2020-02-17

need selection pot for a Voicelive play

Fantasia Painting(8).jpg
    0 72
  • New
    Smith1961
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-01

I just bought a Play Acoustic, but the included power supply is not compatible with U.S. electrical outlets. What are my options? 

0 23
    • Smith1961
      Nigel67 Hi, the psu is a universal part and works from 100 to 240 volts. I would suggest that you could either purchase a travel adapter or contact our spares department and purchase the correct adapter. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare parts tab and submit a ticket. If the reseller sent you the wrong part, then you could also contact them and ask them to supply the correct adapter for your country.
      • Mar 31
    • Smith1961
      Smith1961

Nigel, I contacted Thomann, but they were not very helpful. But, I have been in contact with another Nicholas Tavcar, who is in the process of creating an order for a new PSU, and to back order the correct adapter plate for the power supply that came with the unit.

• Apr 12
  • nimasan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-12

Hi there,

I'm currently using TC Helicon's Harmony M with my midi keyboard.

I need the presets/steps features that VoiceLive 3 is offering so I want to switch to that product.

However, it is being advertised/promoted as a voice/guitar effects product and I'm not planning on using it with a guitar but with a midi keyboard instead.

I want to sing, play some chords on my midi keyboard and I want VoiceLive 3 to be able to translate those keyboard chords into harmonies for example.

Is this possible or will I have problems with it?

Is VoiceLive 2 Touch better for me maybe? However, I noticed that VoiceLive 2 Touch does not have "steps" but only "presets". I don't want to have to create 5 presets for a single song. I want one single song-preset containing a bunch of steps inside (verse, chorus, bridge etc..)

Thanks in advance for your help!

read more...
    0 468
    • nimasan
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @nimasan,
      VoiceLive 3 is advertised as a vocal and guitar processor because in addition to our suite of vocal effects it also has a bunch of guitar effects, but you can absolutely use it with a keyboard instead.  You can either use just the MIDI output from your keyboard to guide harmony voices, or use the audio output of your keyboard (if it has any) and apply the guitars effects to it, or even use a combination of the two.  So yeah what you're asking is totally possible, Gavin Castleton has a really good video on the topic here.

As for VoiceLive Touch 2, it can work well with a keyboard as well but I wouldn't say it's better for you.  Like you've noted, the Touch 2 doesn't have the ability to create Steps so you'd be working with neighbouring presets instead.  The biggest benefit that Touch 2 has over VoiceLive 3 - aside from being mountable on a mic stand - is its 6-track looper, VoiceLive 3's looper only has 3 tracks.

Hopefully that's helpful, let me know if you have any more questions.  Cheers!

• November 14, 2019
  • marcam
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-27

Hi, I'm a beginner in ... and I have a few questions:
    1. What needs to be set for a nice voice? I was looking for EQ, but I suppose that is the adaptive tone function?

2. I alternate 2 acoustic guitars and for each I would like to have a separate setting such as reverb level or other bodyrez, is it possible?

3. What is stored for each preset, the current vocal fx and guitar fx settings?

read more...
    0 81
    • marcam
      TCH-Rob

Hi @marcam,

The adaptive tone adds automatic eq and compression which should make your voice sound better. It automatically cuts problem frequencie and compresses as needed. 

The best way to have multiple guitars is to make separate presets for each guitar. You can easily duplicate presets by saving them to a different location then changing the bodyrez settings as needed. 

Presets store your current guitar and vocal presets. You can also set your Play Acoustic to only store vocal presets on each patch and have the guitar settings stay static.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• December 28, 2019
  • refrek
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-15

I am wanting to use Voicelive 3 to have custom harmonies in some songs. 

In one song (Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again), the harmony starts a 3rd above, then goes a 5th above, then a 6th above, before returning to 3rds above. I am using the step function to move through these chagnes without changing presets. 

The problem I am having is that the key of the harmonies changes mid song. The key of the song is E, but when I go to the bridge of the song (on a B chord), the key of the harmonies changes to B. I have Natural Play turned off in the Setup (Global setting), but I can't find how to turn it off in the preset.

I think the natural play is causing the change of key mid song, but I can't stop it from doing this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

read more...
    0 24
    • refrek
      Nigel67 Hi, a colleague has mentioned that they think it is the MODE V1-4 settings within each preset that needs to be switched OFF. The default setting of MODE V1 is NATPLAY, and they think that is the reason why you are getting the change of key. Please let me know the outcome of changing this setting.
      • September 15, 2020
      • I want to disable NaturalPlay
        refrek Thanks Nigel. I actually see 5 settings in the Mode section (Natplay, Scale, Shift, Pedal and Fixed). I have Scale selected as I am using a custom scale inputted via the Map In Note option further down the Harmonies block. So yeh, NatPlay is not on. I checked after reading your suggestion. Any other ideas?
        • ·
        • September 15, 2020
    • refrek
      refrek I think I've figured out my problem. I changed all the non scale tones in each custom scale to 'No Change', and that got rid of the warbling. It also seemed to clear up the key changing issue too.

The Voicelive 3 is a fantastic unit, does so much, but the manual has to be the least informative manual I've ever read. It's like a sales pitch, doesn't actually go in depth into much at all.
      • September 16, 2020
  • New
    JacksonMace
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

Can any one please tell me if Voicelive 2 will work hand in hand with Switch 3 and Switch 6 in the same way that Voicelive 3 does? That is can I program the switches on a Switch 6 to perform a specific function on Voicelive 2? Thanks!

0 29
  • New
    jackL
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-01

The connected software shows that the device is GTX, and it shows "it is in use" and the firmware cannot be upgraded. Could you please give me a copy of the firmware of the machine?

