Statistics

250,602 members
127,782 posts
  • New
    Serge1961
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-11

Hello, I appear to have lost the windows USB driver for my RD 8.

It is not recognized in FL Studio 12 as a midi device. I can't perform any software upgrade either. It can't find a device.

Please someone to help me??

Thanks

read more...
    0 52
    • Serge1961
      NicJonesMT Hi Serge1961.
      Have you recently used the Zadig driver to update the unit?
      Sometimes the Zadig Driver can take priority of the unit and stop it connecting.
      Can you please uninstall the Zadig driver and also go to C:\Program Files and C:\Windows\System32\drivers and ensure that any remaining files for the RD-8/Zadig are removed.
      Once completed power cycle the computer and then reconnect the RD08. It should hopefully reconnect and allow you to use in your DAW.

If the above doesnt work please click Support at the top of the page, scroll down and submit a technical support ticket.
      • Aug 11
    • Serge1961
      alanmoores I was having an issue with "USB Device Not Recognised" for my Behringer XR18 on one of my Windows PCs today. I uninstalled the Windows Update "KB5004331" and now all works again - perhaps this is impacting your device too?
      • Aug 11
  • Discombob
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

I start a pattern

claps will sound twice "dry" then take on a reverb from then onward.

i have seen this mentioned before - is it a firmware issue or user error.

many thanks

DB

0 634
    • Discombob
      KB

Hi, I am now looking for my 3rd RD8 since they were released. On the 2 I owned the problem you mention interefered with my usage, I just couldn't rely on the clap being there ready to play on triggering. And if you use the switch and toggle from the Clap to the Maracas sound on the same channel, If after 10 seconds with the Maracas sound you toggle back to the Clap, the Clap is non-existant for the first couple of triggers. This makes the Clap sound almost useless !

If this Clap 'Charging up' thingy existed on the genuine 808 I cannot see why Behringer would need to include it on the RD8. Its an obstacle to the device being used properly, a fault maybe ( But note that it wasn't an issue on the real 808 ) !

• December 5, 2019
    • Discombob
      Jedlines

I have the same problem, any fixes? / explanations? surely it can't be on every unit or everyone would be talking about it

• December 8, 2019
    • Discombob
      seangage

Hey there,

Im having the same issue with mine. I've had the RD-8 for about a week now. I hadnt noticed the issue until today... don't know whether it was there the whole time or has just started now...

Did you find a fix for this at all? Firmware update help?

Cheers,

Sean

• January 4, 2020
    • Discombob
      TMav

Well this is pretty stupid. If it was just the machine warming up fine. But every time a song starts the clap reverb is never ready to go until a couple measures in. It doesn't matter how long the machine has been turned on. What is that about?

• March 5, 2020
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

Dear Behringer Team,

I have found a bug relating to pattern chaining and pattern groups. I show it in my video review of the RD-6 in the "Bugs" section: 

https://youtu.be/mh1oDk6UN_w

The bug always happens after the RD-6 has booted, but after that it sometimes works as it should. Haven't quite figured out when. It has since also happened with single patterns (not only pattern chains), so maybe it is just related to pattern groups, not chains in particular.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    0 109
  • New
    RobertoF
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-03

Hi guys, it is possible to change pattern via midi in RD8?

1 175
    • RobertoF
      PedroRodrigues Hi RobertoF, please consider that is not possible as the RD-8 cant respond to CC or PC the only process to change pattern is by press the Length button and use the arrows to select the pattern range.
      Use the step buttons to set the length of the pattern.
      Please visit the link below to access a set guide for your RD-8 that will help you with this unit: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/behringer-rd-8-setup-guide/
      Thank you
      • Mar 24
    • RobertoF
      rio

Where is the problem to implement something like that? this is a maximum of one one-liner in the code, which does nothing but this button !!! I can only shake my head about such statements.

• Jun 11
    • RobertoF
      rio

And by the way, something was mentioned directly by you in the manual:

„The RD-8 can be controlled by a DAW if required. Songs and patterns
      exchanged, or individual sounds triggered by the DAW sequencer.“

And now I ask you explicitly: How does it work? What did you promise?

The same issue applies to the RD-9.

