Statistics

234,986 members
110,703 posts
  • New
    odyssey3001
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17
    Hi there,
    So, I've had my RD-8 for a few months, got the hang of the sequencer apart from one bug that I can't seem to fix.. here goes...

I program ptns 5 6 7 8, no problem, I can switch between them playing live with no problem.

I program them into a simple song to play in the following seq... 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 and repeat.

I check the programming by scrolling through each the song to check each should playing twice. All good so far.

When I play the song it starts fine, playing 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8, then the problem starts when it repeats..

So, from the beginning it plays as follows..
    5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 (repeat here)
    8 5 6 6 7 7 8 8
    8 5 6 6 7 7 8 8..

This happens whether playing in INT or MIDI sync modes. The seq shows correctly as I programmed it in Synthtribe software.

I've deleted the song and started from scratch and I get the same issue.

I'm running the latest OS as from yesterday, still the same issue.

Anyone else had similar issue and solved it?

Cheers anyone,

Phil
    read more...
    0 4
  • New
    guidop83
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

Hi, i've just purchased a Behringer RD8, connected it via USB to DAW Ableton and clock sync works great. (DAW is master clock)

My question is, i have USB master clock coming from my DAW into my RD8 and i would like to connect another synth from the MIDI OUT 5 pins port of the RD8 to the MIDI IN 5 pins port of this synth, is it possible? How do i do that? I have tried it, but doesn't work (the DAW sends clock to the RD8 via USB and works fine, but the RD8 doesn't send clock via MIDI to the other synth).

What can i do?

Thank you!

G

read more...
    0 70
    • guidop83
      JAMIE2 hi - goto settings, press 2, hit TAP 3 times and it says FWD usb to MIDI - select and then make the 5 pin connnection. :-)
      • Mar 12
  • New
    Nedreud
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Just got my RD-6-BB yesterday and loving it so far. I had an original Roland TR-606 25-years ago and the RD-6 sounds as close as I can remember!

One thing I haven't worked out how to do yet is have a pattern length of 64 steps, which is clearly stated on the box "64 Step Sequencer", in the details blurb and even mentioned in the official Behringer intro video. I don't see any mention of it in the manual though.

So, what's the magic button/mode combo for 64-step patterns?

read more...
    0 45
    • Nedreud
      DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
      I regret to inform that the RD-6 is only 16 step. There was a mistake in the packaging design for the first run or so and the product was mislabeled as a 64 step sequencer. Even some retailers advertised based on the product packaging and not the product description from the Behringer website. Please let me know if this is a problem for you.
      • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        Nedreud Thank you for the confirmation, David. No problem, just checking I wasn't missing something obvious. I'd assumed it would be 16-step like the original TR-606 as the interface is so simple and similar. You might like to know that the "NAMM 2020 - Introducing the Behringer RD-6" video (https://youtu.be/39Wbwt34i3Q) which is on the official Behringer product page for the RD-6 states "...64 step sequencer..." at 1:40. And although not your responsibility, I found a few large online retailers, e.g., Gear4Music, still stating 64 steps in their info.
        • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
        Yes, I actually came to the same conclusion about a year ago. One user even posted a video and commented about it. I believe they wanted to make it 64 step, but in order to stay true to it's form, they pulled out and only designed with 16 step.
        • Mar 2
  • New
    orionbrody
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

for context, I am using a mac. I downloaded synthtribe 2.4.7 and tried to update my rd8 per the instructions. my rd8 was plugged into the power and to my mac via USB ( obviously, but I just wanted to add any context I could)

1. I turned on the device

2. I turned off the device

3. I inserted a pin into the hole next to the usb, and as I was holding down the DFU button, I booted the device up. 

after the third step, the device did not come all the way up, i got a small flash of light from the signal light in the wave designer as i pressed power on, but that was it. Furthermore, synthtribe didn't allow me to finish the update, because the device was no longer detected. Now I cannot turn on the device! 

Also, synthtribe no longer detects the device as well ( probably because It won't turn on). 

