Statistics

227,919 members
102,715 posts
  • Soundcatcher
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-19

So our Voicelive 3 Extreme has an intermittent fault.. Without warning the volume / Bass will drop out of a recorded loop. No settings are changed or cables moved. This happens with saved loops and also newly recorded loops. The live output on vocals and guitar remain at the correct volume and don't lose any of the bass. Recorded vocal loops also appear to be okay.

I'm fairly good at fault finding and systematically working through issues, but this one currently has me stumped. I'd understand if it was an auto volume clipping compression thing but on a previously working loop it doesn't make much sense? Has anyone had a similar issues and have they fixed it? If anyone from TC Helicon spots this... Is this an issue that you may be able to fix?

My daughter loves this piece of kit but if we can't make it stable (understand it may be our finger trouble somehow) we may be forced to find an alternative. She's a solo singer guitarist that's known locally for her looping talents.. So the pedal is a kind of essential piece of kit... Currently looking as though it may end up being a very expensive doorstop!

read more...
    0 62
  • New
    ChrisPotter1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

I have a VoiceLiveplay and the internal power connection is done. Tried a new power adapter with no success. 

I started a service request but, I have no idea how to find it or what to do next. Can anyone point me towards how to get this dealt with or what is supposed to happen next?

Thanks 

read more...
    0 36
    • ChrisPotter1
      RexBeckett Hi Chris, if you submitted a Care ticket for Service Repair you should get a confirmation email. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder in case it ends-up there. It could be a few days before you get additional emails about the case. You should also be able to see the status of your ticket by clicking on Support at the top of this page then scrolling down and selecting Care Portal.
      • November 27, 2020
    • ChrisPotter1
      ChrisPotter1 Thanks Rex
      • November 29, 2020
  • New
    JoseRGonzalez
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hello... is there a way to pan my vocals to the right channel (output to mixer) only so I can monitor the left channel (output to monitor) without hearing my vocals?

Im using back tracks and hear my vocals in the ear monitor louder than the click track (left channel).

Cheers,

JG

read more...
    0 23
    • JoseRGonzalez
      PedroRodrigues Hi JoseRGonzalez to be possible to reply in more detail please state what unit what you are referring to. Nevertheless generally on TC HELICON units that will not be possible but please confirm the unit you are referring to so I can provide the options available. Thank you
      • Jan 12
      • Vocal Output Panning (L/R)
        JoseRGonzalez VL3X. Sorry about that. I am using background tracks and need to monitor the left channel with in-ears, but my voice also comes out on the left channel and doesnt let me hear the click track. Thanks!
        • ·
        • Jan 12
        PedroRodrigues Hi Jose, please be aware that the metronome is always on, even when it's not. It's constantly ticking away in the background, so even when you have the metronome set to Off, it's still going internally to calculate things like delay.
        You can go into the Mix menu and customize the headphone output - it's possible to make this just the metronome output by turning everything else down. You can change the metronome's tempo, but it must be done manually, either by going into the looper's Met menu, or you can button map an effect switch to Tap Tempo and dedicate one of your effect footswitches (either guitar, vocal, or both) to metronome tempo. Either way, when you go to tap in a tempo a window will pop up showing the current tempo, and you can use the preset up and down footswitches to edit the tempo 1 bpm at a time (or just tap it in). All the individual levels are adjustable as well, you have control over a Main Mix, Headphone Mix, Effects Mix, and Loop Mix.
        If I understand your situation, you want to be able to stop the loops and have silence for an indeterminate amount of time, then be able to stomp the loops back on and have the 1 beat of the metronome right when you press the footswitch. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be possible with the inclusion of the metronome through the main outs.
        It is possible to isolate the metronome to the headphone out jack via the Mix menu, so you'd be able to hear it. This would be a substitute for you looking down at the flashing metronome light when singing.
        • Jan 13
        JoseRGonzalez Hi Pedro... I dont use the metronome. I create my own backing tracks and import them into the voicelive3 extreme. The backing tracks I make have the music I want people to hear in the right channel. The left channel has a click and some cues to help me during the song. When I play the track in the VL3x, the right channel comes out my PA, and the left channel goes into my ear monitor. The background track works great, but my voice comes out of the VL3x out both channels, so because of my voice coming out of the left channel also, I cant hear well what I have in the track. If I lower the microphone levels, it would lower the volume on both channels so then the vocals would be too low on the mix. What I did last gig was to just connect my microphone directly to the PA so I didnt have to hear myself on the track, thus leaving the VL3x used as a track player.

One way I tought of fixing this is to recreate all of my backing tracks so that the left channel is higher volume than the right. Thats gona take a long time.
        • Jan 13
  • Crimso23
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

I cannot figure out how to print the preset list in Voice Support 2. There must be a way. It's very **bleep**bersome to scroll through the list every time I'm looking for a preset. I know I can add presets to my favorites to make scrolling easier, but I'd also like to explore other presets (without scrolling). 

read more...
    0 81
  • Floh1954
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-25

Hi,

which affordable expression pedals work best with the VoiveLive 2?

