Statistics

240,988 members
117,223 posts
  • vmorgan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-14

Hello,

I've posted previously about having an issue with seeing the channel names broadcasted to the DP48 while using an SD8 with the Behringer X32 Compact. The community has helped with understanding the AES50 A & B streams. However, I still need help from the community to answer this question.

Should the DP48 see the broadcasted channel names when connected to an SD series digital snake or should I be using the S or DL series digital snakes?

What I've experienced is that the DP48 does not see the broadcasted channel name but does get the same channel setup and audio from the AES50 A side the snake box is setup on. When the DP48 is directly connected to a separate AES50 port on the mixer and NOT through the SD snake box, all the channel names are received including real-time name changes.  I've experienced this on the X32 Compact and WING mixers using the SD8 and SD16 stage boxes. 

Tribal help is greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 76
    • vmorgan
      GaryHiggins Did you try going to the DP48 first, and then on from the thru port to the SD? Just a thought, I sort of recall that being said way back when. Or use them on a separate aes50 line. I’ve only scratched the DP surface so others may have better info. Also what firmware for the DP? Lots fixed either the most recent one.
      • September 14, 2020
      • A Journey with the DP48
        vmorgan No I haven't tried connecting the DP48 first and then coming off the B port of the DP48 to the SD16. The DP48 has been updated to v1.5.
        • September 14, 2020
        GaryHiggins Ok, you also use the setup within the X32? Firmware there is also the latest?
        • September 14, 2020
    • vmorgan
      vmorgan Yes the X32 had the latest firmware. Now using the Behringer Wing mixer with the most recently released update.
      • September 14, 2020
        GaryHiggins My Wing is on its way to be repaired (ghost touches) so I can't try it out but it may be a bug you have found. How about just dedicating one port for only DP48 use? Again I recall that being suggested in another thread as a solution in past firmware...or it was in my dreams!
        • September 14, 2020
        vmorgan Yeah I read that thread back in June/July. That's the plan, but it requires two long runs of Cat6 ethercon cable to be ran.
        • September 14, 2020
        GaryHiggins Paul V. may be able to help out, he has worked with the DP48's for quite a while now. He will know if its possible or not yet implemented. Yes the extra cat run can be problematic. I would try the DP48 as the first connection for sure, no harm no foul.
        • September 14, 2020
        vmorgan Confirmed, it works going to the DP48 first and then to the SD16. It's just odd that you can't see the names the other way around.
        • September 15, 2020
    • vmorgan
      AndreasKormann Did you also update the firmware of the SD16? Because I had an issue with S16 on old firmware.
      • December 15, 2020
    • vmorgan
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Vijay, if you are not seeing the channels on the DP48 when having the stagebox placed in between the console and the DP48, you need to update the firmware of that stagebox (eg. SD16). There was a bug that was fixed in the latest firmware update.
      • December 15, 2020
  • New
    RevPaThomas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hope you guys are well. I am having the weirdest issue with 1 of our DP48s. We are connecting them via HUB4.  For the most part, the system is work well.  We have 1-DP48 that is making a wierd digital noise.  It's only comes from 1 routed channel & that channel is not making that noise on the other 3 DP48 units.  Very strange.  Anyone else experience any weirdness like this?

read more...
    0 47
    • RevPaThomas
      Nigel67 Hi, this unit sounds faulty and needs repairing. Have you tried plugging it directly to the mixer to see if the problem still persists? If so, then I would say it is faulty. You could try re-upgrading the unit to see if that fixes the issue. It could be corrupt software. If it is under 30 days old, then you can go back to the store that you purchased it from and claim a replacement under DOA, or if over 30 days, please click on the Support Tab at the top of the page. In the new page that opens, scroll down and submit a Service ticket.
      • Jan 26
    • RevPaThomas
      GaryHiggins You might also try factory reset. To reset the DP48 to factory default. Select the Setup and SD Record buttons simultaneously. Then select the Reset. Set it up again like it was previously. Do they all have the most recent firmware? I think 1.9 from Dec 2020.
      • Jan 27
  • jojojoshua
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-22
    Recently installed 6 DP48 with a Wing console for our church. Question is concerning storage of presets on the DP48. When you store a preset, does it store both the A and B mixes on the one storage slot? Is there a way to store A and B mixes independently? we are using the A mix for our stationary musicians and the B mix fed back to the Wing and routed out to wireless IEMs for the vocalists. The musicians are usually the same but the vocalists change from week to week and it would be great if they could save their mixes separately from the musicians. In regards to the 8 channels returned on the AES50. Does anyone know if anything is on 7 and 8? Channels 1 and 2 are the A mix. 3 and 4 are the B mix. 5 and 6 appear to be the ambient mics. Thanks for the help.
    read more...
    0 59
    • jojojoshua
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Eric, Yes both A and B mix are stored in the presets. Currently there is no way to separate the mixes. I had started developing a DP48 editor app last summer, but ran into a snag with the required checksum that has to be generated and added to the end of the file. When I get a chance, I'll try again to complete the app.

