then play the recorded channels through the output (headphones).  Called Apple and they said even though this use to work before the 10.15.6 update if was the 3rd party software's issue since it only effects the MAC when it is being used

read more...
    0 29
    • Apexpeakmusic
      KyleJohnson Hi Gary, interesting considering the only software involved is Apple software. Anyway, it sounds like it could be a routing problem. How do you have the ROUTING>INPUT page on your mixer setup? To get playback from the computer into the X32, some of the inputs must be set to CARD.
      • August 20, 2020
    • Apexpeakmusic
      Apexpeakmusic Thanks Kyle for responding. Do you think if I reset the X32 to factory defaults this would be a good troubleshooting effort?
      • August 24, 2020
      • Audio Issues with X32 and MAC Catalina 10.15.6
        KyleJohnson It can be a good place to start seeing as we don't know where the problem lies. Assuming you checked your input routing already. Before you reset your mixer make sure to back up any scene files you have to a flash drive or computer for safe keeping.
        • August 24, 2020
  • New
    JoelMcWilliams
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-13

M32 with firmware 4.03 - how do you tell what scene is loaded?  Early versions of the firmware used to show me this but with recent firmwares that feature seems to have disappeared.

0 8
    • JoelMcWilliams
      DanielPaine By default, the show view is normally set to 'Cues'. Changing this to scenes will reveal 2 names at the top of the screen so you can see what is loaded. Please see the pictures enclosed. The top text (shown in yellow) is the current loaded scene. While the name under this (In white) shows what you have selected to load next (before hitting the Go button.) Hope this helps.

It's done this way in preferences so you can see which mode your automation is in. i.e. 'Cues', 'Scenes', or 'Snippets'. Changing the modes also coincide with how the 'show control' buttons work
      • November 13, 2020
  • New
    passwordsicurezza
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Buonasera.

Ho acquistato un mixer Bherringer XR18 ma non ho avuto il manuale in italiano.

Vorrei sapere se potete mandare alla mia mail il manuale in italiano.

grazie

Mangili Marco E-MAIL:  [email protected]

read more...
    0 7
  • User5000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    I have a Behringer Xenyx 2442fx And all of a sudden channel 4 is gone. Only get sound when the fx button is depressed. Please help! Thanks!
    0 53
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell Please take a picture showing the section of the mixer where channel 4 is located and include the input jacks at the top in that picture. Take it high enough resolution that we can zoom in to see the position of buttons and other controls.
      • July 13, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thank you! Let me know what else you might need
        • July 13, 2020
    • User5000
      Dale_M Are you able to just connect a mic in and get any signal in on Ch4? Are you using XLR or line in? Does it do the same on both?
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thanks! I used an xlr and 1/4" to the channel with the same results.
        • July 14, 2020
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell Well I see what your problem is, you don’t have anything hooked up to the mixer.

Actually I wanted to see what you had hooked up and where it was hooked up.

I don’t know you experience so I have to write this assuming that it isn’t very much. If you are experienced in audio please let me know that. Whatever it is you had plugged into channel 4, plug it into channel 5 instead. Now however you have all of the buttons and controls, knobs, faders set for channel 5 when it works on channel 5, set all of the controls on channel 4 to match them. Then move the input connector from 5 to 4. Does it now work? If it doesn’t move it back to 5 is it still working on channel 5?

Do you have anything that you sometimes insert in to the insert jacks on this mixer? If you do plug that into the insert on Channel 5 and make sure that it works. If it does then move the input and the insert cables over to channel 4. Does Channel 4 work now?

WHY WON’T THIS FORUM PROPERLY FORMAT WHAT I WRITE? I WROTE IT WITH PARAGRAPH SPACING IN IT AND NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT ELIMINATES IT AND RUNS IT ALL TOGETHER.
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Hi. Thanks and sorry about the misunderstandIng. I do have some experience. I tried what you said. 5 works, i get nothing when moving from 5 to 4, move back to 5 and it still works. I get output on 4 from the insert but no audio from the main outs or headphones and doesn't have the built in effect on the audio either. Only get audio out of headphones from 4 with fx button depressed, nothing from main outs. With fx button up i do get very low audio with the trim and all sliders set to max. The red LED shows clipping on the channel but like nothing going to the main outputs, sliders, or through the built in effects.
        • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Actually, audio goes go to the main slider but not it's LED
        • July 14, 2020
    • User5000
      KevinMaxwell I was thinking possibly a bad insert jack that isn’t going back to connected without something plugged into it. If you take a TRS connector and short T&R and plug that into the insert for ch4 it will bypass the insert.
      • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 I was able to bypass the insert by putting an allen wrench in it and regained more audio but channel 4 slider doesn't affect it.
        • July 14, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        KevinMaxwell I don't think that test is valid. Plug a TRS cable in it because it disconnects the existing circuit and then short together the Tip and the Ring. If you have a TRS cable to 2 RCA male jacks you can just touch the tips of the L and R RCA jacks together. Don't use that kind of cable to try and feed a stereo input into it.
        • July 15, 2020
    • User5000
      Dale_M It sounds like a genuine fault on the PCB, it would probably be advised create a support ticket and organise a repair with us.
      • July 15, 2020
      • Lost channel 4
        User5000 Where on the pcb and what do you think it is. I will be repairing this myself.
        • July 15, 2020
  • New
    austinluce16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all,

About to purchase an X32 for a venue.

