Statistics

306,004 members
190,349 posts
  • New
    billwin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-23

Hope you can help.  Just bought a Behringer UM2.

I've connected it to windows laptop using Audacity and I can record the input on the MIC/LINE1.  I checked the input via the headphone monitor and the RCA connectors on the rear and it is mono with both sides playing the same signal. 

But when I plug the guitar into INST2 I can't configure the laptop to 'see' the second channel.  I can hear it on the headphone monitor and on the RCA connectors, again it is mono with the same signal on both left and right channels but nothing seems to get to the digital input into the laptop.  I've tried all Audacity input configurations but no signal from the elusive INST2.

I've used Audacity and Presonus Studio to try to record it but neither works.

Can anyone help, is the UM2 faulty?

read more...
    0 1,399
  • New
    joeybside
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

I'm looking to play some live sets with the TD-3 alongside a Drum Machine (The Roland TR-8 to be precise). Eventually I'm looking to incorporate this into my Live DJ Sets and some remix work. 

Would the XENYX 302 USB be compatible for the 2 Machines? My confusion is that one input on the Audio Interface says 'Line' whilst the other says '2 Track'. If the Interface is compatible, wouldn't 'Line 1' and 'Line 2' be less confusing?

Thanks

read more...
    0 105
  • New
    KoustubhPersai
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-16

I bought my Behringer Interface a while back. I was registering it by making a care ticket, but when I got to selecting the brand, there were no brand options. It was just <select brand>. Can somebody please help me out as soon as possible??

read more...
    2 116
    • KoustubhPersai
      Carl71 Same here and it still is not FIXED Why ? bought a Behringer Go case and cannot register it since Nov 28th !!!
      • December 18, 2020
    • KoustubhPersai
      Carl71 Still not Fixed! December 29th 2020 Why ?
      • December 28, 2020
      • Not getting any brand selections for making a care ticket
        KoustubhPersai Hey There! I just found a fix to this. As I was talking with one of the tech support guys, he told me to switch my browser. I was using Google Chrome, so I switched up to Microsoft Edge, AND IT WORKED!!!! So you should also try to switch browsers. It will surely work.
        • ·
        • January 1, 2021
  • New
    guybloom
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-25

(I am setting up for podcasting)

I am in Mic Setup and there is NO MIC SIGNAL showing.

• I have a Go XLR Mini.
    • Shure SMB7.
    • All plugged into an external hub.
    • All software updated.
    • The app says: "Go XLR Mini Connected via USB".
    • I have the Shure Mic plugged into the Go XLR.
    • I have the USB plugged into the external Hub and have tried it plugged in direct to the Laptop.
    • In Windows I have selected: Chat Mic.
    • The laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1, well up to the job.
    • I am running Windows 11.

Can someone please help me I am getting a bit desperate.

Thank you

Guy

read more...
    0 34
  • New
    aekkusu
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

So I've been using the Behringer U-Foria UMC 204HD for over a year and I've been very happy with it.

However, today as I decided to start recording on it, noticed the audio doesn't quite sound right. It was very faint, and when I would record with Audacity, the recording meter wouldn't go past -25dB. Also noticed some occasional buzzez and crackles, which (to my limited knowledge) seemed to sound like they were digital in nature.

I've tried to up the recording level so that it would always clip, but on Audacity, it would never go past -20dB. I've attached a screenshot exemplifying this.

I've tried restarting Audacity/Jack, then the PC, tried using a different USB port, restarted the equipment connected to the XLR ports on the audio interface, to no avail, nothing seemed to fix this issue.

I've tested the audio source by bypassing the audio interface, it sounded as it should. I've tried to plug in a monitor speaker into the front phones jack, and it sounded perfect. Then after going back to recording on the interface itself, still the same faint audio.

Am I doing something wrong? I never had this issue up until now, and haven't changed anything in my setup from the previous recording sessions.

Thank you in advance.

read more...
    0 30
    • aekkusu
      aekkusu So, in the meantime I've tried a few other things:

I took the interface and hooked up to another PC, and connected an XLR microphone to it. When I connected it to this other PC, I used the same USB lead (the one that came with the interface). All worked well, the recording level was good, and so was the signal recorded, when it clipped, it got to 0 dB as it should, instead of -20 dB.
      I've even used it during a video call and it worked just fine, the other person could hear me well.
      Now, I've tried to bring the interface back to the PC I was trying to make the recordings on.
      Changed the USB port and cable I've tried it on - same issue
      Booted in another distro in case there's an issue with the kernel/OS/system I was using previously - same issue
      Tested with the same microphone as on the other working PC - same issue, clips to -20 dB

So it would suggest there's a problem between the interface, and this specific PC, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be.
      Unfortunately I cannot move the equipment I'm recording on to be closer to the other PC, and I can't move the other PC over here either.
      So, could somebody suggest what I could try next to finally sort out this issue?
      • December 28, 2021
    • aekkusu
      Paul_Vannatto I take it that you are using one of the linux distros. If so, have you run alsamixer from the terminal to verify the USB input settings are correct?
      • December 28, 2021
      • Audio very faint, clipping to -20dB
        aekkusu Yes, I am using Linux Manjaro.
        I checked alsamixer, and indeed the volume for the interface was set to 47% for some reason
        I thought since I was using Jack Audio, the volume set wouldn't interfere, so that's why I didn't suspect that, but apparently I'm wrong, silly me.
        Thank you for the suggestion, this has solved my issue.
        • ·
        • December 28, 2021
  • New
    soundman54
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

I'm a bit new with these interfaces.  I'm able to feed both units worth of 8-channels each of audio into a daw via using two USB's.  Over a 5-min period each unit's total samples are only off by one sample. However there is a random offset between the two units that seems ransome of 1usec to 12mses. 

