Statistics

208,451 members
80,650 posts
  • leemilleriz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-08

when connected to the mac via usb nothing.  when using a cat 5 nothing, what gives?

0 24
    • leemilleriz
      DaveMorrison The USB port is only for audio (and some limited MIDI data). The connection over the Network port (cat 5 or WiFi) is only to control the mixer via an app such as X-Air-Edit—no audio over this connection. To check for basic USB connectivity, open "System Information" on your Mac. Look in the Hardware section for the USB area. You should see a entry for your mixer. Also check your USB cable. On one of my Macs, I've gone through 5 or 6 cables in the last few month. They work intermittently. I just got some new cables with ferrite chokes on both ends. So far so good.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      leemilleriz not sure what system information is, but I see the Boss BR800 on the bottom row of system preferences window but nothing there on the x18 or USB. Latest MacBook and system updates. I got this working once with the cabling but still not sure its right. I did unplug it and do some things then replug the USB and 'Loopback' saw it. that was a bit of progress. still, i need it to be rock solid.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      leemilleriz I found it once I searched where to look but there was no info on this right now. I have the systems off. I will reboot and turn all on and then look again. not sure if this will help but I will see. thank you for your kind response and help. still trying to get the x18 up and going.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      leemilleriz well! I found it there. also info about the usb hub. seems all the gear is usb 2, could be the hub but it look like its usb 3. so I think that the connection port on the x18 is loose, I'll think of something maybe to get it to firm up. I am going to set up a wired network with the TV monitor , the laptop, and certain pieces of gear and my internet HOME Phone wireless router. I live in the country and that's the best gig (100gigs anytime) for the buck. Once wired I'll see how things are with the X18.
      • August 9, 2020
    • leemilleriz
      Saleya Lee, I cannot connect my XR12 to a Mac Book Pro via ethernet cat 5 when the wifi is on. I cut the wifi off (on the Mac), then the XR12 shows in xAir Edit. I connect it, and then I turn the wifi back on. Weird but this is how I could solve this problem.
      • August 11, 2020
  • New
    Riddickg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

How do you control the volume on the aux ports on the x32 compact mixer ?  I am trying to run sound directly out of the board to stream the church music and sermon. The volume is to high and it is distorted.

0 4
    • Riddickg
      KyleJohnson HI Garrett, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The first thing to check is the Routing. Open the Routing>AUX menu and check that the Out Signal and Tap are assigned as desired. For instance if you want to send Bus 1 out of Aux 1 and have the fader of Bus 1 control the level, assign MixBus 1 in the Out Signal column, and Post Fader under TAP. If you continue to have issues, please submit a support case through the Support link at the top of the page.
      • December 28, 2020
  • niyineyo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-21
    I updated my Mac to version 10.15.5 and I couldn't access my X AIR 18 software. It was totally deleted. I can't find the download online anymore. Can anyone help ?
    0 92
    • niyineyo
      GaryHiggins https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html
      • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      niyineyo I went through the page and ended up here. See screenshot.
      • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      GaryHiggins This is the link when I’m at the XR18 download page https://www.behringer.com/downloads.html I’m not sure why you end up elsewhere....
      • June 21, 2020
      • X AIR 18
        GaryHiggins I can’t tell if my screenshot attached or not....but the link I posted gets me here...
        • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      niyineyo It took me there and when I clicked on it . It took me to the 2nd screenshot. Which then took me to the 3rd screenshot.
      • June 21, 2020
      • X AIR 18
        GaryHiggins Ok, sorry. They have just recently updated the site so maybe some links are messed up. What do you need specifically? I may have copies.
        • June 21, 2020
    • niyineyo
      RexBeckett XAir Edit V1.5 for Mac is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t1uC-biOdN_gtmmlvmXlZQLETBeauoxP/view?usp=sharing
      • June 21, 2020
  • Francois43912
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-01

HELP!!!

I just performed the firmware update using a USB stick with the firmware file on it only! I shut down the wing properly and now the unit does not repond when powering on, no display, lights, nothing! Can someone please help!

