• New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-01-05
    0 139
  • ClapTrap
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-24

I have a Problem with my RD-8. I can transfer Patterns to Sequencer (Hard- and/or Sofware). It works fine. But if i transfer a Pattern from a Sequencer in to the Rd-8, there is no BD in the target pattern. If i trigger instruments from an extern  keyboard, i can record all instruments until the BD. Can someone check that? Recording of the BD in the RD-8 works. I think it is an Bug in the RD-8 Sequencer.

read more...
    0 212
    • ClapTrap
      kris_

Do you use the sysex dump function to send the pattern, or do you just play it live and record the notes?

Did you check the note mapping of the BD?

• September 24, 2019
    • ClapTrap
      ClapTrap

I record in realtime with sync with the sequencer. The note mapping is correct. If i use a keyboard i can hear the BD, but it is not recorded. All other instrument are recorded.

• September 24, 2019
  • musicintheair
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi Behringer Team

we looked everywhere at the internet and found nothing how to send Sys.Ex dumps from the Behringer RD 8 to the external hard disk and from the external hard disk to the Behringer RD-8.

We have tried to make a meaningful film, which you can show to your customers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=w-l17NWYMz8

Greetings

read more...
    0 39
  • stan2000
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Hey,

how do I extend the pattern while copying it?

If I have a beat and I like to extend it. After the extension the next bar is empty. For live purposes this could be a bit unhandy.

Thanks in advance!

0 190
  • Altruit
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-28

Hi Everyone,

We would like to send the snare of the RD-8 to a Reverb pedal and give that sound more space. How can I do this using the send and return on the back of the drum machine?

Thanks in Advance!

0 133
  • New
    RGBuccino
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

I just purchased this set from someone, having issues with one of the toms not working...It was working, now it's not.  Set was working fine.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  

Need to get a hold of someone to find out what's going on.

I'm a recreational user, just playing with it for fun.

Thanks!

Ron

read more...
    0 46
    • RGBuccino
      WilliamR Hello Ronald, Please contact us by submitting a Care Ticket. Click on the Support link at the top of this page. On the Support page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Technical Support to get started.
      • Jan 5
  • New
    Drummer1973
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-21

My RD 6 is stuck in DFU mode after update, please help 

0 373
    • Drummer1973
      PedroRodrigues Hi John Langford, in this case I would suggest performing a Firmware update on your unit that will help you on this matter.
      While the RD-8 is class-compliant on Windows, a unique Bootloader driver first needs to be installed for the device to be recognized by the firmware updater while in Boot mode. You will need to install a driver tool that allows the RD-8 to be recognized by your PC while in Boot mode. This procedure is only necessary the first time you perform a firmware update on Windows. Follow these steps to install the Bootloader driver. Mac users can skip this section and go straight to Perform a firmware update.
      Make sure that the RD-8 is in Boot mode before installing the Bootloader drive. If it’s powered on normally, the STM32 Bootloader will not appear in the device list.
      With the RD-8 turned off, connect it to your computer.
      Go to the Zadig driver installer page, and download the latest version.
      Press and hold the recessed Boot button located next to the USB port on the RD-8 using a paper clip (or something of a similar size) and power the unit on.
      The RD-8 does not light up while in Boot mode.
      Launch the Zadig software, click Options, and select List All Devices.
      In the dropdown box, select STM32 BOOTLOADER and click Replace Driver. The driver installation process may take a minute or two, so make sure not to disconnect the device or power it off.
      Once you’ve confirmed that your RD-8 requires updating, you can begin the update process. You’ll need to connect your device to the computer, download the firmware file on the RD-8 download page, and then perform the update.
      Disconnect all MIDI cables before performing a firmware update. Having MIDI cables connected, specifically to the MIDI IN port, may cause the update to fail.
      Go to the RD-8 download page and download the Firmware Updater for your OS.
      With it powered OFF, connect the RD-8 to your computer and then launch the updater.
      Press and hold the recessed Boot button located next to the USB port on the RD-8 using a paper clip (or something of a similar size) and power the unit on.
      The RD-8 does not light up while in Boot mode.
      Click the Update button within the Firmware Updater software.
      Once the update is complete, power cycle the unit.
      • November 24, 2020
      • My Behringer RD 6 is stuck in DFU mode, please help
        Drummer1973 Hi there, thanks for the reply but I have an Behringer RD 6 not an RD 8, anyway I tried the above and it does not work.. my RD 6 is stuck with the red lights on and cannons be found by the synth tribe it just says loading when looking for the firmware
        • ·
        • November 24, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi John you are absolutely correct I'm sorry for my mistake, have you tried to perform a Firmware update via Behringer SYNTHTRIBE for Windows V2.4.3, please follow the link below to download this version and please update your unit to the latest firmware available. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0EE0. Thank you
        • November 25, 2020
        Drummer1973 Hi Pedro, it was the Behringer SYNTHTRIBE for Windows V2.4.3, that has caused the RD 6 to be stuck in DFU mode, all the red lights on and the yellow, Green, red light flashing... is there a way to reset the unit and try the update again.. I feel like the unit is broken... so sad
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi John in that case please follow the link below to submit a assistance request for your unit https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
        • November 25, 2020
  • New
    jeanLegland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