That means, that there are no "dead" areas from toe to heel position.

I learned, that most pedals with a 25 K linear pot in TRS-configuration work fine as an expression

pedal, but I do not know the correct brands ( the pedal should be durable).

Thanks in advance, regards,

Florian Schneider

read more...
    0 24
    • Floh1954
      JasonB81 Hello Florian - This is the pedal I use for all my TC products - I highly recommend it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EP3--moog-ep-3-universal-polarity-expression-pedal?mrkgadid=984185277&mrkgcl=28&mrkgen=gdsa&mrkgbflag=0&mrkgcat=generic&&acctid=21700000001645388&dskeywordid=39700048800210508&lid=39700048800210508&ds_s_kwgid=58700005371980883&device=c&network=g&matchtype=b&locationid=9013141&creative=452849193008&targetid=aud-909333222373:dsa-824852042819&campaignid=6730319002&gclsrc=aw.ds&&mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=984185277&rkg_id=0&campaigntype=dsa&campaign=aaDSA&adgroup=984185277:DSA%20-%20Product&placement=google&adpos=&creative=452849193008&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Nj5BRCZARIsABwxDKIinFL20WL3haU2z_IupNMmKOLuNMw2nG_KIfd4c51f1eC2z8fJs_gaAsbwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
      • August 14, 2020
  • Barkus
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-11

Hello when I press 1 to store on VE it flashes and saves. I go to 2 and save my different settings, but when I go back to 1 it is changed to the stored setting I had on 2. Same if I save again on 1 and go back to 2, it becomes the same stored setting that I had on 1. what gives? Thanks.

read more...
    0 158
    • Barkus
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Barkus,
      Just to clarify, you're pressing and holding the preset "1" button to store your changes - not just tapping it, right?  If you just tap the preset button it'll reload the preset as it was before you made changes.  To store changes to a preset, you need to press and hold its respective preset button.  Is that what you're doing and it still isn't saving?

• August 16, 2019
  • JavierMartínezR
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-17

Please! I love the TC HELICON VOICELIVE PLAY ACOUSTIC. But we do need a ”less bright more comp” mode on the tone feature!

It’s very strange it doesn’t exist this option. I really like the ”more comp” option... But it would be nice to combine it with the ”less bright” for preventing feedback at loud environments! Could it be possible on a firmware update? Someone from TC HELICON here? This option would make this device perfect for a lot of people! 

read more...
    0 163
  • NiallMullan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-02

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is equivalence for the tone button and voice pitch correction that is present on the MIc Mechanic 2 on the Voice Live 3 Extreme.

The MM2 tone button really works well on my voice, while the pitch correction is subtle, I am not at all interested in hard autotune.

Thanks,

N

read more...
    0 66
    • NiallMullan
      TCH-Rob

Hi @NiallMullan , 

You'll find tone settings in the "setup" menu of the VL3, which will give you all the control (and more) than the Mic Mechanic. The "correct natural" Hardtune setting may be as subtle as the Mic Mechanic 2, and if it isn't, you're able to reduce the amount of tuning by scrolling down in the hardtune menu.  

• February 3, 2020
  • williameverts
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-01

I am using a VoiceLive3 Extreme with backing tracks. I run my guitar into the guitar in and my mic into the XLR mic/line input. I am running the two XLR outputs to the mixer, guitar is in the R(DRY) channel and vocal the L(MONO) channel.

Occasionally, I use backing tracks to add pads to our live performance. When I do, that signal goes to the mixer through the guitar channel. I want to switch it to the vocal channel or someplace else completely. To be precise, I do not want my guitar and the backing track coming out in the same place. I want to give my sound team control over the volume of the pad since they can hear how loud it is in the house compared to everything else.  How exactly do I do that? If it's in the manual, the reference wasn't obvious to me.

Thanks you in advance for any pointers!

read more...
    0 46
    • williameverts
      PetGerbil

Doesn't using the dedicated guitar left and right outputs mute the guitar from the main outs,leaving the backing track and vocals ?

• June 2, 2020
  • New
    LuisLugo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-26

Hello.

I would like to know if it's possible to use a MIDI controller like MS MC-6 to act as a switch-6 to access the same Voicelive 3 functions or actions that the latter can be assigned using a TRS-to-TRS (not 5Pin-to-TRS) cable, given that these actions have no pre-assigned MIDI commands.

So far I can only access the Voicelive 3 functions having pre-assigned MIDI Control Change (CC) and Program Change (PC) values transmitted via the standard 5-Pin MIDI cable.

Your help will be greatly appreciated (via email, preferably, if possible)

Cheers!

read more...
    0 20
    • LuisLugo
      PedroRodrigues Hi, LuisLugo thank you for your contact please consider that the SWITCH-6 requires the latest firmware to be installed on VOICELIVE 3, VOICELIVE TOUCH 2, or PLAY ELECTRIC to be able to work correctly, this means that this unit offers a bigger bridging capability than any other unit so I can’t offer any other advise than recommend the use of the SWITCH-6 instead of any other controller.
      • Jan 27
Go to page