Channels 7/8 are the Line In L/R
      • June 22, 2020
  • New
    Errol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Does anyone know if the DP48 Monitoring System can be used with the Midas MR16 Mixer? Or if there is a solution how this can be configured?

0 67
    • Errol
      DaveMorrison No. The DP48 only communicates using the AES-50 protocol. The MR16 doesn't.
      • Apr 2
    • Errol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Errol, since the DP48 uses the AES50, the MR18 (or any of the M-Air/X-Air consoles) cannot use the DP48. The only solution is to upgrade to the X32 Rack (or any X32 or M32).
      • Apr 2
    • Errol
      Dale_M No as mentioned there is no AES50 available on the X-AIR products
      • Apr 3
  • colino_ltapl
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-19

Hi guys, 

I have a question and i hope we all can learn from each another. 

Recently i have updated the firmware of the DP48 to 1.2, after which i am not able to remote control the other units via the 1st unit. 

Is there a minimum unit to setup in order to do remote control of the other unit? Or is there a special CAT5 Cables we should be using in order for the connectivitiy to get thru. 
    Please take note that all my 5 units has signals passing thru from the M32 Console. 

Hope to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

read more...
    0 250
    • colino_ltapl
      Paul_Vannatto

@colino_ltapl wrote:

Recently i have updated the firmware of the DP48 to 1.2, after which i am not able to remote control the other units via the 1st unit. 

Are you trying to change the group names and assignments from the first DP48 or from the M32? If it is from the first DP48 (in the chain), do you have it set  with the remote on (its device ID should say MSTR) and the rest should have remote on and should have unique device ID. Once that is setup, on the master (first) DP48, goto the Broadcast line and press the encoder. 

If you are trying to send from the M32 Library, AES50 screen, we found a bug which the fix will be part of the next release.

• February 19, 2020
    • colino_ltapl
      colino_ltapl

Hi Paul,

Appreciate your replies. 

just to recap, the first DP48 on master and the rest are on their on IDs, after which punch in the broadcast on the first unit and select the other unit ID to control them correct? 

Unfortunately it doesn't seems to be working. Did i miss out any step?

• February 19, 2020
    • colino_ltapl
      Paul_Vannatto

@colino_ltapl wrote:

Unfortunately it doesn't seems to be working. Did i miss out any step?

Did you turn on Remote on all the DP48's before pushing the Broadcast?

• February 19, 2020
  • staceyhainey
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-07

Just a general question,,,,

My band just purchased an M32C with the DL32, and PM16’s for monitoring 

i split the vocal, and instruments into mix busses, and sent the busses to ultra net, but it seems like we aren’t getting the full signal (some busses seem absent on the pm16)   We do have something that kind of works, but there’s gotta be a better way 

will post a screen shot of the routing pages

read more...
    0 316
    • staceyhainey
    • staceyhainey
      RexBeckett

@staceyhainey wrote:

Just a general question,,,,

My band just purchased an M32C with the DL32, and PM16’s for monitoring 

i split the vocal, and instruments into mix busses, and sent the busses to ultra net, but it seems like we aren’t getting the full signal (some busses seem absent on the pm16)   We do have something that kind of works, but there’s gotta be a better way  

will post a screen shot of the routing pages

@staceyhainey 

Where are you connecting the P16Ms - to the M32C or the DL32? If the DL32, you need to open Routing -> AES50 A/B and select AES50-A 33-40 = Ultranet 1-8 and  AES50-A 41-48 = Ultranet 9-16. This will send the 16 Ultranet outputs to the DL32 on AES50-A 33-48 which are routed to the P16 socket.  

