Statistics

224,033 members
98,292 posts
  • New
    Goyavette
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-28

Hi, using Perform VK with Nordstage 2 keyboard. I often tranpose the keyboard, from song to song on live performance, but the Perform VK does not receive transpose information, so Harmony mode doesn't work when transposed (it plays non-transposed harmonies even when keybard has been transposed).

I wish to use MIDI only, for sound quality.

It works fine with the Aux in/out, but sound is bad quality (microphone loops). Using MIDI link only, Harmony works well, even with low volume keyboard. But only non transposed.

Could someone tell me how to get the Perform VK to receive transpose data from my keyboard ?

Many thanks

read more...
    0 14
    • Goyavette
      PedroRodrigues Hi Goyavette please consider that the PERFORM-VK responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information. To block incoming CC and PC messages, hold the Set button while powering on. Note data will still be accepted in this state.
      For convenience, we have mapped many PERFORM-VK CC’s to the Behringer UMA25s controller keyboard.
      The “UMA25s Mapping” column shows the button or control on the UMA25s related to each control.
      MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127
      MIDI CC List The following chart shows a list of all available control changes.
      The MIDI channel can be set by holding the Set button and pressing a note on a connected MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel on which this note was sent will be used as the MIDI receive channel.

Regarding the RPn/nRPn Implementation, the RPN 0: Pitch Bend Sensitivity. This is a standard way to change pitch bend range.
      When it comes to MIDI Tempo, the Perform-VK responds to incoming MIDI tempo and will adjust system Tap Tempo accordingly.
      When controlling harmony via MIDI, in either Notes mode or NaturalPlay, it is sometimes desirable to have one section of the keyboard designated to sending that control information. It could be the area that your left hand is, to play chords of harmonies.
      In order to designate an area of the keyboard to respond to, a Split Point is set.
      Any notes, either above or below the split point, are deemed useable by the system. Notes outside the range are rejected.
      To set the Split Point, hold the SET button and press the note on your keyboard that you want to act as the split note.
      Then, to choose a split ABOVE that note, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE ABOVE your split note.
      To choose a split BELOW, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE BELOW your split note.
      This creates a split, above or below, with no transposition.
      In order to set a split point AND transpose the incoming MIDI notes, you will choose a different note in place of the ABOVE/BELOW notes mentioned above. It will seem a bit confusing, but does allow you to make both a split above/below point AND transpose either up or down.

In the chart below, “X” is the split note, the point at which you want to split the keyboard, as explained previously.
      To facilitate things like “split above, but transpose down” we need to have settings both above and below your split point, that is where the chart comes in.
      For example, if you want to split ABOVE middle C, typically known as C4, but transpose DOWN so that C4 is actually C2, you’d do the following:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 6 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (F#)
      If you want to split BELOW middle C (C4) and transpose up so that C4 is C6, you’d:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 2 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (A#)
      You may need to experiment a bit to figure this out, but it does give you the ability to set your split point, split direction and transposition very quickly.
      I hope this helps.

Thank you
      • Mar 2
  • New
    MartyCansler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-12

I just purchased a Perform VG and tried to attach it to my mic stand.  I think it must only fit  the upper portion of the mic stand, but this still seems to be too large.  Mine, and most I have found are 5/8" diameter.  I have an older one that has an upper tube of 1/2".  This seems to fit well.  

So which size should it best fit?  Will I break this if I try to attach it to the 5/8" tube?  

read more...
    0 24
    • MartyCansler
      PedroRodrigues Hi, MartyCansler I would suggest to use a mic stand with 3/8" diameter to use with the Perform VG
      • Jan 12
    • MartyCansler
      MartyCansler Thank you for your reply. Do you know who makes a mic stand with this size?
      • Jan 12
      • Mic Stand Mount size for Perform VG
        PedroRodrigues Hi Marty I'm sure you will find a few solution on Thomann
        • Jan 13
    • MartyCansler
      MartyCansler Thank you Pedro. Just does not seem common to find this 3/8” diameter and no one list these specifications online.
      • Jan 15
  • New
    ChrisPotter1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

I have a VoiceLiveplay and the internal power connection is done. Tried a new power adapter with no success. 

I started a service request but, I have no idea how to find it or what to do next. Can anyone point me towards how to get this dealt with or what is supposed to happen next?

