Statistics

306,235 members
190,604 posts
  • New
    sanelso2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-08

Hi, I have two questions:

1) Is there any difference between the TC Helicon Voicelive Play and the Play Acoustic, besides the Play Acoustic having the guitar input (for key detection and efxs) and guitar effects? So does this mean both versions of the units have "exactly" the same vocal effects?

2) On either unit, cans Voicelive VoiceSupport2 software be used to pre-program the keys of invidual presets that can be then sent to the VLP units? ...or is the VoiceSupport2 software basically for only backing up, copying, and changing order of presets?

Thanks for you help in advance!

read more...
    0 4,100
    • sanelso2
      JoeRivers96 Hi, thank you for your contact. The vocal fx on these two units are the same - you will see some different presets on the Play Acoustic due to the guitar input.

Unfortunately internal settings cannot be edited on VoiceSupport 2. This software is purely for preset management and firmware updates.
      • May 8, 2021
  • New
    jefftaylormusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-28

Sometimes when in setup mode, screens develop mind's of there own and randomly switch through options, genre's etc. I literally have to wait until it stops. Has this happened to anyone? Do I need to update software or does this sound like a defective unit?

read more...
    0 40
    • jefftaylormusic
      Paul_Vannatto Setup mode in what product?
      • Jan 28
      • Random Screen Changing on Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme
        jefftaylormusic Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme
        • Jan 29
    • jefftaylormusic
      jefftaylormusic Does anyone have any answers??
      • Jan 29
    • jefftaylormusic
      jefftaylormusic Did you have any success with the firmware update?
      • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic No, thanks for asking. I did a firmware reinstall with the same version (apparently I had the most up to date edition). Same problem, still randomly changes screens when in setup mode.
        • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic Must be frustrating. Reaching out to the "tribe" with over 270K members should prompt some helpful suggestions. Good luck my friend.
        • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic Yes, may just return unit, seems to be great piece of gear with many bugs though.
        • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic following...
        • Jan 31
    • jefftaylormusic
      Paul_Vannatto Is this a joke, dialoging with yourself?
      • Jan 31
        jefftaylormusic No, meant for enlightenment. Tribe seems to be a graveyard. I'm returning unit due to lack of support. Problem solved.
        • Jan 31
    • jefftaylormusic
      Paul_Vannatto Totally understood and I agree that this forum is nothing close to what we had before the major change that happened about 2 years ago. Most of the seasoned users have left in disgust for other forums and groups (unfortunately). Sorry that I can't help you, since my expertise is with the digital consoles (X-Air, X32, Wing, etc.)
      • Jan 31
  • New
    radiohe4d
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-09

Hi all,

For years now i have been using the Boss VE2 vocal pedal, which has been great but the problem is it's not easy to program multiple harmony presets and change them on the fly when playing live. I decide it was time to upgrade and my partner just ordered the TC Helicon Play Acoustic for me as a xmas present. I've since discovered a problem when looking at pictures of the connections. It seems this pedal only has an XLR out for the guitar. Currently, with my VE2, we go straight out of the guitar out jack into my guitarist's pedal board (we use the auto key detection function). Without a jack out connector we can't do this anymore. Is there some way to sort this out or did i just get an inadequate device as a present?

Thx.

read more...
    0 38
  • New
    lizcomo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-06

