Statistics

208,460 members
80,659 posts
  • WARPIG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    The GoXLR app opens then closes? If I don't add power to the GoXLR the app will then stay open.
    0 145
    • WARPIG
      Dale_M Hi there. Our recent server migration revealed a critical bug that caused the app to crash. We were able to work with the PH team who managed to upload the missing files and redirect the URL path. This fixed the crashing bug for everyone on the latest app, however anyone on an older version will need to update using the below link, or they may still experience the crash.

Please use this App installer if you are still experiencing crashing:

http://tc-helicon.com/FirmwareAssets/GOXLR/GoXLR-App-1.2.3.103.zip
      • July 10, 2020
  • Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07
    1 7
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 I have a unit plugged into the Aux ins so that allows me to connect my iPhone by blu tooth and play music from it. I can see the meter levels on but the music is coming out so soft from my speakers not sure why. I put my phone volume all the way up. Mixer volume for speakers and channel is set fine too. Thanks
      • October 6, 2020
      • Help with Aux inputs to play music
        Paul_Vannatto You need to go to the Aux 5/6 channel pair and increase the fader(s).
        • October 6, 2020
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Got it, thanks!
      • October 7, 2020
  • michalwyderski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-22

Hello,

I am using XR18 for streaming. Is there a way to route main Monitor to Aux outputs? I know I can rout it to Phones or to Main Left and Right outputs.

I need that to obiously monitor what is going to my stream but would also want to listen some background music just for myself.

I know that I can createa a separate monitor mix on a buse and then route it to Aux output but then I believe I don't have full Monitor functionality like for example channel soloing is not working.

If this is not possible with current firmware and X AIR Edit app version would it be possible to add such possibility in future releases?

Thank You very much in advance

Best regards

Mike

read more...
    0 17
    • michalwyderski
      RexBeckett Hi Mike, the XR18 cannot route the Monitor bus to Aux outputs but there may be a way around this. You can route the Monitor bus to the Main LR outputs and then route the Main LR mix to a pair of Aux outputs. So by switching the cables between Main and Aux outputs, you should get what you want.
      • October 22, 2020
      • XR18 Route main Monitor to Aux output.
        michalwyderski Hi Rex, thanks for Your suggestion. I have this set up like that right now as I didn't see any other way. I just hoped there is some other way I missed. It works perfect but It just doesn't look "pretty" It would be really great if Behringer add those additional routing options to XR18 as technically I believe it is possible. Thanks again.
        • October 22, 2020
  • waisadalat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    Hi. I purchased the 1204USB few months ago and although i was able to connect the USB to my laptop and record in Audacity, in the past month or so i tried with three different PCs and the PC Input no longer recognizes the USB port. I tried on two other laptops and still the same problem. Any idea what would cause this as I know there is no driver for the 1204USB to download. I have simply connected a cassette tape through the mixer input and converting my cassette using audacity sw. I converted a few but now have this issue.
    read more...
    0 7
  • Gertclaes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-22

Hi I want to use the bcf2000 with my ipad to control soundcraft Ui24 with the Ui midi mixer app but I can't find in the manual how to setup the bcf2000. I can't get Connected via usb

0 20
    • Gertclaes
      PedroRodrigues Hi Gert, please be aware that this unit was developed to be interfacing directly with a computer via USB or via a sound card using MIDI connection and not interfacing via lightening connecting like the one present on your IPAD or via any kind of adaptor. Another point to consider is that the BCF 2000 is a legacy unit and when implemented via USB or MIDI will not work on the most recent OS available.
      • October 23, 2020
    • Gertclaes
      Gertclaes Hi Pedro, sorry but you are wrong, a friend helped me out and it does work with iPad and iPhone using Ui midi mixer app, I now can make my own monitor mix for my iem using the bcf2000 connected to ipad or iphone that makes wireless connection to the Ui 24r
      • October 23, 2020
      • BCF2000 connection problem with ipad
        PedroRodrigues Hi Gert this is not a matter of being right or wrong, it is juts a matter that the unit was not designed for that usage profile as I mentioned above and we do mot support third party software that we are unaware of there full implementation. Non the less I'm happy your Implementation worked. Thank you
        • October 26, 2020
  • New
    Hiortintexas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

How would you set up the compression on this channel for speaking voice that sometimes get pretty loud?

i dont really understand how this one work (picture)

0 15
    • Hiortintexas
      DaveMorrison The two basic controls you should focus on are Threshold and Ratio. How you set them depends on what you're doing. You could maybe set the Threshold at -20 with a ratio of 2 for some gentle compression during the louder moments. The threshold controls the level where the compressor starts to work. The graph will give you an idea how it works. If you want the clamp down just the loudest section, you could run it more like a limiter. Try the threshold at -10 and the ration at 6 (or more). Be aware that compression in floor monitors can increase the risk of feedback ( it's less likely when your just limiting with the threshold set to -10 or -5). Use the Gain control to "make up" the gain you lose when the compressor is on (ie. make them the same when it "Active" and then bypassed)
      • November 22, 2020
    • Hiortintexas
      KevinMaxwell A loud speaking voice isn’t really a problem at all unless they are distorting the input. If someone is speaking loud you can just turn down the channel or turn down the trim.

