Statistics

267,855 members
147,364 posts
  • Floh1954
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-25

Hi,

which affordable expression pedals work best with the VoiveLive 2?

That means, that there are no "dead" areas from toe to heel position.

I learned, that most pedals with a 25 K linear pot in TRS-configuration work fine as an expression

pedal, but I do not know the correct brands ( the pedal should be durable).

Thanks in advance, regards,

Florian Schneider

read more...
    0 75
    • Floh1954
      JasonB81 Hello Florian - This is the pedal I use for all my TC products - I highly recommend it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EP3--moog-ep-3-universal-polarity-expression-pedal?mrkgadid=984185277&mrkgcl=28&mrkgen=gdsa&mrkgbflag=0&mrkgcat=generic&&acctid=21700000001645388&dskeywordid=39700048800210508&lid=39700048800210508&ds_s_kwgid=58700005371980883&device=c&network=g&matchtype=b&locationid=9013141&creative=452849193008&targetid=aud-909333222373:dsa-824852042819&campaignid=6730319002&gclsrc=aw.ds&&mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=984185277&rkg_id=0&campaigntype=dsa&campaign=aaDSA&adgroup=984185277:DSA%20-%20Product&placement=google&adpos=&creative=452849193008&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Nj5BRCZARIsABwxDKIinFL20WL3haU2z_IupNMmKOLuNMw2nG_KIfd4c51f1eC2z8fJs_gaAsbwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
      • August 14, 2020
  • New
    T3aztec
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

I switched from VLX3 extreme to an acoustic play.  The AUX output used to be on the vocal side of the XLR output.  On this acoustic play I have it set for vocal and guitar and it seems the AUX output is on the guitar side. Anyway to switch that?  I want to keep it Vocal on one channel and guitar on the other. But would like AUX to be on the vocal side 

read more...
    0 38
    • T3aztec
      PedroRodrigues Hi T3aztec please take in to account that you must use the Output parameter to set how signals are sent over the XLR outputs of Play Acoustic.

The unit offers several parameters that you can set up on the output stage such as:

1)-The Vocal/Guitar (DI) setting, with this setting, vocal and Aux signals are sent over one XLR connector, and guitar signals over the other XLR.

2)- With the Stereo setting, a stereo mix of Vocal, Guitar and Aux signals is sent over both XLR outputs

3)-With the Mono Setting all effected vocal and guitar sounds are sent via the left XLR output.
      Dry vocals, with Tone and pitch correction, if you have set the Pitch Cor Amt parameter on the Input page to a value other than zero, are sent via the right XLR output.

The unit also offers on the outputs stage tools such as the Vocal cancelation function and the Lead Mute parameter.
      The first tool that attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music while the second tool mutes the lead vocal and only output the processed signals.

1)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When it’s on “Off set mode” no processing is performed on the Aux input signal.
      When it’s on “On setting mode”, Play Acoustic will attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music.
      This will create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.

2)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “Off setting” activated Lead Vocals are routed to the main mix.
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “On setting” activated Lead vocals are removed from the main mix.

I hope this clarifies the options you have available to configure your unit and how you must set it up to reflect your creative intentions.
      For a more in-depth information on how to set up your unit please follow the link below to access the full guide and all the resources available for your PLAY ACOUSTIC.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEF
      • September 14, 2021
  • New
    RobertBrown
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-21

Hi, still using my Electric Play but my unit suddenly stopped recognizing the foot switch. I checked the programming-all good and I swapped out the foot switch with one I know is working. Changed cables. Nothing. Hated to do it but I even did a factory reset and re-programmed everything. Nothing. It won't recognize the foot switch. Any ideas?

read more...
    0 52
  • New
    LuisLugo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-26

Hello.

I would like to know if it's possible to use a MIDI controller like MS MC-6 to act as a switch-6 to access the same Voicelive 3 functions or actions that the latter can be assigned using a TRS-to-TRS (not 5Pin-to-TRS) cable, given that these actions have no pre-assigned MIDI commands.

So far I can only access the Voicelive 3 functions having pre-assigned MIDI Control Change (CC) and Program Change (PC) values transmitted via the standard 5-Pin MIDI cable.