Paul Francois

[email protected]

740-630-0300 

Ohio, USA EST

read more...
    0 72
    • Francois43912
      Nigel67 Hi, can you confirm that the USB stick was formatted to FAT 32? Was anything else connected and powered at the same time, i.e computer? Can you try programming the console back to 1.07 (on website) using a PC to see if you can bring the console back to life.
      • September 1, 2020
      • Wing dead after 1.08.1 firmware update
        Francois43912 Nigel, Thank you so much for replying so quickly! Kevin's solution worked for me. Best Wishes! Paul
        • ·
        • September 1, 2020
    • Francois43912
      KevinMaxwell If the console does not boot up normally, you can still update the firmware
      using this procedure:
      • With console powered off, connect a USB cable to the
      rear panel port and to your computer.
      • Press and hold the Select button next to the Main Display,
      then power the console on.
      • An OS and DATA drive will appear on your computer, similar to
      connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click a drive
      to open.
      • Drag the new firmware file into the OS drive.
      • Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware
      in that drive.
      • After the file has transferred, eject the virtual drive. The console
      should reboot automatically with the new firmware installed. If it
      doesn’t, power cycle the console manually.
      • September 1, 2020
        KevinMaxwell This is a cut an paste from the Wing QSG (Quick Start Guide) page 15. I had an internet problem and had a corrupted download of firmware once and this section was pointed out to me and it worked with a good download of the firmware.
        • September 1, 2020
        Francois43912 Kevin, this worked!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
        • September 1, 2020
    • Francois43912
      Wijnhoven I have the same problem ,i followed these instructions still dead
      • Jan 1
    • Francois43912
      Wijnhoven I removed the elder firmware ,can that be the issue?
      • Jan 1
        Paul_Vannatto Did you copy over the new firmware to the OS partition of the Wing? Make sure there is nothing else in that partition, other than the latest firmware (1.10).
        • Jan 1
    • Francois43912
      Wijnhoven Problem solved,i did not onfold the firmware properly
      • Jan 1
        Paul_Vannatto Ah yes, that will do it.
        • Jan 1
  • dennist2020
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-15

Hello everyone,

Are we allowed to post used Behringer gear here?  The link for the Marketplace shows a "Coming Soon" landing page.

Thanks

1 13
    • dennist2020
      DaveMorrison I thought that's what "www.freemusictribe.com" was for.
      • September 14, 2020
      • Can We Offer Used Behringer Gear for Sale Here?  Marketplace says "Coming Soon"
        dennist2020 Thank you! They should remove the Marketplace link, or replace it with a pass through to the freemusictribe location. Thanks again!
        • September 14, 2020
      • Can We Offer Used Behringer Gear for Sale Here?  Marketplace says "Coming Soon"
        DaveMorrison There's a lot of things they still need to fix here ; )
        • ·
        • September 14, 2020
    • dennist2020
      AlexLane Hi Guys, the plan with the Marketplace link here is to have it link in with the freemusictribe site, this feature is however still under development.
      • September 15, 2020
  • New
    gravyblu3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-13

Hi. Can anyone confirm that the Xdante card will run 44.1 in an x32? the literature seems a bit conflicted. Cheers

0 10
  • speyek
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-01

Hi!

New X32 Rack owner...

How can you control the individual SENDS on each input channel with MIDI?

I like to have live control of each of the SENDS that are feeding the AUX Ins and Outs constantly with lots of outboard gear.

I can control them with an iPad but i can't seem to get to them with MIDI using a FaderFox PC12.

Thank you for any help!

read more...
    0 39
    • speyek
      RexBeckett Hi Spike, there are no Midi commands for the channel sends. It is possible to encode OSC commands for sends in Midi SysEx messages but this is usually beyond the capabilities of Midi controllers.

