Statistics

254,394 members
132,077 posts
  • New
    giacoav
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

Hi,

Any intention of updating the Behringer X-Air / MIDAS M-Air drivers to the latest iteration of your TCAT drivers (5.12) used by your other products (Behringer UMCs) ?

This would allow for multi-WDM outputs and inputs, which is long overdue...

Regards,

Giaco

UPDATE :
    Updates were pulled both for the X-Air and M-Air series to the latest driver revision !
    Thank you to whoever did this at Music Tribe HQ !

read more...
    3 75
    • giacoav
      NicJonesMT Hi Giacoav.
      I will pass this request over to the development team.
      • Sep 14
      • [SOLVED] Behringer X-Air / Midas M-Air Driver update
        giacoav Thank you ! I'll be waiting for the update to drop
        • Sep 17
      • [SOLVED] Behringer X-Air / Midas M-Air Driver update
        giacoav Just noticed the new update made available !
        Thanks a lot ! This will make a lot of users happy !
        • Sep 22
  • New
    manoaratefy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-23

Hello,

I've found recently that the Behringer S16 can be used as standalone stagebox. But as the S16 have only 8 outputs, the 9-16 output coming from another S16 in the stage is routed to ADAT in the FOX S16, so I have to add a ADAT-analog converter in my setup to get these output.

I'm wondering if SD8 can be used as same purpose, because SD8 has 8 in / 8 out, so with the same setup, I can hook up 2x SD8 on the stage and 2x SD8 in FOH.

Or is there any another easy setup to make use of digital stagebox with analog mixers?

read more...
    0 12
    • manoaratefy
      Nigel67 Hi manoaratefy. The S16 has the option of using its built in clock to connect to other IO boxes so a mixer is not required. The SD8 does not have a built in clock and therefore needs to receive an external clock from a mixer or S16 to work. Therefore, unfortunately you cannot use two SD8s as stand alone stage boxes as neither can provide a clock. You could connect an S16 to two SD8 giving you 16 inputs (S16) and then 16 outputs (2 x SD8).
      • Sep 22
  • New
    dallaskruse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-24

1. Is the only way to rename Group Names is via saving a .csv file as "names.csv" onto an sd card and then importing into the DP48

2. How do I reset the Group Names on the DP48 to their default if I want to revert my group name changes?

read more...
    0 17
    • dallaskruse
      Paul_Vannatto 1. The only other option at this point is to name the groups from the X32 Library, AES50 screen.
      2. You could create a names.csv file with Group1,Group2,Group3, (etc.) or whatever the default names were. I haven't seen those default name in over 2 years (so don't remember).
      • Aug 24
      • How to reset DP48 Group Names
        dallaskruse I'll be using the DP48s with different groups so I was hoping to be able to rename the Groups easily.
        • Aug 24
    • dallaskruse
      Paul_Vannatto What I've been doing is to setup preset files for each band, including the group names, then saving them to the 12 internal storage areas and/or to the 12 presets on the SD Card. I also store them on my laptop using folders for each of the bands.

2 years ago (Aug 16, 2019) I did sound for a Woodstock 50th anniversary festival where I had to get 5 tribute bands and one local band through in 9 hours and used the 4 DP48 for their monitors. Since these were still beta (weren't released for sale until December), I had 20 minutes (or less) to make the changeover and teach the musicians how to use the DP48. Everyone loved them. The success was due to the stored presets for each of the bands.
      • Aug 24
    • dallaskruse
      Paul_Vannatto I had also started to develop an offline DP48 preset editor, but gave up because these files also include a checksum and my checksum generator routine never came up with the same checksum the DP48 was expecting.
      • Aug 24
  • New
    SvenBurgis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

Hello,

i really use many years Behringer Products, but in my and from sond engineers opinion e are missing new innovation. example Touch screen or optical connection between mixing and S16(Example). 

So how your next innovation?? 

Best Recards 

Sven Burgis

read more...
    0 8
    • SvenBurgis
      Dale_M Hi Sven I will pass your remarks over to the Behringer Design team, on a similar matter the new Midas HD96 has full touch screen.
      • Thu at 12:32 AM
    • SvenBurgis
      Paul_Vannatto The Behringer Wing also has a touch screen.
      • Thu at 5:39 AM
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-08

Just tried to run the new X-Air Edit 1.7 in Linux, but it does nothing. Previous version X-AIR-Edit_LINUX_32-Bit_1.5 works fine. My system is 64bit, but the 32bit (it's N/A in 64b afaik) runs fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 54
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto X-Air Edit 1.7 works fine in my Linux Mint 20.2 (64 bit).
      • Aug 8
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

• Aug 8
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Ok, thanks Paul. Not sure why this is happening. Latest Manjaro 64bit version (latest kernel too). It's like when it's clickded to open, the system does nothing, I mean nothing!!! No waiting circle, no window open , nada!! Weird! Especially as 1.5 seems to work with no issues at all.

