Statistics

260,506 members
139,099 posts
  • New
    Robertjohn52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

The Behringer X32 compact digital mixing desk, Is this product discontinued?

0 25
    • Robertjohn52
      Paul_Vannatto I don't believe so. Why do you ask?
      • Sep 14
    • Robertjohn52
      Nigel67 Hi Robertjohn52. I can definitely confirm what Paul has mentioned above in that X32 Compact is not discontinued.
      • Sep 14
  • New
    Jerodb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

Recently had the fuse blow in my s16. I've located and removed the old one, but am having trouble figuring out what to use to replace! Hoping someone can point me to the right fuse to get! 

0 40
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-22

Hello,

1. Is it better to control my XR18 during a live gig through a wifi-connected (via external router) Android tablet or through a wifi connected (also via external router) PC (laptop)? 

2. Relatedly, is there some sort of priority one gets over the other? For example, if one person is making changes through the PC does the PC somehow block any changes another person puts in through their tablet or phone (changes to in ear monitor AUX outs, for example)?

3. Finally, can someone confirm that snapshots are saved in the mixer whereas scenes are saved in the controlling device? If so, if I save a scene in my laptop and call it up at the start of the gig, can I then move my controlling to the tablet and use the tablet during the gig? Then at the end of the gig would I have to start the laptop back up to save the gig's "scene"?

Thanks and sorry for the complicated questions. I am new and we gig tomorrow.

Brian

read more...
    0 25
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto 1. Yes that is the way I've been doing it for the past few years. For the android app, you should get Mixing Station and use a dual (or triple) band external router (use the 5Ghz band).
      2. No, there is no priority. But with Mixing Station, you can restrict control to a certain mixbus (for their IEM's, etc) and you can run unrestricted for the Main LR outputs.
      3. Yes, snapshot are stored in the XR18 (up to 64 of them) and scenes are stored on the device (eg. laptop) as scene files. What you describe is how I do it.
      • Oct 22
  • New
    AgnePabreza
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

Hello, just obtained Midas HD96. The hesitate i have now what stage box to pick it if the main  console is HD96 and monitor console is Midas ProX? 

Would be very grateful for professional and clear advise! 

0 46
    • AgnePabreza
      Nigel67 Hi Agne, if you want to use separate head amps, then go for the DL231. This will require upgrading to HD96 software version, but will then work on both HD and PROX. I would advise that you submit a ticket to the Technical Support team regarding this so they can talk you through the upgrade and I am sure you will have questions on upgrading the IO box through the HD96 as well as other upgrade questions. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Aug 10
      • stage box work with Hd96 and ProX
        AgnePabreza Dear Nigel, thank you very much for your answer, and I was thinking to do as usual, but im a bit cinfused how to fill it since its requires sedescription of a priblem and so on, or just to fill no matter what but just to describe question in the window below?
        • Aug 10
  • New
    JuanDahmen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-04

Hello.
    I recently bought two SD8 and a SD16 to use as XLR boxes in my studio and be able to conect the mics in several places of the recording room via one CAT5 cable to the control room. The thing is I can easily use one of them but can't get to record using the three on cascade.
    I have the AES50 A input conected to the A input on a SD8. The B of that SD8 conected to the A of the SD16 and the B of the SD16 to the A of a SD8. I entered the routing page and it detects the three boxes as in A mode (or channel or whatever). I then set the inputs as follows:
    1-8 to AES50 A9-16 (the SD16)

9-16 to AES50 A-17-24 (the SD16)

17-24 to AES50 A1-8 (the first SD8)

25-32 toAES50 25-32 /the second SD8)

It's so I have the first 16 inputs in the SD16 where my drums are.

In the X32 you can see the input signals correcly but when going to record in my MAC through the usb connection it all seems messed up and it only recognices some inputs...

Noting that I have 32 inputs enabled and have recorded them before using the XLR inputs of the X32. I use Ableton Live 10 on a MAC.

As always, thanks a lot for your time and support.

read more...
    0 20
    • JuanDahmen
      Paul_Vannatto That screen is meant to assign the inputs to the X32. To assign signals from the X32 to the Card, you have to use the Routing, Card screen.
      • Oct 4
      • Routing SD8 + SD16 + SD8 for recorging on MAC
        JuanDahmen Thanks for replying. As far as I see my CARD tab in the routing menu has only "expansion card outputs". Is that what you mean?
        I use version 4.06 in my X32
        • Oct 4
        JuanDahmen Aaaaaand despite saying card outputs and not inputs, it works now like a charm. Thank you a lot. Cheers :*
        • Oct 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin Because you select what signals the consoles outputs trough the card.
        • ·
        • Oct 4
  • New
    the007goose
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-13

I've got my M32R connected via USb to my MBP, my computer monitors are connected via 1/4 into the talk back monitors on the M32R. How do I configure the M32R to play internet audio/itunes, etc thru the talk back monitor outputs?   Is there a better way to connect my monitors for this purpose? 

read more...
    0 7
    • the007goose
      Paul_Vannatto On the Routing, Inputs screen, assign Card 1-2 to the Aux In Remap. Then select the Aux layer of faders and raise the Aux 1/2 faders as well as solo those 2 channels.
      • Nov 13
    • the007goose
      the007goose

thank you so much!!!

