Statistics

260,501 members
139,093 posts
  • New
    amathenia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-12

We just moved our Pro 1 inbto a space where we had previously used an X32. We connected to our two DL153 units and everything shows they are connected and talking to each other. We ran software updates on all three units. We routed everything 1 to 1, so the last input on the second unit is patched to channel 32, etc. 

The first 8 channels on both units are peaking on the meters at the board, but silently. They don't make a sound. When we plug in a mic, no audio passes through to the board. 

Has anyone encountered something like this before? Any ideas what may cause it or how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 37
    • amathenia
      KevinMaxwell I had an issue like that once and I think it was that the synchronization was set to the wrong device or maybe it was 2 devices were set to be the master.
      • Aug 13
    • amathenia
      amathenia

Solved! Turns out it was a super easy fix and I feel kinda dumb. The stage boxes were set to 48khz and the board needs them to come in at 96khz. Apparently it’s a known issue (though I couldn’t find it on any discussion) that this causes peak noise. As soon as I set the boxes to 96khz, they worked great.

• Aug 13
    • amathenia
      MarioNelsonRodriguez X air 12usb
      • Aug 14
  • New
    ReinhardKlamm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-31

Hi folks

I am now on the DP48 Trip using POE and this works fine. Now it would be great to get this POE Based Stagebox DL8. Any Information about this?

0 15
    • ReinhardKlamm
      DavidKnighton Hello Reinhard,
      The product development is unknown at this time. I would check back periodically, as nearly all product releases are posted here in the community.
      • Aug 31
  • New
    robgwin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Hi all,

I am considering a stage setup where I would connect the balanced outs of an onstage Behringer XR18 to the house snake and ultimately to FOH mic inputs. I would be sure to attenuate the XR18 output to send a mic-level signal.

However, I'm concerned about the possibility of damage to the XR18 if FOH were to (perhaps accidentally) send 48v phantom power on those channels. I'm finding opinions on both sides of this question, but it ultimately seems to come down to whether the specific mixer has blocking caps on the outputs to protect against unwanted voltage.

Does anybody know if the XR18 outputs have such protection? Or how I might go about finding out? Haven't been able to find anything about this in Behringer documentation.

I know I can avoid the question entirely with DI boxes, but I'm trying to figure out if that's really necessary.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 9
    • robgwin
      Nigel67 Hi robgwin. Yes they do have protection on their outputs, but eventually this protection will fail if 48V is continuously applied to the outputs. The transient as the 48V is switched will be the main culprit for damaging the output circuitry. I would advise that if you know that there is a good chance the outputs are going to have 48V applied to them, then you should think about using DI boxes. Even the Pro consoles, no matter how much protection is built in to the output circuitry, are still susceptible to damage from unwanted 48V applied to them. I have repaired plenty.
      • Oct 9
      • Could Behringer XR18 outputs be damaged by unwanted phantom power?
        robgwin Much appreciated, thanks!
        • ·
        • Oct 11
  • New
    davep54
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

I just need to know the configuration on the aes50 cabeling and and how to send all my  outputs from the dl32. I so far have no problem getting all the inputs to both consoles but the outputs are a problem.I wanted to ust xlr out 7 and 8 as my m32C foh mix output and 15 and 16 for x32  for foh in another room. Aslo wanted to send buss mixes 1-6 out of dl32 for monitor sends from x32.

Hope this make sense. This routing system makes no sense to me and I'm not new here.

I thought the newer firmware would make it easier and for inputs it does but I cant make sense of the output section.

read more...
    0 27
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately your description of your outputs is unclear. Also you didn't provide your interconnectivity mapping (how everything is connected together). For example:
      X32 [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      davep54 I didn't provide mapping cuz that is what i'm looking for to start. then i need to figure how to get the routing where I need it. so I will explain again. I have an X32 at Foh that will get its inputs from DL32 at the stage. that x32 will provide house l+r and 6 monitor sends to stage where dl 32 is. Then I have an M32C at the stage that will get its inputs from the DL32 also. I need the M32C to send the its l + r outputs out of The DL 32 and the X32 Also to send l +r out plus the 6 monitor sends out of the dl32. The M32C is Basically mixing for a different room but all the outs from both boards ar coming from the dl32. Hope this is more clear.
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Your second description is much clearer. The interconnectivity mapping I provided will work for your scenario. Give me a bit of time to work out the routing. Which console do you want to control the DL32 preamps?
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      davep54 The X32
      • Oct 7
    • davep54
      Paul_Vannatto Here you go Dave.

Interconnectivity mapping ([A] and [B] are AES50 ports)
      X32 [B] <-> [A] M32C [B] <-> [A] DL32

X32 and M32C
      Routing, Inputs
      * Inputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8
      * Inputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16
      * Inputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24
      * Inputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32

Routing, Out 1-16 (setting up a bank of 8)
      * Output 1 -> bus 1 (post)
      * Output 2 -> bus 2 (post)
      ... (etc)
      * Output 6 -> bus 6 (post)
      * Output 7 -> Main L (post)
      * Output 8 -> Main R (post)

X32
      Routing, AES50 B (to M32C)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> Out 1-8 (X32 outputs)

Routing, XLR Out (outputs on the back of the X32 console)
      * Outputs 1-4 -> AES50 B33-36 (M32C outputs)
      * Outputs 5-8 -> AES50 B37-40 (M32C outputs)

M32C
      Routing, AES50 A (to X32)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32 (DL32 inputs)
      * Outputs 33-40 -> Out 1-8 (M32 outputs)

Routing, AES50 B (to DL32 outputs)
      * Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8 (X32 outputs)
      * Outputs 9-16 -> Out 1-8 (M32 outputs)

Typically the console closest to the stagebox has control of the preamps. To relinquish control of M32C to X32, select HA Remote AES50 A, on the M32C Setup, preamps screen.

