Statistics

234,982 members
110,698 posts
  • Maevis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

Hi,  has any one experiecned this?  Using my Crave in Ableton and when I connect it via usb and hit a key, either on the Crave itself or using my launchkey mini, I get a squealing feedback type sound almost immediatly after the note.  I have to then switch the Crave off and on again to get rid of this insane noise.   This doesnt happen when I go via the midi in, which is ovioulsy what I will do from now on.  So it's usable but confusing and annoying!  Any ideas?

Thanks

read more...
    0 250
    • Maevis
      DavidKnighton Hello Maeve Devine,
      Would you be able to capture this problem on video? I think this would be a great way pass on to our developers. Post a download link to your video in a reply post and we'll investigate. If it's something we need to work on, then it'll take some time before an update is released.
      • September 28, 2020
      • Behringer Crave squealing feedback  type sound when usb is connected.
        Maevis Hi David. Cheers for the reply. Yes I can do that. I'll get on it asap. Cheers. M
        • September 29, 2020
        Maevis Ok here's a video. I've got it running through a Stienberg sound card and a mixer before the speakers in this, but I repeated the process right after with the Crave line Out going direct to a little practice amp / speaker and it was just the same. This is literally my first synth so its entirely possible that I'm making some rookie error (which I'll pleased about if that is the case) but I have no clue why this is happening. PS, I'm using this with Ableton (Live 10 trial version) and it seems to be working ok when I connect it with just a midi cable.... Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated. I really love the sounds I've coaxed out of this thing so far and I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with it once this problem is resolved. Thanks M
        • September 29, 2020
    • Maevis
    • Maevis
      DavidKnighton Hello Maeve, Thanks for providing the link. I can clearly hear something is not right when the USB is plugged in.
      Does is matter whether or not the SynthTool is open/running on the computer?
      What happens if all apps are closed, does it respond the same way?
      If a firmware update is available for the Crave, I would recommend running it via SynthTool to see if changes anything. You can find the SynthTool version 2.4.1 under SOFTWARE on the Crave product page here. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX" target="_blank" title="https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX" target="_blank" title="https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX">https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX">https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX">https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DPX
      Let me know if this changes anything. If not, I'll raise a software /bug report with the developers.
      • September 30, 2020
        Maevis Hi David. I did as you suggested and it seems that the issue has been resolved. I'm wondering if maybe I was getting feedback from something I'd routed wrong in the rest of my signal chain. Who knows?! Any way, my Crave is behaving itself again. Thank you for your time. Best wishes.
        • October 1, 2020
  • New
    stormfield
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-01

Hi! Can anyone advise? My TD3 resonance knob needs replacing, it's out of warranty.

Does anybody know what part nunber it is, or where i can find it? The potentiometer

When turning quickly, it makes a loud crackling sound. Less bad if turned very slowly. A spray of contact cleaner helps fix the problem for about 15 minutes, then the crackle returns. 

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 50
    • stormfield
      DavidKnighton Hello stormfield,
      it sounds like your potentiometer could use a lubricant instead of cleaner. Some cleaners claim to lubricate as well, but don't believe the hype. At any rate, you will need to submit a SPARE PARTS request to see if you can order the correct pot. The part number is I03-00002-21350. It is a mono 50 K-Ohm B taper. Click the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page, then scroll down and click the SPARE PARTS tile to submit a request. We have 200 pieces available currently in USA.
      • Mar 2
    • stormfield
      stormfield Hi Dave, thanks for the quick reply. re: the potentiometer lubricant - what brand/name of spray would you recommend for this? I could try that before going the component route
      • Mar 2
  • New
    EduardoGF
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-28

Hi, i have an issue with my UM2, when i conect it to my computer, my computer detects the sound of my guitar, but i can't hear anything. Please help!

0 66
  • New
    Ovnet1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-17

I just bought a td-3 and have spent the last 5 hrs trying to get it to recognize midi via 5 pin din. I have ableton, and don't have any issues using it with the td-3. I have a model cycles as well and the td-3 syncs nicely using the "trig" clock input from the model cycles midi out but will not recognize the 5 pin midi in from the model cycles. I have tried changing every midi setting in the model cycles to send midi. I have changed the the clock input to receive midi on the td-3 and tried using both the same midi channel and different ones on the td-3. It will not recognize midi 5 pin din either from my audio interface via ableton, or via the model cycles. What am I missing, or do I have a defective Td-3?

read more...
    0 54
    • Ovnet1
      DavidKnighton Hi Ovnet1,
      Are you using the SynthTribe tool with TD3 to change these settings? As far as I know, that is the only way to change between using MIDI Din and the patch I/O.
      • Feb 17
      • Behringer TD-3, Elektron model cycles sync
        Ovnet1 Yes, I have the SynthTribe tool and have used both it, and the manual way to switch between clock sources and PPQN. I'm at a loss honestly. I'm going to test it with a couple other pieces of gear to see if I can get it to recognize the Midi, if that doesn't work I suppose I'm going to chalk it up as defective and send it back and get a new one, unless someone comes up with something I haven't tried.
        • Feb 17
  • New
    garybones
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

Hi All,

I have recentley pruchsed a TD3 but cann ot seem to get it come through Logic Pro.

I am using Komplete Audio 6 & have the TD3 plugged in via USB & the going from the out port on the TD3  with a TRS cable & then into input 3 on Audio 6.

