Statistics

267,858 members
147,368 posts
  • New
    TonySilver
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-28

Hi, I made a preset that has 3 steps all of which have the looper, start/stop loop & vocal & guitar fx in each step.
    I set up a loop & can move around buttons on, off, change steps etc when it's playing but when it's stopped if I change steps more than once it erases my loop. Is there a setting I should change or what?
    Cheers!

read more...
    0 44
  • New
    bhull151
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

hello.

Just bought a VL3X.

I am not seeing ALL the presets. I tap Genre and select ALL, but still don't see anything from #254 to #490!!!

I'm pretty sure i did see them all at one point but must have done something stupid!!!

How do I get ALL to work???

Thanks!!!

Bill

read more...
    0 3
  • DavidStewart
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-06

I just spent an hour tracking down a problem with the VL3X, and found the solution only by accident.

I was getting distortion of the guitar beyond any distortion effect, overlaying the effected sound of the guitar. I was also not getting the full signal strength and the stereo feed (which I found listening to the Amazing Grace recorded track). The distortion is caused by having the headphone plug of the TC-Helicon combo guitar-headphone cable inserted all the way into the jack. For some reason, inserting this all the way in causes this distortion, as well as a loss of part of the signal that should be going to the headphones. Pull the plug out slightly and you'll suddenly hear it clear up and the distortion disappear.

This seems to be a problem only with the TC-H combo cable. I've tried two other headphone plugs inserted all the way into the jack, and with neither of those headphones was there any problem. The distortion only appeared (and signal was only lost) if I was using the TC-H combo cable with the plug fully inserted. I had to pull that plug out slightly to clear it up. Unfortunately, it didn't seem that secure in the jack then. But I guess it will stay.

read more...
    0 64
    • DavidStewart
      NicJonesMT Hi David, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
      Based on your post, sounds like there is a faulty connection on the cable which is why you need to pull it slightly out.

How long ago did you purchase the device and has this issue always occurred or only recently developed?
      • August 10, 2020
      • Fault with VL3X combo guitar-headphone cable causing distortion
        DavidStewart I got the cable with the device I bought from TCH last month (bought a refurb from TCH's store on eBay). So it happened first time I plugged the cable in. I guess that's the same as "always."
        • August 10, 2020
      • Fault with VL3X combo guitar-headphone cable causing distortion
        NicJonesMT Cheers David.
        Can you please open a Technical support case and we will be able to get this resolved for you.
        Press support at the top and this will take you to the webform to open a case.
        • August 11, 2020
  • New
    Lupozuky
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

Hi Id ownloaded voiceJam for my ipad and registered One song,  Voice and Guitar, but I'm not able to share it the  song was saved on library folder ,I checked with iTunes, anybody knows how to share it? 

Thx lot

0 54
  • New
    Chappellj
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-06

I am purchasing the harmony v100.  How similar are the vocal and guitar effects to the acoustic play pedal?  I am wondering if the amp will be more limiting?

1 30
    • Chappellj
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chappellj, thank you for your post, the Harmony V100 in a “swiss army knife Amp” that offers a huge number of tools divided on the two input channels available such as Voice channel with Adaptive Tone, Intelligent Anti-feedback, Pitch Correction, Harmony, Reverb and Delay.
      On the Guitar channel with BodyRez, Intelligent Anti-feedback, Tuner, Reverb, Delay, Chorus and a 3 band EQ.