If you want digital trims on both of the consoles, also select the HA Gain Split. That will mean that the X32 console will have to control the actual DL32 gains on its Setup, preamps screen.
      • Oct 7
  • New
    jjfredrick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-01

Is it plossible to save mix presets on SD Cards.  I am an audio enginner at the church that has 20+ band members that rotate in an out of the band each week.  Our church recently upgraded to a Midas M32, DL32, Hub4, and DP48 personal mixers and it would be ideal to be able to save each of their DP48 mixes to an SD card that can then be loaded on whichever DP48 unit they might be using in a given week they are volunteering.

Admittedly, I'm still getting up to speed on this system, so perhaps I have overlooked an easier solution, but welcome any insights and/or suggestions for managing this scenario.

read more...
    0 10
    • jjfredrick
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jeff, yes you can save mix presets to either the 12 internal memory or 12 preset files on the SD card. Press the Setup and SD Rec buttons simultaneously and a menu will come on the screen with Load, Save, Delete, Read, Write, etc.). Select the Write, then one of the 12 group buttons to save to the SD card. It will save a file in the DP48M folder, such as dp48_sd_pre_01.bin (last 2 digits will be preset number). Selecting the Read, then one of the group buttons to load the desired preset from the SD card.

If you want to have specific presets affiliated to specific musicians, I would suggest you create individual folders on a hard drive named by the musicians' names and place the appropriate preset files in them. Unfortunately the files have to be named exactly as shown above, or the DP48 will not read them.
      • Sep 1
  • New
    Snayp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-29

I have an perfectly working one of XR18 mixer and after switching power ON - the "LD2" LED flashing some seconds and "LD1" LED lights up. On not working XR18 mixer the "LD2" LED is flashing but "LD1" LED doesn't power up. And not working mixer doesn't shows up on my computer connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet or USB. I think it is a problem with Firmware but I can't update it or doing something else because mixer can't be connected to the computer. What i have to do in this case to fix this problem?

read more...
    0 30
    • Snayp
      WilliamR Hello,

Please click the support link above and create a tech support ticket. Someone will contact you to help you out ASAP.
      • Oct 29
  • New
    TommyMuckleshoot
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-29

I think my DL 351 is toast,

When I connect it to any midas borad it acts like it is connected I see all 3 green lites and than it doesn't show any audio coming into the stage box or output anything. Anyone can help me? Also does midas havea phone number I can call to see what they can do?

read more...
    0 7
    • TommyMuckleshoot
      WilliamR Hello,
      Could you please submit a technical support ticket on the support link above and provide as much detail on the issue and your setup as possible? A tech support agent will get this sorted for you ASAP.
      • Oct 29
  • New
    DanLibeert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-29

Hello,

In encounter the folowing problem:

I have connected an SD8 + SD16 + SD8 via AES50 to my X32.

Now i want to use outputs 17-24 on my last SD8.

Slide switches on these tree stageboxes are set to 1-8 on firts SD8, 9-16 on second SD16 and 17-24 on last SD8.

Now i cannot find out how to configure my X32 to acces outputs 17-24 since the routing tab of analog out does not show these outputs (only 1-16 are visible).

In the meantime i have updated my firmware of the X32 to the latest version 4.x but this gives me no answer to my problem.

Can anyone help me please?

read more...
    0 68
    • DanLibeert
      GaryHiggins It’s what is assigned for aes50a outs 17-24,, stagebox xlr outputs, depending on switch position use aes50 1-8, aes50 9-16 and aes50 17-24. XLR out routing is only for the actual mixer xlr’s.
      • Jul 29
      • X32 + SD8 + SD16 + SD8
        GaryHiggins If you want additional sources use either the aux out or the Ultranet out routing menus, define those ch’s and select a bank from either of those for aes50a out 17-24. By default aes50 17-24 just repeats the out 1-8 analog assignments, you have to change it.
        • Jul 29
  • New
    thewesr
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-08-16

My XR18 worked great until today when the USB from the mixer is no longer recognized by my Macbook Pro or my Mac Mini - both running Big Sur.

I don't know if it is an issue with my computers (Big Sur) or with my XR18.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you.

read more...
    0 31
    • thewesr
      Nigel67 Hi thewesr. Can I confirm that the Macbook and Mini running Big Sur were working fine with the XR18, but have now stopped or have you just upgraded them both to Big Sur and they have stopped working? If they were working with Big Sur, is there anything that you have changed in the set up, as if not, I would say that the USB port on the XR18 has possibly failed. Have you tried another USB cable? Please send our Technical Team a support ticket and they will be able to advise further and if necessary get your XR18 booked in for repair. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • Aug 15
  • New
    JeffSterling
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-21

Is there any way possible to use the XR16 as an audio interface?

USB stereo recording is all it seems capable of I am hoping some smart bugger out there figured a way to get that USB into Pro Tools. Right now We have a Mac Mini hooked up as a controller with the network connection and USB to the MAC, Pro Tools lists it in the interfaces pull down but not in the DAW set up. 

read more...
    0 22
    • JeffSterling
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately, that is not possible with the XR16. You would need to get an XR18 or X32 to provide multi-tracking to a DAW via USB.
      • Sep 21
      • XR16 recording via USB
        JeffSterling Thanks Paull, I knew this but was hoping some ingenious sole would have a work around if even just the stereo feed that the USB records be able to show up as a stereo input into the DAW... If not its drag and drop from the USB drive. it seems to be available as in interface in the pull down window. in Ptools.
        • Sep 21
Go to page