Statistics

250,527 members
127,694 posts
  • New
    MikeWazowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-18

I can send a Source from anywhere to one of the AES50 C 48 Channels. 

I would really like to send a processed channel, so for my vocals they might want to have how the console if processing their voice, so EQ, Compression, maybe ever like than8329 asked for Mutes to work.

Currently for my Pastor / Leader Mics I need to send these through a mixbus so that they are muted in songs otherwise the Musicans will hear them singing which can sometimes be 'interesting'.

I would hate to take up all the Mix Busses to be able to send processed channels to the DP48's

read more...
    0 40
    • MikeWazowski
      Paul_Vannatto Use the User In patch screen. Assign the Pastor's mic to a User In (post fader) channel. Then assign the User In channel to the AES50 output for the DdP48
      • Jun 18
  • vmorgan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-14

Hello,

I've posted previously about having an issue with seeing the channel names broadcasted to the DP48 while using an SD8 with the Behringer X32 Compact. The community has helped with understanding the AES50 A & B streams. However, I still need help from the community to answer this question.

Should the DP48 see the broadcasted channel names when connected to an SD series digital snake or should I be using the S or DL series digital snakes?

What I've experienced is that the DP48 does not see the broadcasted channel name but does get the same channel setup and audio from the AES50 A side the snake box is setup on. When the DP48 is directly connected to a separate AES50 port on the mixer and NOT through the SD snake box, all the channel names are received including real-time name changes.  I've experienced this on the X32 Compact and WING mixers using the SD8 and SD16 stage boxes. 

Tribal help is greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 96
    • vmorgan
      GaryHiggins Did you try going to the DP48 first, and then on from the thru port to the SD? Just a thought, I sort of recall that being said way back when. Or use them on a separate aes50 line. I’ve only scratched the DP surface so others may have better info. Also what firmware for the DP? Lots fixed either the most recent one.
      • September 14, 2020
      • A Journey with the DP48
        vmorgan No I haven't tried connecting the DP48 first and then coming off the B port of the DP48 to the SD16. The DP48 has been updated to v1.5.
        • September 14, 2020
        GaryHiggins Ok, you also use the setup within the X32? Firmware there is also the latest?
        • September 14, 2020
    • vmorgan
      vmorgan Yes the X32 had the latest firmware. Now using the Behringer Wing mixer with the most recently released update.
      • September 14, 2020
        GaryHiggins My Wing is on its way to be repaired (ghost touches) so I can't try it out but it may be a bug you have found. How about just dedicating one port for only DP48 use? Again I recall that being suggested in another thread as a solution in past firmware...or it was in my dreams!
        • September 14, 2020
        vmorgan Yeah I read that thread back in June/July. That's the plan, but it requires two long runs of Cat6 ethercon cable to be ran.
        • September 14, 2020
        GaryHiggins Paul V. may be able to help out, he has worked with the DP48's for quite a while now. He will know if its possible or not yet implemented. Yes the extra cat run can be problematic. I would try the DP48 as the first connection for sure, no harm no foul.
        • September 14, 2020
        vmorgan Confirmed, it works going to the DP48 first and then to the SD16. It's just odd that you can't see the names the other way around.
        • September 15, 2020
    • vmorgan
      AndreasKormann Did you also update the firmware of the SD16? Because I had an issue with S16 on old firmware.
      • December 15, 2020
    • vmorgan
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Vijay, if you are not seeing the channels on the DP48 when having the stagebox placed in between the console and the DP48, you need to update the firmware of that stagebox (eg. SD16). There was a bug that was fixed in the latest firmware update.
      • December 15, 2020
  • kevonavitch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-25

On my old Behringer P16Ms, I could assign signals from channels post EQ. With the DP48, when I'm assigning the channels using AES50, I am guessing I am tapping the raw signal from source probably after gain but pre effects. I figured I could still tap the 16 channels from Ultranet to get post-eq settings. And it looks like I can tap another 8 via the Aux Out assign (assuming I don't need the physical/digital outs).

Does that mean I'm limited to tapping 24 channels post EQ? Or am I missing some optionality for routing signals post effects.

Thanks!   

read more...
    0 124
    • kevonavitch
      GaryHiggins Hi Kevin, you also have outputs 1-16, so its 38. 16,16 and 6 if dealing with an X/M32. It's a little worse with a Wing as you can only get post effects sends by using the "User" menu which is limited to 24 ch's
      • July 25, 2020
      • MIDAS DP48 - Tapping monitor signal post EQ
        kevonavitch Thought I'd replied but I don't see it here.

I hadn't thought of the Outs 1-16. Obvious oversight! Thanks for that, Gary. We're using 12 of the outs for monitors, matrix/crossover outs but that gives us another 4. Cheers!
        • July 25, 2020
  • TONKLA
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-19

I bought a pair of Nekkst K6 (Brand new) and found that 1 piece has two defection spot on a subwoofer.

