Statistics

250,607 members
127,787 posts
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Dear Behringer Team,

on page 11 of the current RD-8 manual it says: "Make sure you store the song with the Auto Scroll on otherwise your song will not playback as programmed."

But there seems to be a bug in firmware 2.0.6 because the AUTO SCROLL setting is not saved and is always off when loading a song. This makes it necessary to always enter PATTERN MODE to manually turn AUTO SCROLL on before playing a song.

My RD-8 is updated to the newest firmware and I have already performed a factory reset. Can anybody confirm this bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also, flam doesn't seem to have an effect on the closed hat.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    1 83
  • CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-21

Hello,

Could I send midi PC messages to RD-8 in order to select Songs, or Patterns  and the start  them ?
    Is there some better midi map the simply the Sysex list in documentation ?

Best

0 79
  • New
    NealS_Munson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-22

RD-8 has been off with power unplugged for a couple of weeks and now, when I turned it back on, I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb. I can select an instrument and tap the "TRIGGER" button and hear an output into the headphones, but still cannot hear anything through the computer.

I've rebooted my computer and done a factory reset on the RD-8.... Still nothing.....

I tried the bass drum out to my interface as well as the Mono out and nothing.....

I do get a notification sound from my computer when I disconect the USB cable and also when I turn the RD-8 on and off.

Other than that I get nothing?????

Please help!

Neal

read more...
    0 77
    • NealS_Munson
      JoeRivers96 Hi Neal, Are you using the original power supply? Sometimes this affects the audio output if a third party power supply is used. Please also try a factory reset:

Press the Settings button.
      Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16. The display will read Wait.
      When the display reads Done, power cycle the RD-8 to complete the procedure.
      • Mar 22
    • NealS_Munson
      graesserph Not exactly sure what you mean with "I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb". Please take note that the RD-8 does not at all pass any audio through USB. You can send and receive MIDI through USB, but not audio, as the RD-8 is no audio interface...that's what its specification says.
      The the RD-8 has only analog audio outputs, the main mono out jack, the individual mono out jacks, and the headphone out jack. This is it. As far as my understanding goes, the RD-8 will never pass audio through USB.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-06-28

RD-8 MKII
    bit.ly/Behringer-RD-8-MKII

Learn More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGQfa8UUQo

In our constant pursuit for perfection and authenticity, we proudly introduce the new RD-8 MKII, the most authentic analog recreation ever produced.

This drum machine has been re-designed from the ground up with carefully selected components and circuitry, which have dramatically improved the sound of the voices as well as noise and phase response across both the main and individual outputs.

Most importantly, our engineers - together with our Coolaudio semiconductor sister company - successfully recreated the 40-year-old BA662 chip, which is instrumental for the authentic voices of this instrument.

We’re proud to deliver the most authentic and accurate analog drum machine recreation ever produced.

We Hear You.

List Price: $329 (in stock and immediately shipping from our factory)

#Behringer #RD8MKII #Classic #Analog #DrumsAndPercussion #DrumMachines #Drums

read more...
    0 64
  • New
    elekkk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

Hello, i use Mac Osx High Sierra with SYNTHTRIBE V 2.4.3.....i had already updated my RD-8 months ago to 2.0.2 without problems! Today I tried to update to 2.0.6 and it doesn't let me do it .... after about 5/6% it stops and doesn't update, an error message appears! The tragedy is that now my RD-8 when I turn it on DOES NOT WORK, the 16 STEP lights remain on but everything else is stopped, it seems blocked! HELP!

read more...
    4 570
    • elekkk
      Marland Me too - I’ve tried with iPad, MacBook and pc - rd-8 is not working.
      • December 4, 2020
    • elekkk
      cbellevie23 Same issue :(
      • December 4, 2020
    • elekkk
      ronniefingerz Same for me too.
      • December 5, 2020
    • elekkk
      cristian-79 same problem, I'm really sad, and I hope it can be fixed quickly
      • December 5, 2020
      • Behringer RD-8 firmware update Version 2.0.6 problem ! does not let me update, it is blocked !
        cristian-79 I have tried both with windows 10 and with windows 7 but nothing and an ornament now.
        everything is due that at the time of the update as soon as I pressed update it did not give me time to put the machine in DFU mode and the update started so it crashed almost immediately and now it tells me that it cannot update because the zadig driver is not corrected or things like that stopping at 3%
        • ·
        • December 5, 2020
    • elekkk
      an986L Same thing here on windows 10 home. I tried 3 different machines also and now RD-8 is a brick or doorstop you name it.
      • December 5, 2020
  • SONICHINMAY0211
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-04

Sir please launch new feature in behringerxd80usb drum kit & add more indian & Western Indian tone... Drum quality is very good.. But tone is very few.. Please add tone & new feature... & also launched 3 layered zone ride cymbals

read more...
    0 50
  • graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-15

Hopefully someone of Behringer reads this...

First of all, thank you for this incredible piece of hardware. I just love it!

There's one thing I'd suggest for some future firmware update:

If you start with a 16 steps pattern and program a basic beat, and then increase the length to 32 or 64 steps, the extended steps are all empty. So in other words, you have a beat on steps 1-16, but all extended steps from step 17 onwards are entirely empty.

This is 1) quite tedious, as you have to copy the entire sequence manually step by step to the extended bars, and 2) makes no sense from any musical point of view. If you enlarge a pattern, then in 99% of all cases you want the existing sequence be "unrolled" to the additional steps.

Can you please consider the following:

Whenever the pattern length gets increased by the user, let the user decide if the already created bars should be copied or not. E.g. setting the pattern length with a short tap to the step button = do not copy, just set the length, but setting the pattern length with a long press to the step button = copy the the previous 16 (or less) steps in a musically logical way (if possible). 

