Statistics

298,602 members
182,225 posts
  • JohnBoy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Hello!

Is my UMC404HD A/D interface compatible with the new MAC OS11 that's about to drop? OS 11 is going to be 64-bit, so is the UMC404HD compatible with 64-bit level?

0 101
    • JohnBoy
      DaveMorrison It should be. Catalina (10.15) is also 64 bit only.
      • October 11, 2020
    • JohnBoy
      JohnBoy Thanks Dave! It can be a little odd when the iMac gets a new operating system. Just thought I’d check. Thanks for your reply. Now I need to find out is Audition 13 works with OS11
      • October 11, 2020
    • JohnBoy
      DavidKnighton Hello John Nasshan,
      Generally speaking, it's never a bad idea to wait for an OS update from Apple to be trialed by others. Usually after a month or two of the OS release, there will be reports of which devices aren't working with the new platform. As long as Apple doesn't change anything with how their Core Audio works, it should work just fine. If your setup absolutely depends on the function of the interface, you may want to wait a few weeks to see if people are reporting issues.
      • October 13, 2020
  • New
    probertson167
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi

I have successfully registered my UMC404HD case no CAS-409609-Z4S7G7

I have not as yet received my software activation code for Tracktion.

How long will it be before I receive it please?

0 55
  • New
    RicardoVillalbaEstevez
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hi everyone, i come here as a last resort of this problem (after i visit a lot of forums, youtube chanels etc.)

I  want to use my UMC202HD to record electric guitars with this setup:

- Guitar connected directly to channel 1 or 2 using the "inst" position (it supose to be high impedance)

- Using DAW (Cubase or FL Studio, i have both) with plugins or Standalone plugins ( a LOT of that: example Amplitube, Neural DSP, etc)

The result of that is:

- Clip at 0 Gain whit very "opaque" and "odd" sound

- If i change to PAD (in "inst position") setting the knob or changing to Line (low impedance, not good for guitar), in both cases, the same "opaque" and "odd sound" plus lack of attack for the low signal imput.

- for this i use 4 guitars with very diffrent setups: active hambuckers, single coil, passive hambuckers.

- I try in both of my PC's (win 10 in both), same result

- I use several cables, same result

When i search for other ppl on youtube, for example, i see most happy users that get incredible sound with same audio interface using only standalone plugins (the same one i have).

The ONLY THING i DONT TRY is a DI box (cause i dont have one). But, for what i see on other users, that ppl dont use em.

Thats all for now, i i have any other further update on my "sound quest" o will add it later.

I hope i find a solution for this problem, i need to use it for work

Thanks in advance" 

read more...
    0 267
    • RicardoVillalbaEstevez
      RexBeckett Hi Ricardo, let us see if we can help to locate your issue.

You should use the high-impedance Inst setting for passive guitar pickups. Some active pickups would also be OK with the lower input impedance of the Line setting but should work on Inst as well. The Inst input is quite sensitive so it would be necessary to press the Pad button in for some types of pickup.

If you connect headphones to the UMC202HD and press in the Direct Monitor button, does the guitar still sound odd? The sound will only be in one ear - left for input 1, right for input 2.

When the Direct Monitor button is out, if you play known-good music on the PC, does it sound OK in the headphones?
      • January 27, 2021
    • RicardoVillalbaEstevez
      RicardoVillalbaEstevez Thanks for the answer Rex. I will answer your comments below:

- I have 1 active pickup guitar and 3 passive pickup guitars, in EVERY situaction u comment: high imp (inst) with or without
      PAD or low imp (line)
      searching for the "right" lvl with gain know AND with direct imput, souns muddy.
      - In ALL GUITAR SCENARIOS when i use the inst mode, it clips (active or passive pickups). When i active the PAD, sound
      muddy (without clipping)
      - When i use the LINE mode sound VERY MUDDY.
      - In all cases the resultiing muddy sound lacks of brightness, is very opaque, lacks of attack. In fact, all the guitars sound
      very similar.
      - When i play music using studio headphones or monitor souds great
      - When i use midi VST's in any DAW (cubase, FL studio, Reaper) sounds Great: no delay at all.
      - It seems to be an imput issue only.