1)  Can these units both be externally sync'd up with like an Art SyncGen box?

(( I don't know enough to of that would only sync up the samples but the offset would still be there ))

2)  Is the  12msec 'offset' caused from using two USB ports (of 8-channel audio each ) due to the PC reading in the USB data in a multiplexing way,, where sometimes it's all in sync and on the next recording it could be a 12msec offset.

I really like the 1820 and would love to get them to work together.

Thanks for helping out a interface beginer,

soundman54

read more...
    0 62
    • soundman54
      soundman54 Hi all,,, Here's an update to the above. ((( Just FYI,, I'm testing out the samples and times using a 400Hz square wave and measuring the positive edges in my daw )))
      I believe that I've solve my sync'ing problems. I didn't under stand that for ADAT, both cables in & out of both boxes are required for proper operation. Once plugging in the 2nd cable to complete the data flow,, I am now able, with proper sync'ing, to have both 1820's send independent 8-channels of audio,,, via their separate USB's,,,, to my daw from each 1820 unit so that my daw see's 16-indipendent channels. (( thanks to Teryn at Sweetwater for the ADAT 2nd cable tip )) I've done hours of testing and so far have had good success. Sample sync'ing is perfect with an occasional 1-sample off (22-usec max with the 400Hz signal)
      Thanks for listening
      • December 24, 2021
  • Mubarak2004
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

I don't Know how to register my product in behringer and get the free software. Anyone please help me.

1 71
    • Mubarak2004
      RexBeckett At the top of this page, click Support -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Product Registration. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • September 23, 2020
      • Help
        RexBeckett You should receive a code and link by email. It may take a day or two.
        • September 23, 2020
  • New
    lysknight
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-05-27

Hello all,

Question: I have no issue recording instruments in Ableton (I have 8 synthetisers connected to the X32 compact) but how on earth would you record voice in Ableton because the MAIN slider (at the very right) controls both the input level in an Ableton track AND the volume of the sound = LARSEN effect (speakers are on!) . I just can't figure out how to disable the speakers when using headphones and using the MAIN slider when recording using a MIC. PS: SOLO doesn't do anything as the Ableton track still needs the MAIN slider input level not being at zero. 

My solution right now is to use a second small audio interface (Focusrite) just to record vocals as there are no speakers connected to it (just iusing headphones) and I change each time the audio interface in options in Ableton. 

Begging for help !! 

Many thanks.

Oliver

read more...
    0 98
    • lysknight
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Oliver, something is definitely not setup correctly. The best thing to do is to export your scene to a file (either using the Utility button and a USB stick or X32-Edit scene export), save it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link here. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • May 27, 2021
    • lysknight
      lysknight

Thank you very much Paul. I will do so !

• May 28, 2021
    • lysknight
      lysknight

Not being an engineer I couldn't figure out connecting the X32 Edit software to the X32 - SO i decided to do it the hard way: pushing up and down, left and right, all the buttons for this specific [MIC] channel and MIRACLE, the CARD OUT tab P16 9-16 did the trick. I have no idea what that means but it is now working fantastic !
      • May 28, 2021
  • New
    DJRichNumber9Kru
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-08

I recently purchased a Behringer UCA222 with which I am happy. The product description from where I purchased it noted that Traktion DAW is available (as well as Audacity etc) to download once the UCA222 is registered, and that a download code would be emailed to me. I have registered my UCA222 on the 6th Jan but have yet to receive a download code. Is Traktion still available or not?

read more...
    0 131
    • DJRichNumber9Kru
      DavidKnighton Hello James,
      Yes, we're still offering the codes. The system might have a bug that is not releasing the codes though. Can you give me the case number from your registration ticket? It will be formatted CAS-XXXXXX-XXXXXX.
      • January 8, 2021
    • DJRichNumber9Kru
      DJRichNumber9Kru Thanks David. I have replied to you via messages and sent you the case number. Much appreciated.
      • January 8, 2021
  • MythologyMPS
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-27

Hello,

I'm trying to get a hold of X-TOUCH COMPACT Firmware v1.12. I see it is downloadable on the support page, but when I click on it it appears to be locked behing some sort of login portal called Mangolia. 

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

read more...
    0 108
    • MythologyMPS
      MythologyMPS The problem is that my X-TOUCH COMPACT has been having issues since day 1. The faders and encoders work, but all of the buttons seem to be wrongly mapped on a hardware level. Doesn't matter how I set it up in the editor software, the physically buttons aren't behaving properly. I'm hoping a firmware flash will remedy these issues.

Also, if anyone knows how to flash the firmware, that would be useful too.
      • September 27, 2020
    • MythologyMPS
      john0121 Sorry the link is doing the same for me and I don't have a copy local to send. I have reported this to the web team though so it should be working soon.
      • September 27, 2020
      • X-TOUCH COMPACT Firmware v1.12
        MythologyMPS Hey John!

Thanks for reporting this. It appears the link has been restored.
        • ·
        • September 29, 2020
Go to page