• Nov 14
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

Hi

I am interested in picking this up cheap because it has a big touchscreen, but the processor is only 1.8 GHz - will that be a problem please?

Has Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Thanks

Phil

0 6
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Which Edit? Also don't rely on the thread title to provide info, since it is cut off.
      • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi. Xair 18, sorry. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. Could you take a look at my thread about trying to use LA2a as an insert please? I am now getting input and output, but still no needle movement. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto You shouldn't have any issues running X-Air Edit, since it takes very little resources.
      • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Cool, thank you
      • Oct 5
  • New
    sbaker4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-14

Overnight my XR18 started doing this after months of working fine. Inputs 9-16 now have noticable white noise added early in the signal chain, mixed with the input signal.

The noise level changes when Mic Gain or the channel fader are adjusted.

The noise stops when the Channel Source is switched from Mic/Line to USB (or the channel is muted)

I've tried power cycling, upgrading the firmware to 1.18, and initializing the settings to factory through X-Air-Edit, all with no change.

Can anybody help with this?

read more...
    0 15
    • sbaker4
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Unfortunately it sounds like it could be a physical fault, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket. Click on Support and then click on Care/Service to submit a ticket.
      • Nov 14
    • sbaker4
      sbaker4

Actually I just turned it off so that it could properly cool down and the problem has gone away! The weather is warming up here, so it looks like overheating is something I need to become aware of.

• Nov 14
  • New
    RexMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-18

I've just created a new USER 01 on the XR 18 in X AIR Edit for a Mac.
    I put in 10Channels (10th being the L|R Main Channel.)
    After saving a "Scene and Snapshot" of everything, I closed it down then relaunched the program.
    When I went to load the USER 01, my MAIN L|R channel has disappeared, along with the 3x buttons "Select/Move/Resize". I've shut it down, rebooted my laptop, but they're still missing.
    I understand for Windows PC the settings are stored in the file X-AIREdit.init and you can fix the problem by editing the file and reducing the first number in the line that starts: -localprefs/user1 8 OFF 21 22 23 ... which is near the end of the file or to just delete the file and the X-Air Edit will recreate it when you start it again.

How is this done on a Mac where is the file located? Thanks 

read more...
    0 18
    • RexMiller
      DaveMorrison look at the "com.musictribe.X32-Edit.plist" under in your Users/Library/Preferences (~/Library/)
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller The only file I could find was com.musictribe.X-Air-Edit.plist. I deleted it , initialized the mixer and did a hard reset. User1 still uneditable. Came up with the same number of channels but empty unless I loaded a scene. Seems as though once it’s done, the mixer stores it that way permanently. Did not see any language in the plist referring to Utility User1. May have some plist elsewhere that I cannot find. Been very frustrating. This was mention 3 years ago and still nothing done to fix this.
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      Paul_Vannatto What version of X-Air Edit are you using? Version 1.7 (linux) works fine here.
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller Using Version 1.7 on a Mac.
      • Sep 18
    • RexMiller
      RexMiller Finally got it working. Discovered that even after deleting the plist, initializing the system from Setup, then opening and closing the program, it does not create a new plist until a scene is loaded. So I deleted the plist, initialized the program and saved that as a scene. Closed then opened it and loaded the scene and I was able to edit the User1 again. After deleting some channels from it I then loaded my scene that I had from a previous setup and the User1 worked again. It is buggy how that works and whatever scene your in, the number of channels selected from the User settings never change unless edited. Even then it carries over from the last change. There is a limit to how many channels one can add before things disappear but I’m not sure what that number is. The software needs fixed for the User settings for sure.
      • Sep 18
  • New
    MichaelVincentd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-07-26

Is it possible to cascade two different brands of stage box from AES50A(Dl16) to AES50B(S16) with midas m32..if possible, what other thoughts to consider..thanks a lot guys 

0 125
    • MichaelVincentd
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Yes you can daisy chain the DL16 and S16 together, you could also connect one to each port on your M32. The connection would be M32 AES50A or B to S16 A, from S16 B to DL16 A. The order/position which you use does not matter, as long as you configure the units correctly. You should set one to OUT +8 mode so that one unit uses Outputs 1-8 and the other Outputs 9-16.
      • Jul 26
    • MichaelVincentd
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Michael, yes you can mix stageboxes, such as the DL16 and S16, as long as they send and receive AES50 signals. The main difference between the DL16 and S16 are the preamps and output (Midas vs Midas designed).
      • Jul 26
Go to page