• June 7, 2019
  • YTS82Z
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Dear friends of the tribes I'm using the DP48 as a headphone monitor mixer in the studio with the M32R and a DAW running on a stationary computer, no big issues, BUT I also do gigging and tracking in rehearsal rooms and live, and for that purpose, I made a nice portable rig, with the same studio quality, by using the DP48 as a mini mixer with a DL16 , a KT DN9630 and a macbook. The latter DN9630 and macbook when tracking. For live performances, I intended to use the SD card player of the DP48, which also is the mixer and I/O for FOH and monitor through the DL16. Now for every firmware update, Midas has managed to remove functionality, add new features and introduce new errors. All the struggles I've had with AES50 on this unit, is a separate story (upstream/downstream bugs, distortion, mandatory 8 ch AES50 out instead of the 4ch, now using up all the DL16's outputs etc.), but right now, with firmware 1.4 it seems as the AES50 A & B finally works as described, but now the SD card playback doesn't give any sound. It is recording and it's also playing back, but no sound. Output source A and B are selected and the volumes are up :-) Anybody tried this? I'm not able to play live with the SD card now, do I have to wait for firmware 1.5? It seems as Midas/Behringer don't do proper functional tests before firmware releases - do You remember the M32 fader speed thing :-) Any help most appreciated Best regards Niels
    read more...
    0 90
    • YTS82Z
      DavidKnighton Hello YTS82Z. This has been reported and confirmed as an issue with 1.4 firmware. A fix is already on the way. I have reports that the issue is not present on earlier firmware, so you may be able to downgrade the firmware in the meantime while waiting for the new update.
      • July 9, 2020
      • DP48 firmware 1.4 No SD card playback?
        YTS82Z Hi David. That's good news - Thank You.. As Nigel subsequently points out, it seems the problem will be solved within short, so I will wait for the official update. By the way, earlier fw revisions, e.g. version 1.3 also had its flaws, namely some issues in the AES50 streams when daisy chaining, which I do, so that ain't the way for me :-)
        Best regards
        Niels
        • July 10, 2020
    • YTS82Z
      Nigel67 Hi YTS82Z, I have a Beta version with a fix in that has been tested and confirmed fixed. if you would like to try this I would be more than willing to e-mail it over if you are interested. It is a Beta version though but we would be interested to have someone external test it and see that all the bugs are fixed. Send me your e-mail address if you are interested. I am told that this Beta candidate should be ready for release Monday or Tuesday next week, so if you could hang on til then.
      • July 9, 2020
        YTS82Z Hi Nigel. Thank You for fast reponse, it's most appreciated. Since I'm up for vacation next week, I will wait for the official update to be released. I will give You a feedback, when I've tried it out.
        Best regards
        Niels
        • ·
        • July 10, 2020
    • YTS82Z
      Indiana Just saw that version 1.5 is up on the website and should fix this issue.
      • July 17, 2020
        YTS82Z Hi Josh
        • July 18, 2020
        YTS82Z Thank You I will try it out this weekend. Best regards Niels
        • ·
        • July 18, 2020
    • YTS82Z
      YTS82Z Hi all
      FW 1.5 is released, and it corrects the SD card playback issue. When I got the time, I'll check, that other functions remain okay as well. Thank You Midas/Nigel for fast action on this, it's most appreciated.
      Best regards
      Niels
      • July 22, 2020
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-31

I have a DP48 for my IEM and the other guys in the band are using P16's. I also have the S16 in aes50-a. So for that reason my DP48 is connected to aes50-b.

if I record a sound check the guys using the P16's can then adjust their personal mix without having to do any re-routing at the X32(rack). However, it seems that this can not be done for the DP48. As far as I am aware I would have to re-route to playback the soundcheck so I can adjust my IEM mix???? or am I mistaken, is there a way I can play back without having to re-route (and then having to re-route again to be able to use IEM for the actual live performance?

please email me as I will probably never find this discussion again. (The most confusing forum ever designed).

[email protected]

thanks.

read more...
    0 73
    • andyp13
      GaryHiggins Andy, it might be easier if you posted your scene file. You can use dropbox or similar and post the link to your file here. Not really clear on what the routing issue is but you should be able to do what you wish. Off the top of my head you could include aes50 33-48 (by default unless changed is P16) as part of your DP48 mix and at least hear what they do. Something to experiment with anyway.
      • December 31, 2020
      • DP48 Playback for mixing IEM
        andyp13 Hi Gary, thanks for the reply and sorry if my post is a little confusing... all I was hoping to do was to do a soundcheck with the band and record it in my X32, then play it back as a virtual soundcheck to be able to get my inEar mix right, however it appears that if I wish to do this I have to go into the menus of the X32 and route some of the settings so I can play it back and hear it in the DP48, then put all the settings back ready to use it live....the guys using the P16’s don’t need to do that.....I got the DP48 as I wanted more channels but I think it will need to be returned as the last thing I want to do before a gig is to have to play about with the routing settings ? gutted.
        • December 31, 2020
        GaryHiggins It seems as though maybe you need to setup your DP routing of aes50 ch’s such that you are able to listen to the same sources as the band is. IF they can hear the recordings ok with p16’s, you need to be able to hear the same sources they hear as a mix on the DP48. You shouldn’t have to re route to do that. P16 uses aes50 33-48 by default for the sources and at the chosen setup tap point. So include aes50 ch’s 33-48 as a mix or part of a mix, on the DP48. What do you use now on your DP48 to listen to? You should be able to save a setup and recall it on the DP pretty easily. Save your current live mix to use when playing out or once your mix is right for a certain gig/recording. If you can post your current scene it would be easier to see the issues and help without a lot of back and forth and maybe me not creating more mud than clarity. Paul V has a lot more experience with the DP48, maybe he can suggest a fix.
        • Jan 1
        andyp13 Hi Gary thanks for the reply, I just came across your reply by accident on Google as I’m still trying to find out some info before I return the DP48, I didn’t get an email notification so had no idea I had a reply... - this forum is a joke, along with it being very slow, laggy and confusing... if you can help my email is [email protected] as the chances of me finding this thread again would be very very slim. I can use the DP48 to listen back to the P16 channels without having to do any re- routing for record and playback ..but as it only gives me 16 channels I may as well just keep my P16 or if I need more channels use an iPad....
        • Jan 1
        GaryHiggins I didn't mean JUST those 16 ch's but making those ch's also part of your DP 48 mix. What ch's do you use now? Not sure why you would be listening to different sources or tap points than the band, but rather adding others that they can’t (because of their ch limit) yet still including their 16 with yours. Really seeing the specific scene and routing would help, it could be something completely different.
        • Jan 2
  • Indiana
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-08