I am at the very beginning stages of setting up this voice box and I cannot adjust the mic control setting. It displays as N/A. According to the manual, there are 4 settings. I was able to adjust settings on the other items but not this one. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 16
    • lizcomo
      kiskadar69 Before doing so, set SETUP / Input / Mic Type to "MP-75" (or "MP-76" if you have such a microphone).
      • Aug 7
    • lizcomo
      PedroRodrigues Hi lizcomo, thank you for your post, when you press Setup, the VoiceLive Play enters a menu, which is comprised of 6 pages and controls the general functions of the device.
      Amongst those function you have the Mic Type that allows you to select the type of microphone.
      There are 4 settings:
      DYNAMIC MIC– for dynamic mics (like an SM-58 or OM5)
      CONDENSER MIC – for condenser mics (like a Beta 87A)
      MP-75 MIC - for use with our MP-75 microphone, which has an onboard switch to control various functions of your VoiceLive Play, such as the HIT or LOOP functions. *Mic Control defaults to HIT when MP-75 is selected.
      USB – Digital audio can be passed to the VoiceLive Play via the USB port. You can select USB Left or USB Right, allowing you to send vocals from a DAW, in mono, to the unit.
      It is important to take under account that on Input control you must select Mic Control, that sets the action associated with the Mic-Button.
      There are 4 settings:
      HIT – The mic button controls HIT in any patch that has a HIT function assigned.
      HIT + TALK - Pressing the mic button engages the HIT function. Pressing and HOLDING the mic button engages TALK mode, bypassing all effects. Press again to exit TALK mode.
      PRESET UP – Cycles through the presets, moving forward through the menu.
      LOOP – Activates or De-Activates RECORD/PLAY/O-DUB for Looping. For Looping.
      Once you’ve connected your microphone and selected the Mic Type (Dynamic, Condenser, MP-75), use the Mic Gain Knob to set the input level for your microphone.
      As you increase the level, pay close attention to the LED on the top of the VoiceLive Play. You want the input to light Green.
      It’s OK if the LED sometimes lights Yellow, but it should never turn Red. If it does turn Red, reduce the level. Red means the input is overloading.
      • Aug 9
  • New
    MikeMuellerleile
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-06

Will the VL3X detect the harmony key from a loaded backing track? If so, what setting does the harmony setting need to be on (i.e natural play, scale, etc.)? 

0 46
    • MikeMuellerleile
      MikeMuellerleile Wow, every question answered except for mine.
      • July 9, 2021
    • MikeMuellerleile
      PedroRodrigues Hi MikeMuellerleile please consider that the VL3X can detect harmony key from the Guitar input/MIDI or USB port/Aux input/RoomSense microphones but not form the from a loaded backing track but it will provide the user with information of the key present on the the files loaded. Thank you
      • August 4, 2021
  • New
    JNeww
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-20

Hello, I have read through the VoiceLive Extreme manual (nice job!) and want to use a WAH Pedal into the Expression input. What Brand and model # do you recommend for WAH pedal? Passive pedal and powered pedal options would be nice.

Cheers!

read more...
    0 59
  • New
    Goyavette
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-28

Hi, using Perform VK with Nordstage 2 keyboard. I often tranpose the keyboard, from song to song on live performance, but the Perform VK does not receive transpose information, so Harmony mode doesn't work when transposed (it plays non-transposed harmonies even when keybard has been transposed).

I wish to use MIDI only, for sound quality.

It works fine with the Aux in/out, but sound is bad quality (microphone loops). Using MIDI link only, Harmony works well, even with low volume keyboard. But only non transposed.

Could someone tell me how to get the Perform VK to receive transpose data from my keyboard ?

Many thanks

read more...
    0 110
    • Goyavette
      PedroRodrigues Hi Goyavette please consider that the PERFORM-VK responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information. To block incoming CC and PC messages, hold the Set button while powering on. Note data will still be accepted in this state.
      For convenience, we have mapped many PERFORM-VK CC’s to the Behringer UMA25s controller keyboard.
      The “UMA25s Mapping” column shows the button or control on the UMA25s related to each control.
      MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127
      MIDI CC List The following chart shows a list of all available control changes.
      The MIDI channel can be set by holding the Set button and pressing a note on a connected MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel on which this note was sent will be used as the MIDI receive channel.