Has anyone experienced something like this? I tried toggling the dfu switch again during power on/power off, plugging it into different outlets, etc. but nothing is working. Anyone have anything I can try? 

read more...
    0 56
    • orionbrody
      JAMIE2 hi - i am windows (well not windows hahaa) , dfu mode is no longer required, has been this way for a long time - it is used to access boot mode. try this: get rd8 FW 1.35- then put rd8 into dfu mode by holding the pin in and powering up rd8. then access the 1.35 booter software and this will then open the rd8 - then once it is operational you update to new FW. this worked for other users. never use dfu again as not required in V2 fw
      • Mar 12
    • orionbrody
      dafraludom I have the same issue with a dead RD-8 and a flicker of LED’s on powerup and FW 1.3.5 app in dfu mode did not work either. The same setup of Mac/Synthribe app/usb cable recognises my MS-1.
      • Mar 20
  • New
    Mario1995
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-15

Basically when sending sequences made in Ableton Live to the RD - 8 using both a MIDI or USB cable the mute button doesn't seem to affect the selected voice. Is there some setting that will allow me to do this? 

0 14
  • graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-26

My RD-8 is on the latest firmware 2.0.2.

During my first test, I ran into one rather minor bug.

Applying "flam" works on all instruments with exception of closed hh.
    When applying flams on closed hh, it simply does not have any effect.

Yes, firmware version is 2.0.2.
    Yes, I did a factory reset already.

Apart from that, very solid firmware release.
    The sync is super-stable now, and also switching between patterns with different timings (e.g. 1/16 and 1/8T) behaves exactly as expected and without hickups.

Big ups for the page copy feature (was the most missing one for me).
    Also un-mute/un-solo all as well as autosaving steps in record mode are fantastic improvements.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

read more...
    0 37
    • graesserph
      jemabaris For me live recording with note repeats on does not work. Can you confirm this? Or does it work for you? I really wanted this feature bad and now it does not work. I might try a factory reset but I don't wanna lose my patterns or go through the process of backing them up. So maybe you can confirm that it generally works first? :)
      • October 27, 2020
      • RD-8 : Good work on firmware 2.0.2, but flam does no longer work on closed HH
        graesserph It actually does work. Unfortunately it's not that obvious how to use it, and the docs do not explain it.

1. Record or program some steps without note repeat enabled. Just a normal sequence.
        2. Then enable note repeat, let the sequencer run while record is active, and then play with the trigger button. This records the repeats to the already existing enabled steps. It does not enable steps that have not been enabled before.

To be honest, I'm unsure if this is the supposed behavior. Could also be a bug.
        I'd also have expected to record directly from scratch, without having to enable any steps first.

Maybe someone from Behringer can answer this.
        • ·
        • October 27, 2020
        jemabaris Does not work for me I guess it's just buggy and not yet functioning correctly. The only useful way to use this feature would be to just live record note repeats anyway. Without programming steps first.
        • October 28, 2020
        jemabaris Ok, weird. I just figured out that it actually (kinda) works the way you described it, but only for a note repeat of 2 and higher. 1 just won't work under any circumstances. I hope this get's a fix soon and works intuitively by just recording it in. That would be really great to quickly get nice syncopic patterns. I hope Behringer sees this soon
        • October 28, 2020
        graesserph It does work
        Keep the following in mind:
        1. Recording Note repeats affects only already existing notes = activated steps.
        2. An activated step triggers the sound 1x, which is the default and the same as 1x Note Repeat.
        When you now record 1x Note Repeats on existing notes that trigger the sound already 1x, then it's not surprising that you do not hear a difference. When you record at 2x, 4x, or 8x, the you'll hear the difference of course. And when you once have recorded e.g. at 4x, then you can record 1x over it, which will reset the repeats to 1x.
        After all, even if it's not what I call intuitive, I'm pretty sure that's how the developers want it to work.