0 23
  • Montxo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

Hello,

I suppose that the audio in the unit goes to the PC via USB? or not?

So can I record the audio comming via USB in my PC windows?

THanks in advance.

Montxo

0 96
    • Montxo
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Montxo,
      Yes indeed just connect your Touch 2 to your computer via USB and it should automatically detect, you don't have to install any additional drivers.  This Knowledge Base article will have the info pertaining to what to expect from the USB audio channels.  Cheers!

• November 26, 2019
  • TacoZwart
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-06

And sorry Spencer I forgot to ask you something else . . . I have a little hisss issue with my VoiceLife 2 Extreme . . . Despite multiple input gain and output level checkings/settings (on the unit and my PA mixer), I always get this low level, high frequency (?) fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. My mic (Shure SM58) directly into my Bose T4S Tonematch Mixer and L1 Model 2, no hiss or fffff at all. As soon as I plug my Mic into my VL2 and from the VL2 into the Mixer and L1 . . . ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff . . . Even only with the dry sound without any VL2 effects or harmonies . . . I use the VL2 in mono with the dry signal out of output 1 and the wet (harmonies only) out of output 2. Of course when I activate the harmonies the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff gets louder. I have the feeling that it's just the way it is, that the VL2 simply adds this ffffffffffffff, but if you'd have a suggestion or solution, please let me know (and same issue with other mixers and PAs). Have a nice day, Taco 

read more...
    0 365
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Hope you don't mind I moved this new topic to its own post.  After a quick search of our Knowledge Base I found this article, is it possible you have the auxiliary input level turned up?

• November 6, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

Hi @TCH-Spencer

Thanks for the research and link. All inputs a part from the guitar IN are Off, and my case is event weirder than the one described in the article, because when I bypass the unit (tuning mode, no outputput at all, the hiss is even louder !

Any other suggestions ?

Cheers,

Taco

@TCH-Spencer wrote:

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Hope you don't mind I moved this new topic to its own post.  After a quick search of our Knowledge Base I found this .article, is it possible you have the auxiliary input level turned up?

• November 11, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hi again @TacoZwart,
      The fact that going into the "Bypass + Tuner" mode makes the hiss worse makes me suspect that it's on the vocal channel.  If you've muted your vocals during normal operation, then going into the bypass mode will un-mute the vocals and pass them through with no effects except for Tone.

It's possible this noise is just inherent to your unit, but I do have a couple ideas that might be worth checking.  First, you're not sending phantom power to a dynamic mic are you?  If your microphone is a dynamic mic, ensure you have phantom power turned off in the Setup menu.  Also another thing that's helped users in the past is plugging everything in to the same electrical circuit in your home or studio space or wherever your setup is.  Not necessarily going as far as plugging it all in to the same power bar (although this could be a worthwhile experiment) but having all your gear on the same circuit can help.

• November 12, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

@TCH-Spencer wrote:

Hi again @TacoZwart,
      The fact that going into the "Bypass + Tuner" mode makes the hiss worse makes me suspect that it's on the vocal channel.  If you've muted your vocals during normal operation, then going into the bypass mode will un-mute the vocals and pass them through with no effects except for Tone.

It's possible this noise is just inherent to your unit, but I do have a couple ideas that might be worth checking.  First, you're not sending phantom power to a dynamic mic are you?  If your microphone is a dynamic mic, ensure you have phantom power turned off in the Setup menu.  Also another thing that's helped users in the past is plugging everything in to the same electrical circuit in your home or studio space or wherever your setup is.  Not necessarily going as far as plugging it all in to the same power bar (although this could be a worthwhile experiment) but having all your gear on the same circuit can help.

Hi @TCH-Spencer,

To answer your questions, no I'm not sending or using phantom power. The setting is turned off.

And all my gear is on the same power circuit (and even same power bar) . . . I guess that the noise is ingherent to the unit, but is it just mine ? The VL2 Extreme in general ? But I don't consider it as "normal" . . . With my HArmony Singer 2, I don't have this "ffffffffffffffffffffffff". . . I'd love to be able to try in paralel a second unit. If I'd need to sebnd my unit for repair, where do I need to send it to ? Thanks for your help, Taco  

• November 17, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Damn then I'm kind of running out of ideas... I have a VoiceLive 2 here, it's not the Extreme version but they are the same hardware with only software differences, anyways our VoiceLive 2 isn't noisy.  This might just be a physical issue with your particular unit, like a dying capacitor or something like that.  Getting in contact with our support team (via this link) could be a good idea.  They'll be able to help you troubleshoot the issue further, and discuss possible repairs or replacement if necessary.  Good luck!

• November 18, 2019
  • Billfon
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-16

When I plug one XLR cable from the left VLP output into an Acoustic A20 amp the performance is not great (the indicator light does not register like it does when i am using headphones, the effects dont sound right, etc.) Does that mean I have to use 2 XLR cables for both right and left? Any advice here whould be much appreciated.

read more...
    0 67
    • Billfon
      kiskadar69

If you want to play both vocals and guitar with the Acoustic A20 and only want to use one XLR cable, set VoiceLive Play to Mono mode (SETUP - Output -> Mono) and use the left XLR output of VoiceLive Play.

• April 17, 2020
    • Billfon
      kiskadar69

Sorry, I may have misunderstood. Exactly which TC-Helicon device do you use, do you have an instrument and what is it plugged into?

• April 17, 2020
    • Billfon
      kiskadar69

Set VoiceLive Play to Mono mode (SETUP - Output -> Mono) and use the left XLR output of VoiceLive Play.

• April 19, 2020
Go to page