The PLAY ACOUSTIC is a great pedal and also offers BodyRez filtering and on-board EQ but the effects available on this unit are based on the TC Electronic HALL OF FAME REVERB, FLASHBACK DELAY and CORONA CHORUS pedals and DI for an acoustic guitar tone.
      In conclusion the similarities between the two units are on the BodyRez filtering, the board EQ and in the FX available.
      I would suggest checking a video guide about the V100 and also one about the PLAY ACOUSTIC, for both videos please see below:

Harmony V100
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVE1qOn5xe4

PLAY ACOUSTIC
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=884U6jgRYFQ&list=PLR6Yp1ynH1xfatUQ26rHJ3gWG-1bh_Sxh

Thank you
      • November 8, 2021
    • Chappellj
      kenhaynes So based on above response the play acoustic has more premium features ? You called out the features of each product but unclear if the features that are on the v100 are similar ? Newer technology ? Hall of fame-flashback ? Those are on v100 ?
      • November 14, 2021
      • Harmony V100 similarities to acoustic play
        PedroRodrigues Hi kenhaynes effectively the play acoustic offers more features than the Harmony V100, the innovation on the Harmony V100 is the combination of some existing tools with a amp via two different XLR inputs for Guitar and Vocals. The Harmony V100 offers agongs other tools such as Harmony, Reverb and Delay but not as configurable as the tools present on the PLAY ACOUSTIC . Thank you
        • ·
        • November 15, 2021
  • davidmck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Just purchased used VL3. (2nd July 2020) Trying to update firmware, but Voicesupport says no internet connection to TC Helicon server? Have now tried on three different computers and same message, Sometimes get message to say VL3 being used by another program (it isn't)
    read more...
    0 1,570
    • davidmck
      PlamenPenev I have the same problem. After a reset of VoiceLive 3, Voicesupport 2 does not connect to the Internet. And this for several days now - there are no answers, and I can't work.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      SpyderZA I am having the same problem with Voicesupport and Voicesupport 2. My Voicelive Touch 2 is pretty useless now and I have also got work to finish.
      • July 3, 2020
    • davidmck
      FabioValdez If you were using it before, just disconnect from internet and start the program, then you can connect again. If it's a fresh new installed then there's no workaround because it requires connection to the server for first time running. In the first post they said that is because they changed the server so it does't connect to the new server yet.
      • July 4, 2020
    • davidmck
      davidmck Already tried disconnecting from internet, starting program, and then connect to internet - made no difference. Also getting message saying "Voicesupport is unable to load required control files"
      • July 5, 2020
    • davidmck
      vic91218 I can't connect to the voicesupport as well.. bummer. Guess I'll return this thing
      • July 5, 2020
  • New
    be05546
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-18

Hi all, I am about to start using my TCH Play Acoustic for a Voice & Guitar music pratice. Can you advise what preset I should activate on my PA so I can play and sing Simon & Garfunkel types of songs ? Thanks     

0 10
    • be05546
      PedroRodrigues Hi be05546, thank you for your post, please take in to account that we a huge amount of presets available and the answer to question may be somehow subjective,nevertheless I would suggest to check all our echos presets presets on Voicesupport 2 to access what may work for your. Thank you
      • October 20, 2021
  • New
    thomasjaunism
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-03

Hi there,

I just bought a VoiceLive 3. 

I've edited the presets to how I want them. I've changed 'Harmony' to 'Hit' 'on'. But the harmony just stays on all the time. I can't turn it on or off with the 'Hit' button. This is the main reason I bought the pedal, please help!

read more...
    0 66
    • thomasjaunism
      NicJonesMT Hi ThomasJaunism.
      Can you please submit a technical support ticket and provide some photos/a short video that shows exactly how you are settings up the VL3 and how it is behaving?
      We wil then be able to advise you further.
      • July 3, 2021
  • New
    BobBaker
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-04

This was a ticket I created about my device on the 2nd time I used it:

Ticket Number: CAS-475735-J7Z1F7

Harmony G-XT

I have had the device for several years and had only used it once. I took it out to start using it and i didn't look at the manual before I connected the mic in and out and the guitar in and through and of course the unit was on, and I did see the warning not to connect the mic with the unit powered up, but only after I did it. I have the sound of the mic in my recorder and I have the sound of the guitar, but no effects or harmonies are heard. All the buttons and lights are working, I did a hard factory reset and also updated my firmware. Nothing I have tried gets the processing back. I have read all the Music tribe conversations and nothing has been said about my problem. is there a solution to reset the unit or is it now just a useless doorstop?