Thanks 

read more...
    0 22
    • ChrisPotter1
      RexBeckett Hi Chris, if you submitted a Care ticket for Service Repair you should get a confirmation email. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder in case it ends-up there. It could be a few days before you get additional emails about the case. You should also be able to see the status of your ticket by clicking on Support at the top of this page then scrolling down and selecting Care Portal.
      • November 27, 2020
    • ChrisPotter1
      ChrisPotter1 Thanks Rex
      • November 29, 2020
  • New
    JoseRGonzalez
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hello... is there a way to pan my vocals to the right channel (output to mixer) only so I can monitor the left channel (output to monitor) without hearing my vocals?

Im using back tracks and hear my vocals in the ear monitor louder than the click track (left channel).

Cheers,

JG

read more...
    0 21
    • JoseRGonzalez
      PedroRodrigues Hi JoseRGonzalez to be possible to reply in more detail please state what unit what you are referring to. Nevertheless generally on TC HELICON units that will not be possible but please confirm the unit you are referring to so I can provide the options available. Thank you
      • Jan 12
      • Vocal Output Panning (L/R)
        JoseRGonzalez VL3X. Sorry about that. I am using background tracks and need to monitor the left channel with in-ears, but my voice also comes out on the left channel and doesnt let me hear the click track. Thanks!
        • ·
        • Jan 12
        PedroRodrigues Hi Jose, please be aware that the metronome is always on, even when it's not. It's constantly ticking away in the background, so even when you have the metronome set to Off, it's still going internally to calculate things like delay.
        You can go into the Mix menu and customize the headphone output - it's possible to make this just the metronome output by turning everything else down. You can change the metronome's tempo, but it must be done manually, either by going into the looper's Met menu, or you can button map an effect switch to Tap Tempo and dedicate one of your effect footswitches (either guitar, vocal, or both) to metronome tempo. Either way, when you go to tap in a tempo a window will pop up showing the current tempo, and you can use the preset up and down footswitches to edit the tempo 1 bpm at a time (or just tap it in). All the individual levels are adjustable as well, you have control over a Main Mix, Headphone Mix, Effects Mix, and Loop Mix.
        If I understand your situation, you want to be able to stop the loops and have silence for an indeterminate amount of time, then be able to stomp the loops back on and have the 1 beat of the metronome right when you press the footswitch. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be possible with the inclusion of the metronome through the main outs.
        It is possible to isolate the metronome to the headphone out jack via the Mix menu, so you'd be able to hear it. This would be a substitute for you looking down at the flashing metronome light when singing.
        • Jan 13
        JoseRGonzalez Hi Pedro... I dont use the metronome. I create my own backing tracks and import them into the voicelive3 extreme. The backing tracks I make have the music I want people to hear in the right channel. The left channel has a click and some cues to help me during the song. When I play the track in the VL3x, the right channel comes out my PA, and the left channel goes into my ear monitor. The background track works great, but my voice comes out of the VL3x out both channels, so because of my voice coming out of the left channel also, I cant hear well what I have in the track. If I lower the microphone levels, it would lower the volume on both channels so then the vocals would be too low on the mix. What I did last gig was to just connect my microphone directly to the PA so I didnt have to hear myself on the track, thus leaving the VL3x used as a track player.

One way I tought of fixing this is to recreate all of my backing tracks so that the left channel is higher volume than the right. Thats gona take a long time.
        • Jan 13
  • Floh1954
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-25

Hi,

which affordable expression pedals work best with the VoiveLive 2?

That means, that there are no "dead" areas from toe to heel position.

I learned, that most pedals with a 25 K linear pot in TRS-configuration work fine as an expression

pedal, but I do not know the correct brands ( the pedal should be durable).

Thanks in advance, regards,

Florian Schneider

read more...
    0 22
    • Floh1954
      JasonB81 Hello Florian - This is the pedal I use for all my TC products - I highly recommend it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EP3--moog-ep-3-universal-polarity-expression-pedal?mrkgadid=984185277&mrkgcl=28&mrkgen=gdsa&mrkgbflag=0&mrkgcat=generic&&acctid=21700000001645388&dskeywordid=39700048800210508&lid=39700048800210508&ds_s_kwgid=58700005371980883&device=c&network=g&matchtype=b&locationid=9013141&creative=452849193008&targetid=aud-909333222373:dsa-824852042819&campaignid=6730319002&gclsrc=aw.ds&&mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=984185277&rkg_id=0&campaigntype=dsa&campaign=aaDSA&adgroup=984185277:DSA%20-%20Product&placement=google&adpos=&creative=452849193008&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Nj5BRCZARIsABwxDKIinFL20WL3haU2z_IupNMmKOLuNMw2nG_KIfd4c51f1eC2z8fJs_gaAsbwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
      • August 14, 2020
  • New
    LuisLugo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-26

Hello.

