Statistics

306,234 members
190,603 posts
  • New
    sanelso2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-08

Hi, I have two questions:

1) Is there any difference between the TC Helicon Voicelive Play and the Play Acoustic, besides the Play Acoustic having the guitar input (for key detection and efxs) and guitar effects? So does this mean both versions of the units have "exactly" the same vocal effects?

2) On either unit, cans Voicelive VoiceSupport2 software be used to pre-program the keys of invidual presets that can be then sent to the VLP units? ...or is the VoiceSupport2 software basically for only backing up, copying, and changing order of presets?

Thanks for you help in advance!

read more...
    0 4,096
    • sanelso2
      JoeRivers96 Hi, thank you for your contact. The vocal fx on these two units are the same - you will see some different presets on the Play Acoustic due to the guitar input.

Unfortunately internal settings cannot be edited on VoiceSupport 2. This software is purely for preset management and firmware updates.
      • May 8, 2021
  • New
    jefftaylormusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-28

Sometimes when in setup mode, screens develop mind's of there own and randomly switch through options, genre's etc. I literally have to wait until it stops. Has this happened to anyone? Do I need to update software or does this sound like a defective unit?

read more...
    0 40
    • jefftaylormusic
      Paul_Vannatto Setup mode in what product?
      • Jan 28
      • Random Screen Changing on Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme
        jefftaylormusic Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme
        • Jan 29
    • jefftaylormusic
      jefftaylormusic Does anyone have any answers??
      • Jan 29
    • jefftaylormusic
      jefftaylormusic Did you have any success with the firmware update?
      • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic No, thanks for asking. I did a firmware reinstall with the same version (apparently I had the most up to date edition). Same problem, still randomly changes screens when in setup mode.
        • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic Must be frustrating. Reaching out to the "tribe" with over 270K members should prompt some helpful suggestions. Good luck my friend.
        • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic Yes, may just return unit, seems to be great piece of gear with many bugs though.
        • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic following...
        • Jan 31
    • jefftaylormusic
      Paul_Vannatto Is this a joke, dialoging with yourself?
      • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic No, meant for enlightenment. Tribe seems to be a graveyard. I'm returning unit due to lack of support. Problem solved.
        • Jan 31
    • jefftaylormusic
      Paul_Vannatto Totally understood and I agree that this forum is nothing close to what we had before the major change that happened about 2 years ago. Most of the seasoned users have left in disgust for other forums and groups (unfortunately). Sorry that I can't help you, since my expertise is with the digital consoles (X-Air, X32, Wing, etc.)
      • Jan 31
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-11

Can I use backing tracks as 'steps" for a preset, so Song1 preset will have 2 backing tracks, Step1 will have the verse backing track, and Step2 will have the chorus backing track? Then I can just flip between verse and chorus backing tracks by using the Step switch?

Is there a (better) different way to achive this?

read more...
    0 136
  • nmalexandersen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-05-27

Hi ...

I am searching the web for spesifications on the Audio outputs on a Perform VK, but I come up short ...

So ...

Is the outputs balanced or not ?

At what level does the outputs operate ?

I guess that the AUX IN is a -10 dB stereo jack .... correct ?

Regards Nils

read more...
    0 66
  • New
    lizcomo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-06