Ok just received 4 of the DP48's and updated the firmware this evening. So when in dual mixer mode, when setting the group channel assignments, and channel levels, how do you set them up for each mix A and B? Or are these settings global for both mix A and B? 

read more...
    0 94
    • Indiana
      GaryHiggins

@__JAG__ 

The sources are the same for both, the mixes of the sources is what can be made different.

• June 8, 2020
    • Indiana
      Indiana

So the group sources and levels are the same for each, correct? Then you can individually control levels of each group for Mix A and B? That is what I'm seeing. 

• June 8, 2020
      • DP48 Edit and Assign
        LTisdale Correct. You can also control the pans of each group independently in each mix as well as the levels.
        • June 12, 2020
    • Indiana
      Indiana Just found out yesterday that there is a bug in the firmware. The outputs coming back from the DP48's are not working. It works on the first unit, but the subsequent units put out static. I went down to version 1.2 firmware and the issue is no longer there. So it is an issue with the 1.3 firmware. And I do have a ticket in on the issue. I have seen someone else who noticed the same issue as well.
      • June 12, 2020
  • New
    elvis1979
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-03

I have a question: Will it be possible to connect any devices other than DP48 and DL8 to the AES50 ports? E.g. DL153, SD8 ..... :)

0 81
    • elvis1979
      GaryHiggins I would say yes, they are aes50 streams so as long as the stagebox is capable of 44/48k they should work just fine. The SD8 for sure and I think the DL153 can do 48k ok so it should be fine as well. The blue series Midas boxes that can do 48k will not daisy chain beyond their immediate connection, so you can't then piggy back from them like the S/SD16 etc. They would have to be the only device on that port but should still work.
      • November 3, 2020
    • elvis1979
      elvis1979 That would be great. Couldn't someone try it, for example, with the DL15 stagebox ...? Whether it really works
      • November 3, 2020
      • HUB4 ports
        GaryHiggins I would love to...but in the US they have not arrived yet! Unreal but quite true,....waiting for mine at Sweetwater....oh yeah and I don't own a 153 :-)
        • November 3, 2020
      • HUB4 ports
        elvis1979 hm
        • November 3, 2020
      • HUB4 ports
        GaryHiggins As fate would have it. got notice today Wed 11/4) that the Hub4 has arrive3d in the US, should have one in a few days..
        • November 4, 2020
    • elvis1979
      elvis1979 I have a question: Could this work?
      • November 3, 2020
      • HUB4 ports
        GaryHiggins I don't see why not, one dl153 from each port...however that's 48 mic pre's and the M32 can only use a max of 38 IF you use aux remap, 32 otherwise-so you would need to pick and choose which ones you use.
        • November 3, 2020
      • HUB4 ports
        GaryHiggins Now looking at it more closely, I'm not sure the Hub can pass all ch's upstream like a stagebox. Guess someone who owns one will have to tell us! It still may but I am unsure.
        • November 3, 2020
      • HUB4 ports
        elvis1979 Yes, that's why I put it here. Hoping that there is someone who has HUB4 and would be able to comment
        The manufacturer states that the ports are only used to power the DP48 and DL8, so is it really so? Could someone from the manufacturer comment
        • November 3, 2020
    • elvis1979
      GaryHiggins From the web page it still sounds like it SHOULD work "4 PoE Ports for Personal Mixers or Compatible Stage Boxes, 48/44.1 kHz AES50 In and Through"
      • November 3, 2020
    • elvis1979
      elvis1979 Rather, the question is whether this one port can stream more than 8 channels? Because if not, then it probably doesn't matter :(
      • November 3, 2020
      • HUB4 ports
        GaryHiggins I think if only 8 ch's they would have said that....or not mentioned stageboxes at all. AES50 is 48 ch's. I think when they say compatible they mean NOT 96k. Someone else will chime in.
        • November 3, 2020
Go to page