Your help will be greatly appreciated (via email, preferably, if possible)

Cheers!

read more...
    0 48
    • LuisLugo
      PedroRodrigues Hi, LuisLugo thank you for your contact please consider that the SWITCH-6 requires the latest firmware to be installed on VOICELIVE 3, VOICELIVE TOUCH 2, or PLAY ELECTRIC to be able to work correctly, this means that this unit offers a bigger bridging capability than any other unit so I can’t offer any other advise than recommend the use of the SWITCH-6 instead of any other controller.
      • January 27, 2021
  • New
    duliming70
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

Sorry, New to the community. Just bought Harmony singer 2 and MP75 mic. but can not make the Mic to control the pedal. updated firmware as instructed, but still not working. Anybody here can give me a trick?

0 90
    • duliming70
      RexBeckett Hi there, did you try enabling Mic Control?

Quote from the manual: Mic Control allows you to control the effect's on/off status via an MP-75 microphone. Press and hold the footswitch while powering up the unit to toggle Mic Control.
      • March 31, 2021
  • New
    josephst9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi

I would like to know how i can use an external volume pedal with my TCH play acoustic? i got a Valeton Surge EP2 but i am not sure how to connect it and use it with the pedal jack on the TCHPA. Thanks in advance

Joe

0 68
    • josephst9
      PetGerbil Do you want to use it as a Volume pedal, or an Expression pedal ? as it looks like that pedal can do both. The socket on the back of the Play-A is expecting an Expression pedal, which you would connect a stereo jack lead from Valeton output to. (leave the input of the pedal empty)

If you want to use it as a Volume pedal, then connect the guitar to Valeton input then the output to the Play-Acoustic input. (not the pedal jack input)
      • November 27, 2020
      • External volume pedal for TCH Play acoustic
        josephst9 Thanks Pet for your response. I am actually looking to use this for controling the volume of the voice part. The scenario is, when i am singing in church, i wanted to control the volume between prayers and singing (higher volume for singing and medium volume for prayers/responses). So i picked this up to see if i could use this for volume control
        • November 27, 2020
    • josephst9
      kiskadar69 To the best of my knowledge, Play Acoustic cannot use the expression pedals plugged into its pedal input. It works with Switch-3 (or compatible) and Switch-6 pedals, and Play Acoustic must be configured accordingly.
      • November 27, 2020
        PetGerbil Aaahhh. Ooops. my apologies then. Thanks for the info kiskadar69. I assumed too much,

In that case....ahem.. Use it as a volume control, Joseph. either in between the mic and the Play-acoustic or Play acoustic and amp/pa/mixer.
        • November 27, 2020
    • josephst9
      PetGerbil I haven't looked at what you can assign the expression pedal to on a Play-A, but I should think Volume should be do-able. Of the two, I think I'd use it as an expression pedal plugged in the back and then set it to control volume.
      • November 27, 2020
        PetGerbil ignore this...see above
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    jim1425
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

HI IM NEW HERE, IM PLANNING TO PURCHASE A TC HELICON PERFORM V OR A PERFORM VK..JUST WANT TO KNOW IF BOTH DETECT PROPER KEY VIA AUX INPUTS OR ANY FROM ITS INPUTS ON BOARD TO DETECT OR GUESS THE RIGHT KEY IN ORDER TO USE THE HARMONY EFFECTS....I DONT PLAY GUITAR OR KEYBOARD ..JUST LOVE TO SING AND RECORD VIA MINUS ONE OR BACKTRACKS(KARAOKE)

THANKS COMMUNITY FOR ANY HELP OR REPLY.

JIM

read more...
    0 60
    • jim1425
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi jim1425, both the Perform V and VK can detect keys via a backing track via Aux or with the use of the Roomsense feature. The Roomsense feature will use in the built-in Microphone on the unit to listen for chords in the room from a guitar or piano and try to figure out key and scale from that.

The Perform VK is also capable of doing this with a Keyboard connected.
      • January 13, 2021
      • HARMONY KEY DETECTION BY AUX OR MIC
        jim1425 Thank you for such a pleasant reply.....more power to you and God bless you too..
        • ·
        • January 13, 2021
    • jim1425
      ShawnBrown HI, i have a follow up question on this.

My current "Karaoke" basesement includes:
      - 2 Perform V
      -Zoom Live track mixer - i have multiple headphone jacks on this which can be customized so as to have only the back track come out them.

I am trying to understand if i can get better harmony from using the aux and having a line run to each Perform V with just the backtrack (KaraFun) and would that be better than room sense?

I hope this even makes sense
      • November 16, 2021
  • New
    GreggCagno
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-11

Trying to use VL2 as interface to Ableton Live 10 Lite via USB, and record guitar and vocal simultaneously into 2 separate tracks.