Could I claim this piece of speaker with a Distributor in my country ?

41238.jpg
    read more...
    0 58
  • AJC3708
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

Looking for thoughts and reccomendations for a wireless in ear monitor system to use with an X-Air 16. What seems to work and what doesn't? The venues are intimate spaces but with nicer weather they often want to move outdoors which makes it difficult for performers to hear.

read more...
    0 43
    • AJC3708
      Paul_Vannatto Hi AJ, I got the Carvin EM900 system for a tribute band lead singer last summer and she loved it.
      • October 28, 2020
  • New
    RevPaThomas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hope you guys are well. I am having the weirdest issue with 1 of our DP48s. We are connecting them via HUB4.  For the most part, the system is work well.  We have 1-DP48 that is making a wierd digital noise.  It's only comes from 1 routed channel & that channel is not making that noise on the other 3 DP48 units.  Very strange.  Anyone else experience any weirdness like this?

read more...
    0 77
    • RevPaThomas
      Nigel67 Hi, this unit sounds faulty and needs repairing. Have you tried plugging it directly to the mixer to see if the problem still persists? If so, then I would say it is faulty. You could try re-upgrading the unit to see if that fixes the issue. It could be corrupt software. If it is under 30 days old, then you can go back to the store that you purchased it from and claim a replacement under DOA, or if over 30 days, please click on the Support Tab at the top of the page. In the new page that opens, scroll down and submit a Service ticket.
      • Jan 26
    • RevPaThomas
      GaryHiggins You might also try factory reset. To reset the DP48 to factory default. Select the Setup and SD Record buttons simultaneously. Then select the Reset. Set it up again like it was previously. Do they all have the most recent firmware? I think 1.9 from Dec 2020.
      • Jan 27
  • Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • AndreasKormann
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Can someone please enlighten me on the new talkback functionality of the Hub4 in connection with the DB48? 
    The "documentation" says that there should be a LED indication when "MIC-function" is used. So this leads to two questions: where should the light appear, and what does Mic-function use mean? When the MIC button of one of the connected DP48s is pressed and held, or only when it's pressed?

Although I am a technician, I'm not sure if I read the routing sheet well: Where does the talkback signal go? Only to other connected DP48s (as channel 48 overwriting the channel 16 of P16) or also to the desk?

Thanks in advance

Andy from Austria

read more...
    0 50
    • AndreasKormann
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andreas, not sure what the Mic-function LED is reference to. But here is how the new Talkback function works. When you press and hold the Mic button on one of the DP48 and talk into the built-in ambient mic (left one to be exact), it sends it out AES50 chan 48 to all other DP48 as well as back to the console (on AES50 chan 48).

Regarding your comment about the P16, if on the console you assign the AES50 chan 48 to one of the P16 channels (either on the Ultranet screen or via the appropriate AES50 ch 33-48), it will be sent to the P16.
      • September 16, 2020
  • jojojoshua
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-22
    Recently installed 6 DP48 with a Wing console for our church. Question is concerning storage of presets on the DP48. When you store a preset, does it store both the A and B mixes on the one storage slot? Is there a way to store A and B mixes independently? we are using the A mix for our stationary musicians and the B mix fed back to the Wing and routed out to wireless IEMs for the vocalists. The musicians are usually the same but the vocalists change from week to week and it would be great if they could save their mixes separately from the musicians. In regards to the 8 channels returned on the AES50. Does anyone know if anything is on 7 and 8? Channels 1 and 2 are the A mix. 3 and 4 are the B mix. 5 and 6 appear to be the ambient mics. Thanks for the help.
    read more...
    0 75
    • jojojoshua
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Eric, Yes both A and B mix are stored in the presets. Currently there is no way to separate the mixes. I had started developing a DP48 editor app last summer, but ran into a snag with the required checksum that has to be generated and added to the end of the file. When I get a chance, I'll try again to complete the app.

Channels 7/8 are the Line In L/R
      • June 22, 2020
  • New
    Errol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Does anyone know if the DP48 Monitoring System can be used with the Midas MR16 Mixer? Or if there is a solution how this can be configured?

0 93
    • Errol
      DaveMorrison No. The DP48 only communicates using the AES-50 protocol. The MR16 doesn't.
      • Apr 2
    • Errol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Errol, since the DP48 uses the AES50, the MR18 (or any of the M-Air/X-Air consoles) cannot use the DP48. The only solution is to upgrade to the X32 Rack (or any X32 or M32).
      • Apr 2
    • Errol
      Dale_M No as mentioned there is no AES50 available on the X-AIR products
      • Apr 3
Go to page