Im triying to get a DI Box to see if i can lower the impedance to get a more clrear sound if possible
      If you have any other suggestion i will be happy to check it out

Thanks again!
      • January 27, 2021
    • RicardoVillalbaEstevez
      RexBeckett It's possible that a DI Box will help, Ricardo. There is also a possibility that your UMC202HD has a fault. If it was a recent purchase, it would be worth contacting your supplier.
      • January 27, 2021
  • New
    foxleafs
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-14

Hi, i've a Behringer umc 404. When i plug the audio interface via USB (with or without the DC adapter) i've all the signal led light on and the First Two clip led on (i've attached a photo). How can i resolve? There's a est ti reset the interface? I've tried all the official driver but Nothins works. Thank you

read more...
    0 98
  • New
    Oiseaubleu21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-02

I just bought a U-Phoria UMC404HD and I would like to know which Software should I use to run with this and to record music and voices. I need a very simple SW, easy to use and to understand. I will use tsi audio interface to broadcast live on facebook from a mixer..

read more...
    0 97
    • Oiseaubleu21
      Nigel67 Hi Oiseaubleu21. If you register your UMC with us, then you receive a free registration code for Traktion software. You can register your product by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. In the new window that opens, scroll down and click on the Product Registration tab. Submit the form and you will receive an automated e-mail back from us with confirmation of your registration and the Traktion code. If you do not receive the Traktion code, reply to me on this post with the ticket number and I will arrange the code for you. Another free software you could try is Audacity, but there are various other as well. Probably searching the internet for reviews will help you further. Many thanks
      • May 2, 2021
    • Oiseaubleu21
      Oiseaubleu21

Thanks. I did find it and it works great. Thanks again.

• May 3, 2021
  • New
    TravisEndersby
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-17

My Go XLR Mini randomly makes my microphone (which works flawlessly elsewhere (SM7B, tried with many cables).

This can be fixed by pulling then replugging the USB.  The fix works everytime

Is this sort of thing covered by warrenty.  It used to happen monthly now it's more like daily, at least weekly  

read more...
    0 53
    • TravisEndersby
      NicJonesMT Hi Travis.
      The best thing to do would be to hit Support at the top of the page and submit a tech support ticket. From there we can then trouble shoot and advise you further.
      • May 17, 2021
    • TravisEndersby
      TheBucketFresh I also have this problem. THANK YOU Travis I didn't know unplugging the usb would fix it. I would also love to know if there is a fix for this. I have a GOXLR not a mini .. but same problem.
      • August 30, 2021
  • New
    adamholt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-22

Hey,

I'm in the market for a new audio interface (2I / 2O). Will be connecting it to a Mac Mini M1 running Big Sur / Logic.

How is compatibility right now for that configuration?

Thanks,

Adam

0 89
    • adamholt
      Nigel67 Hi adamholt. All our USB USB audio / midi devices are fully UAC2.0 class compliant and do not require drivers under MAC OS and will continue to work under CoreAudio as before. Any issues are mostly Big Sur set up related.
      • July 21, 2021
    • adamholt
      adamholt

Thanks Nigel67! Anything I should be particularly mindful of around Big Sur to avoid hitting into those common issues?

• July 21, 2021
  • New
    Bradds94
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-01

Hello

Ive been considering purchasing a UMC1820 unit, but I can't find any information about its compatibility with Mac OS Big Sur and on the new M1 chip. 

Does anyone know if this will work ? 

Thanks 

read more...
    0 21
    • Bradds94
      DavidKnighton Hello Bradds94,
      The UMC1820 is Class Compliant, and Apple utilizes Core Audio, so the two are fully comptabile.
      • October 1, 2021
  • New
    stafylid
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

Hi.

New owner of a UMC202HD. My questions are 1) How do I register my product ? 2) Does it comes any free software with this product as mentioned in various sources (reviews etc) ?

