Statistics

234,329 members
109,995 posts
  • graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-22

Hi. I'm using SynthTool 2.40 and two TD-3, both on firmware 1.2.6.

When I use the "dump" feature in SynthTool, then it properly exports 64 patterns (counts up to 64).

When I use the "merge" feature afterwards to import the previously exported dump file to the second TD-3, then the "merge" counts up to 49, and then says that it was successful.

So basically, what it imports via "merge" is all correct, but it's only 49 patterns, means 16 patterns of pattern bank 1, 2, and 3, and only the very first pattern of pattern bank 4.

This is very easy to reproduce. Simply create a pattern in Pattern bank 4, pattern 8 for example, then dump the whole machine, and merge it to another one.

I also tried with SynthTool 1.36 ... same results.

read more...
    0 81
    • graesserph
      Nigel67 Hi Andreas. I have just heard from the designers. this bug was fixed and is incorporated into the new synthtool app that was released about 21 hours ago. Many thanks
      • August 25, 2020
      • SynthTool with TD-3: "Merge" always only imports 49 patterns (instead of 64)
        graesserph Awesome! Tried it with SynthTool 2.4.1, and works like a charm. Thank you so much.
        Also great to see that you've incorporated the RD-6 in the SynthTool. So there's still hope for the RD-8 to get its place as well .
        In any way, I'm seriously impressed. It's great to see a community where you get "real" answers by people who obviously care. Thank you!
        • ·
        • August 26, 2020
  • New
    warrenlain
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-01

I am getting no signal from oscillators 1-3. But the A-440 is loud and clear. The noise circuit also doesn't put out a signal. I've tried using the High and Low Z outputs, the headphone out, and the tiny 1/8" (CV?) audio out. None of them work. I've tried setting the MIDI channel to 1 or 2 using the dipswitches, it doesn't seem to matter. And the MIDI controller I'm using is able to function as an external MIDI controller for my DAW/VSTs. I even tried using two different 5-pin MIDI cables in case it was my controller/MIDI cables... I'm wondering if my Model D is dead?

read more...
    0 12
    • warrenlain
      NicJonesMT Hi WarrenLain.
      Please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket. From there we can try and identify the cause of the issue.
      • Jun 1
  • craigspeed
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-31

Hiya,

I recently picked up one of the expert sleepers floating ring cables and wanted to try out the CV in through the pedal jack.

I tried sending CV from a clep diaz module with attentuation through Maths. It's plus minus 5 volts so should be safe. I set the foot pedal to expression and in mod matrix set expression to Osc 1 + 2 pitch at full range.
    I'm not hearing impact. I tried some other CV sources like 1v/octave from a shuttle control and simple LFO. Not able to get any change. I also tried setting foot pedal to footswitch and applying that in mod matrix.

Do I need to "Calibrate" the footpedal input for CV? If i try to calibrate the numbers range is much much lower than would be for an expression pedal but it never finishes calibration and applies a new range. Is there more information on how to do this properly online anywhere?

read more...
    0 26
    • craigspeed
      craigspeed Can anyone at Behringer help with this? I can't imagine I'm the only one whose tried to do this. I do think it's a great synth otherwise and I'd rather not return it..
      • September 3, 2020
  • KipChatterson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-20
    I recently purchased a CAT. I am used to finding a midi compatibility chart with any synth. What messages does the CAT respond to? I know it receives notes from a midi keyboard, what else? Where can I find this information? Thanks.
    0 55
    • KipChatterson
      JoeRivers96 Hi Kip - the CAT responds to MIDI note information only. All other communication is done via Sysex, which is also captured via the SynthTool. The latest version of this can be found on the link below:

https://www.behringer.com/product.html;jsessionid=DFF9F5710C9963951B4ADDDEAE2E1172?modelCode=P0DNE
      • June 24, 2020
      • What midi does the Cat respond to?
        KipChatterson So is there a midi implementation chart somewhere? You said above, note only. Can we send it pitch bend? What other controls are available via sysex? I have a bcr2000 that can send sysex, would like to use it with the cat. Thanks.
        • June 24, 2020
  • New
    brjuan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-30

I've been using synthtribe 2.4.9 to update the firmware on all my behringer gear.   Worked great on the Ms1, the RD8, the tb3, and the pro1.  My VC340 is "in dfu mode" and the app continually asks me to update the firmware.  When I click update, it says "update failed, please try again."  All the lights on the vocoder are on and no sound is coming out when keys are pressed.  I am using mac with the latest edition of Big Sur.  I have tried rebooting the computer, getting rid of all hubs and peripherals, with no luck.  I have submitted a ticket but I am concerned.  Anyone have any ideas?