I am at the very beginning stages of setting up this voice box and I cannot adjust the mic control setting. It displays as N/A. According to the manual, there are 4 settings. I was able to adjust settings on the other items but not this one. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 16
    • lizcomo
      kiskadar69 Before doing so, set SETUP / Input / Mic Type to "MP-75" (or "MP-76" if you have such a microphone).
      • Aug 7
    • lizcomo
      PedroRodrigues Hi lizcomo, thank you for your post, when you press Setup, the VoiceLive Play enters a menu, which is comprised of 6 pages and controls the general functions of the device.
      Amongst those function you have the Mic Type that allows you to select the type of microphone.
      There are 4 settings:
      DYNAMIC MIC– for dynamic mics (like an SM-58 or OM5)
      CONDENSER MIC – for condenser mics (like a Beta 87A)
      MP-75 MIC - for use with our MP-75 microphone, which has an onboard switch to control various functions of your VoiceLive Play, such as the HIT or LOOP functions. *Mic Control defaults to HIT when MP-75 is selected.
      USB – Digital audio can be passed to the VoiceLive Play via the USB port. You can select USB Left or USB Right, allowing you to send vocals from a DAW, in mono, to the unit.
      It is important to take under account that on Input control you must select Mic Control, that sets the action associated with the Mic-Button.
      There are 4 settings:
      HIT – The mic button controls HIT in any patch that has a HIT function assigned.
      HIT + TALK - Pressing the mic button engages the HIT function. Pressing and HOLDING the mic button engages TALK mode, bypassing all effects. Press again to exit TALK mode.
      PRESET UP – Cycles through the presets, moving forward through the menu.
      LOOP – Activates or De-Activates RECORD/PLAY/O-DUB for Looping. For Looping.
      Once you’ve connected your microphone and selected the Mic Type (Dynamic, Condenser, MP-75), use the Mic Gain Knob to set the input level for your microphone.
      As you increase the level, pay close attention to the LED on the top of the VoiceLive Play. You want the input to light Green.
      It’s OK if the LED sometimes lights Yellow, but it should never turn Red. If it does turn Red, reduce the level. Red means the input is overloading.
      • Aug 9
  • BeePee
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-25

I'm still happily using my original Voicelive Touch for gigs and home recording. I link it up via USB to an iPad to get the benefits of the excellent Loopy app, superior in many respects to the looper in the VLT. A question, if anyone's listening: Loopy gets the signal from the VLT fine and returns it without noticeable latency. However it seems only the main VLT signal is being recorded in Loopy via USB, not extras like harmonies etc. I can get them if I take an analogue signal from the main or headphone VLT outputs into the iPad via an iRig headphone input, but I want to retain the clean USB input. Any idea why only part of the signal (pre processing, without harmonies etc) is coming in via USB? Thanks, BeePee

read more...
    0 103
  • New
    MikeMuellerleile
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-06

Will the VL3X detect the harmony key from a loaded backing track? If so, what setting does the harmony setting need to be on (i.e natural play, scale, etc.)? 

0 46
    • MikeMuellerleile
      MikeMuellerleile Wow, every question answered except for mine.
      • July 9, 2021
    • MikeMuellerleile
      PedroRodrigues Hi MikeMuellerleile please consider that the VL3X can detect harmony key from the Guitar input/MIDI or USB port/Aux input/RoomSense microphones but not form the from a loaded backing track but it will provide the user with information of the key present on the the files loaded. Thank you
      • August 4, 2021
  • New
    JNeww
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-20

Hello, I have read through the VoiceLive Extreme manual (nice job!) and want to use a WAH Pedal into the Expression input. What Brand and model # do you recommend for WAH pedal? Passive pedal and powered pedal options would be nice.

Cheers!

read more...
    0 59
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-23

I've read the looper section in the manual, and didn't find the answer.

How can I trigger start of loop recording when I hit my first chord on my guitar for example? Is it possible?

P.S. You can tell I just got the VL3X this w/e, and am learning the basics.

read more...
    0 147
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

Me again

Press the "Looper" Button, In the "Loop Slot" tab,scroll to the bottom. There's an "Audio Cue" setting.That should do it. Also to the right is a "sensitivity" setting,which sets.....errrrr...how sensitive it is.

It was added with a firmware update, so it's not in the Manual.

• February 23, 2020
  • us_shooter
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-21

I recently picked up a Martin CEO7 which has no pickup.  I am considering adding a K&K Mini, but need to know if a pre-amp will be required. 
    thank you. 

0 119
    • us_shooter
      TCH-Rob

Hi @us_shooter ,

I use a Seagull with a passive K&K mini pickup into a Play Acoustic, and it works fine. I find the K&K to be quite high output for a passive pickup, and I can add any additional gain in the Play Acoustic mixer or FoH can add it from the mixer. 

• March 25, 2020
Go to page