Ticket Info
    Name:
    Bob Baker
    Type:
    Technical Support
    Last Modified:

Their response (and they indicated it was resolved) was to call a partner for repair. I am not going to take this obviously defective or damaged by me product and pay a fee for them to tell me whats wrong with it. A simple answer was all I was looking for: i.e. "Yes you can reboot the system by...", or "no, you've burned out a component by plugging in the mic while it was powered", but they kicked the can down the road and told me it was resolved. Blah. 
    read more...
    0 102
    • BobBaker
      DavidKnighton Hello BobBaker,
      Sorry to hear your less than stellar experience. I will ask the TC Helicon team if any reset or additional troubleshooting can be done with your product.
      • August 4, 2021
    • BobBaker
      DavidKnighton Hello Bob,
      Have you tried this troubleshooting excerpt from the owner's manual? My FX level is up but the sound is still dryo You’re likely set to the Off FX style. Press the FXbutton to activate and cycle through the FX styles.
      • August 4, 2021
    • BobBaker
      kiskadar69 Try recalibrating the Harmony-G XT knobs:
      1. Hold down Manual button and the right footswitch labeled "On" during power up. The FX button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating Guitar knob. Turn the Guitar knob all the way to its minimum position and press the FX button once. FX button should start to flash. Next, turn the Guitar knob all the way to its maximum position and press the FX button once. The FX button LED will now become solid indicating that Guitar knob has been calibrated correctly.
      2. The "Voice 1" button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating FX knob. Turn the FX knob all the way to its minimum position and press the "Voice 1" button once. "Voice 1" button should start to flash. Next, turn the FX knob all the way to its maximum position and press the "Voice 1" button once. The "Voice 1" button LED will now become solid indicating that FX knob has been calibrated correctly.
      3. The "Voice 2" button will be lit indicating the start of calibrating Harmony knob. Turn the Harmony knob all the way to its minimum position and press the "Voice 2" button once. "Voice 2" button should start to flash. Next, turn the Harmony knob all the way to its maximum position and press the "Voice 2" button once. The "Voice 2" button LED will now become solid indicating that Harmony knob has been calibrated correctly. The unit will now reboot into normal mode. Done.
      • August 5, 2021
    • BobBaker
      BobBaker

It did work this time with just the mic plugged in. Later tonight I will try with the guitar and if everything works as it should I will be happy. Thanks. And as I said, I did do this recalibration when it stopped working as I had seen it in another thread. But it didn't work that time.

• August 5, 2021
    • BobBaker
      kiskadar69 OK.
      Then I only have the following tip: if the Harmony-G XT is in "mono" mode, the right XLR output will be "dry", so only the microphone signal (+Tone) will appear on it.
      • August 5, 2021
  • Npsonic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

I have had the vl3x now for 3 days... and no matter what I do I cant get my guitar to go through the pedal with effects.. there is just no output... I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

I know the pedal has input from the guitar because the level gauge and the tuner work..and I've even heard the effects through headphones on loop playback but I cant get guitar through the output to the mixer...

Can anybody help its baffling me....

read more...
    0 111
    • Npsonic
      PetGerbil Have you got the guitar plugged into the right hole ? The bottom one,not the top,cos that one'll mute the signal. What have you got your output settings set to ? Can't remember which one,but one will mute the signal. Have you looked in the Mixer section(Twiddle one of the 4 mini knobs to bring it up) Nothing amiss there ? Have you got something plugged into the seperate guitar outputs, Cos that will mute the guitar from the main outputs.
      • September 12, 2020
    • Npsonic
      Npsonic I have infact now got to the bottom of it.... the thru guitar jack sensor had a fault and was constantly picking up a jack in there hence no guitar output through the pedal..... I wsdnt going mad after all!!! Thabks for the reply guys
      • September 13, 2020
      • No guitar output vlx3
        PetGerbil That was gonna be my next suggestion..."Are you going mad ?" heh.
        • September 13, 2020
Go to page