read more...
    1 66
    • brjuan
      MisterTom Hey.. I had the same thing when I was trying to update my Cat synth module. I actually had SYNTHTRIBE 2.4.6, I then downloaded SYNTHTRIBE 2.5.0 and that is the newest version of SYNTHTRIBE. Then when prompted in that new SYNTHTRIBE software... I was able to install the firmware update to the new version for the Cat.
      • Apr 5
    • brjuan
      Widgery same issue here.... its bricked. vc340 does not work just powers up with all lights on. C'mon guys what's the fix. some of us are professional users here.
      • Apr 12
  • JeffPorrello
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-20
    I have a brand new Odyssey Synth. I'm not new to synthesizers. All notes get stuck on. I cannot find a way to rectify this. I would like to find a solution before exchanging it for a new one. Any ideas? I found an old post during a web search with someone having the same issue along with a solution. Of course when you click on the link it takes you to an old Behringer support page and says "Page Not Found"! Gee, Thanks!! Also, what's up with only QSGs (Quick Start Guides). Why aren't they're any advanced User Guides??? (Same with the MS-1 Synth!!). C'mon Behringer, help us out here!!
    read more...
    0 124
    • JeffPorrello
      JoeRivers96 Hi Jeff - thanks for reaching out! When you say the notes are stuck on, does the pitch change is you trigger different notes, yet the sound is constant? Does it seem that your ADSR envelope is ineffective? If so, it may me your VCA GAIN fader. I'd recommend setting this fairly low, as having this up increases the gain on your unit and causes a 'hold' like behaviour. Let me know if this is not the cause.
      • June 22, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JeffPorrello Hi Joe, thanks for trying to help. Yes, pitch changes when a new note is pressed. The ONLY sliders open are VCO 1 (1/2 way), VCF Freq (1/2 way), and VCA Gain (1/2 way). All notes stick regardless of where you position these basic sliders. The synth (as set above) is in its most basic form whatsoever for making any kind of sound, so this should NOT be happening. I don't know enough about MIDI to send an all notes off message or Sysex messages, but do know something’s up here.
      • June 22, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JeffPorrello Hi Joe, I can send a video if you like.
      • June 22, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JoeRivers96 Hi Jeff, thanks for this. If possible please record a short video displaying the issue and submit a support case using the SUPPORT option so that we can look into this further for you.
      • June 23, 2020
    • JeffPorrello
      JeffPorrello Hi Joe! Pilot Error!! I did not realize there were two VCA sliders. I was using the one named "VCA GAIN" which was keeping any notes played continuing to play. The one immediately below it was the one I should have been using ( VOLTAGE CONTROLLED AMPLIFIER) all along, so my fault!!!
      • June 26, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-02-11

2600 GRAY MEANIE
    http://bit.ly/BE-2600-GRAY-MEANIE 

Learn more:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSeN7_VUtuY&t=3s

A limited edition, ultra-affordable and even more feature-packed homage to the iconic ARP 2600 synthesizer. Features a mechanical spring reverb, hand-picked components, uni-color LEDs on each fader plus a super slick paint job that’ll make your setup pop!

List Price: $699

#Behringer #2600 #GRAYMEANIE #Synthesizer #SpecialEdition #SemiModular #Analog #Synth #RackMount

read more...
    0 67
  • New
    Widgery
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-15

Hi, this is my second post on the subject.

After updating the VC340 using the Synthtribe app 2.5.1 - The VC 340 becomes bricked and no longer works.

It powers on but no longer funtions. The mac, running big sur, M1, no longer recognise that the synth is connected via USB. I have tried other macs running many OS versions as well.

The unit is non functional and BRICKED. 

I have reached out to behringer 2 times in the last 72hrs with ZERO reponse, with the exception of a Behringer Influencer commenting on what I should do next on this discussion page.

I am enjoying all my other synths from behringer, But professionals and comsumers deserve better support, a phone number would be nice as well as a fast response time.

This kind of customer service and support is a joke. Support us!

read more...
    1 76
    • Widgery
      Nigel67 Hi Ian. I have checked the case number that you gave in your previous post. My colleague replied to you on the 13th. Please can you check your spam / junk folder to see if the e-mail has ended up in there.
      • Apr 14
    • Widgery
      Widgery The one requesting all of my registration info, copies of receipt/proof of purchase, address and serials AGAIN? Please, I already provided all that information when the product was registered. I'm hoping you can cover my losses for the vocal session requesting a vocoder this Sunday? or perhaps at least just fedex a replacement and receive the dead one. 1 software update and the whole unit is toast.
      • Apr 14
    • Widgery
      Widgery Hi Joe 3 days and counting and still no email from the service team, checked ALL spam and nothing. Can you please reach out to me asap
      • Apr 18
      • BEHRINGER VC340 - BRICKED AND NON FUNCTIONAL AFTER UPDATE USING SYNTHTRIBE 2.5.1
        Nigel67 I have sent a message to the Service Manager in Las Vegas asking him to reply to you today
        • Apr 19
    • Widgery
      Widgery Nothing... GET IT TOGETHER
      • Apr 21
    • Widgery
      Widgery Please email me privately with a phone number exchange.
      • Apr 21
      • BEHRINGER VC340 - BRICKED AND NON FUNCTIONAL AFTER UPDATE USING SYNTHTRIBE 2.5.1
        JoeRivers96 I have looked into this for you - the case is with our service department and has been escalated for you. Thank you for your continued patience and I apologize for the delay. Please be assured this is being dealt with.
        • Apr 21
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-01-12

OSCILLATOR MODULE 1004
    bit.ly/BE-OSCILLATOR-MODULE-1004

Features discrete transistor circuitry to add vintage character and is equipped with coarse and fine frequency controls, frequency range switch, on/off switch, pulse width control, 3 modulation attenuators and best of all it features 3-position toggle switches for each waveform which can be set to inverted/off/non-inverted, all the enabled waveforms are mixed together to create complex waveform shapes and amazing sounds.

List Price: $99

#Behringer #OSCILLATORMODULE1004 #2500Series #Keys #Synthesizers #Keyboard

read more...
    0 196
  • New
    Theoperator
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hello everyone, if you have a Behringer 2600 and you need a blank book to write down your patches I have created a patch book blank like the original ARP 2600 did. Feel free to use it. Enjoy ;)

5 314
Go to page