• Aug 8
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Dennis, have you tried to right click the app and in the properties make sure it is executable?
      • Aug 8
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Thanks Paul, yep it's marked as executable.

• Aug 8
  • New
    Robertjohn52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

The Behringer X32 compact digital mixing desk, Is this product discontinued?

0 23
    • Robertjohn52
      Paul_Vannatto I don't believe so. Why do you ask?
      • Sep 14
    • Robertjohn52
      Nigel67 Hi Robertjohn52. I can definitely confirm what Paul has mentioned above in that X32 Compact is not discontinued.
      • Sep 14
  • New
    Jerodb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

Recently had the fuse blow in my s16. I've located and removed the old one, but am having trouble figuring out what to use to replace! Hoping someone can point me to the right fuse to get! 

0 31
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-22

Hello,

1. Is it better to control my XR18 during a live gig through a wifi-connected (via external router) Android tablet or through a wifi connected (also via external router) PC (laptop)? 

2. Relatedly, is there some sort of priority one gets over the other? For example, if one person is making changes through the PC does the PC somehow block any changes another person puts in through their tablet or phone (changes to in ear monitor AUX outs, for example)?

3. Finally, can someone confirm that snapshots are saved in the mixer whereas scenes are saved in the controlling device? If so, if I save a scene in my laptop and call it up at the start of the gig, can I then move my controlling to the tablet and use the tablet during the gig? Then at the end of the gig would I have to start the laptop back up to save the gig's "scene"?

Thanks and sorry for the complicated questions. I am new and we gig tomorrow.

Brian

read more...
    0 8
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto 1. Yes that is the way I've been doing it for the past few years. For the android app, you should get Mixing Station and use a dual (or triple) band external router (use the 5Ghz band).
      2. No, there is no priority. But with Mixing Station, you can restrict control to a certain mixbus (for their IEM's, etc) and you can run unrestricted for the Main LR outputs.
      3. Yes, snapshot are stored in the XR18 (up to 64 of them) and scenes are stored on the device (eg. laptop) as scene files. What you describe is how I do it.
      • 7 hours ago
  • New
    AgnePabreza
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

Hello, just obtained Midas HD96. The hesitate i have now what stage box to pick it if the main  console is HD96 and monitor console is Midas ProX? 

Would be very grateful for professional and clear advise! 

0 41
    • AgnePabreza
      Nigel67 Hi Agne, if you want to use separate head amps, then go for the DL231. This will require upgrading to HD96 software version, but will then work on both HD and PROX. I would advise that you submit a ticket to the Technical Support team regarding this so they can talk you through the upgrade and I am sure you will have questions on upgrading the IO box through the HD96 as well as other upgrade questions. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Aug 10
      • stage box work with Hd96 and ProX
        AgnePabreza Dear Nigel, thank you very much for your answer, and I was thinking to do as usual, but im a bit cinfused how to fill it since its requires sedescription of a priblem and so on, or just to fill no matter what but just to describe question in the window below?
        • Aug 10
  • New
    JuanDahmen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-04

Hello.
    I recently bought two SD8 and a SD16 to use as XLR boxes in my studio and be able to conect the mics in several places of the recording room via one CAT5 cable to the control room. The thing is I can easily use one of them but can't get to record using the three on cascade.
    I have the AES50 A input conected to the A input on a SD8. The B of that SD8 conected to the A of the SD16 and the B of the SD16 to the A of a SD8. I entered the routing page and it detects the three boxes as in A mode (or channel or whatever). I then set the inputs as follows:
    1-8 to AES50 A9-16 (the SD16)

9-16 to AES50 A-17-24 (the SD16)

17-24 to AES50 A1-8 (the first SD8)

25-32 toAES50 25-32 /the second SD8)

It's so I have the first 16 inputs in the SD16 where my drums are.

In the X32 you can see the input signals correcly but when going to record in my MAC through the usb connection it all seems messed up and it only recognices some inputs...

Noting that I have 32 inputs enabled and have recorded them before using the XLR inputs of the X32. I use Ableton Live 10 on a MAC.

As always, thanks a lot for your time and support.

read more...
    0 17
    • JuanDahmen
      Paul_Vannatto That screen is meant to assign the inputs to the X32. To assign signals from the X32 to the Card, you have to use the Routing, Card screen.
      • Oct 4
      • Routing SD8 + SD16 + SD8 for recorging on MAC
        JuanDahmen Thanks for replying. As far as I see my CARD tab in the routing menu has only "expansion card outputs". Is that what you mean?
        I use version 4.06 in my X32
        • Oct 4
        JuanDahmen Aaaaaand despite saying card outputs and not inputs, it works now like a charm. Thank you a lot. Cheers :*
        • Oct 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin Because you select what signals the consoles outputs trough the card.
        • ·
        • Oct 4
Go to page