The distance from where the X32 will be located to where the stage box will be located is near the upper limits of 300ft. 

I am wondering if I can install something like this photo below for the AES ports:

And then I would use something like this:

Kinda looking for help on if this is feasible to do for the stage box since the converter boxes are supposed to just convert 1:1 from Ethernet signal to fiber that it shouldn't change the packets but I'm not sure and didn't know if there was anyone out there who has done this sort of thing?

thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 8
    • austinluce16
      RexBeckett I'm afraid that this will not work. AES50 does not conform to Ethernet standards so cannot be passed through standard Ethernet converters. Klark Teknik offer some products that will convert or extend AES50. The DN9610 Repeater/Extender may be sufficient for your application.
      • Jan 12
    • austinluce16
      DavidKnighton Hello Austin,
      You can not use generic IP equipment with AES50. The appropriate device to transmit AES50 over fiber is a pair of Klark Teknik DN9620 or a pair of Klark Teknik DN9680.
      • Jan 12
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-14

In recalling channel presets I'm finding I'd love to have the ability to disable recall of the input source label. I want to recall the headamp gain, but I don't want the source input to overwrite with whatever customized label was on the stored source input.

My workflow is that I'm using the source labels to document stage box inputs and connected wireless equipment.  I stored channel presets for various speakers on headset mics but when I recall them on another wireless channel it overwrites the source input name with the stored value.

ex.  Recalling John's preset originally on ew500-04 to a standard wireless channel with source input named ew500-02, overwrites with ew500-04 on the source and causes future confusion in routing because now we have two ew500-04 sources and no ew500-02 source.

Currently, I'm canceling the recall of the source when recalling the preset, but it's an extra step and others walking up to the board don't necessarily know or remember this is a problem.  Is there a combo of recall selections that get me headamp recall without source labels?

Also, not sure what people are doing with DCA's, but I'm finding it annoying that if I rename a DCAin any way, the channel membership becomes completely disassociated and other than reassigning everything manually or renaming the DCA back, there's no quick way to switch everything. 

On the other hand, it's somewhat handy you can reshuffle DCA's just by changing the name.  When I reorganized after the advent of 16 DCA's that was definitely a help since I have the DCA's recall safed.

read more...
    0 18
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Nigel67 Hi George. Many thanks for your feedback. I will pass on your comments to the design team.
      • September 15, 2020
      • Wing channel recall annoyance and DCA annoyance.
        Nigel67 With regards to the DCA, the guys have advised that when you rename a DCA, tick the 'RENAME ALL TAGS' button next to the NAME so that you do not drop the assignment. I will get back to you with more info about your other request.
        • September 15, 2020
      • Wing channel recall annoyance and DCA annoyance.
        GeorgeDougherty Thanks Nigel. I'll make sure to look out for that checkbox. I either missed it or it was added in a recent firmware update since I renamed the DCA's. Only noticed the impacts recently on recall of some older scenes.
        • September 15, 2020
  • JordanNash
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Hello all.

The curent X-Touch firmware package ("X-TOUCH Firmware V 1.15 - (January 2016)"), contains two helpful documents, X_TOUCH_X-LIVE-Layout-fw3.08.png ("X TOUCH Layout for Midas M32/Behringer X32 Mixers with X-LIVE"), which shows the X-Touch layout for the X-32, and X-TOUCH_Firmware_1.15.pdf, which explains "X-TOUCH Remote Control of X AIR Mixers".

Does anyone know of an equivalent document that thoroughly explains using the full size X-Touch controller with the X32 Rack in XCTL mode? I expect that most of the concepts should translate from the X Air to the X32, but a document that is specific to the X32 system would be helpful.

read more...
    0 24
  • L8Night
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-20

Hi Folks!

Just purchased XR 18 and trying to configure USB1/2 from Macbook to Aux IN (or whatever stereo ch). I can hear it if I choose USB 1/2 on Main Outputs, but my target is mixing USB 1/2 with other channels.

0 13
    • L8Night
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. There are 2 key steps to the process: 1. In the Routing(In/Out) menu, on the USB Returns page, assign USB 1-2 to the AUX in (channel 17-18). 2. Click on the AUX channel to Select it and then click the Input tab at the top of the screen. You should no see a Channel Source option, change this to USB. Also confirm that the selection in the Dropdown is USB 1-2.
      • August 20, 2020
      • XR 18 USB audio Mac
        L8Night Thanks for a very quick support!
        • August 20, 2020
Go to page