259,820 members
138,239 posts
  • New
    MiguelPires
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-03

Hi.

I bought a new XR18 to replace me XR16.

I connected it to my Mac and loaded all my saved snapshots to the XR18. I also updated the firmware.

When I turn the mixer on and connect my microphone an piano, no sound goes in the mixer. Nothing. I tried initializing but it didn't help.

Anyone with the sme issues? How do I fix this?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 13
    • MiguelPires
      NicJonesMT Hi Miguel.
      Could you please provide a screen shot of the App so that we can see how you have the input and output signals routed, and also how you have the channel setup?
      From there we can then advise you further. It may also be worth submitting a technical support ticket and provide this information.
      • Sep 3
  • New
    MaxGarcia
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-09-22

My dl251 needs service, I submitted a ticket but haven't received a response. Does anyone have a timeframe as to when I will get a response? Is Sweetwater the only authorized repair facity or are there others? I'm in Houston TX. 

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 21
    • MaxGarcia
      Nigel67 Hi MaxGarcia. I can only apologise that you have not received a reply to your ticket from us. If you could reply with your ticket number and I will investigate further. Please also check your Spam and Junk folders and our replies sometimes end up in these. Many thanks
      • Sep 21
    • MaxGarcia
      Nigel67 Hi MaxGarcia. I have found your case and it is one of the next to be answered. I am sure you will hear a reply from the Service Team today. Please make sure that you check your Spam and Junk folders at the end of the day if you haven't heard anything as e-mails sometimes end up in there. Again, apologies for the delay.
      • Sep 22
    • MaxGarcia
      tlbreaux99 Good Luck with getting reply in a timely fashion. I have been getting communication on an issue, but went an entire day yesterday with no update or response at all. Customer Service has really deteriorated
      • Sep 22
    • MaxGarcia
      MaxGarcia

I have been fortunate in that all my experiences have been positive throughout the years. I have upcoming shows I need my gear, I hate having to rent gear to cover what I've already purchased.

• Sep 22
  • New
    dghuang
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-03

Anyone know where I could find a replacement power supply for the s32?  

Our s32 just stopped working.  We've tried other cables. It just won't turn on... no LEDs, no fan, etc.  

We figure maybe we could open it up and replace the power supply. 

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 20
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-22

Hi

I have 2 lead singers and I would like to try the dual mode Fairchild compressor as an insert

The manual is a bit thin on this, but as I see it I just have to load the compressor in the rack, click the insert button, select channels 1 and 2 from the dropdown list, then click the purple button for each channel. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 9
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Phil, yes that is correct.
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Great, thanks much!
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi again. So if the other 2 compressor plugin FX are only stereo, presumably I can only really use those on a stereo bus please? I guess the same question goes for the Pultec EQ clones too. I would like to try the Pultec as an insert on kick drum, but I suspect if I click the insert button and select Channel 10 from the channel list I will only get the EQ applied to either the left or the right side of the PA which would be silly. Thanks
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The other 2 compressors come in both dual (mono) and stereo, just like the Fairchild one.

Regarding your second question (Pultek EQ as an insert), I don't think you are understanding how an insert works. The kick signal will be a mono signal. If there is an FX inserted into the signal chain, the resulting (wet) signal will return as a mono signal to the signal path.
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi Paul. So I could use the Pultec on the kick if I want to give up an FX slot? Thanks.
      • Sep 22
  • New
    robkatz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-02

I'd like to find a cost effective carry case for the XR18 mixer.  Something simple to put it in when moving it within our building from one event space to another.  We don't need something that can deal with the bumps of airflight :-)

0 45
  • New
    Sfazio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-21

Hello musictribe community,

I am trying to route the outputs of two DL16 units that are connected to a M32C.  I would like to be able to have the 8 outputs on one DL16 routed to outputs 1-8 and the 8 outputs on the other DL16 routed to outputs 9-16.  I have the first DL16  routed out of the M32C AES50-A port into AES50-A of the DL16, and then the second DL16 routed out of AES50-B of the first DL16 into AES50-A of the second DL16 producing GREEN link lights for all. The first DL16 has been configured to Outputs 1-8 and the second DL16 has been configured to output Outputs 9-16.  The AES50-A tab has Outputs 1-8 selected for the first DL16 and Outputs 9-16 for the second DL16.  My inputs are showing up as desired, however only the DL16 that is configured for Outputs 9-16 is outputting correctly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

read more...
    0 6
    • Sfazio
      GaryHiggins Sounds like your first dl16 is not set to the correct config setting, It should be set such that it is all the way counterclockwise as far as it will go, which would be the out 1-8 setting (no led lit) the second sounds like it’s set correctly to the +8 setting as it should be.
      • Nov 20
    • Sfazio
      Sfazio

Thank you for your response. I have confirmed that the first DL16 is set as recommended and still no success. Oddly enough, if I make my second DL16 outputs 1-8 and visa versa, they continue to work on the second DL16, but still not the first.

• Nov 20
      • M32C Output Routing with Two DL16’s
        GaryHiggins The only (few) things besides malfunction of hardware (and need for repair) ...does the firmware of the DL16's need updating? You have I assume checked the outputs 1-16 menu to confirm out 1thru 8 say what you intended? It may be worth changing aes50 cable, I have heard of odd things happening that come down to a defective cable being the culprit.
        • Nov 21
  • New
    Leomozoloa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

Hello !

Since the new update of X/R air edit 1.7 on windows (haven't tested any other OS), the loading or saving explorer window defaults to %USERPROFILE% all the time, it doesn't seem to remember the previous browsed folder like in previous versions.

While I know this can come across as a minor problem, since I'm installing my files and backing them up on dozens of clients machines every months and I also have to load the sessions several times as the FX Racks tend to not load their presets, it's become a bit frustrating.

I hope this request reaches someone from the staff !

Thanks for keeping the good old trusty XRs updated even 8 years later !

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

Hi

I was at a practice last night with a band I am mixing this weekend. They have a Driverack PA in the House signal path and a DBX feedback buster on the monitors. Neither of these was registering an input more than 2 bars and I think I need a stronger signal, especially for the house.

I have healthy enough signals at the input (I had to turn down a couple that were hitting the red a little) and I had all the faders set to 0 dB. I disabled a compressor on the L/R bus that was hitting way too hard, and that got be a bit more signal, but the input indicators on the driverack are still 3 bars shy of 0dB.

I'm thinking maybe put an LA-2 on the L/R bus and tickle it with some makeup gain?

Thanks. Phil

read more...
    0 9
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Double check your routing to make sure it is the Main LR you are expecting going to the Driverack PA. Also check the cables (yes they can go bad).
      • Sep 24
      • Mixer output is low
        Soccerman58 Hi. What should I be looking for please? I think I am good because if I select the Main bus and jiggle the slider, the PA volume goes up and down (as I would expect). But a double-check doesn't hurt. Thanks. Phil
        • Sep 25
  • New
    MichaelCarrera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-16

I have problem with my digital snake ASE50 port , can i replace the ASE50 Port?

0 62
    • MichaelCarrera
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Please click on the support link above and open a support ticket and someone will contact you to get this sorted for you.
      • Jul 16
  • New
    redking
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

Hi there

I love my MR18 mixer / interface - what is the future of this lineup?  Looks like maybe it is near the end of its product cycle and maybe something else is in development?  Would love to see an "MR32" and see it go to the next level.  Maybe with 16 combi jack mic pres and make it expandible to another 16 with a stage box.  I could see this being a great solution for small studios that want the flexibility to take the rig mobile to record live shows.

read more...
    1 46
Go to page