One solution would be to run Mixing Station on a PC or tablet with a USB Midi controller connected. Mixing Station can be configured to associate individual controls with Midi messages.
      • September 1, 2020
      • X32 RACK MIDI Control Individual Channel SENDS
        justmull What is the OSC command for channel send levels? I can't seem to find it anywhere and trying to do the same thing with the XR18 (my controller supports OSC via sysex)
        • November 12, 2020
      • X32 RACK MIDI Control Individual Channel SENDS
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Justin, I would suggest you use SysexOscGen app (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sysexoscgen/). It includes all of the X-Air, X32 and Wing OSC commands.

For channel 1 sends 3 fader level of -5, the sysex OSC text string would be
        OSC: /ch/01/mix/03/level -5
        F0 00 20 32 32 2F 63 68 2F 30 31 2F 6D 69 78 2F 30 33 2F 6C 65 76 65 6C 20 2D 35 F7
        • ·
        • November 12, 2020
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-13

Midas DP48 Firmware UpdateVersion 1.7  

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.7

• Mirror Mix A on Mix B output in singlemode.

Improvements
    • Fix for saving master parameters if powering off while remote controlling.
    • Fix for stereo link assignment and indication on booth channels in a pair, while working remotely.
    • Fix for passing on wrong AES50 information of connected devices in a chain.
    • Fix for pre fader reverb send when using MY GROUP in singlemode.
    • Refresh assign page after being remote controlled by master.

Firmware Update Process

1. Download the update file from midasconsoles.com and extract the archive
    2. Copy the dp48m_xx.upd file onto an SD card, into the following path inside SD-root \DP48M
    3. Make sure the DP48 is turned off
    4. Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the rear panel of your DP48
    5. Hold the SETUP button while turning the DP48 on
    6. Wait until the update procedure is completed and the DP48 has booted again
    7. Do not turn off the device and do not remove the SD card before the update has finished
    8. The device will boot automatically and briefly indicate the new firmware version

Note: SD Card must be FAT or FAT32 formatted for use in DP48Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly.

Download: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BMX

read more...
    1 231
    • Midas
      MarcVangrunderb Is it possible to connect a DL153 stagebox on the AES50 thru port of a DP48. I have two DL153 stage boxes connected to my X32 rack and would like to know how I can integrade the DP48.
      • November 23, 2020
    • Midas
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, I would suggest you also get the Hub4 and use the AES50 Thru port to connect the DL153.
      • November 23, 2020
      • DP48 Firmware Update 1.7 Now Available!
        MarcVangrunderb Hi Paul,
        Do you want to say that it only works with the Hub4 or can it also be done via the thru port of the DP48?
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Well, it will "sort of" work. The problem will be the upstream (stagebox to console) channels, since the first AES50 channels (banks of 8) will be used by the DP48. The Hub4 has a switch to setup for the DP48 return OR pass thru the AES50 signals from the Thru port.

Here is a link to the Hub4 Routing Diagram
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJJuoNh3QE7iK-daR7PFiV7mvytSEeSM/view?usp=sharing
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The downstream signals should work fine, since the DP48 Thru port is meant to be used for cascading DP48 providing all 48 AES50 channels to subsequent DP48 and therefore the same to the stageboxes. It is the upstream signals that are the issue.
        • November 23, 2020
        MarcVangrunderb OK thanks. That's clear. Is the latest firmware of the HUB4 provided to work with Pro stageboxes like the DL153 because I always assumed this was not compatible?
        • November 23, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Yes as long as the stagebox is set for 48K samplerate (not 96K), the latest Hub4/DP48 firmware is designed to work with the Midas stageboxes.
        • ·
        • November 23, 2020
    • Midas
      TatsuyaNakamura I am a DP48 user.
      Used in v1.7

I'm curious about something.
      If you press the group button, then the PAN button, and when the display is in PAN, press the MIX A/B button, the display changes to Reverb.

When I press the group button again afterwards, it is very difficult to use, as it keeps moving to the Reverb button instead of going back to the PAN button.

The behavior of the MIX A/B button when you were pressing the PAN button just before is described as "The MIX A/B display appears in the lower right corner of the screen with the screen in the normal 1-12 display state. Or, "The screen returns to the state in which the PAN button was pressed. or "return to the state where the PAN button is pressed"?