However, if this feature exists already in some way and I've just missed it, I'd be thankful for a hint where to find it.

read more...
    1 77
    • graesserph
      NicJonesMT Hi Graesserph,
      Sorry again for the delay!
      With regard to your suggestion, In theory I think this makes sense, where if you extend your pattern it should give you the option to copy a set amount of beats to the extended section.
      I will pass your comments along to our dev team and see if it is something that can be incorporated in the future.

All the best!
      • August 18, 2020
      • RD-8 : Copying Bars when increasing pattern length
        graesserph Thanks a lot, Nic . Hopefully it will be incorporated in some future release.
        • ·
        • August 18, 2020
  • graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-15

Hi. When you set the Flam preference (setttings > clock > flam preference) to "per pattern", and then having two patterns, pattern1 with flam property = 24, and pattern2 with flam = 0. When you now switch from pattern1 to pattern2 while the sequencer is running, then you'd expect the flam being set to 0 right before step 1 starts to play. But instead, step 1 in pattern 2 plays with flam = 24 and then sets it to 0. So actually, only from step 2 onwards the flam is correctly set. I'm on the latest firmware 1.3.5.

read more...
    1 89
    • graesserph
      NicJonesMT Hi Graesserph
      Sorry for the delay in contacting you!
      With regard to the above, can you confirm what FW version you are running please and if you have tried a factory reset on the RD-8?
      • August 18, 2020
      • RD-8 : Flam per pattern issue
        graesserph Thanks for your answer, Nic. As written in the OP already. I'm on firmware 1.3.5. The firmware update was the first I did after unboxing the device. No, I did not try a factory reset. Can you please tell me how you come to the opinion that a factory reset would fix a timing problem? For me as a developer of musical software, this looks just like a bug in the firmware.
        • August 18, 2020
        NicJonesMT Hi Andreas. We need to exhaust all options to ensure there are no setup issues, which is why we always recommend checking FW and performing a reset first.
        The steps for a reset can be found here;

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01073/en-us

If you still experience this issue then can you please open a technical support ticket.
        • August 19, 2020
        graesserph Hi Nic
        Firmware is 1.3.5. I also did a factory reset. No difference, the behavior is the same.

>>>> If you still experience this issue then can you please open a technical support ticket.
        Where can I do that? Even though, a bug report would probably be the better choice.
        Is there any way to report a bug?
        I can also send you sysex files with 1) the device settings and 2) the two patterns to reproduce the problem.
        The point is that the per pattern settings get applied to the new pattern "after" the first step was fired. And therefore the first step of the new pattern still has the per pattern settings of the old pattern.

I'm pretty sure that this bug does not only affect the flame value. It's more likely that it affects all per pattern parameters. If there's a way, please pass this on to the developers.
        • August 19, 2020
        NicJonesMT Hi Andreas. Press support at the top and create a ticket. set the ticket type to Technical support.
        We can then gather information and report this to the development team.
        • August 20, 2020
        graesserph Done.. Thanks a lot for your help, Nic.
        • August 21, 2020
  • kris_
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-19

Hi Behringer, loving the RD8 so far! I will immediately get rid of my previous too smallish drum machines, this one is really nice for jamming (one hand on the synth, one hand free to tweak the beat!).

As I want to integrate the RD8 into my self-written librarian and editor software, I really appreciate you still embrace the idea of MIDI as an open technology and provide sysex documentation for your gear - I just started experimenting with the info in the new manual, and can recall the pattern data, but parsing it could use some help.

Is there some more information you could provide me? I already suspect that a pattern file is 889 bytes of useful data with the 8th bit packed away to produce the 1016 bytes of message data, but now reverse engineering will be a bit time consuming (thanks for providing the bit map in the manual, that already helps a lot!).

Thank you, and keep on rocking!

read more...
    1 398
  • New
    RossDav
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-20

My mute button doesnt seem to work. However my solo button does what the mute button is supposed to do. 

Is there a way that I might have remapped the buttons without knowing?

The solo button seems to change tempo instead of solo

read more...
    0 257
    • RossDav
      PedroRodrigues Hi, I would suggest performing a factory reset on your unit to try to resolve this matter.
      Before performing a factory reset you should back up your data.
      The RD-8 uses SysEx messages to send and receive data to and from your computer. It requires the use of third-party software such as SysEx Librarian on Mac or MIDI-OX on PC. To back up your patterns, songs, and settings, you need to send a manual dump of the data. It works similarly to the Save operation on the RD-8, but instead, it will send the selected data as a SysEx message.
      For this please connect your RD-8 to your computer and launch the MIDI utility app for your OS. (SysEx Librarian on Mac, MIDI-OX on PC).
      Press the DUMP button and then press the TAP/HOLD button to switch to USB.
      If your device is connected to a MIDI interface, leave it set to MIDI.
      Select the data you wish to back up (song, pattern, settings) and press the DUMP button to send the SysEx message. Repeat the same procedure for each piece of data.
      Use your MIDI utility software to save the data as a .syx file.
      Resetting your Behringer RD-8 will permanently delete all user presets and restore the factory default settings. The procedure takes approximately 30 seconds. Be sure not to turn the unit off during the reset, as this may result in corrupting internal data. Follow these steps to perform a factory reset.
      Press the Settings button.
      Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16. The display will read Wait.
      When the display reads Done, power cycle the RD-8 to complete the procedure.
      After this process is concludes you should perform a FIRMWARE update on your unit.
      Please follow the link below form one of our partners that will guide you on this process
      https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/behringer-rd-8-firmware-update/

I hope this helps resolving this matter.
      Thank you
      • November 20, 2020
    • RossDav
      RossDav perfect thank you that fixed the problem
      • November 20, 2020
Go to page