Regarding the RPn/nRPn Implementation, the RPN 0: Pitch Bend Sensitivity. This is a standard way to change pitch bend range.
      When it comes to MIDI Tempo, the Perform-VK responds to incoming MIDI tempo and will adjust system Tap Tempo accordingly.
      When controlling harmony via MIDI, in either Notes mode or NaturalPlay, it is sometimes desirable to have one section of the keyboard designated to sending that control information. It could be the area that your left hand is, to play chords of harmonies.
      In order to designate an area of the keyboard to respond to, a Split Point is set.
      Any notes, either above or below the split point, are deemed useable by the system. Notes outside the range are rejected.
      To set the Split Point, hold the SET button and press the note on your keyboard that you want to act as the split note.
      Then, to choose a split ABOVE that note, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE ABOVE your split note.
      To choose a split BELOW, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE BELOW your split note.
      This creates a split, above or below, with no transposition.
      In order to set a split point AND transpose the incoming MIDI notes, you will choose a different note in place of the ABOVE/BELOW notes mentioned above. It will seem a bit confusing, but does allow you to make both a split above/below point AND transpose either up or down.

In the chart below, “X” is the split note, the point at which you want to split the keyboard, as explained previously.
      To facilitate things like “split above, but transpose down” we need to have settings both above and below your split point, that is where the chart comes in.
      For example, if you want to split ABOVE middle C, typically known as C4, but transpose DOWN so that C4 is actually C2, you’d do the following:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 6 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (F#)
      If you want to split BELOW middle C (C4) and transpose up so that C4 is C6, you’d:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 2 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (A#)
      You may need to experiment a bit to figure this out, but it does give you the ability to set your split point, split direction and transposition very quickly.
      I hope this helps.

Thank you
      • March 2, 2021
  • New
    musicencave
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-13

Hello,

I try to use my voice Live 2 connecting it with my Macbook Pro

I use Logic Pro but it doesn't work.

What can I can do ?

If you can call Me it will be better... I am in France 0766705814

0 65
  • New
    JessicaSmith
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-21

Hello, i have a Tc-Helicon Voice Prism Plus that is having an issue it has been stored for a good many years and when i turn it on it has power but the splash screen never changes from the intro message none of the knobs or effects work either, does anyone here no how to fix this issue or do the even still support or service this unit i have read about others that have the same issue with this same model, Is there a factory restore for this unit any ideas or advice would be apreciated

read more...
    0 302
    • JessicaSmith
      TC Helicon Hi JessicaSmith. If you need assistance with your TC Helicon products, the fastest and most effective way to directly reach our technical support team is at:

https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal" target="_blank" title="https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal" target="_blank" title="https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal">https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal">https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal">https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal

- Diego
      • July 23, 2021
    • JessicaSmith
      PedroRodrigues Hi JessicaSmith thank you for your contact, please consider that this unit has been a legacy unit for some years now and we do not have much resources to support, never the less as a first step I would suggest performing a reset on your unit by following the steps below:
      Power on the unit while pressing "STORE+PREVIEW+ARROW LEFT"to enter the system menu.
      When the self test starts your unit resets automatically. .
      After the selftest power OFF/ON the unit.
      If this does not help resolving the issue you have reported please follow the link provided by my collegue to submit an assitance request direlcy with us so we can assit you with more tools.
      Thank you
      • July 28, 2021
    • JessicaSmith
      otis123

Voice effects can be a great way to add personality and excitement to your videos. They can help to make your content more engaging and interesting, and they can also help to make your videos look more professional. Here are a few tips on how to create the perfect voice effect for your videos: https://amongus2.io

1. Choose the right voice effect for your video.

2. Choose a voice that is comfortable and easy to use.

3. Choose a voice that is appropriate for the tone of your video.

4. Use the right voice effect for the right video.

5. Make sure the voice effect is compatible with your video editing software.

• Nov 27
  • New
    OPANOS
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

Hello guys :) I love voicelive 3 but it’s been a while that l m waiting for an upgrade , so here is the question …is VOICELIVE 4 coming out soon?

0 31
    • OPANOS
      PedroRodrigues Hi OPANOS please consider that at this moment we cannot provide any information on this matter, please keep an eye on our social media for any news on new units. Thank you
      • September 14, 2021
    • OPANOS
      OPANOS What about this? ?
      • September 15, 2021
Go to page