There were some events that I have done where I always had a finger on the channel (fader) of the persons speaking. Actually that was most events because they were high enough profile that it had to be perfect or as close to perfect as is humanly possible. And I usually had a compressor on that vocal subgroup to even out the vocal mics and it was a DBX160 usually set to a 3:1 compression ratio. I would strongly suggest that on the X32 in the channel compressor under the gain envelope (on the page that you included) that you select “Auto Time”. This automatically sets the attack, release and hold times to settings that work better for most things that you want to compress, unless you are looking for some other compression behavior then what I consider normal.

The challenge is if you have a person that is speaking inconsistently. If they go from a whisper to shouting that can be challenging. That style of speaking is usually what the fiery preacher might do and the challenge there is they really want to hear themselves get REALLY LOUD. One way to deal with that if the preacher isn’t a pain about it is to use the channel compressor at about 4:1 and set the threshold to where it is working a little bit all of the time. And set the knee to 5, this makes the point at which the compressor is actually triggering to be smoother and not too sudden.

The use a second compressor to be closer to limiting that is set to keep the really loud parts under control. You can do that by either inserting another compressor on that channel or send that channel to a Mix Bus (and route that Mix Bus to the L/R and make sure the channel isn’t going directly to the L/R) and use the Mix Bus compressor to a more aggressive compression ratio like 10:1 and set the threshold on that to only trigger when the preacher gets really loud. I actually never use the L/R as my output to the house speakers I always use a Matrix outputs. Usually because I have more speakers in the system then just Left and Right. But even if I am using just Left and Right speakers I still use the Matrix outs.
      • November 23, 2020
      • X32Edit - configure compression on a channel with loud speaking voice
        Hiortintexas You have me a great pointer. My biggest problem is the level out to the streaming and as I have that on its own bus, I can then put a more aggressive compression on that one as you suggest.
        • November 27, 2020
        Hiortintexas You mention using matrix outs even just for L/R what is the reading for that ?
        • November 27, 2020
        KevinMaxwell One of the reasons I do that is using the matrix out gives the user the ability to trim the overall output without having to run the L/R so low on the fader that the tiniest movement is too drastic a change, up or down. I did this in a church system that was using an X32 for their youth room so they have more control. They were able to run the inputs hot enough and also the L/R master at around the nominal level and bring the Matrix down so as to not be too loud at the speakers.

For systems I am running I only use the L/R bus as my playback bus and that goes to the Matrix to feed the speaker system. I route my channels to the Mix Bus sends using them as variable sub groups. I set up the system (EQ and processing) for linearity, what goes in is what comes out. And I then EQ the variable groups like the vocals for best gain before feedback. And I can do group processing if needed for the different Mix Bus sends that then go to the Matrix sends. This way you aren’t overly EQing a system for feedback on a vocal mic. Your playback and tightly mic-ed or direct input instruments sound more natural.

I almost always am using more than just L/R even if it is only an additional front fill speaker or speakers. And the Matrix gives me the ability to feed only what I want in each speaker (Matrix) send. For example if the stage level of the instruments are loud enough I would usually not have much of them in the front fill speakers. And if I am using delay speakers for a musical I might put more of the pit band in the delay Matrix.
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    rbird59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I thought the X32 Edit Manual was in the Behringer Wiki, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Or I'm crazy.... anyways I'm looking for the manual so I can figure out what does what.

read more...
    0 7
  • Wildtech
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-03

Sorry if this posted twice.

Still a newbie on the X32 mixer I recently misplaced channels 9 - 16 and after much hunting found them misrouted to local instead of AES50.(That's a long story cut very short!)  During the search I noticed that channels 1-8 have an `A` in the channel LCD screen which seems to mirror a setting in the home screen `auto mix X Y`.  I can't seem to find this in the manual and am now curious to know what it is and why it is ony on channels 1-8

read more...
    0 9
    • Wildtech
      RexBeckett On the X32, the automix function is only supported on channels 1-8. Automix can be useful for managing panel discussions but doesn't help in most music applications.
      • August 3, 2020
    • Wildtech
      Wildtech Thanks Rex. As probably 99% of my use will be music I can consider this function as perhaps an appendix then. It just happened to be one of a few red herrings in my search for my missing channels . :)
      • August 3, 2020
  • metrojuno121
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-22

Hello

I have a wierd issue with connecting the X32 Rack to my Mac Pro using ethernet via a switch.