As it is now, the response is not good by the time you try to adjust the PAN.
      I hope the operation response will improve in the future.
      • November 24, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Tatsuya, I'm not sure where you got that last explanation. But it is no longer correct. It might have been that way a few firmware revisions ago. The Mix A/B button changes the screen to the overall mix (A or B) settings (limiter, reverb, etc.). When you select a group, then the pan, you will have both Pan A and Pan B. To change between them press the Select/Edit encoder. When you want to return to the group list on the screen, press the same group button you initially pressed.

Btw, a new firmware (1.8) has just been released.
        • November 24, 2020
        TatsuyaNakamura Hi Paul,Thanks for the reply! ” When you select a group, then the pan, you will have both Pan A and Pan B. To change between them press the Select/Edit encoder. When you want to return to the group list on the screen, press the same group button you initially pressed.” At this point, it's my understanding that I'm putting it in PAN mode.

The thing is, when in PAN mode, if you press the Mix button, the mode moves to something other than PAN, such as Comp or reverb. This is also understood.

Then, when you press the
        When I press the Group button, I'm still in reverb or Comp mode. I want this sequence of events to return me to the mode I was in just before I pressed the Mix button. 

I'm not sure I'm getting the point across.
        Sorry for the poor translation.

Used in v1.7 single mode.

I'll try v1.8 next time.
        • November 25, 2020
    • Midas
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Tatsuya, I think you misunderstand the functionality of pressing one of the 12 group buttons and pressing one of the Mix buttons (A or B).

Pressing one of the 12 group buttons will allow you to adjust the settings of that particular group (EQ, compressor, reverb, pan). Pressing the same group button will exit that section back to the idle screen (normally showing the group list).

Pressing one of the group buttons, then one of the mix buttons (Mix A or Mix B) will allow you to adjust the settings (EQ, compressor, reverb) of that particular mix (A or B) which is the master mix of all 12 groups. Pressing the same mix button will exit back to the idle screen (group list).

Pressing one of the Mix buttons, then one of the settings buttons (Low, Mid, High, Comp, Reverb) will also allow you to adjust that particular mix setting. Pressing the same mix button will exit back to the idle screen (group list).

This is the way it is designed.
      • November 25, 2020
  • New
    bubbaguth
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-12

Scenes, Cue's, etc. that are stored locally in the X32 Edit application appear in their respecitve list when created.  Does anyone know where the files are physically located on a Mac?  I realize you can export/import them, but I need to recall them from a backup disk.  I searched ~library folders, application package contents, hard drive, etc. I can't find the location of where the app is storing them or understand how this works. 

Thanks

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 12
  • New
    MILTON
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-28

Hello

I can say Wing have ten Headphones Output?

0 9
    • MILTON
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Milton, if by "Phones Output" you mean headphone outputs, the Wing only has 2, not 10.
      • December 28, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        MILTON ok, but and the two out in the rear?
        • December 29, 2020
    • MILTON
      KevinMaxwell It has 2 stereo headphone outputs just under the surface to the left and the right. It also has 8 TRS (Tip,Ring,Sleeve) 1/4" outputs they are not headphone outputs. There was a time that the 1/4" jacks were refereed to as Phone jacks because they looked very similar to the jacks that a telephone operator used to use to cross connect phone calls. The 8 1/4" TRS jacks are balanced outputs. If you tried to feed that to a stereo input it won't work right because it isn't a stereo output.
      • December 28, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        MILTON ok, I understand, but... why there is a picture of headphone in the output 7 and 8 TRS?
        • December 29, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        KevinMaxwell Where do you see that? Can you post a link? Also please be aware that there are 2 1/4" connectors on the back that are contact closures that are meant for things like a foot switch.
        • December 29, 2020
      • TRS P10 Out Wing
        Paul_Vannatto The reason for that is because the factory default assignment to Aux Out 7/8 are monitor L/R respectively. This is for a studio setting where there is a need to plug in monitor speakers. This assignment can be changed if desired (on Routing, Outputs, Aux screen).
        • December 29, 2020
Go to page