Thank you

0 17
    • stafylid
      Dale_M Hi there, go to the support tab above and scroll down to register a product, if there is any freeware you may need to reply to the registration email to request it as this will not be automated. I hope this helps.
      • October 21, 2021
    • stafylid
      billwin I've just been looking into this, apparently Tracktion software is provided free to purchasers of Behringer products. You have to register the product and get a reg code from Behringer to provide to Tracktion and enable the download. I haven't tried it yet.
      • October 23, 2021
  • Mgonthier
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

I'm new to using interface, and bought a used FCA1616 and don't know if it's just not working, or not doing what it's suppose to do. MAC OSX High Sierra. FW and USB connected. I see it in Audio and it's loading both a FCA1616 USB and a Bheringer FCA1616 as a choice in the in/ouputs. I've conneced professional Sennheizer microphones to the first 3 inputs and a Laptop Mini to XLR into Input 4. The outputs will go into the in-ear-monitor transmitters. This was all for testing out a Unity and or Loopback Mix Minus set up..But nothing in coming in. Unity is not currently install, but I do have Loopback installed and was trying to get signals throught but nothing. Test 2 - I opened a browser on the operating computer and played a video from youtube. So that plays and I can see the DAW green led's bouncing up and down. But apparentely nothing seems to be coming in or out of it from external sources and back out of the 1/4" outputs in the back. What am I doing wrong? I also loaded the drivers 11 and 13 on a window 7 machine, and I was able to see the unit, and also get serial info, just didn't have time to test in a DAW set up. I really need it to work to implement the control over Mix-minus, but just can't even get one source to come in via the front XLR inputs.. Can you help let me know what I'm missing?

read more...
    0 607
    • Mgonthier
      Nigel67 Hi Mathias. i think to start off with we need to see if you can hear a microphone input in some headphones. Plug a microphone into input 1. Switch on phantom power if the microphone requires it. Plug a pair of headphones into the Headphone A jack. Turn the gain up a little. Turn the gain up on Input 1 and check to see if you are getting audio on the headphones. It should be on the left headphone only. The green LED for 1/L above the headphone gain pot should light. If you hear audio and can see the LED lighting, then the input is working correctly. Next, you can plug a loudspeaker into the main out 1/L on the rear of the unit and see if you are now getting audio out from that. Make sure you are using a balanced cable. If you are getting audio from there, you should connect the USB cable to your MAC and check your input and output settings in audio preferences are set for the FCA1616. On the input, there will be a little bargraph and you should see this lighting when you talk into the microphone. There is also a very good video on You Tube that shows all the set up for the Firewire with MAC. Have a look at this and see if it helps.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4mfwKNuvU8
      • September 28, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Mgonthier Nothing comes through the headphones as sources are plugged into front.. The only thing is the LED lighting above the 2nd Headphone jack. This is when I play a source from the Computer like YT music. but nothing over the headphones either. DOA on most front except if source is driven from FW or USB interface..
      • September 29, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Mgonthier Is there a process to reload firmware or updates on this unit, Mac or PC .. usually if these things are DOA, other electronics, means that they weren't updated correctly or loaded correctly. Is this the case of this. I opened the box and there seems to be no physical damage inside. blown or damages. This should be all interface software issues. any feed back on such issues?
      • October 3, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Nigel67 Hi Mathias, let me check with the design team and get back to you.
      • October 5, 2020
    • Mgonthier
      Mgonthier - I do see audio from the laptop as output, but no input indication on the LED panel in the front. i also do have power cycles where the unit reboots sometimes when plugging in things. Again completely new to this model or type of unit, but I would of also thought that I would see sources, but nothing comes into or out via XLRs in on the front via Sennheizer G3 mics line level outputs.. and again when plugging in a speaker on back MAIN ouputs, nothing comes out over volume or indicator VU meters anywhere. Only internal audio from the controlling laptop comes out and goes to the FCA. Thanks .. Just a thought - Any motherboard reset button on this to push?
      • October 5, 2020
Go to page