I have Digital In set to USB: Vox L / Instru R and Ableton tracks set as shown here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgOFQMRrH1M

Not getting a signal....If I switch Digital In to USB: Stereo, it works but then it combines both signals in one track.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

G

read more...
    0 57
    • GreggCagno
      PedroRodrigues Hi,GreggCagno,please consider that there are a few common methods of using VoiceLive 2 with a USB-connected computer and an audio application (DAW):
      Capturing a full mix of your performance
      Processing vocals from your DAW 3. Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks We assume you are familiar with configuring your audio application for input and output and that you understand connection of VoiceLive 2’s inputs and outputs.
      Method 1 - Capturing a full mix of your performance: Set VoiceLive 2’s I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:STEREO
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX

Connect your mic and headphones to VoiceLive2 and pick a preset you like. VoiceLive 2 will send the fully processed sound to your DAW and you’ll be able to monitor through your headphones or the analogue audio outputs of VoiceLive 2.
      In order to set VoiceLive 2’s sample rate, play a little bit of audio from your DAW before recording your vocal track.
      Method #2 - Processing vocals from your DAW:
      To use VoiceLive 2 as an effects insert, set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB: VOX L / INST R 2.
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX
      Configure an aux send in your DAW to send the vocal track to VoiceLive 2’s left input and the instrument track to the right. You can monitor through VoiceLive’s headphone or main outputs. When playing back using VoiceLive 2 as the output audio device, don’t forget to set the
      DIGITAL IN back to USB:STEREO

Method #3 - Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks:
      You’ll need a fully dry mono vocal track and optionally, a dry instrument track (guitar or keyboard) or midi performance if you plan to use harmony. Set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:FULL MIX
      DIGITAL OUT:VOCAL & GUITAR
      Connect your mic and a guitar to VoiceLive 2 and your headphones to the headphone out. Even though you’ll hear fully processed vocals and guitar (with Guitar FX) in the headphones, the output feeding your DAW will be separate dry vocal and guitar that you can process later with Method #2. Digital Input Notes:
      Sample rate is synchronized automatically to the incoming digital audio stream.
      There is no independent configuration of sample rate in VoiceLive 2.
      When processing an analogue input such as the MIC and sending to VoiceLive 2’s digital out, sending a short bit of audio from your recording application to either Digital in will set the sample rate.
      When DIGITAL IN is set to USB:
      - Or SPDIF:VOX L / INST R, the MIC and GUITAR IN are disabled.
      When DIGITALIN is set to USB (or SPDIF): STEREO, harmonies will follow the stereo audio coming from the selected digital input on presets where NATURALPLAY is set to AUX INPUT.
      Digital Output Notes:
      USB audio output will not function when either of the SPDIF: options is chosen for the DIGITALIN parameter.
      SPDIF digital output is always available regardless of DIGITAL IN or OUT settings.
      USB Audio And ASIO Applications
      PC-based ASIO apps such as Cubase may require you to install a WDM to ASIO “wrapper” such as ASIO4ALL which is available at www.asio4all.com in order for VoiceLive 2 to be recognized as an audio device.
      To select the audio device In the Mac and Windows operating systems, you can select VoiceLive 2’s audio device in your workstation program by name.
      In some Windows XP DAW apps, however, the name of the audio device may be “USB Audio Device”.
      To use VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN jack for harmony, preset change or realtime control while USB is connected, enter the I/O tab in the SETUP menu and set USB CONTROL to OFF.
      USB audio will function normally but MIDI will only be accepted by VoiceLive 2’s through its MIDI IN port.
      To re-enable VoiceSupport’s features and reception of MIDI from your DAW, turn USB CONTROL to ON
      I hope this helps.
      • February 12, 2021
  • New
    thisisjust9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-13

Dear Friends,

Would you please, anybody, share me the firmware file:

PlayAcoustic 1.0.04 BUILD21 MIDIOX.syx

Or,
    PlayAcoustic 1.5.00 BUILD74 MIDIOX.syx

I need these files to fix my frozen VoiceLive Play Acoustic.
    Thank you very much for your kind attention.

read more...
    0 14
  • Jikairui
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-14
    I’m curious about the midi control on this. My band uses backing tracks, but we play them through a cymatics lp16, which does midi control out....I love how the vl3x can have a programmed set of harmonies and such to go along with a backing track, but if the backing track is coming off something else... and the vl3x does midi control in... I’m wondering if there’s a way to use this to start the playback on the vl3x (presumably using an empty backing track), thereby having all my harmonies and fx be in sync with my media player
    read more...
    0 64
Go to page