Statistics

269,281 members
148,969 posts
  • New
    Sfazio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-21

Hello musictribe community,

I am trying to route the outputs of two DL16 units that are connected to a M32C.  I would like to be able to have the 8 outputs on one DL16 routed to outputs 1-8 and the 8 outputs on the other DL16 routed to outputs 9-16.  I have the first DL16  routed out of the M32C AES50-A port into AES50-A of the DL16, and then the second DL16 routed out of AES50-B of the first DL16 into AES50-A of the second DL16 producing GREEN link lights for all. The first DL16 has been configured to Outputs 1-8 and the second DL16 has been configured to output Outputs 9-16.  The AES50-A tab has Outputs 1-8 selected for the first DL16 and Outputs 9-16 for the second DL16.  My inputs are showing up as desired, however only the DL16 that is configured for Outputs 9-16 is outputting correctly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

read more...
    0 10
    • Sfazio
      GaryHiggins Sounds like your first dl16 is not set to the correct config setting, It should be set such that it is all the way counterclockwise as far as it will go, which would be the out 1-8 setting (no led lit) the second sounds like it’s set correctly to the +8 setting as it should be.
      • November 20, 2021
    • Sfazio
      Sfazio

Thank you for your response. I have confirmed that the first DL16 is set as recommended and still no success. Oddly enough, if I make my second DL16 outputs 1-8 and visa versa, they continue to work on the second DL16, but still not the first.

• November 20, 2021
      • M32C Output Routing with Two DL16’s
        GaryHiggins The only (few) things besides malfunction of hardware (and need for repair) ...does the firmware of the DL16's need updating? You have I assume checked the outputs 1-16 menu to confirm out 1thru 8 say what you intended? It may be worth changing aes50 cable, I have heard of odd things happening that come down to a defective cable being the culprit.
        • November 21, 2021
  • New
    Leomozoloa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

Hello !

Since the new update of X/R air edit 1.7 on windows (haven't tested any other OS), the loading or saving explorer window defaults to %USERPROFILE% all the time, it doesn't seem to remember the previous browsed folder like in previous versions.

While I know this can come across as a minor problem, since I'm installing my files and backing them up on dozens of clients machines every months and I also have to load the sessions several times as the FX Racks tend to not load their presets, it's become a bit frustrating.

I hope this request reaches someone from the staff !

Thanks for keeping the good old trusty XRs updated even 8 years later !

read more...
    0 8
    • Leomozoloa
      Leomozoloa May I add, if you have multiple displays, right clicking a dot in the routing section is displaying the contextual menu (pre fader, pre EQ, post fader etc.) on the wrong screen ! This versions seems a bit buggy, is there some place where this is discussed or can be reported ?
      • December 5, 2021
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

Hi

I was at a practice last night with a band I am mixing this weekend. They have a Driverack PA in the House signal path and a DBX feedback buster on the monitors. Neither of these was registering an input more than 2 bars and I think I need a stronger signal, especially for the house.

I have healthy enough signals at the input (I had to turn down a couple that were hitting the red a little) and I had all the faders set to 0 dB. I disabled a compressor on the L/R bus that was hitting way too hard, and that got be a bit more signal, but the input indicators on the driverack are still 3 bars shy of 0dB.

I'm thinking maybe put an LA-2 on the L/R bus and tickle it with some makeup gain?

Thanks. Phil

read more...
    0 9
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Double check your routing to make sure it is the Main LR you are expecting going to the Driverack PA. Also check the cables (yes they can go bad).
      • September 24, 2021
      • Mixer output is low
        Soccerman58 Hi. What should I be looking for please? I think I am good because if I select the Main bus and jiggle the slider, the PA volume goes up and down (as I would expect). But a double-check doesn't hurt. Thanks. Phil
        • September 25, 2021
  • New
    MichaelCarrera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-16

I have problem with my digital snake ASE50 port , can i replace the ASE50 Port?

0 63
    • MichaelCarrera
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Please click on the support link above and open a support ticket and someone will contact you to get this sorted for you.
      • July 16, 2021
  • New
    redking
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-20

Hi there

I love my MR18 mixer / interface - what is the future of this lineup?  Looks like maybe it is near the end of its product cycle and maybe something else is in development?  Would love to see an "MR32" and see it go to the next level.  Maybe with 16 combi jack mic pres and make it expandible to another 16 with a stage box.  I could see this being a great solution for small studios that want the flexibility to take the rig mobile to record live shows.

read more...
    1 50
  • New
    RichardDetwiler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

The device will not power up.  I am using a Furman power conditioner

it is in a controlled studio.  (no moisture, sunlight, overheating).  