• Jun 11
  • New
    FrankdeGroodt
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-01

Hi all, is it me (did I miss a setting??) or has autofill behavior changed in firmware 2.0.2?

In 1.3.5 a fill would play instead of the last bar of a pattern just like to original 808 did. After upgrading to 2.0.2 fills play after the original pattern. Can anyone confirm?

read more...
    0 65
    • FrankdeGroodt
      graesserph I've noticed the same. This new behavior in 2.0.2 makes the the autofill pretty much unusable with patterns that are longer than one bar.
      • November 2, 2020
      • rd-8 autofill behavior change since 2.0.2
        FrankdeGroodt Exactly. I’ve tried going back to 1.3.5 but didn’t help, assuming it was actually possible to revert successfully.
        • November 2, 2020
  • New
    TK0471
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

My RD-8, sometimes when pattern play is stopped, it never plays again without power off/power on of the unit.  I will even go to 'steps', and it shows no steps lit for different drum sounds.  They come back after reboot.

Anyone else come across this issue?  I have the 'latest' update that I am aware is available as of 2021-03-17.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 74
    • TK0471
      PedroRodrigues Hi TK0471 can you please confirm that you have follow the process below to create a Step Mode and to save pattern : Select a SONG. 2. Press PATTERN. 3. Select desired pattern number via step keys 1-16. 4. Press STEP. 5. Select desired tempo with Data control. 6. Press RECORD. 7. Select the VOICE you wish to use. 8. Steps can be programmed either with the unit playing (press PLAY) or in the stopped position. The moving white LED is the play head which shows the current play position. The TRIGGER pad can also be used to play and record the currently-selected voice. 9. Select different voices to add into the current pattern. 10. Press stop and record to exit record step mode. How to save a pattern: 1. Once you have created your masterpiece of a pattern press PATTERN. 2. Press SAVE. 3. Press PATTERN again. 4. Select the Step number of the Pattern you wish to save, current pattern will be displayed in white after which SAVE will flash. 5. Press the flashing SAVE button to execute the operation.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    ZodiacSF1969
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-26

Anyone else had this issue? I get no sound out of the hi tom, whether I'm using mains or the dedicated output. Switching to Hi Conga gives no sound as well.

0 36
    • ZodiacSF1969
      Nigel67 Hi ZodiacSF1969, please contact our Service Department and they will be able to arrange a repair for you. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you.
      • Jul 26
  • New
    Sebastian95515
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

As the title suggests, my RD-8 suddenly, while playing on it, turned off and I have not yet been able to power it on again. Only the signal light flashes shortly, but nothing else happens.

Also tried connecting it over USB, but the RD-8 isn't recognized. 

I was running OS 2.0.6 as far as I remember.

Anyone had the same issues/any advice?

read more...
    1 98
    • Sebastian95515
      dafraludom I have the same issue - lodged a Care Ticket.
      • Mar 20
    • Sebastian95515
      dafraludom Sorry, but unit still dead and no joy from care ticket response - looks like I have a door stop.
      • Mar 29
  • New
    michaelraphael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-30

Hello. I am trying to connect my RD-6 to Reason. I have a USB Cable to connect to the laptop or Midi Cables via my Presonus 26c Interface not sure which to use. I am a beginner at all this stuff and not very tech savvy as yet. Could anyone help me through the process of getting my Drum Machine to work in Reaon. Thank You.

read more...
    0 78
    • michaelraphael
      PedroRodrigues Hi michaelraphael please consider that if you're doing this via a USB cable then I would expect Reason to pick up the RD-6 as a MIDI device.
      Click edit, then preferences, then go to the control surfaces tab and then under input devices you should see your RD-6 as an option.
      Make sure 'enabled' is ticked meaning that the external MIDI instrument will be able to see it when it's plugged in.

If you're using a standard MIDI cable then pick the Presonus as the MIDI device.

Choose the RD-6/Presonus in the External MIDI instrument (you'll find it in the instruments list in the browser) and if there is MIDI in the sequencer or if you have a sequencing device plugged into the note/gate ports in the back of the external MIDI instrument you should have everything working. I hope the image below also helps
      • Feb 12
  • New
    cdauterive1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-12

When is the release in the USA for the RD8 Mk2?

0 65
Go to page