Yo

I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.6 to the latest. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my Mini mac..

instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, powered the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. Synth tool lost connection and the Rd-8 never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashes the LED on the SIG lamp briefly when I try to power on the RD-8...

I think the RD-8 is broken.. Is there a way to fix this ? I already tried to work something out with Thomann where I ordered the Rd 8, but they said I had to try through this way. I still have waranty on this device, but I don't want to ship and wait for al that kind off hustle..

Hope somebody can hhelp me on this matter..

read more...
    2 81
    • jeanLegland
      jackvane007 Same problem
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      NicJonesMT Hi Jan Machiels.
      I'm Nic from the UK Support team.
      Could you please click support at the top of the page and open a new Tech support ticket and please provide the following information;

• How do you have the device connected to your computer? We always recommend connecting directly to your computer rather than an external hub, and also recommend removing any non essential USB devices.
      • Have you connected the device to an alternative USB port?
      • Do you have access to an alternative USB cable that the device can be tested with?
      • Do you have access to an alternative computer that the device can be tested with?
      • Are you connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports? Please use USB 2.0 ports where possible, there is no advantage to using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 ports can vary quite a lot, which gives differing levels of performance and stability.
      • Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction?
      • What is your precise Mac OS (I Need the version number if possible)?
      • Can you please check in the Mac System report for how the device is being recognised?
      • Do you have any other software open at the same time? If so please close it.
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of?
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      mrevolver I'm having the same issue. If the RD-8 loses connection when FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS, then please CHANGE THE DIRECTIONS. This is unacceptable. What is the fix? I now have a dead RD-8. Thanks Behringer!
      • Jan 10
      • Behringer Rd-8 unit no longer starts up after latest firwire update..
        NicJonesMT Hi Mrevolver.
        As above, I will need you to open a technical support ticket with the above information and we can then proceed.
        • ·
        • Jan 11
    • jeanLegland
      heyvirgil me too, and I just got mine back from service
      • Jun 18
  • neivel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-16

My new RD-8 receiving a master clock from ERM Multiclock. When i turn on RD-8 synchronization is way off other machines, but after a while using it comes back to normal sync so i have to readjust it.

And then RD-8 freezes completely after few hours of using it.

Only restart helps!

Are there any updates regarding this problem coming up or i have new broken machine and i should return it?

Thanks

read more...
    0 122
    • neivel
      parki68 My RD-8 Has also sync issues when using Midi Din. very disappointed with this drum machine
      • September 7, 2020
  • proximaldistal
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-09

My RD-8 was workign fine and now all of a sudden the output and headphone outputs don't work. Individual outs work fine. I have had this unit about a month. It has not been moved and only played twice. Very disappointed.

0 129
    • proximaldistal
      Wehearyou same just happened to me..did you get a fix or send it back
      • August 22, 2020
    • proximaldistal
      parki68 Are you using the correct power supply, it happened to me and i mistakenly was using the wrong PSU
      • September 7, 2020
    • proximaldistal
      shugmonkey My headphone is quiet and the main is having a dip in volume now and then.
      • September 26, 2020
Go to page