Statistics

227,672 members
102,442 posts
  • vic91218
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-05
    Hey guys, I just purchased a mic mechanic 2. When I plug this guy up and turn it on, I'm loosing too much signal with my condenser mic, and have to then turn the gain up too hot on my focusrite audio box USB, therefor introducing way too much noise. MY signal path is, Condenser, to Mic Mechanic 2, to Focusrite Audio box usb. I tried to connect to the voicesupport2 too see if an update or firmware could help, but it says "no internet connection." Just about to return this guy sadly. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.
    read more...
    0 24
    • vic91218
      RexBeckett The Mic Mechanic 2 has a 24V phantom supply. If your condenser mic requires 48V, it could explain why the output level is low. If that is the problem, you could use an external 48V phantom supply between the mic and the MM2 - or a different mic.
      • July 5, 2020
      • Mic Mechanic 2 Low Gain
        vic91218 Rex thank you for the reply! Should the phantom on the mic mechanic even matter if the focusrite has 48v phantom engaged?
        • July 6, 2020
      • Mic Mechanic 2 Low Gain
        RexBeckett The Mic Mechanic will not pass phantom power from the Focurite to the mic. It only provides a fixed 24V on its mic input. It is only an issue if your mic needs a 48V supply. Many mics will work with lower phantom voltages but not all do.
        • July 6, 2020
  • New
    Rycroft
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-28

ok,ok help me ....

SO I wanna hear the varoius sounds of the MET on my voicelive 3.

What have I missed..?Turn MET on selected the instrument I wanna Hear.... Get the Flashy Flashy thing... Thats Nice...Guitar and Voice, Hear great, Sounds real sexy..... How come I cant hear the MET...  Mute is NOT on, just in case youre asking...LOL

Is there a hidden volume button for the Met  anywhere?

Cheers

read more...
    0 30
    • Rycroft
      PetGerbil Have you looked in the "mix" section.? (Twiddle one of the four small knobs should bring it up) Depending on how you are listening to it ie. headphones or main outputs, you can set whether it comes out of just the headphones or both phones and outputs. In the "mix" part you can set their relative volumes and what goes where,
      • November 28, 2020
    • Rycroft
      Rycroft Thank you for quick reply... Checked it out, still nuffin I'm sorry to say...
      • November 28, 2020
    • Rycroft
      Rycroft Pet Gerbil: Thank you problem resolved..... Cable output not connected correctly...... But your info helped a lot....
      • November 28, 2020
  • New
    PJoensen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-16

Hello. I'm the bassist and only backupsinger in my band. I want to use the autopitch and some harmonies. Now, we use exclusively in-ear monitors, so there's no sound on stage. Can I route a group, consisting of guitar, piano/keys, into the AUX, and count on the Voicelive Play to know the key and major/minor thingy?

read more...
    0 17
    • PJoensen
      PedroRodrigues Hi PJoensen , the Aux in can perform calculations to help make harmonies more accurate.
      There are 2 settings:
      LIVE – Use when you are playing live or processing a recorded vocal track from your DAW us ing the AUX in to provide guide tracks.
      TRACKS – Use when you’re singing along with pre-recorded music, like an mp3 player.
      The unit offers two Key modes:
      Auto – Key information is taken from the AUX input, if present, or the currently set Key if there is no AUX signal.
      Room Sense – Key information is pulled out of thin air! If your VoiceLive Play is near or on a keyboard, guitar or other chord-based instrument, the mics inside the Play will attempt to determine key information from the audio received.
      This setting is best used in a single instrument environment where the Play is located close to the instrument being played.
      • Apr 16
  • Mickeyme91
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-24

Hi all, I`m having issues on overdubbing on a loop.

When I overdub I cannot hear the previous loop anymore, even if I overdub at a very small volume.

If I overdub not playing anything the previous loop si muted..

What am I doing wrong? It was going well before.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 48
  • MarkGamache
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-02

What is the lowest latency possible with the VL3? 

