Statistics

289,846 members
172,410 posts
  • New
    manoaratefy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-23

Hello,

I've found recently that the Behringer S16 can be used as standalone stagebox. But as the S16 have only 8 outputs, the 9-16 output coming from another S16 in the stage is routed to ADAT in the FOX S16, so I have to add a ADAT-analog converter in my setup to get these output.

I'm wondering if SD8 can be used as same purpose, because SD8 has 8 in / 8 out, so with the same setup, I can hook up 2x SD8 on the stage and 2x SD8 in FOH.

Or is there any another easy setup to make use of digital stagebox with analog mixers?

read more...
    0 81
    • manoaratefy
      Nigel67 Hi manoaratefy. The S16 has the option of using its built in clock to connect to other IO boxes so a mixer is not required. The SD8 does not have a built in clock and therefore needs to receive an external clock from a mixer or S16 to work. Therefore, unfortunately you cannot use two SD8s as stand alone stage boxes as neither can provide a clock. You could connect an S16 to two SD8 giving you 16 inputs (S16) and then 16 outputs (2 x SD8).
      • September 22, 2021
  • New
    SvenBurgis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

Hello,

i really use many years Behringer Products, but in my and from sond engineers opinion e are missing new innovation. example Touch screen or optical connection between mixing and S16(Example). 

So how your next innovation?? 

Best Recards 

Sven Burgis

read more...
    0 16
    • SvenBurgis
      Dale_M Hi Sven I will pass your remarks over to the Behringer Design team, on a similar matter the new Midas HD96 has full touch screen.
      • October 21, 2021
    • SvenBurgis
      Paul_Vannatto The Behringer Wing also has a touch screen.
      • October 21, 2021
  • New
    Sixmilewide
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

we have recently purchased a xr18, we have guitars,vocals and drums in through the preferred channel strips.

when we solo the bass channel to Eq it this works great, when we solo each individual drum to do the same the solo button acts like a mute.

does anyone know where we are going wrong.

read more...
    0 28
    • Sixmilewide
      Dale_M Hi there, we would advise testing the XR18 on another PC/MAC and see if the fault follows the unit, if you need further support please raise a Technical ticket from the Support tab above.
      • November 11, 2021
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-08

Just tried to run the new X-Air Edit 1.7 in Linux, but it does nothing. Previous version X-AIR-Edit_LINUX_32-Bit_1.5 works fine. My system is 64bit, but the 32bit (it's N/A in 64b afaik) runs fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 72
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto X-Air Edit 1.7 works fine in my Linux Mint 20.2 (64 bit).
      • August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

• August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Ok, thanks Paul. Not sure why this is happening. Latest Manjaro 64bit version (latest kernel too). It's like when it's clickded to open, the system does nothing, I mean nothing!!! No waiting circle, no window open , nada!! Weird! Especially as 1.5 seems to work with no issues at all.

• August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Dennis, have you tried to right click the app and in the properties make sure it is executable?
      • August 8, 2021
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Thanks Paul, yep it's marked as executable.

• August 8, 2021
  • New
    AdhocHavoc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-18

Hi All, Great community here, and a lot of good information. 

Situation: I have an X18, connected via Ethernet, to a wireless router. The iPad is running the latest version of XAir, and is connected, and controls the mixer, without issue, most of the time. However, in the past three weeks, I've had two instances of the following issue:
    While using the mixer, in the middle of the event, the mixer will lose wireless connection, and all audio to all connections are muted. Any attempts to connect to the mixer via wi-fi is futile. Relaunching the iPad X Air software will not reconnect to the mixer. During this time, our wireless, and Ethernet connections continue to function normally. We are required to hard reset the mixer by powering it off, and on. This does resolve the issue, and we are able to reconnect to the mixer. All primary channels are muted(Main and Aux busses). After unmuting all channels, the mixer functions normally.

Attempted Resolution:
    We updated to the latest firmware, which interesting enough fixes an memory issue with mixers that are not shut down (ours is running continuously). We're not sure if this resolves the problem, since we've only recently updated, and the problem is intermittent.

We will also be running hardwired via USB to XAir Edit on a MacBook Pro, during the next event.

I have an X Air 18, with older firmware, that does not have this issue.

Questions:

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I suspect the issue is hardware related (All primary channels being muted after power on/off, I think is an indication of that)?

If the issue is hardware related, is there any way to access the mixer via Terminal, or some other software, to examine any logs on the X18?

Would a memory leak on the mixer, result in the mixer locking up?

Thanks in advance, for your replies.

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    Timo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-01

I am using an IPAD connected to an XR18 mixer.

I have initialized and only created a single mic channel.  On the METERS page I can see input level from the mic, levels on the FX send and the FX return. If I select the EFFECTS page I can see input/output on the Reverb plugin in slot 1.  But my audio output on the main LR does not have the added reverb????  The faders have no effect.

If I add the reverb directly to the channel from the INSERT page, it works.

read more...
    0 11
    • Timo
      GaryHiggins What settings are you using for main L/R and Monitor for Main Out? Are you using the earphones on the unit? Thinking you may not be actually hearing Main out.
      • Apr 1
  • New
    Robertjohn52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

The Behringer X32 compact digital mixing desk, Is this product discontinued?

0 32
    • Robertjohn52
      Paul_Vannatto I don't believe so. Why do you ask?
      • September 14, 2021
    • Robertjohn52
      Nigel67 Hi Robertjohn52. I can definitely confirm what Paul has mentioned above in that X32 Compact is not discontinued.
      • September 14, 2021
  • New
    Blejmarc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-18

Hi guys? l am looking for x32 RACK DEMO Firmware dcp_corefs_release-4.03.update and X32-Edit_PC .exe file

0 3
  • New
    Jerodb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

Recently had the fuse blow in my s16. I've located and removed the old one, but am having trouble figuring out what to use to replace! Hoping someone can point me to the right fuse to get! 

0 73
  • New
    georgeswayze
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-03

Just received a X32 compact and SD16 stage box. Can configure the X32 channels for phantom power but that option disapears on the SD16 channels. Can you set SD16 channels to phantom power?

0 19
    • georgeswayze
      Paul_Vannatto Do you have sync with the SD16 (green light on X32 and SD16)? If not you will never be able to control phantom, gain or anything. Make sure the AES50 cable is connected to the SD16 A port (not the B port).
      • Apr 2
      • Behringer SD16 phantom power
        georgeswayze Green light and working in and out. Just phantom power selection missing on SD16 channel configuration
        • Apr 3
      • Behringer SD16 phantom power
        georgeswayze You were right. I tried to configure before connecting. All ok.
        • ·
        • Apr 3
    • georgeswayze
      Paul_Vannatto Can you control the phantom and gain in the Setup, preamps screen? If you only have the one SD16 connected to the AES50 A or B of the X32, then it would be the first 2 banks of the appropriate list (A or B).
      • Apr 3
Go to page