Powerlight comes on, then dims and flickers

The device doesn't work will not connect to wifi, nor register on the usb.

read more...
    1 79
    • RichardDetwiler
      Behringer Hi RichardDetwiler. If you need assistance with your Behrin ger products, the fastest and most effective way to directly reach our technical support team is at:

https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal

- Diego
      • September 26, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      PedroRodrigues Hi RichardDetwiler before you submitting an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team as stated above I would suggest to connect your unit directly to a wall socket and bypassing the Furman Power Conditioner to acess if the unit would operate correctly. Thank you
      • September 27, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Dragonsfire Interesting. Were you able to get this resolved? My nearly exact same combo of hardware you showed is doing exactly the same thing since last week. XR18 (from 2017), Furman M-8Dxm - power light is dim (almost slight flicker), LAN LED's light up on mine, no one home. Power supply is shot?
      • October 25, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Did you plug the XR18 directly into an outlet?
      • October 25, 2021
      • Behringer Air XR18 powering up
        Dragonsfire It appears he did (and so did I) based on a previous post above that isn't showing anymore... but even a reply I typed up a minute ago just magically disappeared or got eaten by the forum? (Bad enough how slow it is. Do they run this on a RPi? Heh.)

Sadly I went ahead and looked inside my mixer and found a ton of bulging caps on the power supply. I will open a case with Behringer to see what options are available to me, as I'm sure he did the same.
        • October 26, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Yeah, this "newfangled" forum engine has a mind of its own. The trick is to never to reply to a reply or to a notification or an email link. And if they are using an RPi, its version 1.

Sorry to hear about the power supply. Hopefully tech support will be able to help you get it back up and running.
      • October 26, 2021
  • New
    djfunk14
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

Kicking myself for not registering within 90 days (or it would still be under the 3yr warranty) but just short of 2 years my SD16 has nothing coming out of the outputs. Power and AES50 light comes on without issue. Inputs all work just fine but no output. I'm sure it's not a config issure as I've tried everything under the sun. The mixer is definitely sending signal as I'm able to see it on the meter and replicate the output to a local bank of 8 outputs on the x32 mixer.

As the final troubleshooting attempt, I replaced a known working SD16 in a working setup with the one to troubleshoot, and sure enough, none of the 8 outputs on the SD16 were picking up anything. I've cracked the unit open, checked all the connections and did a quick inspection for any blown caps or damage but couldn't see anything. I then put it back together and had the same results. 

This thing was used for a few months initially with no issue, then sat in my basement as a backup for the better part of a year and a half until I was able to get another X32 to use it with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 4
    • djfunk14
      Paul_Vannatto Did you check the output bank switch (near the AES50 ports) to make sure it is set to what you want (eg. 1-8)?
      • Jan 15
  • New
    Hockeybod
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-21

I need to expand our X32 Compact/ S16 setup by adding an SD8 stage box.

X32 Compact AES50A port - cat6 cable - AES50A port on S16 then AES50B port on S16 - cat 6 cable - AES50A port on SD8

Will that work? 

0 27
    • Hockeybod
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can daisy chain the S16 and the SD8. Make sure that your cat6 cable is shielded with ethercon ends (and there is continuity between ethercon ends) to ensure no ESD drop-outs.
      • August 21, 2021
  • New
    emmanuelfor2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-08

hi guys i need your help here, we just get a midas M32 with the stage DL32 and it was in stall on sunday which work very fine till service finish but. today after switching it on for service after some minutes the stage box started muting it self and unmute it self after every few minutes and i cant figure out what is going on with it can someone. please help if you have had this kind of problem before please it need to be sort out before sunday could it be the cat6 i use or what is the solution.

thanks in advance

read more...
    0 17
    • emmanuelfor2
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It sounds like it's dropping in and out of sync. I'd start by checking a new cable. The cable spec should be Cat5e STP with Ethercon connectors. Also make sure both the M32 and DL32 have reliable power connections. Lastly, make sure the firmware on both units is fully updated.
      • December 8, 2021
    • emmanuelfor2
      Paul_Vannatto As Kyle mentioned, it is probably the AES50 cable that is doing it. Make sure that the cable is shielded cat5e, cat6 or cat7, has ethercon ends on each end of the cable and there is continuity between ethercons. If that is all correct, then unplug and plug the ethercon ends into the M32 and DL32 and make sure that they snap in. If all that doesn't solve the problem, make sure that the M32 and DL32 firmware are up to date.
      • December 8, 2021
  • New
    kylegbenson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-28

I'm currently getting inconsistent performance on a couple of inputs on the DL16 Stage Box. Specifically, the overall gain levels drastically vary from week to week as it's used primarly on Sundays at church. To clarify, the parameters themselves don't vary, but rather I encounter significantly decreased input signal. I've ruled out mics and cables..i.e. input 1 causes trouble so I move it to input 9 and it's fine. Do you think a firmware update will solve this problem? My m32 console is current.

read more...
    0 16
Go to page