I would like to know if it's possible to use a MIDI controller like MS MC-6 to act as a switch-6 to access the same Voicelive 3 functions or actions that the latter can be assigned using a TRS-to-TRS (not 5Pin-to-TRS) cable, given that these actions have no pre-assigned MIDI commands.

So far I can only access the Voicelive 3 functions having pre-assigned MIDI Control Change (CC) and Program Change (PC) values transmitted via the standard 5-Pin MIDI cable.

Your help will be greatly appreciated (via email, preferably, if possible)

Cheers!

read more...
    0 17
    • LuisLugo
      PedroRodrigues Hi, LuisLugo thank you for your contact please consider that the SWITCH-6 requires the latest firmware to be installed on VOICELIVE 3, VOICELIVE TOUCH 2, or PLAY ELECTRIC to be able to work correctly, this means that this unit offers a bigger bridging capability than any other unit so I can’t offer any other advise than recommend the use of the SWITCH-6 instead of any other controller.
      • Jan 27
  • New
    duliming70
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

Sorry, New to the community. Just bought Harmony singer 2 and MP75 mic. but can not make the Mic to control the pedal. updated firmware as instructed, but still not working. Anybody here can give me a trick?

0 8
    • duliming70
      RexBeckett Hi there, did you try enabling Mic Control?

Quote from the manual: Mic Control allows you to control the effect's on/off status via an MP-75 microphone. Press and hold the footswitch while powering up the unit to toggle Mic Control.
      • Mar 31
  • New
    josephst9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi

I would like to know how i can use an external volume pedal with my TCH play acoustic? i got a Valeton Surge EP2 but i am not sure how to connect it and use it with the pedal jack on the TCHPA. Thanks in advance

Joe

0 22
    • josephst9
      PetGerbil Do you want to use it as a Volume pedal, or an Expression pedal ? as it looks like that pedal can do both. The socket on the back of the Play-A is expecting an Expression pedal, which you would connect a stereo jack lead from Valeton output to. (leave the input of the pedal empty)

If you want to use it as a Volume pedal, then connect the guitar to Valeton input then the output to the Play-Acoustic input. (not the pedal jack input)
      • November 27, 2020
      • External volume pedal for TCH Play acoustic
        josephst9 Thanks Pet for your response. I am actually looking to use this for controling the volume of the voice part. The scenario is, when i am singing in church, i wanted to control the volume between prayers and singing (higher volume for singing and medium volume for prayers/responses). So i picked this up to see if i could use this for volume control
        • November 27, 2020
    • josephst9
      kiskadar69 To the best of my knowledge, Play Acoustic cannot use the expression pedals plugged into its pedal input. It works with Switch-3 (or compatible) and Switch-6 pedals, and Play Acoustic must be configured accordingly.
      • November 27, 2020
        PetGerbil Aaahhh. Ooops. my apologies then. Thanks for the info kiskadar69. I assumed too much,

In that case....ahem.. Use it as a volume control, Joseph. either in between the mic and the Play-acoustic or Play acoustic and amp/pa/mixer.
        • November 27, 2020
    • josephst9
      PetGerbil I haven't looked at what you can assign the expression pedal to on a Play-A, but I should think Volume should be do-able. Of the two, I think I'd use it as an expression pedal plugged in the back and then set it to control volume.
      • November 27, 2020
        PetGerbil ignore this...see above
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    jim1425
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

HI IM NEW HERE, IM PLANNING TO PURCHASE A TC HELICON PERFORM V OR A PERFORM VK..JUST WANT TO KNOW IF BOTH DETECT PROPER KEY VIA AUX INPUTS OR ANY FROM ITS INPUTS ON BOARD TO DETECT OR GUESS THE RIGHT KEY IN ORDER TO USE THE HARMONY EFFECTS....I DONT PLAY GUITAR OR KEYBOARD ..JUST LOVE TO SING AND RECORD VIA MINUS ONE OR BACKTRACKS(KARAOKE)

THANKS COMMUNITY FOR ANY HELP OR REPLY.