When i open a software instrument on Logic it plays the pattern from the TD3 on that track but i cannot get the TD3 to play on its own track.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary

read more...
    0 68
  • New
    dgemmell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Is anyone else having this issue? Connected perfectly to my antiquated MacBook Air but I've finally upgraded and now I can't the new MacBook Pro to recognize it. 

Anyone else having this issue with the new Macs with the Apple chips?

0 150
    • dgemmell
      Nigel67 Hi Dean, USB/audio/MIDI function of our products is fully UAC2.0 compliant and should keep working under CoreAudio as before. Our devices do not require drivers under MAC OS. It could be a security setting that you may need to change in the OS. If the UM2 still works with your old MAC, then you will need to contact Apple support for further assistance.
      • December 20, 2020
  • New
    Chimpfinga1983
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-02

Any idea exactly what I need to do in order to set these up ? 

been trying for a week now and it's still not working properly. 

the force should usually sync midi devises but it's only synced with the sequencer and not the oscillation or the envelope. 

I'm a newbie to setting up midi equipment. M

thanks 

read more...
    0 43
  • New
    fusseltier
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-08

I've registered twice and still haven't received my tracktion activation code. 

0 30
  • New
    ericcmoss
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

Hi there-

I'm attempting to use a bass plugged directly through my Behringer UMC204HD into my laptop (W10 PC). However, I'm not getting any indication of input signal on the UMC device (no green light on 'SIG'). I've also tried plugging into channel 2 with the same result hooking up a condenser mic on both channels with no apparent signal either. I also connected the hardware to a powered USB port, but still no luck. I also have a Behringer UMC404HD, and that is producing the same results. I was wondering if signal was still passing, and attempted to record in my DAW (Studio One), but no signal was recorded. I can confirm that the PC sees the device(s).

Setup for instrument: Bass-1/4" cable to Input 1/2, INST pressed in, tried both pressed in/out for Pad, Gain between 50-100% (I've tried using my guitars, as well as multiple cables too)

Setup for mic: Mic-XLR to Input 1/2, Pad pressed/depressed, Phantom power on, Gain between 50-100%

Drivers have been installed from Behringer's website.

I rarely use the UMC device, and have only plugged it in a few times over the past few days repeating the steps I described above. When I've used it on a mac, it works perfectly. Any thoughts on what might be going on and how I might troubleshoot further? Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 136
    • ericcmoss
      Nigel67 Hi Eric, have you tried the UMC on your MAC since finding that it wasn't working with Windows. As long as the unit is getting power through the USB (does the power light come on?) then you should be able to play your instrument and see signal on the meter. If you press the Direct Monitoring switch, you should be able to hear the instrument through your headphones. Try your MAC, and also on your Windows 10 computer, plug directly into a USB socket (try them all) as some USB hubs can cause issues.
      • Jan 5
      • UMC204HD/404HD - No input signal appearing
        ericcmoss Hi Nigel- I don't have a mac personally, but can confirm it's worked on my collaborator's mac. I've been able to get the UMC to work in the past (about 5 months ago) on my PC, which makes this issue more puzzling. However, what I'm really trying to determine is if the UMC requires either a certain amount of power (e.g. from USB) or the correct software configuration for signal to show up on the UMC meter.
        • Jan 6
        Nigel67 The maximum power consumption mentioned in the Quick Start Guide is 2.5 watts. I do not have any exact figure, but there will be quite a bit of headroom included in the 2.5 watts. You didn't mention whether the power LED is lighting on the unit. If you are using phantom power, is the red LED lit above the power LED? Maybe the first place to start, is turn the phantom power off, and try putting audio from a phone / ipod into one of the inputs and seeing if that lights the signal LEDs. The unit here, when I plug the USB cable in, the signal leds switch on for a few seconds and then go off. Do you get any signal LEDs when you plug the usb in. Have you tried any of the other USB sockets on your computer? Do you have a mixture of USB 3 and USB 2 connectors. Try the USB 2.
        • Jan 7
        Octa101077 hi Nigel, my UMC404HD suddenly can't be read by my PC. even though the led light remains on (not the phantom led). I've tried switching the usb channel but it's still the same. I tried it with my Win10 laptop, it's still the same. how should i be?
        • Jan 14
        Nigel67 Has your computer performed a Windows 10 patch upgrade since it last worked, or have you installed any other units or software? If you go into Bluetooth and other devices on your computer, is the ASIO driver showing up in Audio Devices? If not, then I would suggest uninstalling the ASIO driver and re-installing it. Are you using a USB hub. If so try plugging directly into the computer USB. Also try other USB ports. If the ASIO driver is showing up in Audio devices, then it could be an issue with your DAW. May need to re-install
        • Jan 15
  • New
    claritasetsapientia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-06

Hi everyone!

New member here. I just purchased my U-Phoria and excited to put it to good use. Unfortunately my Macbook doesn't seem to recognize it. I looked for drivers on the Behringer website but only found drivers for Windows. Can you help me find drivers for Mac?

Thanks so much!

read more...
    0 85
    • claritasetsapientia
      DaveMorrison This device is Plug and Play. No drivers are required (or available). Look in the "System Report" in the USB section under the Hardware tab to see if it's being detected. (you can get there under the "apple" menu: "about this Mac" or search for "System Report"). With the last few OS versions, you'll also have to allow the "microphone" to be enable for each program to allow any sound to the computer (look under "System Preferences: Security & Privacy": Privacy: Microphones".
      • December 6, 2020
Go to page