One thing Behringer:
        Please, can you tell me where do you host this website? I don't expect high speed, but this site is unbelievable slow when called from Europe. Showing it up takes up to 1 minute, then showing the login screen another minute, then login,... another minute, and so on...
        • October 28, 2020
        jemabaris Ah yeah that makes sense. But then it also make this function not interesting to me. The homepage is indeed the slowest thing I've seen on the net for a while. I always get frustrated when I know I'll check back for a reply here
        • October 28, 2020
  • paulie303808
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-30

Hi 

wanted to start by saying really love the rd-8, the sound of it is brilliant. I am just getting started really and starting to learn some things about it. when I began using it I was trying to program song data live with my other synths connected via midi. I wanted to switch from song 1 to song 2 live and for all the song data to switch when I make this change. I discovered that it was set so that if I changed songs without pressing stop I couldn't go to the next songs specific song/pattern data. I had to press stop then load the song, then press play. I am interested in performing with the rd8 setup in such a way that I can switch songs live without pressing stop, for all the data of the next song to be loaded including the bpm change without pressing stop. is this possible? I was hoping so as this is why I have the rd-8 as a master, my other synths don't change the bpm when I change songs live.

the other thing I noticed is that the decay on the rd8s kickdrum seems to not be constant? It's appears to have some sort of probability variation on the decay of the kick? Can I change this so that the kick has its decay level set to be consistent across all patterns in a song? And can I change the decay, tuning and tone for each song and save that into the song data?

read more...
    0 52
    • paulie303808
      paulie303808 is what I need to do here called "song chaining"? would this switch tracks without a break in the audio and it would switch to the next songs saved bpm?
      • August 31, 2020
    • paulie303808
      paulie303808 and if I did this would I be able to postpone the switch to the next song in the song chain if the performance needs to go on for longer? and could I skip to the next song quicker if I need to? or do I have to work within the time limit of the chained patterns?
      • August 31, 2020
  • New
    michaelraphael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

I am trying to download SYNTHTRIBE but keep getting this message. Any solutions?

0 107
    • michaelraphael
      DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
      The error you're encountering is a security permission with Mac OS. Go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES>SECURITY and find the option to 'allow app to make changes'.
      • Jan 25
      • SYNTHTRIBE V2.4.6 2” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
        michaelraphael Im still having issues. Only those two options in system preferences. I am trying to use the machine with Reason 8. Do I have to have Synthtribe downloaded to enable this.
        • Jan 27
    • michaelraphael
      michaelraphael
      • Jan 27
      • SYNTHTRIBE V2.4.6 2” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
        DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
        Check out this help guide from Apple. You're on the right track. I think you just need security unlocked, then try to run the app again and it'll ask you if you want to open it. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
        • Jan 27
  • New
    heyvirgil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-18

Lo and behold, I power it on, all semms to work, connect usb cable to my rd-8. launch latest synthtool on mac, alerted firmware update required, it bricked it AGAIN. Same usb cable and computer I updated my td-3 with. I am so displeased, seems like behringer had my rd-8 for months, to not replace the defective component or just replace the unit. I am NOT happy.

read more...
    0 1
    • heyvirgil
      NicJonesMT Hi Hey Virgil.
      Please submit a Technical Support ticket and provide your previous case number. We can then look into this for you.
      • 3 hours ago
      • just got my rd-8 back from behringer service because of firmware update bricking it
        heyvirgil send me a new damn machine
        • 3 hours ago
      • just got my rd-8 back from behringer service because of firmware update bricking it
        heyvirgil I submitted a ticket
        • 3 hours ago
        heyvirgil I don't want to spend the time and expense to ship to you again, I have used this unit successfully a total of 2 hours since purchase, the vast majority of ownership has been spent at service or bricked.
        • 3 hours ago
        heyvirgil Also, why can't I modify a request ticket once I have created it? Your support site sucks so bad.
        • 3 hours ago
  • New
    graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-12

My RD-8 is on the latest firmware 2.0.4. Thanks a lot for that update.

Applying "flam" works on all instruments with exception of closed hh.
    When applying flams on closed hh, it simply does not have any effect.

Yes, firmware version is 2.0.4.
    Yes, I did a factory reset already.

Please let me know if creating a technical support ticket is required for that case.

Thanks

read more...
    0 43
Go to page