I am trying to use VL3 as a low latency audio interface. However, even at the lowest possible settings in asio4all I am still getting noticeable latency (it sounds like a very fast slap back echo). I have other ASIO devices that do not have this issue (at worst there is some mild phasing due to the latency in those devices at 48K / 128 sample buffer). I am using Bluecat's Patchwork to access the device. Relying on asio4all seems like a cop-out, TC didn't want to spend the time to write proper ASIO divers. 

(I am running the latest firmware and using an i7 with 32gigs of ram). 

read more...
    0 79
    • MarkGamache
      TCH-Rob

Hi @MarkGamache ,

Unfortunately the VL3 interface does have some latency; we plan to improve this on future Voicelive iterations. 

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      MarkGamache

Thanks for info. Of course the big question is *when* will a VoiceLive 4 be released? I know there's no way TC marketing will choose a forum to anounce a new product. However, It feels like TC has gotten lost in the all the mergers and you are focusing on more mobile/Podcasting apps. Any hints you can drop would be welcome. 

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      TCH-Rob

@MarkGamache a new Voicelive is currently one of our primary development focuses; there probably won't be anything in 2020 but we're planning to get something out as quickly as we can!

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      MarkGamache

Awsome. I'll expect a release at Winter NAMM 2021 (kidding). It will be inteesting to see if you keep the guitar effects. For solo acoustic players it's killer, but for electric guitars it really didn't work (IMO). I stacked pedals in front of it for a while, but then moved to a Helix/HX Stomp.  

I'll add one specific request... An 1176 style compressor upfront for transients if you keep the gutiar processing and another compressor for the end of the effects chain (LA-2A / Tube) to smooth the sound like butter. 

• February 7, 2020
  • New
    Russbac
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

I have a voice live 3 that doesn't power up anybody know where to send these things for repair

0 0
    • Russbac
      Nigel67 Hi Russbac. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you. Many thanks
      • May 2
  • AndyHladek
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-22

Can anyone provide the screw spefications for the VL3 backplate - 8 small and 1 center/larger?  Also, please let me know if you found somewhere they can be purchased.  Thanks!

0 113
  • CntryBoyNC
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-29

Does anyone have a preset profile for vocal and or guitar for Stephen Stills , and songs?? THANKS!

0 45
  • New
    Potapov
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-13

A good guitar drive is the absence of clipping when the pick hits the string. Then you can play a sonorous dry and juicy mute, a technique that is used by most guitarists who play metal. Question to support: is it possible to configure it? Did anyone succeed? There are presets? If there is a preset where amp "metallic" could be overclocked to overload "pre gain" more than 50. I want to see it. And then I will understand whether my engineer needs to correct the circuit of my guitar or voicelive 3. While I observe a strong clipping in low frequencies when touching the strings. And this can't be fixed with any equalizer settings

read more...
    1 52
    • Potapov
      Potapov Today we are completely desperate. Oh, that gurgling guitar sound instead of normal metal! I really need an electrical circuit. Please send it to me. We will try to make bandpass filters of low-pass cutoff into the guitar channel. Or set inside the channel gap distortion, and output the control button. I can't use external devices - I need mobility, I bought voicelive 3 because it should be one. Promised by the manufacturer that it will be one. Help with the scheme please!
      • December 13, 2020
    • Potapov
      PedroRodrigues Hi Sergey, before going forward please allow me to point out the fact that we do not support any intervention on a component level made by end users.
      For gain, distortion, Amp Modelling, and Phrase Looping please follow the link below to access a few videos that might help you
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIDxupHCnU
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2cxyqp8a4I
      Thank you
      • December 14, 2020
      • Setting up a good guitar drive
        Potapov I'm in a hopeless situation. There is no service in the country, no scheme. What should I do
        • ·
        • Feb 1
      • Setting up a good guitar drive
        PedroRodrigues Hi Potapov, please contact
        Audioproject LLC

29 107076 Electrozavodskaya str.

bld 1

Russian Federation

Russia

+7(495)617-5560

[email protected]
        They may be able to help you.

Thank you
        • Feb 2
  • New
    Frizzuto1966
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-16

Just unboxed my VoiceLivePlay and can’t get it working properly. Sound is very low, even with Gain turned up and no effects are working

0 18
Go to page