I have an X Touch and that is also plugged into the switch and connects to the X32 with no intervention and no problems.

However, in order to get X32 Edit to find the X32 I have to enter the IP address of the X32 manually into X32 Edit each time, despite having DHCP selected on the X32.

If I connect the 3 ethernet cables into a router rather than the switch, the X32 is found by X32 Edit successfully, without having to enter the IP address manually.

I could just accept that I have to manually type in the IP address each time using the switch - but I just wondered if anybody has any ideas what's going on?!

Thanks

Damian

read more...
    0 27
    • metrojuno121
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Damian, I would suspect either a duplicate IP address (check last number of each device to make sure there is no duplication) or the switch itself. I have one of my X32 Racks connected to my router via 2 switches (one at the router and one across the room, because I have a Wing and X32 Rack side by side) and have no issues connecting with X32-Edit.
      • October 22, 2020
      • X32 Rack and ethernet via switch
        metrojuno121 Thanks Paul. The thing is it does connect fine, but only when I input the X32 address manually into X32 Edit when using the switch. I did read some where that not going via a router and just using a switch can be problematic as far as DHCP is concerned? Most help available online is referring to trying to connect to the internet through ethernet using DHCP - which of course is not relevant here. I'll keep fiddling around with it!
        • October 22, 2020
        RexBeckett One difference between a switch and a router is that switches do not usually have a DHCP Server function to issue IP addresses. In your system, the Mac Pro may be acting as DHCP Server (I believe macOS can do this) but it could be the source of your problem. You may get better results if you assign the Mac, X32 and X-Touch fixed IP addresses in the same subnet. e.g. 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3.
        • October 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Damian, are you replacing the router with a switch? If so that will be the issue. As Rex mentioned, one of the differences between routers and switches is that routers have a DHCP server and switches do not (almost always the case). You needs a DHCP server located somewhere in your network. The reference I made above included a router and 2 switches in my network.
        • October 23, 2020
    • metrojuno121
      NoKey It could be that the switch you use does not support the multicast protocol. I think this is used (as the underlying protocol) in discovery of which mixers are on your network. If you use a simple switch, you might be out of luck for support of it; if you use a managed switch, you may need to enable the multicast protocol under the L2 options.
      • October 23, 2020
    • metrojuno121
      metrojuno121 Thank you sooo much Paul, Rex and NoKey! This just shows up my lack of knowledge of networking! That really answers my problem and makes so much sense why the address has to be entered manually. I can get my hands on a managed switch and will try that. My reluctance to use a conventional router is simply that 2 wireless routers I have tried completely wreck any running of apps on my Mac Pro when connected to either of the ethernet ports! I have tried to find out why this happens without success. Apps either run incredibly slowly or not at all, in Ableton's case - keeps crashing. As soon as I unplug the ethernet from the router all apps run fine. This doesn't happen with the switch. Thank you all once again.
      • October 23, 2020
    • metrojuno121
      metrojuno121 So I think I have now found the problem that was causing my issue with ethernet making my Mac seize and apps to not run when connected to a wireless router. The computer was connecting to the router through the ethernet connection and through wireless too (I hadn't noticed that the Mac had automatically joined the router wirelessly). This appears to have caused the problem. As soon as I disconnected from the wireless signal everything came good. So now I have my X32, X Touch and Mac all connected using DHCP properly and the option of iPad control via wireless too! I'm happy!
      • October 24, 2020
        RexBeckett I'm glad you found what was causing your issues with the router, Damian. Thanks for sharing the solution - it may help others with similar problems.
        • October 24, 2020
  • New
    sreed7164
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-08

We have an M32 and I'm trying to find a way to keep our video producer from having to jump up and go to the board every time he needs to talk to the stage.

I have MIDI controls setup for some of our other equipment, but haven't had the need to set it up for the M32. Before I go thru the process does anyone know if the talkback can be toggled thru MIDI? Since it's not one of the regular channels the manual doesn't really indicate anything.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 14
    • sreed7164
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Stephen, does your midi device (or app) have sysex capabilities? If so you can send the following to control the talkback A

OSC: /-stat/talk/A ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 41 20 4F 4E F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/A OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 41 20 4F 46 46 F7

For talkback B use the following:

OSC: /-stat/talk/B ON
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 42 20 4F 4E F7

OSC: /-stat/talk/B OFF
      F0 00 20 32 32 2F 2D 73 74 61 74 2F 74 61 6C 6B 2F 42 20 4F 46 46 F7
      • November 8, 2020
    • sreed7164
      sreed7164 We don't currently use it - but knowing that info gives me something to work at.
      That's super helpful. Thanks!!
      • November 8, 2020
Go to page