JIM

read more...
    0 12
    • jim1425
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi jim1425, both the Perform V and VK can detect keys via a backing track via Aux or with the use of the Roomsense feature. The Roomsense feature will use in the built-in Microphone on the unit to listen for chords in the room from a guitar or piano and try to figure out key and scale from that.

The Perform VK is also capable of doing this with a Keyboard connected.
      • Jan 13
      • HARMONY KEY DETECTION BY AUX OR MIC
        jim1425 Thank you for such a pleasant reply.....more power to you and God bless you too..
        • ·
        • Jan 13
  • New
    GreggCagno
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-11

Trying to use VL2 as interface to Ableton Live 10 Lite via USB, and record guitar and vocal simultaneously into 2 separate tracks.

I have Digital In set to USB: Vox L / Instru R and Ableton tracks set as shown here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgOFQMRrH1M

Not getting a signal....If I switch Digital In to USB: Stereo, it works but then it combines both signals in one track.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

G

read more...
    0 16
    • GreggCagno
      PedroRodrigues Hi,GreggCagno,please consider that there are a few common methods of using VoiceLive 2 with a USB-connected computer and an audio application (DAW):
      Capturing a full mix of your performance
      Processing vocals from your DAW 3. Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks We assume you are familiar with configuring your audio application for input and output and that you understand connection of VoiceLive 2’s inputs and outputs.
      Method 1 - Capturing a full mix of your performance: Set VoiceLive 2’s I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:STEREO
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX

Connect your mic and headphones to VoiceLive2 and pick a preset you like. VoiceLive 2 will send the fully processed sound to your DAW and you’ll be able to monitor through your headphones or the analogue audio outputs of VoiceLive 2.
      In order to set VoiceLive 2’s sample rate, play a little bit of audio from your DAW before recording your vocal track.
      Method #2 - Processing vocals from your DAW:
      To use VoiceLive 2 as an effects insert, set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB: VOX L / INST R 2.
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX
      Configure an aux send in your DAW to send the vocal track to VoiceLive 2’s left input and the instrument track to the right. You can monitor through VoiceLive’s headphone or main outputs. When playing back using VoiceLive 2 as the output audio device, don’t forget to set the
      DIGITAL IN back to USB:STEREO

Method #3 - Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks:
      You’ll need a fully dry mono vocal track and optionally, a dry instrument track (guitar or keyboard) or midi performance if you plan to use harmony. Set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:FULL MIX
      DIGITAL OUT:VOCAL & GUITAR
      Connect your mic and a guitar to VoiceLive 2 and your headphones to the headphone out. Even though you’ll hear fully processed vocals and guitar (with Guitar FX) in the headphones, the output feeding your DAW will be separate dry vocal and guitar that you can process later with Method #2. Digital Input Notes:
      Sample rate is synchronized automatically to the incoming digital audio stream.
      There is no independent configuration of sample rate in VoiceLive 2.
      When processing an analogue input such as the MIC and sending to VoiceLive 2’s digital out, sending a short bit of audio from your recording application to either Digital in will set the sample rate.
      When DIGITAL IN is set to USB:
      - Or SPDIF:VOX L / INST R, the MIC and GUITAR IN are disabled.
      When DIGITALIN is set to USB (or SPDIF): STEREO, harmonies will follow the stereo audio coming from the selected digital input on presets where NATURALPLAY is set to AUX INPUT.
      Digital Output Notes:
      USB audio output will not function when either of the SPDIF: options is chosen for the DIGITALIN parameter.
      SPDIF digital output is always available regardless of DIGITAL IN or OUT settings.
      USB Audio And ASIO Applications
      PC-based ASIO apps such as Cubase may require you to install a WDM to ASIO “wrapper” such as ASIO4ALL which is available at www.asio4all.com in order for VoiceLive 2 to be recognized as an audio device.
      To select the audio device In the Mac and Windows operating systems, you can select VoiceLive 2’s audio device in your workstation program by name.
      In some Windows XP DAW apps, however, the name of the audio device may be “USB Audio Device”.
      To use VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN jack for harmony, preset change or realtime control while USB is connected, enter the I/O tab in the SETUP menu and set USB CONTROL to OFF.
      USB audio will function normally but MIDI will only be accepted by VoiceLive 2’s through its MIDI IN port.
      To re-enable VoiceSupport’s features and reception of MIDI from your DAW, turn USB CONTROL to ON
      I hope this helps.
      • Feb 12
Go to page